Body of Proof Exclusive: Ivan Sergei Scores Killer Role Opposite Jeri Ryan

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Ivan Sergei Body of ProofThis Just In: Jeri Ryan‘s love life on Body of Proof has a pulse!

The ABC procedural has tapped Ivan Sergei (Jack & Jill, Crossing Jordan) to guest star in Season 3 as a mysterious Ukrainian (named, coincidentally, Sergei) who catches the eye of Ryan’s Kate at a political event.

Unfortunately, they quickly get drawn into the murder of a young Russian girl — a mood killer if ever there was one.

RELATED | White Collar‘s Tim DeKay Books Head-Turning Body of Proof Stint

Sergei is currently recurring as an FBI agent on CBS’ The Mentalist.

Body of Proof is slated to return with its third season (and a rejiggered cast) in early 2013.

Comments (17)

• Well color me surprised when I only just realize Body of Proof was, not only renewed, but is now in season 3!?! What!?

Comment by dryedmangoez – October 4, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Umm, I thought the same thing! I had no idea it was still on the air. Huh.

Comment by KC – October 4, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent! This should be a season with a lot of spice to it.

Comment by Jill McLaren (@JillyMcBoP) – October 4, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s really cute for her, I cant wait till it starts.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – October 4, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With half the cast leaving and the show getting a 13 episode renewal (a midseason that is) this will probably be the last season. and they’re bringing new characters in?! -_-

Comment by anon123 – October 4, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I can see it getting another 2 or 3 seasons as filler to help it get enough episodes needed (88) to get a syndication deal.

Comment by nick1372 – October 6, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when will we see it in the uk?

Comment by tony – October 4, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony, expect it on Alibi in April or May next year…

Comment by Colin – October 4, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its not jeri its kate real

Comment by moli – October 16, 2012 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof is a decent show (in my opinion). It only has ratings issues because it’s not made for the ratings target (18-34). Not everything needs to be made for the “younger” crowd, I wish the tv networks would realize this.

As for “half the cast leaving” as put by anon123, I believe only 3 characters were not coming back from Season 2. The show certainly has more than 6 characters.

Comment by Leslie – October 17, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not the tv neworks that want the “younger crowd”. It’s the advertisers. If a show doesn’t get good A18-49 ratings, the advertisers will not pay to advertise their show.

Comment by nick1372 – October 18, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been missing ‘Body Of Proof’!!!! It and ‘Castle’ are my 2 favorites!!! I don’t do goofy comedies or ‘unreality’ TV. I want a show that is intelligent and not stupid!!!!

Comment by Rebecca – October 30, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love, love, love this site with all the original characters. I’m a Medical Assistant and I could relate to all the medical terms used. Can’t wait til they return keep up the good work

Comment by Kendra McLain – November 2, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why networks keep canceling the best shows. ABC if you get rid of the body of proff you’re stupid and also I have not started any new TV shows with any network this year I’m tired of getting involved in characters a great shows just to have the big wigs cancel them. example the Unforgetable. mercy. off of the map. Jane by Design. missing. no ordinary family. Life Unexpected. tell you what it looks like I’m going to stop watching TV and rent movies

Comment by Debbie scott – November 11, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the series and the chemistry between the actors. I was especially looking forward to the relationship growing between Megan and Peter. I guess we can all assume that Peter will have died trying to save her, since that’s where we left off. Or knowing episodic television maybe they’ll pretend that Peter never existed. Really really disappointed to find out about the cast changes. What’s the point of even bothering to bring the show back when half the cast is gone? :(

Comment by Nikki Gorey – November 20, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lov e this show 7 of 9 still looks hot remember voyager

Comment by gemininight – December 16, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good

Comment by gemininight – December 16, 2012 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post