TVLine Items: Gossip Girl Revealed! Plus: Community Actor to Pen Episode and More!

Who is the pot-stirring, trouble-causing, dastardly and devious Gossip Girl?

It’s the question on every fan’s mind as The CW soap of the same name enters its sixth and final season (bowing Oct. 8), and thankfully we can officially confirm that the mystery gal will be unmasked by series’ end.

“For five years, that’s the secret she said she’d never tell,” Gossip Girl exec producer Sara Goodman says of the blogger’s identity. “And,” adds co-creator Stephanie Savage, “this year, she’s telling.”

RELATED | Hot Shots: A Gossip Girl Fashion Show — Plus, Who Shows Up from Blair’s Past?

Press PLAY below to watch cast members give their best guesses about whom the scoopster might be (Dorota is a frontrunner!), and then hit the comments with your own predictions.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Community star Jim Rash — aka Dean Pelton, aka Oscar-winning scribe of The Descendants – will pen an upcoming episode of the quirky NBC comedy, Vulture has learned. The installment is said to center on an alumni weekend at Greendale.

• Josh Groban is set to return to The Office this season as Andy’s overachieving baby bro. Per TVGuide.com, the character will have taken a turn toward the bottle when he reappears in the Nov. 1 installment.

RELATED | Stephen Colbert to Stir Up Treble on The Office

Betty Gilpinha (The Good Wife) has joined the cast of Nurse Jackie‘s upcoming fifth season. Per The Hollywood Reporter, she’ll play a first-year resident.

Virginia Madsen (Scoundrels) and Martin Landau (Without a Trace) will co-star in Lifetime’s upcoming telepic The Anna Nicole Smith Story, Deadline reports. Landau will play the late pinup’s much older husband J. Howard Marshall, and Madsen will portray her mother Virgie.

Hawaii Five-0 has nabbed Tom Arnold to play the father of a Girl Scout who gets dragged into a case with McGarrett & Co., per TV Guide Magazine.

Avan Jogia (Victorious) has been cast as the lead in Socio, ABC Family’s Dexter-eqsue drama pilot about an alleged teenage sociopath, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (42)

• Wasn’t GG revealed to be Michelle Trachtenbergs character?

Comment by Lynette – October 5, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope she just took over when the real GG went on a break. After Georgina it was Serena (and then Nate?) before it went back to the original GG without revealing who she is.

Comment by DJ Doena – October 5, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah. It was revealed that when GG left her post after feeling guilty for having a part in Chuck and Blair’s accident, Georgina hacked into the website and changed the password so she could be the new GG. Then Serena became GG and then the original GG took over.

Comment by Talha – October 5, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope. She hacked the site and took it over when GG went silent…

Can we pretend that I didn’t know that?

Comment by Drew – October 5, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michelle was GG 2.0 ! After GG messed up and put Blair and Chuck into the hospital she stopped , and Michelle aka Georgina over took her position. After Georgina being over with Serena played GG for 5 eps, and now old GG is back!

Comment by Stay – October 5, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Gossip Girl is someone we dont know at all

Comment by Lindsey – October 5, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I kind of agree. I just don’t see how they could make GG any of the existing characters in a way that actually makes sense. It would just be contrived and ridiculous.
      That said, it would be awesome if they come up with some brilliant way to prove me wrong…

Comment by wordsmith – October 5, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jim Rash <3
    Cannot wait to see the episode!

Comment by Eliza – October 5, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! He got lots of acclaiim for his writing for the ‘Descendants’ movie, so I trust this won’t be any different in that regard. Cool news, I too look forward to that episode.

Comment by Angela – October 5, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure it’s Serena’s mom, otherwise why try to do a prelude series focusing on her teen years?

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 5, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it HAS to be Dorota at this point. If not it is one of the other Adults

Comment by ggny – October 5, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • also its kinda weird that Nate and Dorota never really had a scene together

Comment by ggny – October 5, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who even says that Gossip Girl has to actually be a girl? I think that it’ll be revealed that GG is actually Dan.
    #CHAIRFORNEVER

Comment by Canadian_JBS – October 5, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want Gossip Girl to be played by Kristen Bell. She’s the voice, so I’m already picturing her. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

Comment by Sarah – October 5, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!!

Comment by Lee – October 5, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes to this!!! And her character should be someone they know but we have never seen. Her agenda could be because she hates Blair and Serena and all of the upper east siders :))

Comment by JC – October 5, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by AB – October 5, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No it has to be Kristen Stewart but as an Au pair – nanny or something with a grudge someone that’s always around the upper east side and hears everything but no body actually takes any notice of

Comment by marc – October 7, 2012 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!

