Ratings: Five-0 Ties Low Castle As Revolution Dominates Hour; Mob Doctor Now Critical

CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 this Monday mildly rebounded from its soft Season 3 premiere/series low rating, rising a tenth to 1.9. As such it tied ABC’s Castle, which slipped 10 percent week-to-week to match an all-time low.

NBC’s Revolution meanwhile again dominated the 10 o’clock hour with a 3.2 rating, down just two tenths from its second episode. Castle, however, drew the most total viewers in the time slot, with 10.3 million. (Revolution and Five-0 delivered 8.7 mil and 7.7 mil, respectively.)

RELATED | Proud Peacock: NBC Wins Premiere Week for First Time in 9 Years, As Network Rivals Dip

Among the night’s biggest drops, Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars (12.2 mil/2.0) plunged 13 and 20 percent from last week’s premiere (hitting an all-time demo low), while Fox’s Mob Doctor fell 23 percent to a 1.0 rating and slipped to 3.5 million total viewers.

Elsewhere on Monday….

* On the CBS sitcom front, How I Met Your Mother (8.2 mil/3.2) and Partners (5.7 mil/2.1) both dipped 11 percent in the demo, while 2 Broke Girls (9 mil/3.4) and Mike & Molly (8.5 mil/2.9) only slipped a few percentage points, with the former standing as the night’s highest-rated scripted fare.

* Bones opened Fox’s night with 6.9 million total viewers and a 2.1, down 9 percent week-to-week.

* Setting the table for Revolution, The Voice upticked a bit to 12.32 mil and a 4.5, besting all comers in both measures.

* The CW’s presentation of the iHeartRadio Music Festval drew 1.72 mil and a 0.7, up more than 300 percent from the L.A. Complex finale.

What were you tuned into this Monday night?

1. bravo. maybe we’ll finally have a serialized show that is a hit.

• SJ says:

Uh, Revenge? Once Upon a Time?

• I’m clearly talking about Dancing With The Stars.

• DW says:

Revenge is good, but OUAT is so boring! I have seen 15 episodes of it! What Michael is trying to say is, a serialized (not procedural, else POI would be considered) show that has a little bit of sci-fi aspect to it is finally becoming a hit and is achieving its potential after a long time on a major network.

• Emily says:

OUAT almost lost me. It may still have, but I watched Sunday’s premiere and they basically rebooted the show, so as long as they stay away from fluff episodes like “Dreamy” (ugh), count me back in.

• Ally Oop says:

OUAT remains a bubble show for me. Hawaii 5-0 has lost me–it’s just gotten too procedural for my liking.

2. tvaddict says:

I’m glad Revolution is doing well. Last night was a really good episode and it seems to be getting better every week!

3. Adam says:

Last nite episode of Revolution was amazing and my family can’t wait to see more. Im glad Revolution is doing good.

4. meem says:

I haven’t seen episode 3 yet (wasn’t home last night), but two eps in, all I kept thinking about “Revolution” is “This is ‘Jericho,’ only not nearly as good.” Am I the only one who remembers that show?

• Elyse says:

watching Jericho on Netflix right now and i don’t think the shows are anything alike.

• Rachel says:

I always meant to watch that show and never got to it. If it is that similar, I suppose I’d really like it!

• Lemai66 Tv says:

I agree. It also has a mysterious African-Aerican with an operational computer. Can we hope for Skeet Ulrich

• eridapo says:

After Jericho, The Event, and Flash Forward I’m leery of this type of show….. What Revolution has that those shows didn’t have and why it seems to be more successful is The Voice. Without the Voice, Revolution would be an also ran to H50 and Castle. The Voice is giving it an opportunity to develop, and if the stories hold it will stay on the air.

The only caution with Revolution is that although the demos are still in the 3s, it lost 2 full points and 4M viewers from the Voices 930 numbers….

• DW says:

That maybe because The Voice is family friendly show in the music genre, but Revolution is a more mature action-drama with widely differing demographic attracted to it.

• Ally Oop says:

Lol. The Voice is NOT family-friendly. Between Xtina’s cleavage and the constant bleeping out of swearwords, I hesitate to hesitate to call it family friendly.

• Jason says:

You nailed it, my friend.

5. lv2bnsb says:

Very dissappointing that Castle was low because it was such an amazing episode. We enjoyed it so much! All I can think is that ABC has been doing such a poor job promoting the show, So very unfortunate!

