TVLine Items: Gossip Girl Revealed! Plus: Community Actor to Pen Episode and More!
Who is the pot-stirring, trouble-causing, dastardly and devious Gossip Girl?
It’s the question on every fan’s mind as The CW soap of the same name enters its sixth and final season (bowing Oct. 8), and thankfully we can officially confirm that the mystery gal will be unmasked by series’ end.
“For five years, that’s the secret she said she’d never tell,” Gossip Girl exec producer Sara Goodman says of the blogger’s identity. “And,” adds co-creator Stephanie Savage, “this year, she’s telling.”
Press PLAY below to watch cast members give their best guesses about whom the scoopster might be (Dorota is a frontrunner!), and then hit the comments with your own predictions.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Community star Jim Rash — aka Dean Pelton, aka Oscar-winning scribe of The Descendants – will pen an upcoming episode of the quirky NBC comedy, Vulture has learned. The installment is said to center on an alumni weekend at Greendale.
• Josh Groban is set to return to The Office this season as Andy’s overachieving baby bro. Per TVGuide.com, the character will have taken a turn toward the bottle when he reappears in the Nov. 1 installment.
• Betty Gilpinha (The Good Wife) has joined the cast of Nurse Jackie‘s upcoming fifth season. Per The Hollywood Reporter, she’ll play a first-year resident.
• Virginia Madsen (Scoundrels) and Martin Landau (Without a Trace) will co-star in Lifetime’s upcoming telepic The Anna Nicole Smith Story, Deadline reports. Landau will play the late pinup’s much older husband J. Howard Marshall, and Madsen will portray her mother Virgie.
• Hawaii Five-0 has nabbed Tom Arnold to play the father of a Girl Scout who gets dragged into a case with McGarrett & Co., per TV Guide Magazine.
• Avan Jogia (Victorious) has been cast as the lead in Socio, ABC Family’s Dexter-eqsue drama pilot about an alleged teenage sociopath, per The Hollywood Reporter.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?