Fox Bumps Touch to Midseason; Kitchen Nightmares Returns to Fill Friday Gap

Somewhere, Kiefer Sutherland may be letting loose with a Jack Bauer-like, “Damn it!”

Season 2 of the 24 alum’s Touch has been pushed back to midseason, Fox announced on Thursday. The adventure drama had been set to premiere its sophomore run – which moves the setting from New York City to Los Angeles, and adds Maria Bello (ER), Lukas Haas (24), Said Taghmaoui (G.I. Joe: The Rise of The Cobra) and Saxon Sharbino as series regulars — on Friday, Oct. 26.

RELATED | Touch Stages 24 Reunion, Recruits Lukas Haas as New Series Regular

Instead, Kitchen Nightmares will return on that date with new episodes, claiming the Fridays-at-8 time slot (leading into Fringe).

Touch is now scheduled to return in “January 2013,” with its Season 2 time slot TBD.

Comments (27)

• I don’t see the problem for Kiefer and Touch. Starting in January avoids all those pre-emptions of the holiday season. But why in God’s name do we need more Gordon Ramsey? Enough already!

Comment by BillK – October 4, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I won’t exactly miss seeing a random four digit number being inconceivably placed everywhere throughout the same episode. Kiefer deserves a better show.

Comment by TigerNightmare – October 4, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I absolutely agree. The holidays breaks have been known to kill a shows ratings when they return in Jan/Feb. Seems to me Touch is better off waiting. I can’t see Kitchen Nightmares as a lead in helping with Fringe lackluster ratings but it’s the last season so who cares, eh.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 4, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @tigerNightmare Kiefer is very passionate about this show. He wanted this show made and fought for its existence.

Comment by English – October 4, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Touch is too family friendly and kinda slow. Its not must-see tv for me. I just watch for Kiefer and the sometimes intriguing overarching storyline. So, I’m alright with this news.

Comment by Dean – October 4, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kitchen Nightmares, so this is excellent news.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – October 4, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts as well! I watch kitchen nightmares but find Touch to be such a snooze.

Comment by Mark – October 4, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they should stick it on Mondays? Mob Doctor is dead.

Fox is in trouble and needs more shows after their massive canceling last year.

Comment by David4 – October 4, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shoulda never cancelled 24

Comment by LindaP for Jack – October 4, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It wasn’t cancelled….it ended on it’s own I believe.

Comment by Shaun – October 4, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss “The Finder”!!!

Comment by Tanjerine – October 4, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too.. what a great show that was!

Comment by Had One – January 2, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m willing to bet Touch will end up in Fringe’s timeslot. I gave up on it midway through season 1, but with all the changes I might give it another go. Mainly for Kiefer!

Comment by Dizzle – October 4, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is kinda good news for me anyway since I watch Kitchen Nightmares and don’t watch Touch anyway.

Comment by Jack – October 4, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im surprised Fox keep Mob Doctor on air…

Comment by Roger – October 4, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. Tim Kring shows are awful. He had one good season of Heroes and everything after that has been garbage.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 4, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me thinks this will be the schedule:

Nov-
    8: KN
    9: Fringe

Feb-
    8: Hell’s Kitchen (Fox announced earlier they would have this on Fridays during the season)
    9: Touch

19 episodes were ordered for season 5 of KN, and Nov-Jan is only 11 episodes at the most. So look for KN to also be at Mon @8 pm (with Bones @9) after baseball (cuz The Mob Doctor will get canceled) until The Following is ready in January.

For me, this is great news, because later in the season will give Touch a better chance (especially if it’s on after Hell’s Kitchen) and I like KN too!

Comment by nick1372 – October 4, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAMMIT!!!!! All we have to look forward to is Dexter…realllllly hoping this doesn’t interfere with Dallas.

Comment by LindaP for Jack – October 4, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This kind of ticks me off considering the 24 movie was pushed back partially because of Sutherland’s commitment to Touch.

Comment by Robert – October 5, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, for one, love Touch. Hope this works out.

Comment by Mari Mayfield – October 5, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reason it’s not getting the ratings of a 24 or a Lost is that it’s a heart warming show. I love it, but I have a Wife of 15 years, two young children and I grew up with having moved over 200 hundred times and ended up in Foster Care at 12 years old.

Overcoming the odds just isn’t respected as it once was.

The general public doesn’t have the heartstrings anymore to wrap their brains around the brilliance of this show.

Comment by Benjamin – October 11, 2012 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for season 2. One of the best things to happen to tv in a long time.

Comment by Paula – October 13, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love Touch… hope this works out …you can have your kitchen stupid show,,,,,I
    wll see shows on other channels… this is very upsetting…but for tonite i have Revolution and on Thursdays Last Resort….Hope Fox does better by Touch.. January is a long time to wait

Comment by Angela Lastra – October 15, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Damnit” indeed

Comment by damnit – October 27, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Benjamin people don’t understand the brilliance of the show. People dissappoint me at what they will lower themselves to watch instead of Touch which is so smart and amazing.

Comment by Eve – October 28, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TV has been dumbed down for the masses for years, but every now and then a bright light like Touch comes along that is built around substance. Looking forward to series 2 when it arrives…this coming from a guy who watches very little tv in general.

Comment by Bruce – November 24, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first I was disappointed to see Touch moved. But In all, I’m glad as nothing ruins a show more than the repeated breaks in the fall for baseball playoffs, and the holidays.

Comment by Had One – January 2, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post