Hannibal Exclusive: Gina Torres Is Jack's Wife!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Gina Torres HannibalAnother week, another killer piece of Hannibal casting.

Gina Torres is joining NBC’s contemporary Hannibal Lecter series as the wife of Laurence Fishburne’s G-Man Jack Crawford, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Like Hannibal‘s Caroline Dhavernas, Molly Shannon, Chelan Simons and Ellen Greene, Torres — who will juggle the recurring gig with her full-time job on USA Network’s Suits — previously worked with Hannibal exec producer Bryan Fuller: She played beautiful grifter Lila Robinson in Fuller’s Pushing Daisies. The actress also has a connection to onscreen spouse Fishburne — she’s married to him!

Hannibal, which is based on characters from Thomas Harris’ Red Dragon, centers on the budding relationship between FBI agent Will Graham (played by Hugh Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) – who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. It’s slated to bow at midseason.

Comments (27)

• Phew scared me for a minute that she was leaving suits or it wasn’t being renewed or something! I need more SUITS! Might check this out though :)

Comment by EveatEden – October 15, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. Got so worried thought she was leaving suits. Btw EveatEden suits has been renewed already.

Comment by tht19 – October 15, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks! I found that post a little while later lol.

Comment by EveatEden – October 15, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing! I was about to get really angry with the USA network! They’re already on my bad side for not renewing Common Law!

Comment by Natalie – October 16, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t she his real-life wife? Surprised not to see that mentioned above.

Comment by Montie – October 15, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – October 15, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking the same thing.

Comment by Stephanie – October 15, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, she’s married to Laurence Fishburne :-)

Comment by Amanda – October 15, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, completely misread this entire post. Sorry!

Comment by Amanda – October 15, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Err… it says that?

Comment by Ashley – October 15, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It does now. It didn’t when the story was originally posted.

Comment by Montie – October 15, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Torres and Fishburne are married in real life. Is that killer casting or just obvious? Ok, it’s Gina Torres. It’s killer.

Comment by c – October 15, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anytime Gina Torres is cast, it’s killer casting. She’s absolutely amazing.

Comment by Grayson – October 15, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy she is still doing Suits!!!!

Comment by tvfan – October 15, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She will always and forever be Anna Espinoza…love Love LOVE Gina Torres

Comment by Brian Brewer (@BrianABrewer) – October 15, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe, but she’ll always be Zoe Washburne to Firefly fans

Comment by Curtis – October 15, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’ll always be Anna to me too! She was perfection. I still miss Alias.

Comment by Mikael – October 16, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Hannibal to premiere..and also looking forward to Mockingbird Lane.

Comment by Jared – October 15, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I’ll def check out Hannibal! Love Gina!

Comment by Lorie – October 15, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving all the casting! But what I would love, even more, IS A TRAILER. Anything would do!

Comment by Brian – October 15, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this sealed the deal for me. now i officially can’t wait for this show.

Comment by murley – October 15, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! They make a beautiful and elegant couple. I will def have to check out the show now. But I hope this really doesn’t interfere with Suits because she is magnificent in her role.

Comment by Ana – October 15, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did I not know they were married????? *shame-on-me*

Comment by mia – October 15, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Long as she’s staying on Suits, sounds good!

Comment by Kristina – October 15, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, I officially need to see this show now…

Comment by Sadie – October 16, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the late 1990′s she did a tiny little action packed series called ‘Cleopatria’ shown on channel on 11 in N.Y.C. The series was shown after ‘Xena’. Ever since then I’ve been a fan. I think that was her first series.

Comment by David – November 2, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAURENCE IS A GREAT ACTOR …I LOVE HIM AS AN ACTOR…I JUST DISLIKE HIM AS A FAMILY MEMBER WHO FORGOT WHERE HE CAME FROM…HE IS NOT A FAN…HE IS FAM …AND I WISH HIM THE BEST.WE ALL ARE ON ASSIGNMENT AND HE IS BLESSED WITH THE ACTING BUSINESS..WE CAN’T ACT IN FRONT OF GOD..TO GOD BE THE GLORY AT THE END OF ALL OUR STORIES IN LIFE..

Comment by Regina Fishburne (@ReginaFishburne) – April 17, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post