Dancing With the Stars Week 4 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

dwts week 4 results palinSo apparently it took a hotly anticipated presidential debate to finally whittle down Dancing With the Stars‘ overblown, redundant (and occasionally even painful) two-hour results shows to an engaging 60 minutes of edge-of-your-seat entertainment? I never thought I’d say this, but thanks Mitt and Barack!

And as the nine remaining couples on Season 15’s All-Star edition returned to the ballroom for tonight’s single-elimination telecast, another significant shift seemed underway: The lowest scoring celeb –- my beloved Kirstie Alley, whose relatively dismal 30 points put her at the back of the pack after Monday night’s slew of top-notch performances –- actually seemed in the most serious danger of going home without the Mirrorball Trophy. I wasn’t ready to say “Cheers!” to the happy hoofer!

But having a potentially game-changing debate on the horizon didn’t stop the producers from padding the show with the most spectacular Odd Couple in DWTS history, Season 9 champ Donny Osmond and (wha?) singing sensation Susan Boyle, not to mention the queer-tastic return of the delightful Carson Kressley. But let’s not delay the inevitable results announcement any further. Here we go…

FINAL THREE COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

ELIMINATED
Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas

“We made it to Week 4 and I’m happy with that,” said Bristol of being the latest All-Star to lose out on the Mirrorball trophy, while a clearly disappointed mama Sarah applauded from the audience. Bristol then graciously bid adieu with, “I had an awesome time and an awesome partner … and I wish everyone the best of luck!”

And with that, it’s your turn. Did the right couple go home tonight? Did the segment where the couples picked a “guilty pleasure” team freestyle song for next week confuse and annoy you as much as it did me? Who’s going to win the presidential debate? Sound off in the comments! –Mitch Rustad

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Dancing With The Stars, Reality TV, Recaps

1. CB says:

Best elimination show yet! Bye, bye Bristol!

2. Marianne says:

FINALLY! I’m sure Bristol will probably whine about it too.

3. Linda says:

Finally! I’ve been waiting for this elimination since the beginning.

4. Marie says:

Yes. Finally!

5. Laquisha says:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x 999999999999999999 :) :) :) :) :)

6. Stacie says:

There’s a trick to getting people out on this show. Have a semi-decent week, get some decent comments by the judges don’t get the the worst score and then be sent home. If you have a bad week, get bad remarks by the judges and bad scores then you stay. It’s a weird thing. It was painfully obvious by the school yard picks that Bristol didn’t really belong there anymore. She went a week or so longer than she should, but I am glad that the people left are the people remaining.

I think the team competition next week should be exciting. I love Shawn Johnson’s team. I think her, Sabrina, Melissa and Apollo are outstanding. Gilles’ team is good but will suffer in the agility aspect, which is important this week. Emmit and Kirstie just aren’t gonna be able to do the tricks that Shawn, Sabrina and Melissa can. That’s just not their strengths.

7. Liz says:

Yes the right couple finally went home!!!!! :) :) :)

8. Tina says:

YES, it’s about damn time. You know Mark is not upset about it. Looking forward to the team freestyle!

9. jacqi says:

ABOUT TIME! I would have been happy with either bottom 2 couple eliminated, but I am glad Bristol went home. She has had a crappy attitude since day 1.

10. VIRGINIA says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! GOOD ON YOU BRISTOL YOU MADE THE SHOW HOPELESS AND TASTELESS AND MESSY ! GO HOME NOW !

11. VIRGINIA says:

SHE SHOULD HAVE EVICTED SINCE, WE B PUT THE BLAME ON THE JUDGES ! ALLELUIAH ! GOOD ELIMINATION, THIS IS THE BEST ONE AND JUSTIFIED ! ! KIRSTIE AND MAKS KEEP IT ON TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO GO HOME AS YET !

12. Laura E. says:

Yay, I can watch again!

13. Allison P says:

I’m so glad to see that a repeat of Briston’s first season didn’t happen again. Can’t wait to see the eight amazing couples left during Guilty Pleasures Week!

14. april-ann says:

Yes and yes. The right couple went home AND the segment where the couples chose a “guilty pleasure” freestyle song for next week did confuse and annoy me. I didn’t know whether the couples choosing the other couples are dancing with each couple, with all the couples they chose, to that one song or other songs too? What? The bigger question is why. Why the gimmicks? I hate to say it but it’s true: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Knock it off already. And while I’m at it, no more “guest judges” please. I didn’t watch last night because of it. Those three are magic together and don’t need a boost at that table by any means by anyone. I like Paula very much but she belongs on AI not here, not for even one night.

