Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Who's Who?

Everyone’s a hero in their own way, and we’re about to be yours.

On Tuesday at 9/8c, The CW will air Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, a brief musical about good, evil, love, loss and laundry day. Created by Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Joss Whedon, his brothers Jed and Zack Whedon and his sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen during the 2008 Writers Guild of America strike, the project originally streamed online for free; it’s since been made available on DVD, iTunes, Netflix, etc.

The entire musical is only about 45 minutes, but we know –  you’re busy! You’ve got important things to do! And in the four years since it was released, you’ve had not one free hour in which to catch the buzzy, one-episode show.

No worries, TVLine Nation: We’ve got a little cheat sheet to prep you for Dr. Horrible‘s TV debut. With a sequel in the works, now’s the time to catch up! No one will ever know you were behind! Even better, you’ll surely recognize some of your TV favorites in the cast.

The only doom that’s looming is you not checking out our gallery below to acquaint (or reacquaint) yourself with the gang. So we’ll give you a second to catch your breath… OK, you’re good. Get to clicking, Horrible minions! Then hit the comments to share your thoughts about the Whedon side project that became a Bad Horse-sized huge success. (You’ll get that later.)

1. Ali says:

Okay, so I love Joss Whedon and all of his staple of actors for his different shows, but, for some reason this just didn’t do it for me. I know it started during the writers strike and was a way to give his fans something new and different, but for me it was just kind of meh.

For those who are into it, enjoy. For me, I’d just be happy, now that he’s a gazillionaire, if he’d bring Firefly back.

• mo says:

As awesome as that would be, as former Mal/current Castle’s daughter told him in the Halloween episode of season two, “Don’t you think it’s time to move on?” I LOVE Firefly. A reunion movie would be incredible. But, what it would take to remove everyone from what they’re doing and make time for Firefly is just unrealistic. It was awesome. It would be great had it gone longer. That said, I repeat the sentiments everyone involved have been saying for years – ain’t gonna happen.

2. DarkDefender says:

I love Dr. Horrible’s Sing-A-Long Blog.. It’s a classic! Been waiting for a sequel for 4 years… I even liked the bit they did when NPH hosted the Emmys a while back with Dr. Horrible interrupting the telecast saying the Internet was the future and would take over broadcast TV and then the screen buffered for like 20 minutes.. lol

• Lauren says:

Agreed!! Loved Dr. Horrible. I have even watched Commentary the Musical! and laughed my head off. Can’t wait for the sequel it has been SOOO many years in the making.

3. Truefan says:

Joss Whedon can do no wrong. He’s got more talent than most other writers. Looking forward to anything he produces.

4. Erin says:

I was just listening to Commentary this afternoon as I have many a day, I can’t decide if I like it or Dr Horrible’s soundtrack better. Both have such catchy songs, although Commentary has better puns. I can’t wait for the sequel!

• Alan says:

listening to Commentary right now thinking this should be made for everything ever. better (than neil) and zack’s flavour make it better than dr horrible i think

5. Merissa W. says:

I FINALLY saw this about a month or two ago on Netflix and I can’t believe I didn’t see it sooner! The songs were amazing, love each and every character…can’t wait for the sequel!

6. Peter says:

You have not lived until you have been sat in flat in Camden Town Londonn at 4 am listening to four exceptionally drunk 20 somethings singing along to the musical comentary

7. Mel says:

This is so amazing!!! Have watched it so many times, and have the soundtrack. Joss is a Flippin’ Genius and needs more recognition so he can get some back to do another Awesome tv show :D

8. nadine says:

Love it, have the DVD. So worth watching, it keeps on surprising. Happy Dr. Horrible Day everyone!

9. Sam Scott says:

Long-time “Buffy” fan here — but still have not seen “Dr. Horrible” yet because I live in Israel. Anyone know a good way to watch it? I doubt it’ll be on TV anytime soon here…

10. Gill says:

Joss Is GENIOUS! Have loved everything he’s been involved in and especially anything with the lovely Nathan Fillion

11. jessie higH20 says:

Aside from being Barney Stinson on HIMYM, you forgot “De Facto Prez of the Hollywood Gay Mafia” on NPH’s resumé. (Don’t ask. It confounds me, too.)