'Heeeere's Jessie!' Get a First Look at the Disney Series' Season-Opening Shining Spoof

Disney Channel’s Jessie has scared up something special for its Season 2 premiere (airing this Friday at 8:30/7:30c) — a Halloween-themed installment that turns the title character into the nanny from hell. (Er, make that heck, kiddies!)

RELATED | Disney Channel Renews Good Luck, Charlie for Season 4

In “The Whining,” Jessie’s charges grow concerned that history is repeating itself after a scary old doorman tells them a building legend about a nanny who did “something terrible” to the kids in her care on Halloween — presumably something worse than not letting them watch Phineas and Ferb. Cue the spine-tingling, The Shining-ing clip below, with series star Debby Ryan looking positively mad. Press PLAY, then scroll down for more.

Loading video...

Jessie‘s haunting half-hour is part of Disney Channel’s “Monstober” programming block, which kicks off Friday at 8 with the A.N.T. Farm episode “mutANTfarm II” and also includes Gravity Falls‘ “Summerween,” Fish Hooks‘ “Unfinished Dog Business”/”Chicks Dig Vampires and, come Sunday, Good Luck, Charlie‘s “Le Halloween” (watch an exclusive clip) and Austin & Ally‘s “Costumes & Courage.” Then, on Friday-the-not-as-scary-12th, Disney premiers the original movie Girl Vs. Monster, starring Olivia Holt (Kickin’ It).

Comments (9)

• These are kids, so the odds that they know what the Shinning is or have seen it are remote, heh. Maybe they saw The Simpsons’ spoof of that movie.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 3, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve tried watching this show a couple of times with my kid. I just cannot stand it. The kids are just too snotty.

Comment by Margie – October 3, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy that’s my favorite show

Comment by Samantha – October 3, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We LOVE Jessie!!! Best show new show in a long time since Good Luck Charlie.

Comment by Lorie – October 3, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what’s with the disney channel news lately :p

Comment by Jenny – October 3, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wtf is that? How is that comedy?

Comment by Im TinkerBell (@MadameGigglez) – October 3, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was the first time I’ve ever seen a clip from that show. That was surprisingly entertaining.

Comment by Nicole – October 3, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care how old I am, I love this show. lol It’s hilarious.

Comment by cindy (@cindydesigns) – October 3, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cameron Boyce (Luke) is sex on legs. Pop my ovaries are gone, but really he should become a Ralph Lauren model or something, because I want to see more of that body.

Comment by Emily – October 3, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post