Gossip Girl: Jenny and Eric Back For Finale?

Get More: Casting News, Finales

Are two Gossip Girl kids coming home to roost?

Taylor Momsen and Connor Paolo, aka Jenny Humphrey and Eric van der Woodsen, were spotted on the show’s set, prompting speculation that the CW soap is staging a big family reunion for its upcoming series finale.

PHOTOS | Gossip Girl Sneak Peek: Will a Last Dance Bring Chuck and Blair Together for Good?

News of Momsen and Paolo’s possible returns leaked on Tuesday when Kelly Rutherford tweeted the photo to the right along with the following message: “My kids are grown up!!”

The show is currently shooting its series finale, which will also see Katie Cassidy’s schemer Juliet Sharp making a comeback.

Momsen and Paolo, the latter of whom currently stars on ABC’s Revenge, last appeared in Season 4. Little J and Eric have both been mentioned by their parents as being abroad.

A rep for the show had no comment.

Comments (67)

• yess i miss jenny so much

Comment by Amandip – October 16, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve wished every single day that Jenny and Eric will be back for the swan song. But I worry Taylor Momsen’s and Connor Paolo’s ego will get in the way, but I’m really really glad that they are back! Even it’s just one scene at the end, where they had dinner or something, I’ll be happy lol.
      Thanks Taylor and Connor for reprising their roles and make the fans happy.
      Rating may be horrible but some of us will definitely stick and be loyal.

Comment by Leo – October 16, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Dan and Serena’s wedding they are there for, there are spoiler pics of it up, and also of Chuck and Blair’s child. As for Jenny kinda wish she died when she left, but very excited for Eric’s return!

Comment by Gina – October 17, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!

Comment by qeee – October 16, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I heard a rumor she was going to be in the finale on Sunday night (due to a leaked call sheet), but I didn’t want to believe it was for sure! YAY JENNY! :) Nice seeing Eric again too!

Comment by M – October 16, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noo! I EXTREMELY dislike Jenny. I found her to be a brat. I love Eric though!

Comment by Mim – October 16, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, it’s supposed to be a 5 year flashforward. She’d be a 20 something adult. Maybe it’s time to get over it?

Comment by M – October 16, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t have to “get over” my opinion. Maybe it’s time to grow up?

Comment by Mim – October 16, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • maybe you should consider growing up. touchy much?

Comment by kate – October 16, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m not touchy, perfectly fine actually. I’m not the one who told someone else to “get over it”. It’s my opinion and if you or anyone else doesn’t like it then don’t respond to my comment. Thanks!

Comment by Mim – October 16, 2012 04:41 PM PDT
        • If you’re this upset about a fictional character, then actually yes, you do need to get over your opinion.

Comment by JC – October 16, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Good grief. She’s expressing her dislike for a character and her dismay at that character’s return. She’s right, it’s called an opinion. Since when did that become a crime?

Comment by Sunset – October 17, 2012 03:38 AM PDT
          • No one said I wss “upset”, so no, actually I don’t. You all seem more upset that I don’t agree with you all, so: Get. Over. It. Thanks!

Comment by Mim – October 17, 2012 09:05 PM PDT
    • I completely agree, never liked Jenny.. but I loved Eric, so I can’t wait to see him again, and yes as closure, I guess it would be cool to have everybody back together..

Comment by jules – November 15, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy. All main characters should always show up for a series finale, whatever the series.

Comment by Isak – October 16, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Back for a Dan & Blair wedding I hope!

Comment by Hafsa Vie – October 16, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha that’s wishful thinking

Comment by ajs1988 – October 16, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would make my life.
      Can’t deal with this Chuck/Blair crap anymore

Comment by Rachel – October 16, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pictures of a Chuck/Blair wedding and pages of the script have leaked. So we’ll have to deal with it for a bit more, if not accepting it as the endgame. Siiiiiigh.

Comment by olivia – October 16, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And also Dan is there and is clapping for their wedding kiss and looking mildly supportive/resigned. WHYYYYYYY.

Comment by olivia – October 16, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ROTFL More like a Dan and Serena wedding. Your ship is so dead there are flies feasting on it’s rotten corpse. Enjoy whining about the ship that sank Gossip Girl I’ll be toasting to Dan and Serena!

Comment by Kelly – October 16, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The ship that sank GG? Have you seen this season’s ratings?? Hardly an improvement.

Comment by Thea – October 16, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The delusion…it’s hilarious.

Comment by Get Over It – October 16, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I hadn’t sold all of my Gossip Girl DVDs when Dair happened last year, I would burn them all disc by disc if the end of the show was Dan & Blair. What BS that whole arc was.

Comment by Ari – October 16, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by murley – October 16, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted jenny back for some final crazy scheming arc but i’ll take finale appearance. now show me the photo of carter on set…

Comment by murley – October 16, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got so many feels when I read that both Jenny and Eric are set to return! It’ll be nice to see the two onscreen since its been a while. Now all I need is for Vanessa to enter the picture and I’ll be satisfied. Despite the fact that a large portion of the fandom disliked her, I do want Dan and Vanessa’s friendship to be repaired. That’s my final wish.

Comment by Will – October 16, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! Glad to hear they’ll be back.

Comment by Kristina – October 16, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahmagod that’s so exciting. Don’t care much for the Eric character but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Little Jenny Humphrey. Loved her character, love the actress, love her music, love everything about her. It will be the one episode of the final season that I actually watch!
    PS: I’ve met Taylor Momsen and she’s literally the nicest person ever.

Comment by Sara – October 16, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Eric but I don’t see any use for Jenny.

Comment by april-ann – October 16, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS.

Comment by jaja – October 16, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disliking her doesn’t mean she doesn’t have any use…whether you liked Jenny or not, she was a part of the show, and they way she was written out (to be at boarding school) leaves room for her to return, and if there really is going to be a wedding, it makes sense for her to be there.

Comment by Mark – November 2, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Jenny. Dislike Taylor Momsen’s weird growing pains. Glad Jenny and Eric are boh back. Would have been a shame if they ended the series with only a mention of the name.

Comment by Kalee – October 16, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope there is indicative of some kind of Rufus/Lily reunion because the whole Bart Bass is alive thing is where Gossip Girl, once and for all, jumped the shark. I literally laughed out loud when Lily went back to a guy who spied on her, has no problem repeatedly emotionally destroying his son, and then faked his own death, leaving her behind without a word and making her believe he had died.

Comment by kate – October 16, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ItA , not to mention.Lily never loved him,she cheated on him with Rufus before and after the wedding and only married him for two reasons:1. Money 2.Serena asked Lily not to date Rufus so she could be with Dan in season one

Comment by Brandy – October 16, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just re-watched a bunch of the earlier episodes. I always thought Bart was a creep. The fact that he could do this to Chuck already shows what kind of a person he is. No matter what kind of problems Lily was having with Rufus, she should never have gone back to him.

Comment by Wenders – October 16, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Little J is the reason of the existence of Blair Waldorf as the Blair Witch. I dislike Blair “slave for the love of Chuck Bass” Waldorf, but i enjoyed when she destroyed Jenny’s life

Comment by Fernanda – October 16, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The same finale in which Gossip Girl is going to be revealed. Anyone else see the connection? Remember at the end of season 2 where Jenny told Blair that Gossip Girl would be following them to college? What better way to draw interest away from herself?

Comment by Riana – October 16, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I missed Jenny and I don’t think they could end this series right without their returns.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – October 16, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad that they will be back for the finale. Will be even happier if Nate and Jenny wind up together!

Comment by Nicole – October 16, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA! Nate and Jenny ending up together would be a great flash forward.

Comment by Felicity – October 16, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nate/Jenny was the only time I actually liked (tolerated) Jenny Humphrey.