15. VIRGINIA says:

JUDGES PLEASE DO NOT PUT THIS BRISTOL PALIN IN THE DWTS OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR GOOD RATING. YOU SHOW FAVOURITISM, HEADS NODDING BUT REFUSE TO SEE. THANKS – BACK TO THE SHOW HOOOOORAYYY!

16. Mike says:

Took long enough.

17. Stephanie says:

Seriously she should have been gone week two. She can’t dance and after last night with her whining at Mark to make the dance easier when everyone else was pushing themselves beyond the limit I would have been pissed if she had been allowed to stay.

18. VIRGINIA says:

I STRONGLY AGREE, NO NEED TO GET AN EXTRA JUDGE, A WALL DECORATION? PAULA ABDUL SHOULD GO BACK TO THE AMERICAN IDOL IF IF IF THERE IS STILL A SPACE FOR HER. SHE TALKS NONSENSE. . . . SORRY ….. BRUNO IS JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE ME GIGGLE. VAL IS GORGEOUS LIKE HIS BROTHER MAKS.

• Kikidee says:

There’s a button on the left of your keyboard that says “caps lock”. You must have pushed it by accident. If you push it again you can turn off the annoying capitals you keep using.

19. Am says:

Bravo!!! Best elimination EVER

20. Angela says:

About. Freakin’. Time.
    That is all.

21. Yes, this time the right couple went home.

22. Katrina says:

YES she deserved to go home weeks ago!

23. TheFactsR says:

Yes, any of these would make my day happier for the next elim: Gilles, Kirstie, Kelly, Emmett, then I would be happy to watch the teams that were continuing after those 4 are gone!

• GS says:

I don’t agree with Gilles but the rest of your list are the ones that need to go next. Emmitt is not that good and I never thought he was in his season. Kelly and Val need to get a room. Kirstie is entertaining but can’t dance at the level of those left. Gilles is freaking awesome and I love watching him. My finals would be Gilles, Apollo, and Shawn. Can’t believe I’m actually rooting for Derek to make the finals. I’ve never done that….lol.

• Kim R says:

Thank you for mentioning the Kelly and Val thing!! hahaha I was embarrassed to watch them stand there with each other. Get a room is right!! What is up with that?? :)

• TheFactsR says:

They are gross and sickening! I hope they GO soon and Peta/Gilles are next sick and Kirstie/Maks too. The drama is distracting from the dancing!!!

24. TheFactsR says:

The team dances will be weird I think. Gilles already being weird this season and then to put Cheryl and Peta and Maks the triangle on a team then throw in the brother is a little strange.

This team will suffer, Peta wiggles her $*%()#$ to get votes from the judges and Maks attention then Cheryl %*%# dances to get votes and to get Maks attention, Kirstie tries to HAM it up to get votes and Maks attention and Val and Kelly the annoying SHOWMANCE already has ruined it. Not at all eager to watch the footage from rehearsal nor the week of tweets from that team match up.

The next team should be the best team, Shawn who is far improved from her first season then Sabrina who is showing more dance style and Apolo who is entertaining and Melissa who also has an advantage, this team show fair very well. They should be SHOWMANCE FREE and charmingly interesting to watch.

• Tess says:

Peta clearly was the one deciding those couples she and Gilles picked – seeing how she’s dating Maks it’s no wonder he and his brother would wind up on the same team. And of course, with Cheryl and Emmitt being available still Gilles would pick to reunite with his former pro partner. Not sure I can picture Kirstie dancing “Gangum Style” though. That will be odd.

Val and Kelly’s showmance is puke inducing. She’s old enough to be his mother (or close to it), no?

Oh and HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY thank Jeebus that Bristol’s gone! Clearly the reverse psychology of claiming she was so greatly improved and giving her higher scores than Kristie so she wasn’t in the bottom was what it took to finally get the right outcome. Shame the last three guys were all knocked out before her, but at least she’s gone now.

• rebecca says:

no.. Kelly is 36, Val is 26. not a big difference.

• TheFactsR says:

Kelly is more like 38 almost 40 and it is SICK! This is a dance competition not a gross bury your head in Kirsties b*)(*)*# to get a LAUGH show! And Val is taking it to the extreme! SICK SICK

• TheFactsR says:

Peta is a deceitful liar who two timed Damian while he was on DWTS in Ausie country. I will give Peta no respect and anyone who does deserves to be cheated on too.

Maks will suffer for the part he plays in the two timing of Damian, Maks knew that when Damian left March 3, 2012 Damian and Peta were still together and tweeted each other every day. Danian was her cheerleader while working in Ausie Country DWTS.

She is an annoying, unpleasant, unattractive, cheating, deceitful, liar!!!! Who wiggles her #$(&#($& for judges votes and fan votes.

I give Peta no respect.

