Did Revenge and Good Wife Ping Your Gaydar? Is Parenthood Keeping Too Quiet? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Homeland, Gossip Girl, Parenthood and The Vampire Diaries.

1 | Can we get a politically savvy, well-spoken primetime actress to hold her own on Bill Maher? Oh, wait – it’s been handled.

2 | Maybe 2036 hindsight is 20/20, but did none of the Fringe team foresee the problem of aiming a laser that close to the camcorder? Since the tape played pretty much fine, seemed like an excuse to evoke Lost‘s jittery orientation film.

3 | To what address can we send Daniel Craig sympathy cards for him getting saddled with that Saturday Night Live material? And cool as it was to see the real Big Bird show up on Weekend Update, couldn’t the show’s writers have whipped up sGood Wife Maura Tierney Julianna Marguliesome punch lines that were a little sharper than those tired tweet/Twitter zingers?

RELATED | Exclusive: Good Wife Retains Hamish Linklater

4 | Did you make the same incorrect inference that Good Wife Alicia did, that Maddie Hayward was coming on to her? Speaking of…

5 | Did you initially think that rich kid Trey was hitting on Revenge‘s Declan? (Are you still kinda convinced that he was?) And did it seem like Emily spent most of Week 2 driving around in her car?

RELATED | Revenge Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Victoria’s ‘Monster’-Making Mom!

6 | If Homeland‘s Brody had another couple of seconds, should he have added a :-O emoticon to his mayday text?

7 | Did Bob’s Burgers‘ Halloween episode sway you to hand out full-sized candy bars at Halloween, thus securing your status as the coolest adult on your block?

Gossip Girl 8 | Is unmasking Gossip Girl really as big a media coup as the show makes it out to be? Does anyone outside of Blair, Serena, Nate and their fellow cronies even care who she is? Also, to Nate: Should you really keep your top-secret story plastered on the wall where anyone can see it?

9 | Did the non-surprise of Maggie’s death on Revolution make you wish the news that the actress was being downgraded from series regular hadn’t come out all the way back in May? And if the power went out, why were those dogs acting like they’d been watching Cujo every day for years?

RELATED | Revolution Boss Talks Maggie’s Death, Blackout Answers and Neville’s ‘Lady MacBeth’

10 | If The Voice avoided its endless “Here’s who the judges picked for their teams” recaps, don’t you think they could’ve found time to show more than 10 seconds of the Battle Rounds won by Rudy Parris and Celica Westbrook? And is the significant screentime deficit for those two singers a not-so-subtle signal that they won’t survive the Knockout Round?

11 | Did you catch The New Normal‘s nod to fellow NBC sitcom Animal Practice (regarding the only acting, already committed monkey in Hollywood)?

12 | Did you find it refreshing that Mindy Project curmudgeon Danny had crazy dance floor skills — and wasn’t afraid to show them off?

Parenthood Peter Krause Monica Potter13 | While beautifully acted and scored, are Parenthood‘s silent scenes starting to feel like a cheat? On the flip side, can we just hand Monica Potter and Peter Krause some Emmys?

14 | We love us some Susanna Thompson, but could Arrow‘s momma have given off any more of an “I’m Operating On My Own Secret (and Probably Nefarious) Agenda” vibe? And did Oliver go to Takeda’s Revenge School, too? The list, the duplicity, the action, the outsmarting… He’s a male Emily Thorne!

PHOTOS | Supernatural: Sam Goes on a Date, Dean’s ‘Dad’ Plays Detective and More!

15 | Did you recognize Kevin Tran’s mom on Supernatural as Ross’ ex Julie on Friends? (Yes, it really has been that long since Friends. Also, we’re old.)

16 | Can Modern Family please spin off The Cam & Pam Show? And what was your favorite Phil’s-Osophy gem? (We really liked, “When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like, ‘What?!’”)

