Exclusive

Body of Proof Exclusive: Ivan Sergei Scores Killer Role Opposite Jeri Ryan

Ivan Sergei Body of ProofThis Just In: Jeri Ryan‘s love life on Body of Proof has a pulse!

The ABC procedural has tapped Ivan Sergei (Jack & Jill, Crossing Jordan) to guest star in Season 3 as a mysterious Ukrainian (named, coincidentally, Sergei) who catches the eye of Ryan’s Kate at a political event.

Unfortunately, they quickly get drawn into the murder of a young Russian girl — a mood killer if ever there was one.

RELATED | White Collar‘s Tim DeKay Books Head-Turning Body of Proof Stint

Sergei is currently recurring as an FBI agent on CBS’ The Mentalist.

Body of Proof is slated to return with its third season (and a rejiggered cast) in early 2013.

1. dryedmangoez says:

Well color me surprised when I only just realize Body of Proof was, not only renewed, but is now in season 3!?! What!?

2. Excellent! This should be a season with a lot of spice to it.

3. He’s really cute for her, I cant wait till it starts.

4. anon123 says:

With half the cast leaving and the show getting a 13 episode renewal (a midseason that is) this will probably be the last season. and they’re bringing new characters in?! -_-

• nick1372 says:

Actually, I can see it getting another 2 or 3 seasons as filler to help it get enough episodes needed (88) to get a syndication deal.

5. tony says:

when will we see it in the uk?

6. moli says:

its not jeri its kate real

7. Leslie says:

Body of Proof is a decent show (in my opinion). It only has ratings issues because it’s not made for the ratings target (18-34). Not everything needs to be made for the “younger” crowd, I wish the tv networks would realize this.

As for “half the cast leaving” as put by anon123, I believe only 3 characters were not coming back from Season 2. The show certainly has more than 6 characters.

• nick1372 says:

It’s not the tv neworks that want the “younger crowd”. It’s the advertisers. If a show doesn’t get good A18-49 ratings, the advertisers will not pay to advertise their show.

8. Rebecca says:

I have been missing ‘Body Of Proof’!!!! It and ‘Castle’ are my 2 favorites!!! I don’t do goofy comedies or ‘unreality’ TV. I want a show that is intelligent and not stupid!!!!

9. Kendra McLain says:

I absolutely love, love, love this site with all the original characters. I’m a Medical Assistant and I could relate to all the medical terms used. Can’t wait til they return keep up the good work

10. Debbie scott says:

I don’t understand why networks keep canceling the best shows. ABC if you get rid of the body of proff you’re stupid and also I have not started any new TV shows with any network this year I’m tired of getting involved in characters a great shows just to have the big wigs cancel them. example the Unforgetable. mercy. off of the map. Jane by Design. missing. no ordinary family. Life Unexpected. tell you what it looks like I’m going to stop watching TV and rent movies

11. Nikki Gorey says:

Loved the series and the chemistry between the actors. I was especially looking forward to the relationship growing between Megan and Peter. I guess we can all assume that Peter will have died trying to save her, since that’s where we left off. Or knowing episodic television maybe they’ll pretend that Peter never existed. Really really disappointed to find out about the cast changes. What’s the point of even bothering to bring the show back when half the cast is gone? :(

12. gemininight says: