Revenge Hot Shots: Who Has Jack in Tears?

This doesn’t bode well for Baby Porter.

We’ve got a sneak peek at Revenge‘s upcoming fourth episode, airing Oct. 21 (ABC, 9/8c), and it features a crying Jack at the hospital.

RELATED | Revenge Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Victoria’s ‘Monster’-Making Mom!

Also telling: Fauxmanda is nowhere in sight as Emily, Declan and Charlotte gather around the clearly heartbroken bar owner. So who’s to blame for her MIA status, and is there something more sinister at work than pregnancy complications? And is the shot of Emily’s mom another flashback/dream… or, if Fauxmanda’s not shown because she’s clinging to life in a hospital bed, might Mama Thorne be rushing to her “daughter’s” side?

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Tags: ,

Comments (49)

• fauxmanda loses baby

Comment by Katarzyna Rutkowska – October 9, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m getting realllly tired of this overused trope.

Comment by Greg – October 9, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • On the bright side maybe that means no more FA

Comment by Zak – October 9, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let Amanda be killed in childbirth…im so mean, jejeje

Comment by Lorena – October 9, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha, I’m with you. It would be way more interesting for FauxManda to die and Jack be left with his baby.

Comment by JKR – October 9, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what I was thinking, it would be way more interesting.

Comment by Drewer – October 9, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok….odd comment I know…..but I’m wondering if they have Van Camp in flip flops intentionally (so that her height is more in line with everyone else in the shot)….or if that’s what her character was actually wearing.

Comment by Irishgirl – October 9, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s summer in the hamptons that’s normal

Comment by Joe – October 9, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought of that too, but we’ve never seen her in something so casual. And she’s in a dress, so I expected heels. Especially since Charlotte is dressed up.

Comment by Irishgirl – October 9, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It looks like a very beachy dress so I think the flip flops fit. Charlotte is very dressed up compared to Emily so they may not have been at the same event or one of them is just over/underdressed.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – October 9, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, I was thinking the same thing, for a second I even thought she was barefoot.

Comment by Drewer – October 9, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last year they had Ashley in Uggs on the beach scene in the publicity shots but they were nowhere to be seen on the episode itself. I’m sure it’s the same case- they were probably shooting above waist in this scene and allowing Emily’s feet to relax.

Comment by flora – October 9, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the men on that show except for Gabriel Mann are so tiny! Who did the casting?

Comment by LizA180 – October 9, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Production got them cheap.

Comment by tahina – October 9, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, that’s pretty normal. Most male actors are under 6′…..probably between 5’8″ and 5’10″ are very common. The actresses are shorter as well. Emily Van Camp at 5’8″ is considered tall. Most are very skinny as well…..that whole camera adds 10 lbs statement is true.

Comment by Irishgirl – October 9, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really wish i could care but i just dont. The amanda/jack/emily storyline is literally the worst and i wish the writers could deviate from it. its boring. i dont see any chemistry between emily and jack and i want amanda to jump off a cliff already. And can we please have more nolan? he’s so under-used

Comment by Candice – October 9, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more! Nolan is the spine of that show!

Comment by Erica whittaker – October 9, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t agree. I think Jack and Emily have excellent chemistry. As for Amanda, she can jump off a cliff.

Comment by Rashida – October 9, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Rashida: Jack and Emily have chemistry

Comment by Keren – October 9, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yup even from there first meeting, it was like electric shocks down my spine, just by how they looked at e/o and locked eyes!

Comment by baglesvswaffles – October 9, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Rashida too – Jack and Emily for the win…Amanda can go, she is super annoying

Comment by TheRightCandice – October 9, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t have any sympathy for Amanda. Just don’t. Do I want sinister to happen to her? Still thinking on that one. However, I’m hoping that this “so call” tragedy does bring Amanda aka Emily and Jack closer together. These two are just smokin’ hot and I love the unspoken love that bounces off of them. As for Victoria, I’m so ready for AmanEmily to take this greedy biotch down and she is just the person to do it.

As for my buddy Nolan, oh how I adore Nolan. He and AmanEmily relationship is refreshing to see. I’m hoping that what I saw last Sunday between him and one of his employees is the start of something special. Nolan needs a challenge and this person seems to be the one who will do it.

Comment by Cassandra – October 9, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait to found more of what happens

Comment by simy – October 9, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it wrong to hope that fauxmanda is dead? I simply hate that character and feel she brings nothing to the storyline!!

Comment by katy917 – October 9, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nick Wechsler is great at these scenes, as evidenced by the “dying Sammy” scene. I’m not at all surprised that they are going to find another way to put Jack through the ringer just so they can do another one.

