Yang-tastic Psych Scoop: Ally Sheedy Returns for Musical Episode

She’s baaaaaack.

Like a bad penny, Ally Sheedy is set to return to Psych for Season 7 — and not for any garden-variety episode either.

TVLine has confirmed that the onetime Brat Packer will reprise her role as criminal mastermind/serial killer Yang in the USA Network series’ two-hour musical episode.

RELATEDPsych Exclusive: Look Who’s Crushing on Gus!

Sheedy’s latest encore was being kept under wraps — that is, until Psych star Dulé Hill shared a photo of her on set via Twitter, with the hashtags #AllySheedy and #PsychMusical.

RELATEDPsych @ Comic-Con: Fantastic Season 7 — and Beyond! — Scoop, and a Major Character Death?

Rocky Horror Picture Show alum Barry Bostwick recently signed up to play a Santa Barbara theater owner in the singing-and-dancing event; Brooke Lyons (2 Broke Girls) and Anthony Rapp (Rent) will be on (jazz) hand for the special, as well. And, in keeping with the series’ affection for all things Breakfast Clubby, Anthony Michael Hall is set to show up in Season 7 — though not necessarily during the musical — as an oddball police consultant.

Comments (20)

• Has a premiere date been announced yet?

Comment by aleksa – October 3, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • January 16th 2013

Comment by abby – October 3, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. As of Wednesday at 7 pm EST, there is still zero word.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 3, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • feb 27

Comment by hanna – December 24, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is beautiful.

Comment by Gilda – October 3, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping we would know when Psych is coming back by now, they announced everything else. COME ON USA!!!

Comment by Ram510 – October 3, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well that is unexpected for a musical episode, cool. now give me a premiere date already dammit

Comment by Alan – October 3, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t Wait!

Comment by adam – October 3, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s important for me to express how excited i am to see Anthony Rapp oh Psych!!!
    i love him ( and all things Rent) and see him on one of my favorite shows is very exciting!!!
    i would love to know when this show will air so i can start my countdown

Comment by Melissa – October 3, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the telemundo episode, so I really looking forward to the musical one. So love this show!

Comment by Stormy – October 3, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was one of my favorites too! I’m starting to think the only genre they haven’t done is a silent film.

Comment by moobear – October 3, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any idea what’s holding up the premiere date being announced?

Comment by Josh – October 3, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. It needs to be back on air. I am not at musical episode fan but this sounds interesting and funny.

Comment by patti – October 3, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having Psych withdrawl! Please…we need new episodes.

Comment by Stacy – October 4, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What Channel is it on if you don’t have cable?…

Comment by ami – October 4, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the return of Psych!!! This sounds like it’s sure to be a GREAT season opener! “all things Breakfast Clubby” LOVE IT!

Comment by Penny L – October 5, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh psych comes back February 27!! I’m sad and happy at the same times cus it’s so far… But I’m happy that they unless told us the date… Can’t wait!!!

Comment by Fernanda – October 10, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so looking forward to the sweet deliciousness of another new Pysch episode, even if I have to wait until February next year. Don’t say anything bad about my boy, James Rody, or his appearance. He and Dule are incredibly talented and handsome, no matter what.

Comment by Ginger Ross – October 11, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IMDb shows episode 7.1 to air on Feb. 27 2013. If that’s right I’m totally depressed to have to wait that long. :(

Comment by kyllan – November 26, 2012 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post