Revenge Exclusive: Look Who's Playing Victoria's 'Monster'-Making Mom!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Now we know where Revenge‘s Victoria got those cheekbones (and a few other assets) from.

The ABC drama has cast ’70s sex symbol and Maude alum Adrienne Barbeau as Victoria’s mother, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

RELATEDRevenge Preview: Emily’s Mystery Man Makes His Way to the Hamptons — And He’s Packing!

The voluptuous veteran actress, who portrayed Maude’s daughter Carol on the groundbreaking sitcom, will play Mama Harper –  “somebody who knows how to use people,” Revenge executive producer Mike Kelley tells TVLine. “She taught Victoria what it takes to survive with very little, with your wit and your looks, really.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica Star Michael Trucco Gets Sweet Revenge Gig

Barbeau’s prolific TV career includes stints on classics like The Love BoatFantasy Island and Hotel, as well as on contemporary hits including Grey’s Anatomy, Dexter, General Hospital and CSI: NY. She also played Ruthie on the HBO series, Carnivale.

When Barbeau’s character shows up, “We will learn how the monster that is Victoria Grayson was put together, and we’ll learn that there’s a lot of damage that went into this little girl that became Victoria Grayson — and that it was at the hands of her mother,” Kelley adds. “So, Emily and Victoria will share a lot more than they would have ever expected in terms of family.”– Additional reporting by Meg Masters

Comments (26)

• Her mother? They probably have the same age!

Comment by Zoey – October 8, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow they are really digging up and dusting off the old scrap book.

Comment by tahina – October 8, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s 13 years older than Madeleine Stowe in case anyone’s wondering.

I think she looks the part and i’m excited to see how much of a monster Victoria’s mom is.

Comment by zan – October 8, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her but she’s too young to play Victoria’s mother! There’s only 13 years difference between them. Was Donna Mills unavailable?

Comment by Jinjeon – October 8, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Donna Mills is only four years older than Adrienne Barbeau. What’s the big difference? Also, Donna Mills doesn’t exactly look like Madeleine Stowe. Far from it.

Comment by iMember – October 8, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 17 year old mother,compared to 13 year old mother,lol

Comment by Shaun – October 9, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the words of Victoria Grayson, “I approve.”

Comment by iMember – October 8, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting choice…looking forward to it!

Comment by Lorie – October 8, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joan Collins would have been perfect!!!

Comment by g.g72 – October 8, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Joan Collins’ acting style would not mesh with this cast at all.

Comment by simonfuller's accountant – October 8, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMGosh, I totally agree. Joan Collins would have been the perfect fit.Just watched the showt onight and I can’t seem to grasp that Adrienne Barbeau, 13 years younger than Madeline Stowe, is playing Madeine’s mother. I guess Adrienne Barbeau ain’t too proud to beg for a part,

Comment by Linda – November 25, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMGosh, I totally agree. Joan Collins would have been the perfect fit. Just watched the show tonight and I can’t seem to grasp that Adrienne Barbeau, 13 years older than Madeline Stowe, is playing Madeine’s mother. I guess Adrienne Barbeau ain’t too proud to beg for a part.

Comment by Linda – November 25, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suzanne from General Hospital! lol

Comment by lisa c. (@azlisa) – October 8, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Madeleine Stowe is a little too young to be her daughter, but Adrienne Barbeau rocks, so we’ll go with it.

Comment by Miffy – October 8, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adrienne did a great job on GH as Suzanne; she showed she could do so much more than Carol.

Comment by Michael – October 8, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s a dream was a good actress in the 70′s and I can appreciate her at this time. However… I think I would of had to vote for Joan Collins she’s old and she’s got a wickedness about her that would have been a great inspiration to Victoria Grayson.

Comment by Gertie – October 8, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jacyln Smith would have been a good choice.

Comment by MJ – October 8, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s too young to play Victoria’s mother. I’m sure she will be fabulous but really…c’mon…

Comment by Ana – October 8, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “…and then there’s Maude (and then there’s Maude), and then there’s Maude…”

Love Adrienne….but I’m also Joan Collins’ #1 fan. The producers really missed a great opportunity to bring all primetime soap fans together. Joan Collins needs to be on my TV every week. Dynasty was nothing until she immediately took it to unheard-of heights.

Comment by Jason – October 9, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adrienne Barbeau is an extremely gifted actress, and will be able to portray this character with ease. Age has little to do with it; that is why they have makeup.

Comment by Tim Sheahon – October 9, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should’ve killed Victoria off at the end of season 1.

Comment by LOL – October 9, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Little disappointed it isn’t Barbara Hershey who should just play every evil mother ever.

Comment by Emmapants – October 9, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t really have the same actress play 2 evil mothers back-to-back but I appreciate her eviness as well haha

Comment by JustPassingThrough – October 9, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This could be interesting. BTW, age is nothing…Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays/ed Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki’s father on Supernatural and he’s only 12 years younger than Jensen.

Comment by Linda – October 13, 2012 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t agree; I think age difference can be distracting when it’s ridiculous. For example, Ellen Barkin playing that girl’s GRANDMOTHER on the new normal. Give me a break! And having a Dad only 12 years older, or a mom that’s 13 years older intrudes on the suspension of disbelief, as far as I’m concerned.

Comment by JoMarch – October 15, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought It was ridiculous that Ellen Barkin was playing a great grandmother but my husband told me it’s part of the storyline of the show. ( that Ellen’s character had a baby as a teenager as did her daughter and granddaughter).
        I just saw the commercial for Adrienne Barbeau as Madeleine’s mother on Revenge and thought “impossible!”, googled their ages and wound up on this site. Hopefully the Revenge production will reference Marion being a child when she had Victoria.

Comment by Scott – November 20, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post