• I totally agree. If it were not for the amazing following of Castle, the show would have been cancelled years ago. Last nights ep 2 was one of the best with better eps planned for the season. The rating system is archaic and does not take into consideration the many viewing optionss available to viewers today. Castle rules!

• Symce says:

DTWS is currently a bad lead-in. Revolution which I just cant get a taste for, has a good lead-in with the Voice, and it’s new, so ppl watch that, and dvr shows like H5o and Castle, which makes perfect sense. I’m predicting Revolution to slowly lose some audience, and h50 and castle regaining a little of it’s demo’s.

DTWS as a whole is just getting stale though, I’d rather watch the Voice.

6. Castle was trending on Twitter, get glue and every other place. The number do not reflect online tv viewing, itune downloads or Amazon purchases. Castle has the best fandom on tv today and will once again win its time slot. Your numbers are a bit off in comparison to other ratings available online. I attempted to watch Revolution but was thwarted by the violence. Monday belongs to Castle!

• wrstlgirl says:

“Castle has the best fandom on tv today”. Well I’m sure there are a lot of other fandoms who say the same thing. And there’s no violence on Castle??

• TM says:

Aside from the dead bodies, which are not by a long shot as gross and graphic as those on other crime-shows, no, not really. I think Melody Baker meant that it’s not as shocking or bloody.

• leola says:

I agree w/ TM, Castle is not as gross nor do the editors hold on any graphic images unless it’s absolutely necessary to the storyline and even then, it’s quite tame. I just don’t understand where the “Nielsen” numbers come from anymore. I talk about Castle online and w/ friends more than reflected. Heck even at a local football game last week had conversations about the premiere ep. This is a fun show and I’d say on Twitter, it’s a toss up of popularity between Castle and NCIS.

• JC says:

Companies who buy advertising on Castle (or any other show) don’t give a rats a$$ about Twitter trends or Get Glue check ins. Those stats are meaningless to shows renewal chances. Advertising sales are what drive network TV programming decisions. All of the rest is meaningless.

• Lola says:

Listen, I like Castle and I LOVE Nathan Fillion. I would be happy as a clam if Castle went on for another few years. It’s a solid show with a great cast. But: a. no one cares about online views, itunes downloads or Amazon purchases. Is that rational? No, but it’s the truth. b. It didn’t win its timeslot in the demo, which is all that matters really. Revolution did.

• DW says:

So you think Vampire Diaries has a bigger fandom than The Voice!! BS!! -_-

• Mike says:

No, I’m pretty sure most people would say Community has te best fandom today, that show has even worse ratings yet it in its fourth season.

• Gem says:

Heck yeah it does! People may love Castle but only Community fans send paintballs and evil Abed goatees to Execs. Six seasons and a movie!

• Eridapo says:

The problem is not so much Castlevbut the collapse of DWTS. Last year DTWS, was in the 3s for the demo and 18M viewers. Now it barely gets you a 2.0 which is the same as Castle.

The Voice obviously came in and decimated DWTS, but it also took out the CBS lineup and Fox.

Revolution is benefiting from the huge lead in advantage provided by the Voice. The Voice’s last half hour is a 5.0 in the demo. Even if Revolution loses 40% of that it will still average a 3.0 show. H50 has a better lead in than Castle. Mike and Molly is still hitting a 2.9, but H50 is losing a full point of that.

H50 and Castle have obviously been affected, but H50 more so than Castle. H50 went from a 2.7 average last spring to 1.9 now. Castle went with 2.0 to 2.2 average in the spring to a 1.9.

Revolution is losing a couple of tenths a week, but who knows where it will settle.

• DW says:

I’ll point this out – ‘Smash’ lost tons of viewers after its premiere even with ‘The Voice’ as a lead in last year even while being in the same genre. If memory serves right, its third episode had 6-6.3 million viewers. Also, don’t forget that little show which was after ‘Modern Family’ (5.1+ in the adult demo) last season and was still losing more than half the ratings.
        Now, ‘Revolution’ had 4.1/11.6 premiere and generally if a show loses just a quarter of its premiere ratings as they go on, its considered a huge win – 3.2/8.7 (22% down in the coveted category) in the third episode is therefore fantastic since its also been the highest rated freshman drama across all the networks. For the record, I enjoy the show.
        I agree that ‘Castle’ is holding steady and if it goes to a 2.0 rating regularly, it’ll be fine while DWTS and H50 are in deep trouble.