17 | Should The X Factor consider renaming the Judges’ Houses stage of the competition, calling it the “Let’s Take a Dance Track and Rework It Into a Plaintive Piano Ballad” round? Also, did Simon Cowell really think he wouldn’t create widespread outrage by never showing us what happened to audition-round standout Panda Ross?

Vampire Diaries Season 4RELATED | Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Explosive Premiere Cliffhanger, Klaus’ New Role and More!

18 | Wasn’t it quite visually clever and emotionally resonant the way Elena remembered her compelled-away memories on The Vampire Diaries?

19 | We know he’s brilliant dramatically, but after this week’s 30 Rock, we must ask: Should Bryan Cranston move back to comedy after Breaking Bad?

20 | Can Vice Presidential Debate moderator extraordinaire Martha Raddatz please helm the final two presidential debates? We enjoyed how she, like, asked follow-ups and, you know, questioned things.

Comments (49)

• I SO agree with what you wrote about Gossip Girl. Don’t care who gg is. And yeah, Nate has never been the bright one.

Comment by Mélanie – October 12, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Gossip Girl should just be a random blogger. It would feel like such a cop-out if it turned out to be “one of the gang” neither would it make any sense.

Comment by shannon – October 12, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Dorota. We all know it.

Comment by dude – October 12, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to finally see some attention paid to “Parenthood”. They been mentioned more in the last few weeks than they have in the last four years. The last scene worked perfectly without the audio. It spoke volumes. Here’s hoping we get a full season that runs until May. I also loved the baseball scene with the entire cast. It’s every parent’s wish come true.

Comment by Melinda – October 12, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. but it spoke volumes the FIRST time they did it, when she told Adam. The second time was just a cheat.

Comment by meem – October 12, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s face it … Jason Katims writes some beautiful dialogue for married couples we love. Exhibit A: Coach and Mrs. Coach (Chandler and Britton)? He’s done it again with Adam and Kristina. (Krause and Potter)

Comment by Dolphin – October 12, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Dean/Cas hug in Purgatory definitely pinged the gaydar. It sent Dean/Cas fans into a twitter/tumblr squeegasm that hasn’t stopped yet. Great moment for Cas fans. Loved Supernatural this week. Hope we keep getting lots of Cas in this new Season G8t!

Comment by Dilys – October 12, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that was one of the stronger episodes of Supernatural in quite some time. I thought the dialogue was fantastic, and Kevin’s mom was a great character.

Comment by Jake – October 12, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also kind of got a gay vibe with Declan and Trey on Revenge, I doubt anything will come of it due to Charlotte(nor do I want it to), but I was worried I was the only one that thought that.

Comment by Mike – October 12, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, definetly thought that too. But that’s gotta be unintentional, right? I can’t see Connor Paolo wanting to jump into another gay storyline, after doing that for years on Gossip Girl. He’s a great actor and it’s cool to see him doing something different.

Comment by Paul Penna – October 12, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wrong. He is a terrible actor.

Comment by tripoli – October 12, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I would have said “awfull”. But that works too.

Comment by Ben – October 15, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #14 Been thinking that Arrow could change networks, day, and time and be a GREAT companion for Revenge. That would sit me just fine. ;)

Comment by Tj – October 12, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Arrow is the first hit The CW has had since TVD. They will kill some folks before they let anyone take it away.

Comment by dude – October 12, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s funny how people are saying “Arrow is the first hit for CW since Vampire Diaries” when Nikita premiered higher than Arrow

Comment by Ram510 – October 12, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! What an amazing idea!!! And, yes, I’d love to find out that Arrows Island is whres Takeda started his training on revenge! LoL

Comment by Pearl – October 12, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • +1 for Peter Krause und Monica Potter getting an Emmy nomination. They’re terrific in each and every scene on Parenthood.

Comment by rainer – October 12, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well honestly, so is everyone on that show. They’re just getting the heavier scenes this year. I think Lauren Graham’s done some fantastic work on the show in the past as well. Especially with the stuff with Amber and Drew’s dad. And then there’s the underusage of Bonnie.

