HBO Sets Girls, Enlightened Premiere Dates

Girls and Enlightened will return for their second seasons on Sunday, January 13, HBO announced Monday.

Both dramedies are returning for 10-episode sophomore outings.

RELATED | TVLine Items: Smash Adds Hairspray Star, Girls Season 2 Teaser, ‘Diddy’ Gets Sunny and More!

Lena Dunham‘s Girls will take the 9/8c time slot, while the Laura Dern-starring Enlightened moves from its original Monday-evening position to 9:30 pm Sundays.

Girls‘ Season 2 has nabbed several big-name guest stars, including Patrick Wilson (A Gifted Man), Colin Quinn (Saturday Night Live) and Rita Wilson (The Good Wife). Meanwhile, Enlightened recently recruited Dermot Mulroney – who appeared on New Girl last season – to play Dern’s love interest in the upcoming episodes.

Comments (10)

• Can’t wait for Girls !
    ts beginnings were a little … weird, but I really learn to love that show !

Comment by Ben – October 15, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Girls didn’t air at 9 for it’s first season, did it? I thought it was after Game of Thrones.

Anyway, love the show!

Comment by D'Arcy – October 15, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care and, yep, don’t care again. Also, someone should slap the person that coined the word dramedy.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 15, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For someone who doesn’t care, you sure put a lot of energy into reading the articles and commenting on them.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 16, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on when Veep will return?

Comment by Ashlyn – October 15, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Diablo Dunham’s 15 minutes up yet?

Comment by Jo – October 16, 2012 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares! When does Newsroom come back??

Comment by Ken – October 16, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s good news, I like that Girls is coming back much sooner than I thought it would. It was paired with Veep for its 1st season, right? I kind of liked those two shows airing together. I don’t watch Enlightened. I freaking can’t wait to see Donald Glover on Girls.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 16, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My family is forcing me for marriage but I think that unless I don’t know the scientific and spiritual process of choosing life partner I will not get married . I don’t know the way to choose so will you please help me to choose life partner such that I could be satisfied in whole marriage life.

Comment by Kabita Humagain – January 25, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know the way to read message sent by you . If you send message in my facebook where I have posted the photo of Devi Durga I can read message .

Comment by Kabita Humagain – January 25, 2013 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post