Psych Season 7 Premiere Date Is Revealed

Psych Season 7Finally.

After testing Psych fans’ patience as long as they could, USA Network on Wednesday enlisted cast members James Roday, Dule Hill, Maggie Lawson and Timothy Omundson to announce the premiere date for Season 7, via a Facebook video.

The adventures of Shawn, Gus, Juliet et al will resume on Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013 (at 10/9c) — aka almost 10 months after the Season 6 finale, in which Shawn’s pop got popped by Wojohowitz.

RELATED | Psych @ Comic-Con: Fantastic Season 7 – and Beyond! – Scoop, and a Major Death?

Will Season 7 be worth the wait? Well, on tap is a no less than a musical episode featuring guest stars such as Barry Bostwick, Ally Sheedy (reprising her role as Yang), Rent actor Anthony Rapp and 2 Broke Girls‘ Brooke Lyons.

Also, in keeping with the series’ affection for all things Breakfast Clubby, Anthony Michael Hall is set to show up as a police consultant who has no patience for psychics. Gus, meanwhile, is getting not one but two crush interests, played by Parminder Nagra (ER) and Garcelle Beauvais (Franklin & Bash).

Once again: Psych Season 7, Feb. 27. Finally.

Exclusive Psych Video: James Roday, Dule Hill and Show Boss Steve Franks Talk Season 7

Loading video...

Comments (103)

• Too long to wait! Thought it was going to come back in November?

Comment by Alex – October 10, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bad move USA! On the USA site it had spych listed to begin in the fall. I have been checking since the fall line ups was released. It’s almost seems like some idiot at the network didn’t want to compete with another show so decided to wait til a mid season finale or some BS reason like that. It would of been better to have change the day it was on again then to keep blowing off the fans this long. The wonderful about DVRs is that u cab record it no matter if time spots are the reason for the delays. So stupid! Who knows maybe the actors held out for more money?? Whatever the reason.. its crap to mislead people. We are the only reason u have any successful shows.. its not smart to tick off the fans!!! Ugh irritated!! Now update ur website to “coming in winter” &*#holes!

Comment by AMANDA – October 14, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you 100%

Comment by al smith – November 12, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree too. I hope Shaun Spencer’s dad survives. It was so sad. Also, who had that idea, put that terrible thing on the air, and then wait ten months( more or less) to see the rest. Just terrible!!!!!😠😡👿👺😞 Also they left you hanging.

Comment by Alisher – January 7, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i do to really love him

Comment by j benny – January 26, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You shouldn’t complain about waiting so much, America still gets it before the UK. You have any idea how many spoliers I have to deal with before I even get to know when the shows coming out here? It’s ridiculous -.-

Comment by Chloe – July 9, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so glad i just found this series recently! If I actually had to wait for 10 months, id be pissed too :-P

Comment by Shaun – December 3, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! And ION took off all the reruns every Saturday night from 5:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. & are playing reruns of another show that doesn’t compare to Psych. So disappointed!

Comment by Cari – December 8, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s still too far away! But so happy it’s coming back!

Comment by Courtney – October 10, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! It’s a long wait, but I’m glad to have a date.

Comment by Tiffany – October 10, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg, that’s like a decade away!!! Why must they keep doing this to us????

Comment by LC – October 10, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to finally KNOW, but Jesus, for their longest running show, they sure treat Psych and its fans like CRAP. We had to wait 10 months between seasons 5 & 6, now another 10 months between 6 & 7?? By the time season 7 starts, we could’ve been on season 8. Bull crap. We are the most loyal bunch of fans USA has for any of its shows (hello, fan appreciation day? People coming from all over the country?) and yet they always give us the bottom of the barrel.

Comment by Callie – October 10, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll second that.

Comment by Crap! – October 10, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by hazel – October 10, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed

Comment by K Card – October 10, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree

Comment by Patti – October 10, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Amy – October 11, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Monk had a longer running show than this one. For now anyways. But yeah, its BS that we’ve been waiting forever, and then when we finally get to know what happened, BAM, sorry, you’ll have to wait another 5 months….Screw you USA for playing with my heart!

