Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Artsy New Beast Shot Is Quite a Beauty

TVLine has secured an exclusive first look at some stunning new art for The CW’s Beauty and the Beast (debuting this Thursday at 9/8c). After close examination, this is all we really have to say (and we mean it in the best possible way): So much beauty, so little beast.

RELATED | Exclusive New Photos: The Beauty and Her Beast

Soak up all of the pretty that co-stars Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan have to offer via the noir-esque shot below, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements.

Comments (29)

• Very hesitant about this show. Can’t really buy Kristin as a cop and the “beast” looks like a hot guy with one scar on his face. I will still check it out though since its on after TVD-I really enjoyed the last 2 shows that were in that time slot:Nikita and Secret Circle(RIP)

Comment by tvaddict – October 9, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kristin`s a talented actress. she was the absolute best thing about smallville

Comment by Chad – October 9, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahahahaha!!!

Comment by Hillary – October 9, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kristin and Erica Durance both were the best thing in Smallville.

Comment by dean – October 10, 2012 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw the pilot at comic con and unless they made major changes and improved the acting.. It’s will tank quickly. The pilot fell flat and had no real excitement or urgency to the plot. I hope they revamp it.. The CC audience, which usually loves a good fantasy drama, did not respond well to this show.

Comment by DarkDefender – October 9, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I saw it at SDCC too, and actually liked it. Many fans were pretty excited about this.Hope it will do well.

Comment by Jay – October 9, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Kristin Kreuk as a person, not really as an actress. Coupled with the pilot, which I also saw at SDCC and did not like (dear diary? seriously?), well… I’m sure there is an audience for this show, but I am not part of it. There’s a reason it’s on the CW…

Comment by Emily – October 9, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • atually, I’m preety sure that they’ll give a full season for this show, no matter the ratings. They already sold it for a channel in Brazil, and they never buy shows that aren’t granted a full season. So it might get a very bad audience (I believe the pilo is very bad) but it’s selling worldwide, and that counts.

Comment by Pearl – October 10, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, there are many shows that air in Brazil that do not get a full season – I suppose the worldwide sales happen way before the premiere, and if it tanks in the US, too bad for the rest of the world.

Comment by natasha – October 10, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s the beast? Is he standing behind the handsome supermodel?

Comment by Mena – October 9, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He only turns into the beast when he’s angry. You didn’t think the CW would cast an ugly did you? 12 year-olds don’t like ugly.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – October 9, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA “You didn’t think the CW would cast an ugly did you?”

Comment by Mata (@Matz_Enig) – October 9, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Best Comment Ever. Snarky and True at the same time!

Comment by Tommy. – October 9, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I actually like the CW for that. Atleast they equally objectify both men and women, unlike other networks who mainly just objectify women.

Comment by dean – October 10, 2012 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have very low expectations for this show, and yet somehow I’m sure it will still disappoint me. I’ll give it a couple episodes.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 9, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi. I’m just here to say how much I am going to hate this show because I have nothing better to do with the time in my life. I’m not going to watch it, but it bothers me for some reason, so let me get my two cents in just so people think I matter. Thanks.

Comment by Hater – October 9, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin Kreuk is back! Yeah baby! She`s enough reason for me to watch. Great actress and very beautiful woman. Can`t wait. Premiere 10-11-12

Comment by Chad – October 9, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get it.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 9, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully it’s decent enough to at least provide a distraction until my precious Glee returns in November.

Comment by Christian – October 9, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, the beast not being a beast at all is so stupid. I could understand them making him a human when he’s not angry, whatever, but when he gets angry, all that happens is his eyes start glowing and he gets a scar on his face? That’s so rotten. The point of the story is a girl learning to fall in love with the person because of who he is, not what he looks like. This guy looks better than 80% of the population, even when he’s gone “beastly”. It takes all the impact out of everything. I’ll give it a few episodes since it comes on after TVD, but I’m not expecting much.

Comment by jon – October 9, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a joke… CW churning out the garbage it seems.

Comment by Jake – October 9, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Judging by the reviews, it seems like the showrunners and producers should put more effort into fixing this trainwreck of a show rather than waste time coming up with more and more ridiculous posters.
    Or maybe they know the show is unsalvageable, that they’re at the point of no return… The whole “desperate times call for desperate needs” shtick.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – October 9, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And yeah, 90% of women would PAY to have sex with the supermodel “beast”. And a fairly high percentage of men, TBH. Honestly, The CW should just make a spinoff of America’s Next Top Model and call it Tyra Banks’ School of Smize: The Search For The Next Model-Wannabe-Actor. The main prize is the lead role in the network’s next big “remake”, “import” or “reincarnation”.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – October 9, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it;s the Incredible Hulk meets Angel. Should have got Ron Perlman and the original make up team and brought the real Vincent back!!!

Comment by JAson – October 9, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin Kreuk sort of looks a little alien in this photo, but in a weird alluring way. I’m not sure how to comprehend these strange conflicting feelings I’m having!

Comment by Fabe – October 9, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw it at comic con and liked it. A lot of others did as well, especially the chem between Jay and Kristen it is amazing!

Comment by Paris – October 9, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a terrible photo haha. Not going to watch because I’m still holding a grudge about Secret Circle, yes I know what you’re thinking but TSC had so much potential when it first came out! hah

Comment by lauren – October 10, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post