Exclusive

Parenthood Exclusive: Californication's Pamela Adlon to Make Trouble for Adam and Crosby

Crosby and Adam are about to get the neighbor from hell on Parenthood.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Californication‘s Pamela Adlon is joining NBC’s make-you-verklempt family drama as Marlana, an acerbic and rude woman who moves into the building next to the Braverman brothers’ music studio, The Luncheonette.

After having dropped a fortune on her posh new pad, Marlana is furious about the noise coming from Crosby and Adam’s place of business and eventually files a complaint with the city.

Adlon, who plays the drug-addled ex-wife of Evan Handler’s Charlie on the raunchy Showtime comedy but is perhaps best known for giving voice to Bobby Hill on King of the Hill, is set to appear in at least two episodes.

1. tp says:

Noise coming from a music studio?!!! Outrageous!

2. Ergh says:

She was also recurring on the first two seasons of Louie.

3. nolamomma says:

“…is perhaps best known for giving voice to Bobby Hill on King of the Hill…”

I’m pretty sure she’s best known for playing Dolores Rebchuck in modern-day masterpiece Grease 2.

• LC says:

Wow! Did not make that connection even one little bit! And when I was a kid, I used to watch that movie all the time. Dolores was one of my favorite characters. That’s hysterical! Guess she got over her awkward stage!

• Nancy says:

I’m glad someone else mentioned it. She’ll always be Woodchuck to me.

4. EveatEden says:

OMG I did not realize that was her!

5. I’ve loved her since Bed of Roses so I’m super excited to see her on one of my favorite shows, but you’re telling me that someone “dropped a fortune” on a new place & didn’t do a bit of research on the neighborhood first? There’s got to be more to this if she’s going to be in 2 episodes. because I can’t imagine how resolving this would take more than a “Sorry. We were here first. Shoulda done your research.”

6. drhenning says:

Ummm She’s not currently Charlie’s wife.. Ex-Wife he still has hots for but married to Stu the producer played by Stephen Tobolowsky

7. tay says:

Sigh, at least its not Crosby & jasmine.

she can cause all the trouble she wants then.

8. purplesushi says:

Perhaps she should’ve checked out the neighborhood a little more closely before purchasing the property??? Just sayin’…..

9. Marshadarsha says:

Fab voice artist! Bring her on!!