Comment by Emohkinz – October 28, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed

Comment by Alisher – January 7, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You think that’s bad, try waiting for it to come out in the uk! Our season 6 came out when you got season 7, now THAT’S crap!!

Comment by Marina Amaris – June 26, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • too right! :( i hate that tv shows and movies always come out later than in america :(

Comment by Daisy – August 18, 2013 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do we have to wait so goddam long? 10 months is too long

Comment by Josh – October 10, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy crap on toast, that is a ridiculous amount of time between seasons. I’m so glad we finally know when it’s coming back though. I hope the last season is on Netflix because I need to re-watch before the new season starts to remember where the heck we were. My heart totally did a little geeky girl stutter when I read that Anthony Rapp is going to be on the show. This is going to be epic. I love all the Breakfast Club guest stars but my favorite is still Carey Elwes.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – October 10, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season six will be on Netflix next month.

Comment by Esaul – October 13, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its already on netflix @ least thur mail! I jus finished the last disc and mailed it out this morning! Ready for season 7 ! No cable or high speed so i got to wait on dvd release! :’(

Comment by Lynn – October 31, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ROKU HAS 1ST TO ? SEASONS , SINCE I JUST DICOVERED THIS GREAT SHOW, I DON’T KNOW IF THE LAST SEASON BEFORE THE UPCOMING SEASON IN FEB. OR NOT. IT WAS WORTH THE $8 A MONTH TO DISCOVER SEVERAL SHOWS THAT I HAD MISSED. FOR BURN FANS ROKU HAS ALL EPISODES IN ORDER FROM BEGINING TO SEASON 5.

Comment by HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND STREAMING TV – January 18, 2013 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The newest season is currently on Netflix, I can’t wait for Season 7! Really excited for it!

Comment by Sara – November 14, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is too long…hopefully there will be no midseason break

Comment by Jennifer – October 10, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now you know how the Sherlock fandom feels. It’s torture. Now imagine being fans of both! Torture I say!

But yay can’t wait for new Psych!

Comment by Harley – October 10, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh – we didn’t even watch season 2 of Sherlock when it aired, we just watched it on Netflix 2 weeks ago and then I find out I still have 2 years until new episodes??? Torture!

Comment by Carrie – October 10, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sherlock is a UK show and they don’t follow how the US does their shows with typical starts and stops of seasons. They pretty much film when the cast needed is available and it sucks!

Comment by Kanoealoha – October 21, 2012 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Doesn’t the UK also usually only having 8 episodes per season? I am a fan of Misfits & Being Human and that seemed to be what England was doing besides the crazy long breaks inbetween seasons… Lazy Europeans, how did America ever get the reputation for having a lazy work ethic? T_T Get off your @sses, UK!!!!

Comment by Christine – November 5, 2012 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Because america is lame. trust me i live here.

Comment by cocobean – November 8, 2012 12:51 PM PDT
    • you are not the only fan of both! at least with Sherlock i know to expect it and have had to wait long stretches since the show started. psych used to air in the summer and the winter… then just fall and now this! at least it is coming back though and it sounds like it will be as awesome as ever.

Comment by murley – October 10, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same with Downton Abbey and anything on AMC. You know that’s right.

Comment by Elf – October 10, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am a huge Psych and Sherlock fan – know how you feel :)

Comment by Christin – February 1, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember when this used to be a Summer show? Good times. *sigh*

Comment by D. Marie (@heydahlin) – October 10, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is the premiere date for Psych 10 months after the season 6 finale, when every other show on USA seems to be on twice a year! =/

Comment by Becca – October 10, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too long of a wait.

Why is this show always off on its own these days while the others (White Collar, Covert Affairs, etc) air their eppies around the same time.

Comment by crochetowl – October 10, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!!! i can’t wait.

