TVLine Items: Katie Cassidy Gossips Again, Hal Holbrook to Play Monday Mornings Doc and More!

Gossip Girl Katie CassidyIs trouble headed Serena van der Woodsen’s way?

Arrow star Katie Cassidy will reprise her role as Juliet Sharp in the Gossip Girl series finale, EW.com reports.

VIDEO | Gossip Girl Revealed!

Cassidy, who was spotted on the show’s New York set yesterday, last appeared in Season 4 when her character tried to destroy Serena after being mistakenly led to believe that the blonde had her brother imprisoned following their affair. (It was actually Lily who forged Serena’s signature on the affidavit.)

Could Juliet be the infamous Gossip Girl? Sound off in the comments!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Hal Holbrook is checking into David E. Kelley’s new TNT medical drama Monday Mornings, TVLine has learned exclusively. The veteran actor will play the potentially recurring role of Arvin Wayne, a prestigious neurosurgeon who is a mentor to Alfred Molina’s Dr. Hooten. The series, which also stars Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber and Jennifer Finnegan, premieres on Feb. 4.

Parks and Recreation and House of Lies scene stealer Ben Schwartz will appear on Netflix’s upcoming Arrested Development revival, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Chris Diamantopoulos Lines Up Arrested Arc

TNT has canceled the reality competition series The Great Escape after just one season, per TV Guide Magazine.

Michael Bolton will star in the potential ABC comedy series Michael Bolton’s Daughter Is Destroying My Life, per The Hollywood Reporter. Tami Sagher (How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock) will pen the script, loosely based on Go On actress Allison Miller’s experiences with celebs when she first moved to Los Angeles.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (32)

• No—Gossip Girl is Kristen Bell. End of story.

Comment by Sarah – October 12, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Besides, she could have done a lot more damage to Serena as Gossip Girl…

Comment by Sarah – October 12, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s exactly what i think. Just show me Kristen Bell in the last 1O seconds of the show, spying the guys and I’ll be happy…

Comment by Omar – October 12, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • + 1!

Comment by JKR – October 12, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m actually betting that she is the most new addition to the Blondes Warriors (Lola and Ivy), I mean… That is some girl that would love to throw Lily under the bus, so… I guess we might have three blondes on a quest for blood!

Comment by Pearl – October 12, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh no, I wouldn’t want that! Juliet’s way too good for Ivy and Lola lol. If anything I want her to team up with Georgina since they would be a dominating force. Plus Katie and Michelle are friends in real life so it would be nice to see them interact onscreen.

Comment by Will – October 12, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gotta be Kristen Bell!

Comment by Abi – October 13, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news about Katie Cassidy. Juliet Sharp is one of GG’s best villains. I REALLY want her and Georgina to share scenes.

Comment by C – October 12, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the character and her storyline but it would be kind of a disappointment if she were revealed to be Gossip Girl. I want it to be a character who was there from the very beginning.

Comment by Christian – October 12, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IDK why… but i think GG would be Serena’s Mom :S

Comment by Ricky – October 12, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My money’s on Dorota, personally. Or Penelope.

Comment by Summer – October 12, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Penelope but i dont think she’s GG… Dorota? Well that would be interesting but really weird!

Comment by Ricky – October 12, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Vanya, it’s Vanya!

Comment by Hannah – October 13, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad she’s coming back!!

Comment by Prue – October 12, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Katie’s character so I’m glad she’s coming back! One of GG’s most well-thought out storyline’s since season 1. Now, bring me Jenny and I’ll be very very happy. We can forget Vanessa ever existed please.

Comment by Lois – October 12, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate that she’s coming back. She can barely act and I find her annoying. Whatever.

Comment by yall – October 12, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great that she’s coming back,love the character and Katie as a actress.

Comment by Brandy – October 12, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY, something to look forward to!
    I’ve been waiting for Juliet’s return since her S4 arc ended. She should’ve been made a regular instead of Ivy. My fingers are crossed for Juliet to cross paths with Georgina!

Comment by Will – October 12, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im guessing Nate’s End game

Comment by gary – October 12, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stay away Katie Cassidy, total hacks write and produce Gossip Girl, this guest spot won’t help your career at all.

Comment by Hojana – October 12, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She barely has a career.

Comment by lol – October 12, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And how many tv shows are you currently appearing on?

Comment by Tom – October 12, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t act like she is some world-wide famous a-lister.

Comment by Mim – October 14, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys, I love Juliet Sharpe as much as you do, but how can you not freak out over the fact that Ben Schwartz, the one and only Jean Ralphio, is going to be on Arrested Development!?! Am I crazy for being this excited??

Comment by Thari – October 13, 2012 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I am SO EXCITED to have Ben Schwartz on Arrested Development. Also no, you are not crazy for being this excited, it’s just a side effect of Arrested Development addiction. Nothing to worry about.

Comment by CJ – October 13, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m betting that GG is someone already on the show, so it would be some huge shocker, like the Georgina fake-out last season. But I think it would be really cool to have Kristen Bell actually be GG and they could have a montage where they add her into the background over the course of the show and they never knew she was there.

Comment by Mikael – October 15, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope juliet VS Georgina, Blair & Serena!
    in the final scene!
    xoxo

Comment by gossip girl asian – October 16, 2012 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she is not gossip girl !!! exactly she isn’t! because last season 4 episode 11 where blair and dan want to track juliet, they’ve asked GG!
    and GG reply where here address and said”find the bitch!”
    because juliet was using the real GG for the advantage scheming SVDW in the halloween party! xx

Comment by gossip girl asian – October 18, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post