• TheFactsR says:

seeing how Maks also has beded Cheryl I find it weird that Peta, Maks, Cheryl are on the same team! PUKE PUKE PUKE

• Mary says:

Maybe they are mature enough to go with their life even if they were once together. My god people this is not a soap opera. Who cares who dated, slept with whom, this is a dancing competition. Do you know Peta personally, did she ditch you for someone? You only assume what went down, so what gives you the right to be so judgemental?
          On a lighter note I am glad Bristol is gone. Kristie based on her dancing should be the next one to go.

• TheFactsR says:

Mary

I am rather tired of you signaling out my post to tromp on. If you don’t like want I say keep it to yourself. I don’t attack your post unless you direct them to me. I don’t believe you are the only one on this message board so Mary from now on just think that I am not talking to you OK move along honey!
            But a cheater is a cheater is a cheater lowlife!

• TheFactsR says:

You don’t think Derek and Shawn would choose, Cheryl or Maks or Val or Peta do you? They took the lesser of the 4 evils in Tony. They really wanted Mark but knew he was going home for Bristol was not liked.

25. Forwarddad says:

What a crap recap.

26. LoRo1 says:

Happy Dance! The ballroom is a happy place again.

27. Tom Charles says:

28. VIRGINIA says:

U r annoyed with the capitals? why? u r also using capitals ! oh that is to emphasize how annoying to see Bristol being in the ladder board when she has to go since. No Paula Abdul please. What 10years not a big difference? no kidding !

29. garryfish says:

If she was not Sarah Palin daughter; wold you still wanted her to go home. i’m sorry but Kirsty Alley cannot dance. BTW…Susan Boyle looked scared on stage

• AT says:

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: very much so yes. Any ‘star’ who refuses to push him or herself, makes their pro significantly dumb down a routine so they can skate on, and generally doesn’t seem to be having fun needs to go. Just look at Kate Gosselin when she was on. Bad dancer, didn’t want to put in the effort, and seemed annoyed to be on the show. I wanted her gone as bad as I wanted Bristol gone, and for the same reasons.

Heck, I haven’t voted for Kelly because she looks like she’s insanely unhappy to be there.

• If Bristol were not Sarah Palin’s daughter she would never have been on the show; as her fame comes from her mother.

30. TheFactsR says:

I find it difficult that Maks would want such an unattractive, deceitful, liar, who is truly the worst pro on the show.

31. Nancy says:

Yay, Bristol gone; should’ve been much sooner. Kirstie needs to go – love her but this is beyond her ability. Shawn, Melissa, Sabrina & Apollo are the 4 I’d like to see it come down to. And yes, 60 minutes is plenty of time.

32. gail says:

Yesssssssss

33. marygrace says:

Yes. Tired of the pouty whinning the 1st time she was on the show!

34. GS says:

I didn’t get to watch but why the heck was Apollo in jeopardy?? He should be in the finals no questions asked! Glad Bristol is gone. Nothing against her as a person but she was way out of her league with these people and should have gone before Joey, Helio, and Drew. At least she is gone.

• Alice says:

If you aren’t in the Bottom Two- then “In Jeopardy” just means “We aren’t going to announce that you are safe yet” and is no indication of where in the standings he was after combining votes/scores. They could put the top finishers of the night in the final 3, just to ramp up suspense.

• TheFactsR says:

I hardly think Apolo was top this week. I rather think Apolo narrowly escaped being in bottom 2, his scores were down there. 34.5 was like the bottom 3 score wise anyway.

35. Kel says:

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. Hope says:

I didn’t like the way they picked teams. They should have drawn numbers or something. Too reminiscent of high school. I do think Bristol should have exited this week and I did think she was gracious about it. She was a decent enough dancer. Val and Kelly are acting too strange and need to stop hanging all over each other. My picks would be Gilles, Shawn, and Melissa for the top spots and also agree that Emmit isn’t as good this time. I know Kirstie has a big fan base (love her)but she should be the next to go, strictly upon dancing ability. My guess is that Shawn and Derrick will win!

• TheFactsR says:

I also am leaning to Shawn being a two time champion and with Derek leaving after this season it would be a great send off.

Gilles is weird this season, I am about Gilles as everyone else was about Bristol.

I do think Joey should still be here, Kirstie should already be gone, and Chelsie/Helio should still be here also as well as Drew. Pam and Bristol are the rightful exits so far with Kirstie and Gilles to follow out the door.

I am really tired of the kissy kissy thing! They look like they are interviewing for the show “BIG LOVE” I am put off by the crap that Val, Maks, Peta, Kirstie, Gilles, Tom are about. The kissy kissy pretend you smoke after Kirstie’s kiss thing and the Maks kissy kissy of Gilles and Peta behind Kirstie’back and the Maks face in the Kirstie b(*^(* thing is just sick to watch. If I LIKED Soaps and I don’t…..I would turn on a Soap and watch it!