Comment by Ella – October 8, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch as Gossip Girl is revealed to be Nelly Yuki LOL (although I’m quite serious).

Comment by Kalee – October 5, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nelly is returning this season as a foe for Blair (and maybe a love interest for Dan since she had a crush for him?!).
      Mark my words: GG is ………VANYA
      AKA Serena’s doorman and Dorota’s husband

Comment by Hannah – October 7, 2012 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s going to happen with Andy and Erin?! Even though the new guy is cute, I don’t want my OTP to be broken up

Comment by Mila – October 5, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my! I love Ed Westwick’s accent <3 I knew he was British but never heard him before.

Comment by Olivia – October 5, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch Gossip Girl, but if they get Kristen Bell to actually be in the episode (since she’s the voice) i would definitely watch. I remember her saying in an interview a while back that she wants to play some random waitress or something that’s serving the characters their food and they don’t realize that she’s GG.

Comment by zan – October 5, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Mr. Shepherd, who got married in the first episode of GG and then threw a “divorce party” with his ex-wife on last season’s finale, is GG.

Comment by TMW – October 5, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surely it should be Kristen Bell?

Comment by CrimTV – October 5, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always said it was Eric.

Comment by Keenan – October 5, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know you love me. XOXO

Comment by GG – October 5, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope GG is Kristen Bell! Since she is the narrator have her appear as someone on the fringes that they all know but was never in their inner circle.

Comment by DeeKayTee – October 5, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she promptly puts a bullet to each of them and then the show ends. Its the only appropriate ending to this show really.

Comment by Hojana – October 6, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be Kristen Bell. It will be weird if they showed another actress be the GG and the voice don’t match (unless we don’t see her talking…)

Comment by Ethan – October 6, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love it if it was Kristen Bell! Like they could just do a scene in the last episode where Blair or Serena bumps into her and she’s like “remember me from school?” She could be like some wallflower no one paid attention to back at Constance Billard’s but was GG all along!

Comment by Celeste – October 6, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An average sized shed will measure about ten by twelve.
    But I will show you that everyone can do it with just a couple of tools very fast based on a proper design.
    More and more people realize the high value of vinyl
    products and items.

Comment by Gabriel – June 24, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything published made a lot of sense. However, what about this?
    suppose you were to create a awesome title? I am not saying your information isn’t solid, however what if you added a post title to maybe get a person’s attention?
    I mean [VIDEO] Gossip Girl Season Revealed in Season 6 – TVLine is kinda vanilla.
    You might look at Yahoo’s front page and see how they create article titles to get viewers to click. You might add a video or a pic or two to get people interested about everything’ve written.
    Just my opinion, it would bring your blog a little bit more interesting.

Comment by office furniture layout – July 19, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Their websites can be easily accessed on the internet. Gardening season adds a lot of chores to my writing day.
    It could be somewhat overwhelming to understand
    everything there is to know about gardening.

Comment by vegetable garden tips tricks – August 6, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • However, to get a more effective solution, take time and assess the traffic patterns with the carpeted areas of
    your house. Your carpet is probably not the most eye-catching feature in your home, however it can make a subtle difference be
    it clean and fresh or dirty and drab. At the same
    time frame, experienced Bristol carpet cleaners stake care in employing only friendly to the environment
    products.

Comment by carpet cleaning reviews – August 7, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They foresee that this strong Wyoming winds will only carry the divided chemical
    compositions of disintegrated plastics and other
    compostable squander into the air. remedies treat the origin of the problem,
    preventing further. But you should experiment with this sort
    of food to see the results.

Comment by acid reflux symptoms medicine – August 14, 2013 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The heart consists of cardiac muscle, which allows
    the hard to contract and relax as it pumps blood throughout the body.

You can slow or stop muscle atrophy through weight training and diet:.

Properly Adopt these small techniques and build
    your muscles and your body.

Comment by web page – December 9, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is best to perform a special type of exercises with some rest in between for your lower abs.
    You need to set up your weekly goals and again be specific.
    By doing intervals of those exercises, you may not
    only tone muscles but also burn excess body fat.

Comment by www2.webmasterradio.fm – February 5, 2014 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
    However imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this site could
    undeniably be one of the greatest in its field.
    Very good blog!

Comment by Kit – February 16, 2014 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will right away grasp your rss as I can’t find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Kindly let me understand in order that I may subscribe.

Thanks.

Comment by best atlanta seo company – February 17, 2014 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hurrah! After all I got a web site from where I know
    how to in fact obtain helpful facts concerning my study and knowledge.

Comment by music marketing-press music marketing: press promotion distribution – March 25, 2014 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post