Poor Jack. When we started the show, all he wanted to do was sail down to Haiti and help orphans. Now his life is upside down.

Comment by valerie (@badtoad20) – October 9, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, god, that Sammy scene. I’m tearing up just thinking about it!!

Comment by Katherine215 – October 9, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if it would kill the costume people to let Emily wear jeans or something,lol.

Comment by Shaun – October 9, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With that Black Dress, I am definitely not the one complaining :P

Comment by Rawr – October 9, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of the Fauxmanda/Jack/Emily storyline either, but the suggestion that Mama Thorne might come back thinking that Fauxmanda is her daughter just kills me because it’d probably be harder for Emily/Amanda to bear than even leading Charlotte to believe Fauxmanda is her sister. If that’s the route being taken, how long until Emily spills to her mom?

Comment by HeatherInNY – October 9, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or maybe Mommy intuition is smarter than even our Emily, and her mother knows “Amanda” isn’t her daughter.

Comment by Alice – October 9, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So great! I hope thy used general hospital set ;)

Comment by Chriata – October 9, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fauxmanda dies and so does her baby. Jack kills himself and Declan is the one in the Amanda. Then Ashley would remain the only annoying (and useless) character in this show.

Comment by Carriesfan – October 9, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t really get how Jack is perceived as annoying. But to each his own.

Comment by Rashida – October 9, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s the way he’s written. It’s not the actor’s fault, but Jack just doesn’t seem to have the sense God gave cabbages. Because Emily’s plan relies on him not recognizing her, most of the plots depend on Jack being perpetually out of the loop- which just makes him seem slow. He constantly has to have things spelled out for him or be protected from something. It’s like everyone else in the Hamptons is playing this elaborate game of chess and he’s staring a a checkerboard scratching his head as to what it may be.

Comment by Alice – October 9, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This is a great analogy, Alice! I really like Nick Wechsler but I think they really under-utilize him and I hate that they make his character look like a dumb wimp. I wish they would have brought him in on the secret at the end of last season rather than throwing another wrench in that storyline. I’d rather see some conflict between Jack and Emily over her revengenda than phoney conflict over Fauxmanda.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 9, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • but that’s just like everyone else, especially daniel. he was engaged to her, and never questioned her late nights & perfect timing in bad situations

Comment by baglesvswaffles – October 9, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree that maybe it’s not the actor’s fault but he is such a passive character. In a show that breathes action and banter and schemes, he is just there, like his boat, waiting for the tide and hoping to get to Haiti to do some saint-like deeds because God forbid he ever had some kind of evil thought. Revenge is all about showing the gray in each character, but he seems whiter than Once Upon a Time’s Snow White. Moreover, ever since the beginning I never understood how a non-boring character like Emily could ever be happy with Jack for more than the time necessary to revisit every single memory and maybe get drunk in his bar. She would get bored. If they don’t introduce a new character worthy of her, Mike Kelley better get over his aversion of Nolan/Emily. He is the only one that matches her enough in wit and spark.

Comment by Carriesfan – October 9, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was with you up until the Nolan/Emily hook up. I think Jack just needs to go, but there are other romantic relationships for Emily. I want to see what they do with the new hot British guy, and dark Daniel. If Daniel starts truly playing his parents games he could end up on the same level as Emily. I like that Nolan and Emily have a brother sister relationship. It helps to ground both of them.

Comment by Me – October 21, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heheh. I’d like it better if Fauxmanda threw herself off a 10 story building, and landed on Declan in the process, killing them both.

Comment by Miffy – October 9, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ashley is not useless

Comment by Keren – October 9, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am i the only one surprised about how interesting and likeable Charlotte is this season, so far anyway. Ashley, run her over with a car.

Comment by Martin – October 9, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if she took the baby and ran. Wouldn’t mind that.

On another note…can I just say I actually really like Charlotte this season so far. I like when she’s around Jack and Emily and Fauxmanda. It shows a side of her we never really saw much in season one.

Comment by Sara – October 9, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i feel like she will if she actually survives bc emily told her it’s not jack’s baby. or she may even abandon it

Comment by baglesvswaffles – October 9, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow love emily’s dress and hair!!

Comment by baglesvswaffles – October 9, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn it! That scene hugging Declan meant he wasn’t crying over that twit being dead.

Well I still have hope his character is the one that ends up being this season’s victim (fingers crossed).

Oh and yeah, probably the very yawn-worthy trope of FauxManda losing the baby. Did I mention also yaaawn? cause yeah.

Comment by JS4P – October 9, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • here’s hoping this means the end of fauxmanda. and then hopefully ashley next! (seriously, who does she think she is??)

Comment by airhead – October 9, 2012 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post