7. wrstlgirl says:

Loving Revolution, it gets better every week as the story unfolds. Still not impressed with the female lead, she’s very bland and unconvincing but I can overlook that. I loved Jericho and miss this type of show on my TV.

8. Ethel says:

Monday does belong to Castle. Now, if we could get rid of that pesky Monday NIght Football, Castle will win the rating war every week. He gets recorded, football is watched live.

• JC says:

Did you see the DVR number for last week? Revolution crushed Castle. Get rid of MNF? Surely you’re joking and/or delusional. Have you noticed that football doesn’t seem to hurt Revolution? Maybe Castle and H50 have lost their appeal to many viewers and football is not a factor in their ratings decline.

• Jake says:

Re “Monday Night Football”, yes, I do believe Ethel is joking. You probably can’t tell because you appear to be a Revolution fanboi. and take everything all too seriously, including that overwrought show: Ooh, the laws of physics don’t work anymore – completely plausible…what?

• eridapo says:

Actually all 3 shows at 10PM gained a ton of viewers from DVR. Revolution had one of the highest DVR playback but so did Castle and H50. Clearly the 10PM slot on Mondays is the DVR hour. Last year, I watch Castle and DVR H50. This year I still watch Castle, but I DVR H50 and Revolution. I will watch these two tonight because there is nothing else to watch after NCIS.

• leigh says:

Castle is doing okay. It always has been. It is advertised very little and still has a huge audience. Also MNF does affect it as ABC affiliates in the viewing area carry the games. Therefore castle is not on in those areas. Therefore viewers cannot watch it. So while I do not MNF to go away it doesn’t help. And people are watching it so lets see how the next couple of weeks play out. I love how a show can draw 10 million viewers but score a low demo and vice versa.

• Templar says:

Recorded shows count for nothing because people ff through the commercials making the advertising worthless.

9. Andrea says:

I still think Castle will be fine. It’s not doing as well but that’s also in part because DWTS is doing poorly. Caslte is still the most watched 10pm show for ABC, and it’s demo is on par with other shows. It was expected that shows would drop after premire week. Shows at 10pm are pulling in low numbers across the board. Castle is doing well all things considered.

• eridapo says:

You are right. All the 10PM shows on ABC are hovering around the 2.0 demo. The difference between them is that Castle has about 3 to 4 million more viewers. There is also the fact that Scandal could not hold Greys 4.1 lead in, and 666 couldn’t hold Revenge’s 3.2. Both came in at 2.1.

10. Den says:

Sad you guys didn’t post a Castle recap this week :( It was a great episode, I couldn’t stop myself from squealing and smiling every 5 minutes haha! They are doing such a great job of showing us their relationship. It’s very refreshing to see the transition go so seamlessly, without altering the dynamics of the show. Bravo, Marlowe.

DVR’d Revolution, gonna watch now :)

11. Dean says:

I finally became a hardcore fan of Revolution after last night’s AWESOME episode! Everything just clicked within the characters, the writing was intense and I’m truly invested in the characters. More people need to see this fantastic show. Its slowly evolving into something quite special.
    Castle was fun as always, but the case was somewhat boring. Looking at those numbers, I just hope it makes it to another season.

12. BamaEd says:

I hate to admit it, but I’m watching Revolution to see how bad it can get. It’s like a SyFy movie, to me at least. I have issues with it but can’t stop watching. I did start watching because it seemed interesting, but know…Commence the verbal flogging.

13. jennae says:

Castle is readily available on demand the next day, Revolution isn’t available from Verizon unless you have an HD reciever. If I wasn’t so dedicated to Castle, I’d watch Revolution live to avoid the hassle of going to find it online.

If alternate viewing options affect how I watch tv, I can only imagine how it affects how non-tech savvy people watch it.

14. rachelle says:

seriously, why isn’t Castle getting more viewers??? what is wrong with America????

• Elyse says:

apparently America doesn’t like Castle.

