Parenthood Exclusive: Californication's Pamela Adlon to Make Trouble for Adam and Crosby

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Crosby and Adam are about to get the neighbor from hell on Parenthood.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Californication‘s Pamela Adlon is joining NBC’s make-you-verklempt family drama as Marlana, an acerbic and rude woman who moves into the building next to the Braverman brothers’ music studio, The Luncheonette.

After having dropped a fortune on her posh new pad, Marlana is furious about the noise coming from Crosby and Adam’s place of business and eventually files a complaint with the city.

Adlon, who plays the drug-addled ex-wife of Evan Handler’s Charlie on the raunchy Showtime comedy but is perhaps best known for giving voice to Bobby Hill on King of the Hill, is set to appear in at least two episodes.

Comments (14)

• Noise coming from a music studio?!!! Outrageous!

Comment by tp – October 3, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was also recurring on the first two seasons of Louie.

Comment by Ergh – October 3, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love her on Louie. So, so funny.

Comment by CJ – October 3, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is how I’m familiar with her. And I really hope she eventually returns, loved her relationship with Louie. But in the meantime, I’m looking forward to seeing her in this.

Comment by Superhero – October 3, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “…is perhaps best known for giving voice to Bobby Hill on King of the Hill…”

I’m pretty sure she’s best known for playing Dolores Rebchuck in modern-day masterpiece Grease 2.

Comment by nolamomma – October 3, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow! Did not make that connection even one little bit! And when I was a kid, I used to watch that movie all the time. Dolores was one of my favorite characters. That’s hysterical! Guess she got over her awkward stage!

Comment by LC – October 4, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad someone else mentioned it. She’ll always be Woodchuck to me.

Comment by Nancy – October 4, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Some people call her Woodchuck or Upchuck, but I believe she prefers Dolores :)

Comment by nolamomma – October 5, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I did not realize that was her!

Comment by EveatEden – October 4, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved her since Bed of Roses so I’m super excited to see her on one of my favorite shows, but you’re telling me that someone “dropped a fortune” on a new place & didn’t do a bit of research on the neighborhood first? There’s got to be more to this if she’s going to be in 2 episodes. because I can’t imagine how resolving this would take more than a “Sorry. We were here first. Shoulda done your research.”

Comment by Amanda Millwood (@amandamillwood) – October 4, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm She’s not currently Charlie’s wife.. Ex-Wife he still has hots for but married to Stu the producer played by Stephen Tobolowsky

Comment by drhenning – October 4, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh, at least its not Crosby & jasmine.

she can cause all the trouble she wants then.

Comment by tay – October 4, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perhaps she should’ve checked out the neighborhood a little more closely before purchasing the property??? Just sayin’…..

Comment by purplesushi – October 4, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fab voice artist! Bring her on!!

Comment by Marshadarsha – October 5, 2012 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post