Too much stichk and not enough dancing and professionalism.

37. G says:

Simply put the right person went home. As far as dance ability and enjoyment of viewing the performance she probably should have gone at least one show ago.

38. TheFactsR says:

mary

MOVE ALONG and stop attacking people who have a right to post and say what they will.

Some people have higher standards than do others. I am thinking my standards must be way above yours as you seem to attack my standards and I KNOW my standards are high and I expect more out of life then a cheating lowlife with the standards of a slimy maggot!

• Mary says:

Obviously your standards are not that high to go on a message board about dancing and personally attack someone character. Maybe your should practice what you preach and keep your personal opinions to yourself. I believe this message board is to critique the dancing and the show, your remarks were neither.

• TheFactsR says:

Brush up on your sentence structure it needs help! HAHAHA oh please! I am not a cheating liar that is also a slimy maggot!

39. Kaibern says:

Kirstie was worse than Bristol — doing flips and stuff not becoming — Mark had a face on the whole time with Bristol like a spoiled brat and did not
    do his best – she wouldn’t have won but she would have been given a better
    chance if Mark would have acted more mature. These pros are getting too egotistical – she wasn’t all that bad – she was put in with more skilled “stars” and wasn’t given a fair shot — Shawn is annoying – gymnastics belong at the olympics – all these flips and sexy stuff between partners– dance — show us how it’s suppose to be done .
    Cherly is a sweetheart – she is kind and encouraging to everyone ( and the judges
    have always been hard on her with scores) —
    and Emmit may have aged a bit from last time but they are contenders – if she
    is eliminated – I’d have no interest in the rest of them — worse selection ever and
    some of the judges giving 10’s for what???? Now Bollywood was entertaining
    but ummm what was it they did so extraordinary to rate 10???? – Len and the
    rest of you — judge on the skill- be critical of wrong moves and postures etc —
    don’t be judging primarily by the showmanship and crowd approval.

40. Roy says:

Gilles and Peta did a bad Bollywood. They didn’t follow the Bollywood instructor one bit. They were so stiff in their hands. I saw some latin moves as well in it. The judges saw it as a freestyle and not Bollywood. They were just overscored. They want everyone to be on top of that leader-board. Shawn has a edge of being a gymnast so she can pull anything off which is totally unfair. At least someone has chemistry on the floor( talking about Val n Kelly).
    I think Melissa and Sabrina are drama free. The judges have been hard on them. Melissa did a great Jive and was underscored. Sabrina’s Paso was really good. With no lifts, I dunno what Carrie-Ann expected from their routine. I hope to see these girls in the finals but I think they don’t have a huge fan base like Kristie and Shawn.

Derek doesn’t seem interested in DWTS this season. His expression says “Lets get over with this”.

41. Roy says:

Can you please tell me the order in which the teams were chosen? DId Shawn have to choose first or Gilles and whom did they picks 1st,2nd n 3rd?

• TheFactsR says:

The online version doesn’t show the correct order. Apolo and Kirstie were the last two chosen with Bristol left standing and went home that night. The other were choosen first.

42. Porsche says:

Yes…now let the competition finally begin.

43. Abdullah says:

A Susan Boyle and Donny Osmond dance routine would have been better than that pathetic duet. Aside from appearing petrified, Boyle’s singing stunk up the place.

44. Kathy says:

I love Bristol! The kid grew up very differently from the majority of the folks making these rude and disgusting comments. She genuine and sweet and has been influenced by strong religious and moral parents. Something that simply intimidates all the hate mongrels. I say good for her!

45. Linda says:

Bristol should have NEVER been on the all-star show in the first place. Not only was she a bad dancer, but her whiny, self-pitying, “poor me” attitude was a total turn-off. I had really hoped some of the other tremendous dancers, like Stacey and Mel B would have returned to this show. But at least now, with Bristol gone (who is NOT a “star” by any stretch of your imagination, by the way) is gone, I no longer have to get nauseous watching the show. I just wish they had REALLY made it all stars and had only great dancers on this show. That would have been something.

• TheFactsR says:

Let it go the girl is gone already and besides Mel B is busy and couldn’t do the show and Stacy turned it down too! Bristol didn’t take either one of those places. Those two said NO to allstars. Update yourself!

46. VIRGINIA says:

by the way where is Dimitry Chaplin? Any reason why he is not seen regularly on the DWTS? Like Maks, Dimitry is also a good performer, good looking and charming personality. Dimitry not a member anymore? With Peta and Maks, If Maks thinks that Peta is the right girl for her let him be. Kirstie is fun to watch many are happy seeing Maks and Kirstie in their partnership – it adds glow to the show. . . good luck guys keep it on !