TVLine Items: Katie Cassidy Gossips Again, Hal Holbrook to Play Monday Mornings Doc and More!

Gossip Girl Katie CassidyIs trouble headed Serena van der Woodsen’s way?

Arrow star Katie Cassidy will reprise her role as Juliet Sharp in the Gossip Girl series finale, EW.com reports.

VIDEO | Gossip Girl Revealed!

Cassidy, who was spotted on the show’s New York set yesterday, last appeared in Season 4 when her character tried to destroy Serena after being mistakenly led to believe that the blonde had her brother imprisoned following their affair. (It was actually Lily who forged Serena’s signature on the affidavit.)

Could Juliet be the infamous Gossip Girl? Sound off in the comments!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Hal Holbrook is checking into David E. Kelley’s new TNT medical drama Monday Mornings, TVLine has learned exclusively. The veteran actor will play the potentially recurring role of Arvin Wayne, a prestigious neurosurgeon who is a mentor to Alfred Molina’s Dr. Hooten. The series, which also stars Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber and Jennifer Finnegan, premieres on Feb. 4.

Parks and Recreation and House of Lies scene stealer Ben Schwartz will appear on Netflix’s upcoming Arrested Development revival, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Chris Diamantopoulos Lines Up Arrested Arc

TNT has canceled the reality competition series The Great Escape after just one season, per TV Guide Magazine.

Michael Bolton will star in the potential ABC comedy series Michael Bolton’s Daughter Is Destroying My Life, per The Hollywood Reporter. Tami Sagher (How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock) will pen the script, loosely based on Go On actress Allison Miller’s experiences with celebs when she first moved to Los Angeles.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Sarah says:

No—Gossip Girl is Kristen Bell. End of story.

2. C says:

Awesome news about Katie Cassidy. Juliet Sharp is one of GG’s best villains. I REALLY want her and Georgina to share scenes.

3. Christian says:

I liked the character and her storyline but it would be kind of a disappointment if she were revealed to be Gossip Girl. I want it to be a character who was there from the very beginning.

4. Ricky says:

IDK why… but i think GG would be Serena’s Mom :S

5. Prue says:

So glad she’s coming back!!

6. Lois says:

I loved Katie’s character so I’m glad she’s coming back! One of GG’s most well-thought out storyline’s since season 1. Now, bring me Jenny and I’ll be very very happy. We can forget Vanessa ever existed please.

7. yall says:

Hate that she’s coming back. She can barely act and I find her annoying. Whatever.

8. Brandy says:

Great that she’s coming back,love the character and Katie as a actress.

9. Will says:

FINALLY, something to look forward to!
    I’ve been waiting for Juliet’s return since her S4 arc ended. She should’ve been made a regular instead of Ivy. My fingers are crossed for Juliet to cross paths with Georgina!

10. gary says:

Im guessing Nate’s End game

11. Hojana says:

Stay away Katie Cassidy, total hacks write and produce Gossip Girl, this guest spot won’t help your career at all.

12. Thari says:

You guys, I love Juliet Sharpe as much as you do, but how can you not freak out over the fact that Ben Schwartz, the one and only Jean Ralphio, is going to be on Arrested Development!?! Am I crazy for being this excited??

• CJ says:

Thank you! I am SO EXCITED to have Ben Schwartz on Arrested Development. Also no, you are not crazy for being this excited, it’s just a side effect of Arrested Development addiction. Nothing to worry about.

13. Mikael says:

I’m betting that GG is someone already on the show, so it would be some huge shocker, like the Georgina fake-out last season. But I think it would be really cool to have Kristen Bell actually be GG and they could have a montage where they add her into the background over the course of the show and they never knew she was there.

14. gossip girl asian says:

i hope juliet VS Georgina, Blair & Serena!
    in the final scene!
    xoxo

15. gossip girl asian says:

she is not gossip girl !!! exactly she isn’t! because last season 4 episode 11 where blair and dan want to track juliet, they’ve asked GG!
    and GG reply where here address and said”find the bitch!”
    because juliet was using the real GG for the advantage scheming SVDW in the halloween party! xx