ABC Family's Secret Life to End After Season 5

The secret teenage angst is coming to an end.

ABC Family’s The Secret Life of the American Teenager will sign off after the upcoming Season 5, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Bunheads Exclusive: Sibling Dancers to Diversify Season 1 Ensemble

The drama, which premiered in 2008, will premiere its 12-episode final season in March.

In August, ABC Family canceled the ratings-challenged Jane by Design while renewing Switched at Birth, Melissa & Joey, Baby Daddy and ordering more episodes of Bunheads. Pretty Little Liars was also recently picked up for a fourth season.

Are you sad to see Secret Life end?

1. madhatter360 says:

I hate that I know this, but it’s already been airing it’s final season. Those 12 episodes in March are the second half of season 5. Also there’s going to be an episode at christmas.

2. dalunt says:

After her performance in the descendants, that girl needs to be in more movies. She’s got some real talent, just needs good writing and direction.

3. yall says:

Should have kept Kyle XY. This show is probably the worst written show on TV now. The actors need so much better. Adios!

• Kris says:

I AGREE!! KYLW XY IS THE BEST SHOW ABC FAMILY EVER AIRED!! Well, that and Greek

• Tommy says:

I’m still missing “Greek” too!

I always felt secret life was the lowest quality show on abc family’s lineup. Glad it’s moving on and making room for “bunheads”

• Tina says:

I think this show has the worst acting I’ve ever seen. I like the show but the acting sucks. Sorry to see it go.

4. Kassie says:

Good, about time! I’m still angry that Kyle XY was canceled, but this dumb show was kept.

5. Sam says:

Thank goodness.

6. tvaddict says:

Thank God that this horrible show is ending!

7. Elyse says:

finally! that show is awful.

8. Me says:

Where have I been? I didn’t realize Jane By Design was canned.

9. bean says:

I used to lovelove this show but the writers just did an awful job. They bring the characters forward as growing teens and then regress them n its like come on! Lets get real here.

10. Jk says:

Season one was really good. Season two kinda sucked but had occasional flashes of the good season one. Season 3 and 4 were absolutely atrocious. Season 5 has been atrocious as well, except for the Jack storyline in the last few aired episodes. That was very well done.

11. paula says:

My thoughts exactly

12. A.D. says:

Longggg overdue…this show’s crap…Kyle XY was awesome and they cancel it for that crap!

13. Esaul says:

Knew this was coming.

14. Courtney says:

I honestly can’t believe it last 5 seasons. It was only decent season 1. By the 2 nd the writing was terrible. I thought that some of the actors were good, especially for the awful writing and I hope they make it in other projects.

15. Good get rid of of this & bring back Jane By Design

16. Angela says:

I’m sad to see it go simply because it gave us some very entertaining clip commentary on “The Soup” :p.

Seriously, though, sorry to the fans who liked this show.

17. Renee says:

I’m still upset about Lincoln Heights being cancelled.

18. Danielle says:

Oh god finally. I’m so tired of this show.. There is way to much stuff going on at any one time.. And it’s depressing.. And repetitive. Good bye.

19. yoyoyoyo says:

there’s only so many times they can make every character pregnant before it starts to get old i guess.

20. leah says:

I liked greek and Kyle xy, but my FAVORITE canceled too soon abc family show is The Middleman!!

21. Olivia says:

Forget Kyle XY or Greek (Loved both), I miss WILDFIRE more!! haha

22. someone says:

Im sad to c secret life is signing off but I guess it had to happen. :( Im upset that they took jane by design off air. Boo!!! Im glad woodley is getin out there. Im gona miss that show.

23. cutie says:

NOOOOOOOOOOO I DONT WANT IT TO END ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARENT FACED BY THESE SITUATIONS DONT UNDERSTAND:(((

24. wilmbear says:

thank god just what we didn’t need a show that glorified teenage pregnancy

25. Joey says:

As bad as Secret Life is, it still makes you anxious to see what happens in every next episode. But, I mostly just watch it for the people who star in it. I love Shailene Woodley. She’s a very lovely and very sweet girl, and she’s brightened up so many dark aspects of my life, so I feel sad that I won’t be seeing her every week anymore. But I’m certainly happy that she’s moving on to more major parts. My other favorites are Darren and Megan. I think they’re just wonderful people. I pretty much love almost everyone on Secret Life. Because when you spend so much time watching certain people on the small screen, it feels like they’ve become your family. So for that reason, I guess I will miss the show. But I wish them all the best, and hope to see them in other features in the near future.

26. amber says:

Noo I don’t lie hats it ending I love this show donttttt end please

27. becky says:

I will miss Ricky nd Amy bcos they were really great in d movie