Comment by Mitholas – October 12, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, Lauren Graham did good work with the Amber und Drew’s dad situations but otherwise her performance fell short of the others. To be fair, her storylines were subpar in comparison (the whole Mark thing is just stupid) but she also doesn’t have the screen presence she used to have on the Gilmore Girls. In contrast, Monica Potter dominates her scenes like no other. I haven’t seen her on-screen (consciously) before so I’m still very impressed at her steller performances. And Peter Krause…well, I just love him, he’s great. :)

Comment by rainer – October 13, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish that Raddatz would moderate the last two debates as well.

My favorite phil-osophy was, “You only get one chance to make a first impression…so I suggest Julia Child. It’s so easy! Hold the giblets!”

Lastly, go Kerry Washington!!

Comment by Leah – October 12, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yup. Parenthood’s no-dialogue “I have something terrible to tell you”-scenes have been bugging the heck out of me. They keep doing it and the first time they did it wasn’t – in my opinion – that well done. This week’s scene was – again, in my opinion – better, but it lost all its strength because it was the second time and because it wasn’t really shocking anymore. I think it’s a really powerful technique when done right (Buffy’s “The Body” anyone? Oh my god, that episode so much), but do it wrong and it loses all the punch it could have had.

What I also kind of feel annoyed by is that there isn’t really a reason we can’t hear it. On “The Body”, the camera is placed outside of the classroom we are looking into through windows. Grey’s Anatomy has used the technique as well, also looking into another room through a window. Just makes more sense, especially because at that moment, you’re looking at it from the perspective of another character who is looking in.

Ah well, pet peeves. Parenthood is still an amazing show and I will continue to wait impatiently for the next episode as I have for the last few years.

Comment by Mitholas – October 12, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree agree agree!! On all fronts. (The Body – one of the most memorable episodes in all of tv, btw.)

Comment by Melanie – October 12, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #5 – Yes….and yes. And concerning #9, what a let down that was to know while watching the pilot that she was headed for the door.

Comment by Irishgirl – October 12, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the painting in the apartment on Partners? It was in Will’s apt on Will & Grace! Nice nod form KoMut…

Comment by MikeT – October 12, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When they played celebrity it reminded me when w&g played pyramid

Comment by Joe – October 12, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #15 – D’oh! thanks for that .. Sorry for the actress but I have to believe that *I* am aging better than that :-/

Comment by Carrie – October 12, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just discovered Parenthood. Watched for the first time this week and spent way too much time on itunes and hulu catching up on past episodes. I LOVE THIS SHOW! Why didn’t someone let me know how much I would love it??

And…….yes! Where the hell is Panda???!

Comment by Blinged Up – October 12, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I appreciate Parenthood’s understated approach to the cancer storyline. Too many shows milk it for ratings & it cheapens the impact. As someone close to a cancer survivor this is more true to real life.

Comment by wmcc520 – October 12, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kerry was fantastic last week on Real Time and really held her own against Mark Foley and the conservative CNN fellow! I am looking forward to Ben Affleck on tonight’s episode. Bill may be slimy and gross, but he is so darn smart. Love him!

Comment by bethany – October 12, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kerry Washington is sublime! I’m also a fan of ‘it’s handled’ being used as the quintessential phrase of her badassness!

Comment by T – October 12, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. She was fantastic at the Democratic National Convention too !
    15. Holy Crap on a Cracker ! I did not catch that ,we are getting old…
    20. YES ! Please let Martha Raddatz be the moderator of the final 2 debates.
    I did like that she ask appropriate follow up questions and kept both candidtates in line with the debate format. Unlike the mess last week.

