Exclusive

Revenge Exclusive: Look Who's Playing Victoria's 'Monster'-Making Mom!

Now we know where Revenge‘s Victoria got those cheekbones (and a few other assets) from.

The ABC drama has cast ’70s sex symbol and Maude alum Adrienne Barbeau as Victoria’s mother, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

RELATEDRevenge Preview: Emily’s Mystery Man Makes His Way to the Hamptons — And He’s Packing!

The voluptuous veteran actress, who portrayed Maude’s daughter Carol on the groundbreaking sitcom, will play Mama Harper —  “somebody who knows how to use people,” Revenge executive producer Mike Kelley tells TVLine. “She taught Victoria what it takes to survive with very little, with your wit and your looks, really.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica Star Michael Trucco Gets Sweet Revenge Gig

Barbeau’s prolific TV career includes stints on classics like The Love BoatFantasy Island and Hotel, as well as on contemporary hits including Grey’s Anatomy, Dexter, General Hospital and CSI: NY. She also played Ruthie on the HBO series, Carnivale.

When Barbeau’s character shows up, “We will learn how the monster that is Victoria Grayson was put together, and we’ll learn that there’s a lot of damage that went into this little girl that became Victoria Grayson — and that it was at the hands of her mother,” Kelley adds. “So, Emily and Victoria will share a lot more than they would have ever expected in terms of family.”– Additional reporting by Meg Masters

1. Zoey says:

Her mother? They probably have the same age!

2. tahina says:

Wow they are really digging up and dusting off the old scrap book.

3. zan says:

She’s 13 years older than Madeleine Stowe in case anyone’s wondering.

I think she looks the part and i’m excited to see how much of a monster Victoria’s mom is.

4. Jinjeon says:

I like her but she’s too young to play Victoria’s mother! There’s only 13 years difference between them. Was Donna Mills unavailable?

5. iMember says:

In the words of Victoria Grayson, “I approve.”

6. Lorie says:

Interesting choice…looking forward to it!

7. g.g72 says:

Joan Collins would have been perfect!!!

• simonfuller's accountant says:

Joan Collins’ acting style would not mesh with this cast at all.

• Linda says:

OMGosh, I totally agree. Joan Collins would have been the perfect fit.Just watched the showt onight and I can’t seem to grasp that Adrienne Barbeau, 13 years younger than Madeline Stowe, is playing Madeine’s mother. I guess Adrienne Barbeau ain’t too proud to beg for a part,

• Linda says:

OMGosh, I totally agree. Joan Collins would have been the perfect fit. Just watched the show tonight and I can’t seem to grasp that Adrienne Barbeau, 13 years older than Madeline Stowe, is playing Madeine’s mother. I guess Adrienne Barbeau ain’t too proud to beg for a part.

8. Suzanne from General Hospital! lol

9. Miffy says:

Madeleine Stowe is a little too young to be her daughter, but Adrienne Barbeau rocks, so we’ll go with it.

10. Michael says:

Adrienne did a great job on GH as Suzanne; she showed she could do so much more than Carol.

11. Gertie says:

She’s a dream was a good actress in the 70’s and I can appreciate her at this time. However… I think I would of had to vote for Joan Collins she’s old and she’s got a wickedness about her that would have been a great inspiration to Victoria Grayson.

12. MJ says:

I think Jacyln Smith would have been a good choice.

13. Ana says:

She’s too young to play Victoria’s mother. I’m sure she will be fabulous but really…c’mon…

14. Jason says:

“…and then there’s Maude (and then there’s Maude), and then there’s Maude…”

Love Adrienne….but I’m also Joan Collins’ #1 fan. The producers really missed a great opportunity to bring all primetime soap fans together. Joan Collins needs to be on my TV every week. Dynasty was nothing until she immediately took it to unheard-of heights.

15. Tim Sheahon says:

Adrienne Barbeau is an extremely gifted actress, and will be able to portray this character with ease. Age has little to do with it; that is why they have makeup.

16. LOL says:

They should’ve killed Victoria off at the end of season 1.

17. Emmapants says:

Little disappointed it isn’t Barbara Hershey who should just play every evil mother ever.

• JustPassingThrough says:

Can’t really have the same actress play 2 evil mothers back-to-back but I appreciate her eviness as well haha

18. Linda says:

This could be interesting. BTW, age is nothing…Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays/ed Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki’s father on Supernatural and he’s only 12 years younger than Jensen.

• JoMarch says:

I don’t agree; I think age difference can be distracting when it’s ridiculous. For example, Ellen Barkin playing that girl’s GRANDMOTHER on the new normal. Give me a break! And having a Dad only 12 years older, or a mom that’s 13 years older intrudes on the suspension of disbelief, as far as I’m concerned.

• Scott says:

I thought It was ridiculous that Ellen Barkin was playing a great grandmother but my husband told me it’s part of the storyline of the show. ( that Ellen’s character had a baby as a teenager as did her daughter and granddaughter).
        I just saw the commercial for Adrienne Barbeau as Madeleine’s mother on Revenge and thought “impossible!”, googled their ages and wound up on this site. Hopefully the Revenge production will reference Marion being a child when she had Victoria.