Comment by Elyse – October 10, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, USA network, I’m very loyal to you but having to wait 10 months for my Shawn & Gus fix is pure torture! I get you have new shows but Psych is an all-time favorite. Always and forever.

Comment by Eliza – October 10, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see James is still hiding his tummy. Cute. And not a pineapple in sight. Boo. Hiss. But, I’m still totally psyched for season 7.

Comment by Stormy – October 10, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is a long time. Not as long as I was forced to wait for the last season of Mad Men, and not as long as I’ll be forced to wait for the next season of Louie, but a long wait nonetheless. Wasn’t this show at some point on a summer airing schedule?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 10, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • February? Really?! We have watched this show from Day1 and it’s done nothing but improve. Great cast and writing – very entertaining!

Comment by Susan – October 10, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • February 27?! Good grief! Why are they making us wait so long?!

Comment by Carrie – October 10, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the long wait gives Shawn time to grow up. His Peter Pan act is getting wa-a-y old. I’ll give the first episode a try, but if it’s same old, same old, the show will be history for me.

Comment by JoMarch – October 10, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad it’s coming back but why after so long?! Why is USA treating Psych soo poorly?! Scheduling like this is going to kill a great show.

Comment by Sarah – October 10, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed on both counts. Glad it’s coming back but bummed we have to wait so long.

Comment by aurat22 – October 10, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to it being back

Comment by Elysia Calloway – October 10, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Inoctober

Comment by Elysia Calloway – October 10, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so far away! i want psych now!

Comment by marpa – October 10, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so glad it’s coming back but yeah that is a long time. show psych and it’s fans more love.

Comment by Patti – October 10, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA Network treats this show like poop.

Comment by Ridiculous – October 10, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the end of February??? My Shules-loving heart can’t take it that long! Why does USA do this to us loyal Psych-os??

Comment by Rach – October 10, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the best show on tv ever!!!!!!!!! long wait i wanna know what happened to Henry soooooo bad.

Comment by mike – October 10, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Psych. Why does USA keep us waiting. Is the season tag line this season wait for it or what?

Comment by Kelly – October 10, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
      lol! :)

Comment by geebuttersnaps – November 21, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • typical. USA is trying to kill this show off, but its proving difficult what with loyal fans tuning in and keeping its ratings up.

Comment by Joey – October 11, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a shame because Psych is the ONLY show I’m willing to watch on the USA channel, and the only show I recommend to others who have never heard of this basic cable network tv show and don’t watch USA. Getting rid of Pysch would be getting rid of the money they get from the huge level of viewership that is completely uniqely generated from this brilliantly funny show they got. Getting rid of Psych should piss off a bunch of their commerial sponsors.

Comment by Christine – November 5, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Psych is coming back.. last thing I remember was Shawns father got shot!! Seems likes years ago now.. anyway, lets not forget USA needs to put constant reruns of Law and Order SVU and NCIS on.. They have such good original shows why must they wait forever between seasons? I am sure the answer is money as it usually is with networks. Too bad though that they stretch things out so long. Psych is a show that I always enjoy, laugh out loud and it is pure fun.

Comment by Hope – October 11, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love Psych, have had to re watch all seasons to get fix, just don’t get why the lag in getting a new season on, you would think a show this popular would be a cash cow for USA but they are going to lose viewers who may get hooked on another show because of its absence, the powers that be USA need to pull their heads out and give viewers what they want before they lose them to A&E or another network that keeps producing great shows…

Comment by Brian Cutts – October 11, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing its not actually the network but those actually involved in the production/creation of the show. The question would be, did the producers/cast/etc actually completely finish filming the season a long time ago, long before its original fall expected air date and USA refused to air it or was USA forced by the Psych production team to recant their original expected release and delay it an extra few months? I’m guessing *since* Psych is so popular and gives the network such high ratings (giving them tons of mula from their commerial sponsors), the Psych producers have all the power and know the USA network is not in a position to threaten to cancel them when the Psych team doesn’t corporate with the deadlines USA network has set for filming. The actors or other staff members may want more low-pressured, pleasant filming pace for their careers than the network and fans would want to agree to. From their high popularity the show creators are in a position to make such demands.

