Khloé Kardashian, Mario Lopez Officially Named Co-Hosts of The X Factor

Apparently, all hosting roads on Fox lead back to Ryan Seacrest.

Khloé Kardashian, by far the least annoying cast member of the Seacrest-produced Keeping Up With the Kardashians (and its myriad spinoffs), has scored a plum hosting gig on The X Factor alongside Extra‘s Mario Lopez.

Rumors of a Kardashian-Lopez hosting deal have been percolating for weeks, and intensifying in the last 24 hours, but Kardashian herself made the official announcement today in a blog post.

“Hi loves. I’m sure you’ve been hearing the rumors and I’m SO excited that I can finally confirm the news — I am joining The X Factor as co-host with Mario Lopez,” the reality star wrote. “I’m a huge fan of the show so I literally fell over in my chair when I heard that I was being considered for the role. The show already has such an incredible panel of judges and it is truly an honor to have been given this opportunity to work with them.”

“The worst kept secret in Hollywood is out,” X Factor executive producer and judge Simon Cowell added in a release. “Mario and Khloé are our hosts. They will debut on our first live show in November and I couldn’t be happier.”

Square-jawed British import Steve Jones hosted The X Factor‘s first season, but was dropped (along with judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Shinyobjects) when executive producer and judge Simon Cowell sought to reboot the show for Season 2 and improve upon decent but not spectacular intial ratings.

In Season 2, The X Factor has made do without a host during its audition and Boot Camp rounds.

Barring any catastrophic developments, Kardashian’s new job should last longer than sister Kim’s 72-day nuptials to that Kris Humphries dude.

How are you feeling about Kardashian and Lopez as replacements to Robot McSquarejaw? Take our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (35)

• Like the choice of Mario Lopez. The fat(test) Kardashian? Not so much.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 16, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? That’s how you want to describe Khloe? Pathetic answer.

Comment by Jessica – October 16, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes that is how I want to describe her. She is definitely the fattest one of all those vile pigs.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 16, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And her weight has what exactly to do with her skills or qualifications to host a tv show? She’s the largest of the family…so what?

Comment by mia – October 16, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with her being on TV if they want to get her on The Biggest Loser. What makes her qualified to host the X-Factor other than her sister made a sex tape and got a reality show that features their whole gold-digger family?

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 16, 2012 06:44 PM PDT
        • (it wont let me reply to your reply)
          She’s not even “fat”; she has a healthy, normal body weight. Expectations of women’s bodies are so skewed by Hollywood and the thin obsessed culture we live in is disgusting. She doesn’t need to be on The Biggest Loser and the fact that you think she’s “fat” enough to be on there makes me sad for the people in your life who are fat and have to deal with you.

Comment by mia – October 16, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • someone needs to teach you about respect.

Comment by luli – October 16, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are gross.

Comment by murley – October 16, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WOW. you are disgusting.

Comment by jenna – October 18, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still not worth a try. Wish it was.

Comment by leigh – October 16, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mario Lopez is vile. Any of the other guys up for it would have been better than that scumbag.

Comment by Sarah – October 16, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would never watch any show with a Kardashian in it. Hope it REALLY FAILS big time.

Comment by CancellationCity – October 16, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that this is finally official. I think Mario and Khloe will bring a “warmth” (for the lack of a better term) to the hosting gig that Steve Jones was missing.

Comment by Mursal – October 16, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slezak should write all the poll choices for TV Line articles. Those are brilliant.

Comment by Alex – October 16, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Steve Jones, even if just for his hilarious awkwardness. I don’t mind this pair, but I’m not excited about them. Cat Deeley would’ve been the perfect choice.

Comment by Brandy – October 16, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a Kardashian fan at all. The opposite in fact. Hope that doesn’t turn out to be enough to make turn off the show. Lopez should be good. We shall see.

Comment by Elaine – October 16, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not a “Kardashian” fan either, but I wouldn’t put Khloé in the same category as the rest of her family. Don’t judge her because of her last name, I find she has nothing in common with those people. She is genuine and honest, unlike the rest of her family.

Comment by Marisa_once – October 17, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh.. Another reason NOT to watch this show. X Factor just jumped the shark. What a bad move from Simon. Hope the show gets cancelled..

Comment by Titina – October 16, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the love of god quit hating I swear you all just love to hate on celebrities you all are jealous because you guys wish y’all were them.

Comment by Max Thomas – October 19, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually intrigued by Khloe, don’t care about the Kardashian thing, I’m willing to give her a shot. I just don’t like Mario Lopez at all, I’m not sure I even liked Slater that much back in the “Saved by the bell” days.

Comment by Raftrap – October 16, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks good to me.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 16, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Withhold judgment, we’ll see how this goes.

Comment by andrew rogers (@sublymonal) – October 16, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do the Kardashains have to be everywhere? Im sick of them!

Comment by Josh – October 16, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all she’s not a Kardashian, she’s an Odom and goes by that name more than Kardashian. She’s the least annoying and most mature of the lot. She should be fun. But I really thought Kevin McHale would have been the best choice.

Comment by shuayb – October 16, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn you Ryan Seacrest for cursing our country with this pile of garbage. Wake up America the only way we are going to get rid of this garbage is if their tv shows are no longer watched…

Comment by Am – October 16, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? A music show and you can’t find musicians?

Consider the shark jumped.

Comment by Jk – October 16, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would a musician want to HOST the show? Why would that work? Ryan Seacrest is not a singer. Tom Bergeron is not a dancer. Yet they are the best when it comes to hosting these shows.

Comment by Jen – October 17, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The best. Hardly… Actually they kinda suck.

Dick Clark vs Ryan Seacrest? Not even close.

Comment by Jk – October 18, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if I need ANOTHER reason not to watch….

Comment by Alison@yahoo.com – October 16, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nicole Shinyobjects. Best one yet.
    However, Nicole is actually doing an ok job on the UK version. I don’t hate her as much this time around. I dislike Louis Walsh way more.

About the hosts: I have no idea who the Kardashian girl is, but I can picture Mario as a good host. Let’s just see. No need to judge before they have actually done anything.

Comment by Vetle – October 16, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huge mistake putting a Kardashian on the show. Their 15 minutes was up about five years ago.

Comment by Tim – October 16, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mario Lopez is a pro! I like him. Mini Ryan seacrest.

As for Khloe, I think she the most “real” and fun kardashian. Think she will do a good job.

Comment by Jenny – October 17, 2012 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thought about giving this show a chance when they were talking about maybe bringing in Stacy Keibler, but now can save several hours of my week by not watching. Kardashian = NOT WATCHING.

Comment by G – October 17, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People give Khloe a chance before saying you won’t watch! It’s a great show and I’m sure she’ll surprise us.

Comment by Marisa_once – October 17, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post