Comment by Whatever – October 12, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I totally though Trey was hitting on Declan, my dad thought it was like going to be a whole Tyler/Daniel thing again, but it didn’t even seem weird to me at first because my head was apparently stuck in “Gossip Girl” land where Connor Paolo wasn’t straight. But it was also a weird episode in that Charlotte came off as way more likeable than Declan. Loved Danny’s dancing on “The Mindy Project” was awesome. Nate is not smart enough to know not to post the story on the wall, and Sage should have noticed it. That TVD sequence was awesome. And where was Cece on this weeks “New Girl”?

Comment by Drewer – October 12, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was no way Big Bird was going to “zing” anyone and he certainly wasn’t going to get political. It was a sweet little visit.

Comment by Christine S. – October 12, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to know who Gossip Girl is

Comment by Christiana – October 12, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think that guy was hitting on Declan in Revenge. I just assumed that guy was/is about to set him up. I got a more “evil deeds” vibe.

Comment by Daisy – October 12, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally loved Danny in The Mindy Project, but I especially loved the line that someone said about him “looking hot like a youth pastor”. I’m still giggling about that one.

Comment by Lora – October 12, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another question for Supernatural… did anyone else scream out when Sam dropped the Mjolnir, leaving it behind and go “WHAT ARE YOU DOING TAKE IT WITH YOU IT COULD BE REALLY FICKEN USEFUL!!!!”

Comment by DreamRose311 – October 12, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I did! He already flippin killed the guy, take the stupid hammer! And I knew I knew Kevin’s mom from somewhere. It highly disappoints me that I did not catch that sooner….Friends is still my favorite show. I should rewatch the series now. I just realized how much I miss it :(

Comment by songbyrd86 – October 12, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too!!! I’ve seen it so many times, and yet it still never seems to be enough. It will always ALWAYS be at least in my top 5, if not top 3 series of all time. Hard to sort the top of the pack.

I’m SOOOO Glad that Matthew Perry seems to have found a show that will have at least a little bit of staying power.

Comment by DreamRose311 – October 12, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was 30 Rock even on this week? Or are you talking about the premiere from last week? I’m confused.

Comment by YowzaPowza – October 12, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, the VD scene was really shocking/stunning. It was the best scene of the night.

But then you just have to wonder… if the best scene of the night was 90% recycled scenes from 2 years ago with 10% new reaction scenes, what does that say about the premier? I was severely disappointed.

Comment by Jon – October 12, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Missed that, but I do love it when people come prepared to argue their positions on that show, yes. I’ll have to look at that online, it seems.
    3. Yeah, “SNL” was kinda meh last week for the most part. But I was mainly interested in seeing Muse, so I wasn’t really concerned with the rest.
    20. I would be more than okay with that, yes. Last night’s VP debate was pretty good-here’s hoping when Romney and Obama debate again it’ll have that same kind of spark and be just as interesting.

Comment by Angela – October 12, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree! Give Monica Potter the EMMY already!! She truly deserves it.

Comment by RIchy – October 12, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4. I did not get the vibe.
    13.a) I don’t feel like it is a cheat. b) Yes please.

Comment by Kim R – October 12, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or doe Marc Warren from The Good Wife look like a slightly ragged British Joel McHale?

Comment by Leah – October 12, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #6. hahaha.
    #7. I actually do this. I get maybe 5 trick-or-treaters a year up on my 2nd floor condo. Most kids don’t feel like hiking up the stairs, so I feel they deserve a reward for their effort if they do
    #15. You’ve just made me sad. I still freak out that the young, naive nurse from The English Patient, Julia Ormond, is old enough to be playing Megan’s mom on Mad Men.
    #19. Cranston just does everything to perfection.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 12, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Re: Martha Raddatz
    I really don’t care what the moderators think. Their interpretation of what is an “important” follow-up question will inevitably be biased. Set topics and let the candidates have at it. If they can’t say what needs to be said on their own, then too bad for them. Jim Leher is one of the most qualified journalist moderators there is and I’m sick of people taking shots at him just because The President faltered.

Comment by Amy – October 14, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post