Bones Exclusive: Chuck Alum Vik Sahay Embroiled in Season 8 Burial Plot

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Vik Sahay BonesChuck grad Vik Sahay is spying a return to the small screen with a Six Feet Under-esque guest stint on Bones, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Sahay will play Akshay Mirza, the eco-hip head of a funeral home that provides holistic, coffin-free burials. When his business partner and former lover is murdered, he becomes a prime suspect in the case.

RELATED | Bones Exclusive: Booth and Brennan to Go Undercover as [Spoiler]!

Since wrapping Chuck one year ago, Sahay has shot the indie sex romp My Awkward Sexual Adventure and the horror flick Wer (both due in 2013). He also just snagged a series regular role in the Tim McAuliffe-penned CTV pilot Satisfaction.

Comments (11)

• YAY!

Comment by Rozi – October 16, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for Vik and I never thought to admit it but I miss Jeffster!

Comment by Dee – October 16, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not ashamed to admit that I actually squee’d out loud when I read that headline. *sigh* Please, let him bring Jeffster! with him. (Or maybe not – that might be too much awesome for me to handle at one go.)

Comment by Annie – October 16, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • feels like Yvonne, Vik, and Zac are really doing well after Chuck.

Comment by jimnan – October 16, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Chuck!! :(

Comment by Roni – October 16, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next to Yvonne, I thought Vik was the second best actor on the show.

Comment by dude029 – October 16, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every time Vik got something to actually do on the show Chuck, you could see how good he could be.

Comment by gogel – October 16, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Loved Vic on “Chuck” and miss seeing him on the tube. It’s my hope he’ll get his own show as he’s really funny and has some chops. I miss “Chuck” and all the actors on that show. They were a stellar cast. I’d love to see him join the “Big Bang Theory” cast. That could make for fun times.

Comment by Ali – October 16, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gosh, how I miss CHUCK. I’m obsessively following all of the cast’s career pursuits (until the CHUCK movie. Ahem.) and so far they’ve turned me to DEXTER (Yvonne), LEVERAGE (Adam), and now BONES. And though Zac’s comedy pilot didn’t get picked up, he’s gonna kick ass on the big screen with THOR 2. So excited for this talented cast.

Comment by Aiden – October 16, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vick seems to be doing mostly movies, American Reunion, My Awkward Sexual Adventure, Wer. Pretty successful! And I read that the pilot he’s doing “Satisfaction”, has Luke Macfarlane, from “Brothers and Sisters” in it. Coooool!

Comment by tarp – October 17, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man I miss Chuck and the gang!!! It is awesome to see Vik on BONES :-)

Comment by Eric – October 19, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post