What to Watch Wednesday: Supernatural Is Back, a Presidential Debate, Delicious Bacon and More

On TV this Wednesday: Supernatural‘s back with a hell purgatory of a premiere, X Factor contestants hit boot camp, the music stops for Oh Sit! and the candidates go head-to-head in the first presidential debate. All told, we picked 10 programs to keep on your radar tonight.

8 pm The X Factor (Fox) | Boot camp time! Those who made it through the live auditions travel to Miami for the next level of competition: a series of singing, dancing and performance challenges that will help Simon, Britney, Demi and L.A. cull the best of the best.

8 pm Oh Sit! (The CW) | Season finale: The Vampire Diaries‘ Kat Graham sings her song “Heartkiller” on the already renewed musical chairs game show’s Season 1 closer.

8 pm WWE Main Event (ION) | Series premiere: The newest addition to the pro-wrestling pantheon features in-ring action and continues storylines from Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.

8 pm The Middle (ABC) | After getting fired from the car dealership, Frankie is determined to go to school and get a real career (get scoop); Sue mentors a freshman (played by Bunheads‘ Bailey Buntain).

8:30 pm The Neighbors (ABC) | In the spirit of our Two Free Passes rule, I’m letting you know the sitcom makes its regular time slot premiere tonight when the Weavers take the Bird-Kersees to the mall.

RELATED | Save the Dates: 65 October Premieres & Finales!

9 pm Presidential Debate (All Major Networks) | President Barack Obama and GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney debate domestic policy at the University of Denver. NewsHour‘s Jim Lehrer moderates the two-hour event.

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Season 8 premiere: Sam and Dean are back together again! But the reunion might not be as happy as you’d hope. (Get some scoopy bits.)

9 pm Ghost Hunters (Syfy) | TAPS investigates a fort used as a sanctuary for Jewish refugees during World War II.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on 47 Shows

10 pm Life After Top Chef (Bravo) | Series premiere: Follow former Top Chef contestants Richard Blais and Spike Mendelsohn (Season 4), Jen Carroll (Season 6) and Fabio Viviani (Season 5) as they go about their culinary careers.

10 pm Bacon Paradise 2 (Travel Channel) | Given the shortage freakout and new innovations in the BLT, this porky installment of the Food Paradise series could not have come at a better time.

Comments (29)

• Nothing to watch for me this wednesday.

Comment by Balaji K – October 3, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Survivor followed by some catching up over the week haven’t watched last nights sons of anarchy or raisin hope yet

Comment by Tt – October 3, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would watch the debate but I rather read about it the next morning. I wish SVU was on instead, don’t get me wrong voting is very important.

Comment by icywinter2 – October 3, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no modern family?

Comment by dave – October 3, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am pretty sure ABC counts as a “major network” showing the debate. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

Comment by Danyelle – October 3, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Modern Family tonight. Instead we get an hour next week.

Comment by Amanda – October 3, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those guys are stingy with their episodes. ABC is pumped up they can already take a week off so their 12 episodes will last 8 months. An hour next week would be nice, but America is stingy. 2 of anything we like would have to be some anomaly or expectant of an extra charge on my cable bill.

Comment by Sofia Vergara's fake accent – October 3, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Umm…

Modern Family isn’t in tonight because of the debate. It’s back for a full hour next week to make up for that.

Comment by Rrrrrr – October 3, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL!!!
    This season looks all kinds of awesome and I think it will make up for the season 7 fiasco! Wednesdays should help its case!

Comment by POIFanatic – October 3, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch wwe main event since I’m a wwe fan and there is nothing else I like during 8 and then supernatural I guess….

Comment by Jose – October 3, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention of Survivor? This is shaping up to be a pretty good season so far. Tonight Michael’s bleeding from the face!

Comment by TMW – October 3, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • animal practice and guys with kids,..
    then obv i will watch the debate so i can see if i know who i wanna vote for. have no idea right now

Comment by L – October 3, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe no one is watching the debate! Granted politics is usually as exciting as…well CSPAN, but this year has been really interesting, I even watched the primary debates, I couldn’t believe the stuff they were saying and doing up on stage. Well I hope everyone still goes out and votes.

Comment by moobear – October 3, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carry on my wayward son
    There’ll be peace when you are done.
    Lay you weary head to rest.
    Don’t you cry no more.
    S.U.P.E.R.N.A.T.U.R.A.L.

Comment by Velvet – October 3, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Kansas. I always crank up my TV and rock out when Supernatural opens with Kansas.

Comment by Velvet – October 3, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Xfactor and Supernatural….then a movie because 10pm is boring.

Comment by Shaun – October 3, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural
    The Middle
    The Neighbors
    Animal Practice
    Ghost Hunters

Comment by Velvet – October 3, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happily, PBS is airing Sharp’s Challenge during the debate hours. It’s all good. No need to watch the The Smoke and Mirrors Traveling Show.

Comment by Templar – October 3, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural! I am so thrilled it is back. I’ve been a fan from the very beginning, and love it more and more each year.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 3, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural! Sooo excited it’s back!!!

Comment by Chelsea – October 3, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally time for the Supernatural premiere I have been waiting for so many month!

Comment by Kreshnik – October 3, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BELLA ALMOST AWESOME FANTANTIC SUPERIOR FAN(S) 8-10???.;!!
      DEAN and SAM WINCHESTER.;!! CASS TOO.;!! TOO BOB SINGER.;!!

Comment by Beverly Diane – October 3, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the debate. because informed voting is a GOOD THING.

Comment by murley – October 3, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In other words, nothing to watch this wed. but next week Nashville & Arrow will def. get my view.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – October 3, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle and Dragons:Riders of Berk (on Cartoon Network) for me.

Comment by nick1372 – October 3, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it hilarious Fox is cutting off the debate a half hour early to make sure they are able to air a full hour of X-Factor. (Maybe that’s just happening with my state’s network affiliate and not others, I dunno). But why not just air the full debate from 7-9, have X-Factor run from 9-10, and then do the news from 10-11? Is it a live show? I wouldn’t know, I don’t watch it. But it’s still kind of ridiculous they’re making that decision to cut off the debate. Why is Fox even bothering to air the debate at all if they feel like they have other priorities that must air over its final half hour?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 3, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The x-factor is stupid show anyways, lame. It’s clear that Fox would rather put on some stupid reality show than air something very important like the debate. Voting is more important that the x-factor.

Comment by icywinter2 – October 3, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s obviously going to get a season 9 at least cos mark pedowitz loves the show, and not in seasons but who thinks supernatural is going to beat smallville in episodes.and I mean the realistic people not the crazies who think it’s going to run longer than law and order.

Comment by Martin – October 3, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post