TVLine Items: Gossip Girl Revealed! Plus: Community Actor to Pen Episode and More!

Who is the pot-stirring, trouble-causing, dastardly and devious Gossip Girl?

It’s the question on every fan’s mind as The CW soap of the same name enters its sixth and final season (bowing Oct. 8), and thankfully we can officially confirm that the mystery gal will be unmasked by series’ end.

“For five years, that’s the secret she said she’d never tell,” Gossip Girl exec producer Sara Goodman says of the blogger’s identity. “And,” adds co-creator Stephanie Savage, “this year, she’s telling.”

RELATED | Hot Shots: A Gossip Girl Fashion Show — Plus, Who Shows Up from Blair’s Past?

Press PLAY below to watch cast members give their best guesses about whom the scoopster might be (Dorota is a frontrunner!), and then hit the comments with your own predictions.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Community star Jim Rash — aka Dean Pelton, aka Oscar-winning scribe of The Descendants – will pen an upcoming episode of the quirky NBC comedy, Vulture has learned. The installment is said to center on an alumni weekend at Greendale.

• Josh Groban is set to return to The Office this season as Andy’s overachieving baby bro. Per TVGuide.com, the character will have taken a turn toward the bottle when he reappears in the Nov. 1 installment.

RELATED | Stephen Colbert to Stir Up Treble on The Office

Betty Gilpinha (The Good Wife) has joined the cast of Nurse Jackie‘s upcoming fifth season. Per The Hollywood Reporter, she’ll play a first-year resident.

Virginia Madsen (Scoundrels) and Martin Landau (Without a Trace) will co-star in Lifetime’s upcoming telepic The Anna Nicole Smith Story, Deadline reports. Landau will play the late pinup’s much older husband J. Howard Marshall, and Madsen will portray her mother Virgie.

Hawaii Five-0 has nabbed Tom Arnold to play the father of a Girl Scout who gets dragged into a case with McGarrett & Co., per TV Guide Magazine.

Avan Jogia (Victorious) has been cast as the lead in Socio, ABC Family’s Dexter-eqsue drama pilot about an alleged teenage sociopath, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots, TVLine Items, Video

1. Lynette says:

Wasn’t GG revealed to be Michelle Trachtenbergs character?

• DJ Doena says:

Nope she just took over when the real GG went on a break. After Georgina it was Serena (and then Nate?) before it went back to the original GG without revealing who she is.

• Talha says:

Nah. It was revealed that when GG left her post after feeling guilty for having a part in Chuck and Blair’s accident, Georgina hacked into the website and changed the password so she could be the new GG. Then Serena became GG and then the original GG took over.

• Drew says:

Nope. She hacked the site and took it over when GG went silent…

Can we pretend that I didn’t know that?

2. Stay says:

Michelle was GG 2.0 ! After GG messed up and put Blair and Chuck into the hospital she stopped , and Michelle aka Georgina over took her position. After Georgina being over with Serena played GG for 5 eps, and now old GG is back!

3. Lindsey says:

I really hope Gossip Girl is someone we dont know at all

• wordsmith says:

I kind of agree. I just don’t see how they could make GG any of the existing characters in a way that actually makes sense. It would just be contrived and ridiculous.
      That said, it would be awesome if they come up with some brilliant way to prove me wrong…

4. Eliza says:

I love Jim Rash <3
    Cannot wait to see the episode!

• Angela says:

Same here! He got lots of acclaiim for his writing for the ‘Descendants’ movie, so I trust this won’t be any different in that regard. Cool news, I too look forward to that episode.

5. I’m pretty sure it’s Serena’s mom, otherwise why try to do a prelude series focusing on her teen years?

6. ggny says:

I think it HAS to be Dorota at this point. If not it is one of the other Adults

7. Canadian_JBS says:

Who even says that Gossip Girl has to actually be a girl? I think that it’ll be revealed that GG is actually Dan.
    #CHAIRFORNEVER

8. Sarah says:

I really want Gossip Girl to be played by Kristen Bell. She’s the voice, so I’m already picturing her. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

9. Kalee says:

Watch as Gossip Girl is revealed to be Nelly Yuki LOL (although I’m quite serious).

• Hannah says:

Nelly is returning this season as a foe for Blair (and maybe a love interest for Dan since she had a crush for him?!).
      Mark my words: GG is ………VANYA
      AKA Serena’s doorman and Dorota’s husband

10. Mila says:

What’s going to happen with Andy and Erin?! Even though the new guy is cute, I don’t want my OTP to be broken up

11. Olivia says:

Oh my! I love Ed Westwick’s accent <3 I knew he was British but never heard him before.

12. zan says:

I don’t watch Gossip Girl, but if they get Kristen Bell to actually be in the episode (since she’s the voice) i would definitely watch. I remember her saying in an interview a while back that she wants to play some random waitress or something that’s serving the characters their food and they don’t realize that she’s GG.

13. TMW says:

I think Mr. Shepherd, who got married in the first episode of GG and then threw a “divorce party” with his ex-wife on last season’s finale, is GG.

14. CrimTV says:

Surely it should be Kristen Bell?

15. Keenan says:

I always said it was Eric.

16. GG says:

You know you love me. XOXO

17. DeeKayTee says:

I hope GG is Kristen Bell! Since she is the narrator have her appear as someone on the fringes that they all know but was never in their inner circle.

18. Hojana says:

I hope she promptly puts a bullet to each of them and then the show ends. Its the only appropriate ending to this show really.

19. Ethan says:

It has to be Kristen Bell. It will be weird if they showed another actress be the GG and the voice don’t match (unless we don’t see her talking…)

20. Celeste says:

I would love it if it was Kristen Bell! Like they could just do a scene in the last episode where Blair or Serena bumps into her and she’s like “remember me from school?” She could be like some wallflower no one paid attention to back at Constance Billard’s but was GG all along!

21. Gabriel says:

An average sized shed will measure about ten by twelve.
    But I will show you that everyone can do it with just a couple of tools very fast based on a proper design.
    More and more people realize the high value of vinyl
    products and items.

22. Everything published made a lot of sense. However, what about this?
    suppose you were to create a awesome title? I am not saying your information isn’t solid, however what if you added a post title to maybe get a person’s attention?
    I mean [VIDEO] Gossip Girl Season Revealed in Season 6 – TVLine is kinda vanilla.
    You might look at Yahoo’s front page and see how they create article titles to get viewers to click. You might add a video or a pic or two to get people interested about everything’ve written.
    Just my opinion, it would bring your blog a little bit more interesting.

23. Their websites can be easily accessed on the internet. Gardening season adds a lot of chores to my writing day.
    It could be somewhat overwhelming to understand
    everything there is to know about gardening.

24. However, to get a more effective solution, take time and assess the traffic patterns with the carpeted areas of
    your house. Your carpet is probably not the most eye-catching feature in your home, however it can make a subtle difference be
    it clean and fresh or dirty and drab. At the same
    time frame, experienced Bristol carpet cleaners stake care in employing only friendly to the environment
    products.

25. They foresee that this strong Wyoming winds will only carry the divided chemical
    compositions of disintegrated plastics and other
    compostable squander into the air. remedies treat the origin of the problem,
    preventing further. But you should experiment with this sort
    of food to see the results.

26. web page says:

The heart consists of cardiac muscle, which allows
    the hard to contract and relax as it pumps blood throughout the body.

You can slow or stop muscle atrophy through weight training and diet:.

Properly Adopt these small techniques and build
    your muscles and your body.

27. It is best to perform a special type of exercises with some rest in between for your lower abs.
    You need to set up your weekly goals and again be specific.
    By doing intervals of those exercises, you may not
    only tone muscles but also burn excess body fat.

28. Kit says:

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
    However imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this site could
    undeniably be one of the greatest in its field.
    Very good blog!

29. I will right away grasp your rss as I can’t find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Kindly let me understand in order that I may subscribe.

Thanks.

30. Hurrah! After all I got a web site from where I know
    how to in fact obtain helpful facts concerning my study and knowledge.

31. Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after
    going through many of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I stumbled upon it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!

32. sex film says:

Thank you, I have recently been looking for info approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the
    best I’ve came upon so far. But, what in regards to the bottom line?
    Are you certain about the supply?

33. minecraft says:

I pay a quick visit every day a few web pages and blogs to read posts, however this blog offers quality based posts.

34. Hassan says:

These are genuinely impressive ideas in concerning blogging.

You have touched some pleasant points here. Any
    way keep up wrinting.

35. Cantik Wajah says:

Great items from you, man. I have bear in mind your stuff previous to and you’re simply too magnificent.
    I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly
    like what you are saying and the way in which through which you
    say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible.
    I can not wait to read far more from you. That is really
    a wonderful website.