• Elena says:

Rachelle,

Castle actually is getting A LOT of viewers. It won the night in viewers watching live (about 2-3 million more than both Revolution and H50 without DVR…with DVR it broke the 13 million mark) and is ABC’s 3rd most popular drama. Its total number of viewers actually has it keeping pace with “ratings juggernauts” Grey’s Anatomy and Once Upon A Time. It is also gaining far more viewers than Revenge, which is also considered to be a ratings success.

So, it is doing quite well with number of viewers. ABC won Monday night with number of viewers two Mondays in a row BECAUSE of Castle (and no thanks to an ever-weakening DWTS). I’m not just saying that, either. Several sources, namely The Hollywood Reporter, gave Castle all the credit for bringing ABC the crown for most viewers on 9/24 and 10/1. The thing with the demo ratings all has to do with ad sales and reaching target audiences. It’s a really archaic way of measuring ratings because, according to some system created decades ago in the days before conveniences like DVR, iTunes, etc., people in the 18-49 year old age group are the people who spend the most money on products they see advertised on tv. So, by randomly selecting a tiny sample of households (called Nielsen families) across the US to track what they’re watching on tv, ad companies and networks determine how many people in the magical 18-49 year old demographic are watching a given show at a time. There are so many problems with this system and, more and more, networks are beginning to catch on to these issues. For one thing, so many people record their favorite shows on DVRs because it is convenient and allows them to watch more TV shows. Networks can’t punish TV shows bc it has become more convenient to DVR and watch later than it is to watch live. Most networks are beginning to look at the “Live +3 ratings,” which measures how many people watch a show recorded on their DVRs within 3 days of its original broadcast, and take those numbers into account when they evaluate how well a show is doing. Like I said earlier, Castle gained 2.5 million viewers bc of the Live +3 ratings bringing it to 13 million viewers watching its season premiere. 13 million viewers is nothing to sneeze at and ABC cannot deny Castle’s popularity.

Some people will counter that the Live +3 ratings don’t count for anything bc people fast forward thru the commercials, so those views are worthless to ad companies (which suggests those views are also worthless to the network and do not help shows at whatsoever). That’s not what the latest evidence and articles about TV ratings show, though. An article I read on the Times’ online edition talked all about the rising importance of the Live +3 ratings when it comes to evaluating a show’s success since networks can no longer deny the changes in ratings trends caused by such conveniences as DVR. Currently, the Live +3 ratings are not made readily available to the public unless it’s after a special occasion (i.e. premiere week), so the standard ratings are the only ones we have to refer to at this point.

It should also be pointed out that the focus solely on the 18-49 demo is shifting. Though it is still currently the most influential group, it is no longer the sole litmus test for success. The 25-54 demo is also quickly becoming significant as well. Castle earned a 2.6 in that demo with Monday’s episode. By all accounts, that is a very respectable number for any show in the typically tough 10pm time slot. (It should also be noted that Castle is ABC’s overall top performer in the 10pm time slot when it comes to viewers.) Another article I read just this morning was saying how TV ad sales are increasing and producing more and more revenue despite the shrinking live TV audience. So, the shrinking demo numbers don’t seem as ominous as maybe they would have been several years ago.

Anyway, the point is, Castle is doing just fine. It may not “seem” like it…and people are quick to look at the 1.9 and say, “Uh-oh, Castle’s in trouble” but, in reality, it’s really not. It is also one show who has largely maintained its numbers over the years. It’s never been a ratings smash (like Grey’s or OUAT) but it’s always been a hit with audiences and most critics. Castle has no control over the demo. All it can do is keep bringing its loyal audience back and holding down the fort (viewership-wise) for ABC in the Monday at 10pm slot.

15. GK says:

First epi was alright, not too good, not bad either but lots of inconsistencies. Second epi was alright. Third epi made my heart beat faster than any show has done in a long time!!! Bravo, Revolution! I bow to you!!

16. Vivian says:

Should I be concerned about Castle?

• eridapo says:

Nope.

Castle is still ABC’s strongest show at 10PM.

Frankly if you were at ABC headquarters this morning, the talk amongst the execs would be the collapse of DWTS. Remember this was supposed to be an AllStar season and much was expected (a return to Ratings gold), and instead the Ratings have nose dive.

Fall 2010 4.3
      Spring 2011 4.7
      Fall 2011 3.24
      Spring 2012 3.0
      Fall 2012 (So far 2.25).

