Pilot Scoop: Awake's Laura Allen Marries Into NBC's Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Laura Allen The Secret Lives of Husbands and WivesAwake actress Laura Allen is staying hitched to NBC as one of the stars of The Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives, TVLine has learned.

The soapy drama pilot focuses on three suburban couples affected by a murder. Allen will play Alison Dunn, the grounded and levelheaded wife of Kyle (Off the Map‘s Martin Henderson) who is hiding a deep, dark secret.

The cast also includes Law & Order‘s Jesse L. Martin, Entourage‘s Perrey Reeves, Men in Trees‘ James Tupper and Soul Food‘s Nicole Ari Parker.

Allen’s other TV credits include FX’s late, great Terriers and the USA Network drama The 4400.

Comments (19)

• I miss Terriers.

Comment by jake – October 12, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Awake but I’m glad for Laura Allen.

Comment by Chris – October 12, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Awake & The 4400. I wonder when this show starts.

Comment by Christie – October 12, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked her in Awake, but Terriers was fantastic.

Comment by Xsikal – October 12, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was gonna try this show but not that she has been added you can count me out. I think she is a horrible actress.

Comment by Raechel Bosquez – October 12, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I absolutely hated her on AMC. I can’t believe she is still working.

Comment by Shar – October 12, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Call it cancelled. I’m not saying it’s because of her, but everything she’s in s prematurely cancelled.

Comment by darcywilson – October 12, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds a lot like Desperate Housewives…don’t know how to feel about that

Comment by Ram510 – October 12, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rip off. Nothing will ever be like Desperate Housewives <3 It's not Marc Cherry. Nor it's labeled as a "comedy". Also, it's based on a book by a really arrogant woman who happens to be on a multi-author blog I follow. Last, but not least, it's NBC, so, we can't trust it'll be around for long.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – October 13, 2012 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody remember her from Nickelodeon’s teen soap “Fifteen”?

Comment by It's Ashley!!!! – October 12, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do. And yes,xshe is a pretty poor actress.

Comment by Christie – October 13, 2012 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her! Miss Awake.

Comment by Dean – October 13, 2012 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching just for Martin Henderson

Comment by Dagmara – October 14, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the Laura haters are Greenlee fans.

Comment by Jo – October 14, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Laura is gorgeous and I would watch her read the phonebook. You haters are just weirdo All My Children fans who can distinguish television characters from real life. Laura is fabulous!

Comment by KimK – October 17, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think the people who think Laura is a poor actress are AMC or Greenlee fans. She just can’t act. Simple fact.

Comment by Christie – October 18, 2012 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are absolutely right KimK! Laura is a fantastic actress, and an amazing woman in real life. I have the pleasure of knowing her personally.

Comment by Catherine – October 20, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boy, Terriers was brilliant.

Comment by Steverman – October 23, 2012 03:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laura is a wonderful actress with unlimited talent and range.

Comment by Cocojohn – October 24, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post