Comment by Christine – November 5, 2012 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show!

Comment by Sean – October 11, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is a ridiculous date. They certainly do hope that we are fanatically devoted to the show, with almost a year long break between seasons. And then, a long hiatus in the middle as well. Pass this on to the PTB–More episodes, less waiting. Sheesh!

Comment by Argy Nice – October 13, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not cool! Misleading the fans… The USA site still says coming this fall?!?!?

Comment by AMANDA – October 14, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so, they are going to make us wait a year and then sit through a musical first episode..

well played.. *sarcasm*

Comment by derp – October 21, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True story.

Comment by Christine – November 5, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s ridiculous, at the end of the last season they said it’ll be back this fall :(

Comment by Kim – October 22, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2/27/2013???

10 months???

You’d think these guys would be aware that when you leave us hanging this long, you find other shows to watch and you lose a little interest. I love Psych, but…

Grimm is pretty good, so is Hawaii 5-0 and a bunch of other shows that have caught my interest.

Shawn, for being so “observant” you really missed the boat on this one!

Comment by Cole Thompson – October 29, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • me chayiland my older sister kim loves your show psych

Comment by chayil silva – November 2, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If USA is not careful, they might lose their viewers to other shows on other networks due to the long break, as was the case from the strike (2007-08) which caused the demise of Heroes (NBC) and Flash Forward (ABC). Anyway, I’m glad a premiere date has been set. It would suck ROYALLY if they only gave us a five episode season. I’d be so mad.

Comment by Ispeakthetruth – November 2, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dumb… that means those writers weren’t going to start getting higher payed anyway, they just made everyone loose their jobs involved with those shows. I know the show V took ridiciously year-long breaks, maybe that is why it got the axe despite always being the most viewed show on hulu everytime a new episode came out. <.<

Comment by Christine – November 5, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is way too long to wait! Gahh! Unfair. I thought it was going to come out in the fall and now its almost winter! They are really pissing me off. People are going to stop watching the show because the seasons are too far apart!!! Gahh.

Comment by Pissed off. – November 5, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to characters welcome!!!

Comment by mike – November 5, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the best shows on television (network included). Fire the suit that is playing with the schedule or sell the show to a company that cares what viewers think. You have a loyal following and you treat the show like a midseason replacement? Please!

Comment by loyal "psycho" – November 5, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here, here!

Comment by Christine – November 5, 2012 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see what happens to Shawns dad before the ends of the world on December 21st. Now I will never get to see what happens to him.

Comment by Rubyyyy – November 5, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If we could put the USA channel in charge of the end of the world, they would just delay it and we could see the next season Psych!

Comment by Cole Thompson – November 5, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • SUMO WRESTLERS UNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

Comment by I'M OBNOXIOUS, SORRY – November 8, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • atleast its way way better than mentalist. since it actually shows how shawn solves stuffs rather than reading minds without showing any theory

Comment by Farhan – November 6, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I glossed over the article and misread the end. I thought it said Micheal Hall (i.e. Dexter Morgan) was going to play a police consultant. Haha, a Dexter/ Psych crossover, that would be sweet. Do you think Shawn will figure out who Dexter is first or will Dexter have him wrapped-up first?

Man, I’m crazy …

Comment by Synapse – November 13, 2012 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate how they got everyone all excited just to announce a late Feb start date. I’m glad other people are annoyed too! They could at least give us a reason why.

Comment by Island – November 17, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally…damm what took so long?

Comment by Manny – December 13, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!! It’s not nice to fool a little old lady!! February 27, 2013???? Bad enough that I have to wait until January for Downtown Abbey but February ???

Comment by Olga Mason – December 14, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where are the reruns? I check USA and CLUE regularly, looking for an all Psych Saturday or Sunday. The ION reruns were nice, but always at night… Burn Notice and White Collar are being rerun on network TV, why are Psych reruns left out of all this? D

Comment by Deb – December 21, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post