Exclusive: Good Wife Retains Hamish Linklater

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Hamish Linklater The Good WifeHamish Linklater (New Adventures of Old Christine, The Big C) has landed a potentially recurring role on The Good Wife, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actor will play David, an employee of the Department of Justice who has a twinkle in his eye and a deep appreciation for good Greek food. He’s slated to first appear on the CBS drama this November.

RELATED | Should The Good Wife Spin Off Kalinda and Her Hubby?

As TVLine reported last month, Linklater is set to guest star as a wealthy man whose son goes missing in Law & Order: SVU‘s upcoming 300th episode.

Comments (19)

• I saw him back in March on Broadway. He was in Seminar with Alan Rickman. Met him afterwards, too. Very shy, but extremely talented.

Comment by Sarah Ramsey – October 10, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More Cary please! More Cary please!

Comment by neta – October 18, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was my least favorite part of New Adventures of Old Christine. After all the positive casting that the Good Wife has had lately, this is a misstep.

Comment by Mark – October 10, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I looooooooove Hamish. Yesssss.

Comment by KS – October 10, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This actor may be great, but The Good Wife needs to concentrate on its main characters, Alicia, Will, Cary, and give them a story line, as opposed to adding all these big named guests. I don’t find the Kalinda story line all that appealing, and I did read 50 Shades of Grey. I would like to see “The Good Wife” have a good story line. I think the show is relying too much on big name guest stars as opposed to their main cast members and using lesser named guests. This used to be can’t miss tv, now its been delegated to DVR and maybe watch it, maybe don’t. Revenge is much better at the moment!

Comment by MGL – October 10, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could agree with you MGL, I too enjoy that threesome. However they’d run out of storyline in a couple weeks if they followed your suggestion. Loved Hamish on NAOOC…….it will be interesting to see him in a dramatic role…..looking forward to it!

Comment by jackie2830 – October 11, 2012 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s really hard to run ouf of storylines with a character like Cary seeing that most of the time he dosen’t have a storyline.

Comment by Pat – October 12, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hmm…..I look @ it this way…..3 people involvement = limited ….. 6 people involvement – much less limited……common sense. Plus, it’s like episode #2….patience….just sayin.

Comment by jackie2830 – October 12, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’ll be really patient. I’ll wait episode 4.

Comment by Lucy – October 12, 2012 11:44 AM PDT
          • 2 funny!

Comment by jackie2830 – October 12, 2012 12:39 PM PDT
          • We’ve patiently waited for years. They sent Cary to the SA and for 2 years they’ve used the “He’s not at L&G and we can’t do more than this” excuse to justify his lack of storylines and screentime. Now that they have him at L&G and can EASILY find a way to “meaningfully” involve him in the current storylines and cases at least, they keep doing nothing with him. Right now Matt Czuchry is almost invisible and is getting absolutely no exposure from this show. His character was always doomed to be left aside to make room for other actors, other storylines and everything else writers thought it was more eminent or just juicier than him. But this year is worse. Because in the first 3 episodes of the season, which should give viewers hints about future storylines, he had absolutely nothing to do and had to make room for Nick. That’s more than upsetting and doen’t make me hopeful about the future. But yes, we’ll be patient.

Comment by Lucy – October 13, 2012 02:17 AM PDT
          • Actually Lucy, there’s only been 2 episodes…..but who’s counting. I do hear what your saying. And I ♥♥♥ Cary too……he smiles, and I melt. However, this is one of the top dramas [award winning] on TV……..so even though many are frustrated………I think they know what they’re doing.

Comment by jackie2830 – October 13, 2012 03:18 AM PDT
          • I’m totally spoiled about episode 3 and according to advanced reviews there’s nothing new about Cary in this one too. I also read summaries for episode 4, 5 and 6 and it doesn’t look like there’s something in store for Cary in those ones too. I don’t know, but I have that opinion: if you have Matt Czuchry in your show and you don’t use him properly it’s obvious you don’t know what you are doing.

Comment by Lucy – October 13, 2012 04:44 AM PDT
          • No offense guys but it’s time to get a grip………you have wayyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands. You need to become NY or Hollywood writers or send a snail mail to theirs or………………just find a hobby.

Comment by jackie2830 – October 13, 2012 08:35 AM PDT
          • Actually, you can consider this an hobby. People are paid to rant about TV and I do it for free. I hope it’s ok for you and it doesn’t bother you too much how I use some of my spare time.

Comment by Lucy – October 13, 2012 09:30 AM PDT
          • It’s great being an American……..we can all have hobbies and prioritize our time. It also gives us the option of dropping out of idle chit chat…….which is what I’m doing now. Much success in your endeavor.

Comment by jackie2830 – October 13, 2012 10:39 AM PDT
    • More Cary please! Talk about taxing the viewers’ patience. Matt Czuchry is a tremendous actor and it seems like the producers, writers, and CBS are blind to their own riches. TGW needs 18-49 demographic help in the ratings. So what does CBS do? Never a single promo or even shot of Cary in the show. He’s the youngest adult cast member but is completely ignored. Gilmore Girls also had a huge cast and two main characters but still found plenty of time to develop Czuchry’s Logan character. We met his parents, grandfather, friends, sister etc. We saw here he lived etc.
      And he was featured in WB promos. It looks like CBS could take some lessons from the old WB here. We know Cary’s father is coming to the show in later episodes so now the hope is is not a two scene, one episode and out scenario. As magnificent as TGW is now it could be even better if they concentrate alittle more on the cast regulars for a change.

Comment by Dee – October 15, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN. My patience is pretty non-exsistent right now.
        Cary’s father won’t be around until episode 9 or 10. Do they want to wait other 5 or 6 episodes before giving him a storylines? That would be a disaster for the character. You can’t leave a character without a storyline for so long. Everyone is ranting about Kalinda’s storylne but I’d love if someone in the media started to rant about Cary’s no-storyline. Because besides a “Kalinda problem” there’s also a “Cary Agos problem” and that’s something “The Good Wife” never managed to solve.

Comment by Pat – October 16, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Old christine: “matthew, where have you been? I need you to help me get off!”
    Matthew:” I need you to use different words!”

Could not be more excited for this casting!

Comment by Bridget jones – October 10, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post