Comment by Ari – October 16, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the Chuck Blair pictures were of a dream sequence but anyway that is a totally cheesy ending to gossip girl. I think one of the cast members should at least die.

Comment by Rachel – October 16, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder what Jenny is back for. Since it is most def not Chuck/Blair wedding. Dan and Serena wedding? Rufus and Lilly back together Wedding? Dan and Nelly Yuki Wedding!?

Comment by gary – October 16, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She might be Gossip Girl.

Comment by kavyn – October 16, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show is dead, people with delusions are watching. Majority have stopped watching, this show is a fail.

Comment by Hojana – October 16, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The amount of promotion GG receives you would think the show could pull atleast 1 million viewers.

Comment by Jared – October 16, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nellyuki really can’t act.

And no on Vanessa – she’s a beast.

Comment by Miffy – October 16, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fandom’s hatred towards Vanessa always came off as ridiculous to me. Yes, she went about things the wrong way but the same thing can be said about the other characters on the show. At least she attempted to repair the damage she has caused. And I do feel like they should bring her back in order to redeem Vanessa’s character. The writers ruined her character just to appease the people who didn’t like her.

Comment by Will – October 16, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair are finally getting married!!!

Comment by Shey – October 16, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yes, maybe they can finally return Jenny to being a sane kid who wanted to be a designer like when she was originally introduced.

It’d be nice to see the character overcome her issues.

And it’d be great to have Connor Paolo back as Eric. A great actor and a great character. Both of them returning would truly make the final season a finale worth remembering.

Comment by Paul Penna – October 16, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S5 destroyed Gossip Girl. It’s sad because the 6.01 premiere was good. It’s hard to get back all the fans you lost especially with such pathetic promotion from the CW. But who can blame the CW when ratings dropped below 1 million last season and they were lucky to even get 10 episodes to fix the mess Safran made and tie up storylines. Glad Jenny and Eric will be back though. I hear it’s for a Dan and Serena wedding. That ship is tired and S5 ruined them beyond repair for me but at least they are better than Dair.

Comment by Deena – October 16, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its not for Chuck and Blair wedding people. Why the hell would Jenny return for that?

Comment by gary – October 16, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad they’re coming back! They both deserve a good solid ending especially because they were on the show since its inception. Besides, I love love love Jenny!

Comment by Kem – October 16, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very cool that Taylor Momsen and Connor Paolo are willing to return. I got the impression that Momsen left on less-than-wonderful terms, and Paolo certainly has better things to do now with “Revenge”.

Comment by Jeff – October 16, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care if the show is below 1 million viewers to be exact its at 780,000 viewers. I am loyal to GG and I will watch this remaining season it has been 10X better than last season could ever be :)

Comment by JC – October 16, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Always thought that Eric was GG from the beginning.

Comment by Keenan – October 16, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares? This show couldn’t suck more than it does now.

Comment by Sam – October 17, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaay! Jenny needed to be back for the season finale. I’m glad the actress could get over herself for at least one episode worth to make an appearance.

Comment by Alex – October 17, 2012 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could they maybe put a wig on Taylor and make Jenny look less ridiculous than the actress? Please?

Comment by Meh – October 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awhhhhhhhh veryyyy exciting little J is BACK!!!!!!!!! thank u so much!

Comment by gossip girl asian – October 18, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let Jenny and Nate end up together!

Comment by Kristen – November 9, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to find out who GOSSIP GIRL is! Im most excited that Kristen Bell (the voice behind gossip girl) is appearing.. I think she might be related to Ivy or something… Anyway, I hope some beautifully complex motivations will come out that will tie everything up into a neat bow.. (Hopeful much?)

Comment by ophelia (@ruinme) – November 21, 2012 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PS. Nobody else seems to have commented on this but Ivy Dickens looks an awful lot like Kirsten Bell…

Comment by ophelia (@ruinme) – November 21, 2012 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Vanessa is gossip girl, which is probably why Dan found the need to protect her identity??

Comment by Keena – December 11, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post