Report: Beyoncé to Headline 2013 Super Bowl Halftime Show -- What's Your Dream Setlist?

If ya like it then you shoulda put a Super Bowl ring on it? Okay, so that lyrical tweak on one of Beyoncé’s most famous hits doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, but it seems appropriate, considering that the Grammy-winning songbird will headline the halftime show for Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans next February, according to an Associated Press report.

The choice of Beyoncé, which is expected to be officially announced on Wednesday, makes it back-to-back divas on football’s biggest night. Madonna was the main attraction at Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis earlier this year. The Black Eyed Peas took the gig in 2011.

Beyoncé sang the National Anthem prior to the big game in Houston in 2004.

Certainly, the Lady Knowles will have to sing “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” — failure to do so will result in complaints to the FCC, obvs– and “Run the World (Girls)” might provide a nice respite from the testosterone-fest of so much NFL action. If Kelly and Michelle can handle it (and I do think they can handle it), I’d also lobby for a mini Destiny’s Child reunion on “Bootylicious” and “Independent Women (Part 1),” which have been scientifically proven to be two of the greatest pop hits of the last 20 years.

But I’m wondering what you’d like to hear Beyoncé cover while Americans grab their backup trays of chili dip out of the oven. Offer picks for your dream set list below, and share your thoughts about the choice of Beyoncé as halftime entertainment in general. Will she help advertisers pay their automobills? Sound off in the comments!

1. Steph says:

Ehh…I’ll pass.

2. KK says:

OMG CANNOT contain my excitement about this news!! There is NO OTHER performer in the world like Beyonce and this is a guaranteed amazing show!!

I’d totally be down for DC reunion but I don’t know that I see that happening.

I’m 1000% pulling for Crazy in Love with a cameo by one Mr.Beyonce. Also cant wait for Superbowl version of Single Ladies. I’d also like Love on Top because I’m obsessed with that song as well as her VMA performance of it but I’m not sure how realistic that is?

• Lauri says:

I’m with you, I’m so excited! She has so many good songs so it’s hard to choose, but I would like her to start with Single Ladies then Crazy in Love and end with Run the World (Girls). I know the latter wasn’t a huge hit, but I still think it would be a great song to sing at the Super Bowl with an army of girls. That would be awesome!

3. Rachel says:

I will definitely be watching the show this year!

4. Amy says:

LOVING this news. PLEASE PLEASE let there be a destiny’s child reunion in the mix! A little Say My Name with some Bug A BOO?!?!! OMG would be amazing.

5. Car says:

I could easily see her opening with “Crazy in Love” (with or without Jay-Z), and then “Love on Top”, and then a Destiny’s Child Medley, and then “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)”, and then close it with either “Irreplaceable” or “Halo”.

6. G. says:

This could be great…as long as she chooses the right songs. I do think she is one of the greatest performers alive, but she kind of needs to tailor the set list to the stadium audience:

Baby Boy, Single Ladies (solo)
    Crazy in Love, Deja Vu, Bonnie & Clyde (with Hova)
    Survivor, Independent Women, Say My Name (DC reunion)
    Halo (Solo Outro)

I think she should stay away from a set that includes all of the female centric songs to be honest: Run the World, Bootylicious, Diva, etc. She should do more of her pop, mainstream standards and just slay them on stage.

Also, does anybody feel she is getting Tina Turner or Prince in a cameo for this show?

7. madbengalsfan85 says:

Oh look, another halftime show I won’t be watching

8. Martin says:

Will be good for her career seeing as her last album didn’t really sell as well as previous ones (IMO, and only my opinion, it wasn’t as good). Not that she of all people needs to worry about money though.

9. Charm says:

Yaayyy! Finally a true singer, performer who can entertain us! Can’t wait for the halftime show, she gives 100 percent in her live performances.

10. DDB says:

Three words: GET. ME. BODIED.

11. Edward says:

I’m thinking Beyonce might debut new single or perhaps bring in some much needed star power for support.Maybe bring in Stevie Wonder,Prince,Jay-Z,Kanye,of course a destiny’s child reunion is in the cards, but i’m hoping she brings in Gaga just for the hell of it.

12. Jason says:

Frankly, I’m sick of hearing about this tired act. What a pathetic choice. Just one more halftime show I won’t be watching. Lip-sync whatever you feel like, Wife of Fugliest Rapper I Know.

13. Zoe says:

-nods in approval- Nice choice. Beyonce is possibly the most stunning woman on the planet (and that’s coming from a straight woman, mind you) and I really liked her Sasha Fierce album. And I agree, “Run the World (Girls)” would kick a whole lot of ass to hear at a game where men repeatedly barrel into one another. (I should add, I love football.)

14. Karen says:

I’d love to hear her and Jay-Z do ‘Crazy In Love’, and I really love groovin’ out to ‘Love on Top’.

15. JC says:

I can’t wait she is by far the best overall entertainer in the world. She can dance, sing and act I love Beyonce :D

16. Jermey says:

Amazing news. She’s the best peformer out there.