And it seems that those numbers will only get worst. If you are an ABC exec, you are know thinking about holding DWTS to one cycle per year or even cutting the number of hours dedicated to the program. Either way it means more programming hours will be available for ABC, and there will be a need to just defend what they have.

17. Dennis says:

Remember, if you don’t see the commercials, it doesn’t count to advertisers.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Correctamundo.

• Emily says:

In the words of the Tenth Doctor, “A word I have never used before, and never will again.”

• SAM says:

Matt, does DVR viewing count for advertisers if viewers don’t FF through the ads? I get up at 5:15 am so I am not watching anything broadcast in the 10:00 timeslot so “Castle” is always watched the next evening by me.

• eridapo says:

When you skip a commercial, the people meter holds it against the show. It treats skipping as though you are not watching the show.

If you skip all commercials, the show gets no ratings credit. If you skip half the commercials, the show only gets half the ratings credit.

This is why FF has been disable on most cable OnDemand services at the request of the networks.

Also.. There is a thing to consider when you watch OnDemand. For OnDemand ratings to count, the commercials shown must be the same as the commercials shown on the live broadcast. If they are different, the ratings are not credited to the show.

• Elyse says:

but if you dont have a magic nielson box it doesnt actually matter if you watch anything live or later on DVR. right?

• Jacob says:

Right. The only people that are actually monitored, to my understanding, are those with a Neilson box. They extrapolate those numbers to show what the country is watching. It’s a flawed/outdated system now with the advent of OnDemand, Hulu, iTunes, Amazon, TiVo, etc. but it’s the best they can do for now.

18. Am I the only person who really doesn’t *get* this demo thing. I mean, I understand it, but I think it’s total BS, being the daughter of a communications/marketing/globalization professor, it just doesn’t wrap around my head how they dismiss most of their audience, assuming they wouldn’t buy their products based on speculations (I don’t believe in statistics, there’s that!).

• eridapo says:

The rational of the demo is from marketing theory. There is one underlying assumption that advertisers make. The assumption was developed by marketers in the 50s and 60s, and it is that as you get older your tastes do not change much — i.e. you develop a preference for certain products and brands. Thus when you make buying decisions you have already made up your mind on what brand to buy or what to buy.

Marketers assert that when you are young you have not developed any product or brand preference, so you, thorough advertising, are still persuadable to try a new brand or a new product.

An additional assumption, which has recently being developed, is that younger people are harder to reach than older people. They are much harder to reach and therefore you have to pay a premium to reach them. Thus shows that get younger people to tune in are able to demand more money for a 30 second spot. Advertisers just assume that if you are older, you are going to watch tv anyway so why pay a premium to reach you.

19. Laura says:

I can’t believe Castle is dropping that fast..what is going on..finally we get the laid couple together and ratings sucks..seriously?

• Andrea says:

It’s really hanging on to it’s viwers though if you look at last springs numbers. And it’s not losing too much of DTWS, barely there, lead in numbers. The numbers may look bad, but you also have to compare them all of ABC’s other shows. In those terms it’s doing alright. I know total viewers don’t mater when it comes to do the demo, but with how poorly DWTS is doing..Castle really is not doing that bad.

• eridapo says:

The ratings for fall 2011 numbers were on average a 2.5, but for Spring 2012 they were on average a 2.1. The quick explanation: The Voice premiere is Spring followed by Smash. Prior to that, The Playboy Club was not a factor at ten. With the advent of the Voice, DWTS began to fade, and NBC finally had a show to compete against Castle and H50. This year the Voice is more successful than it was in Spring, and the Revolution at least for now is trouncing both Castle and H50. The time slot is just more competitive now, and the Voice is wiping everything else out.

20. niks says:

Usually a big fan of Abrams’ shows, but I can’t seem to get into Revolution. Apart from Esposito, its lacks competence in the acting department. I will give it two more episodes, then lets see what happens.

• Alec says:

Mark Pellegrino was brilliant! Seriously! What! I might have agreed with you before the third episode, but not now! Each and every character was awesome (except the fat nerd)!

21. Wrigs says:

If Private Practice can hang on this long, Castle and Hawaii 5-0 (with actual audiences and solid writing) will be just fine.

22. Allius says:

Castle, what’s wrong with your ratings?

23. James says:

I really wouldn’t worry to much about Castle, yes it’s dropping in the Demos. but it’s still in the top ranking shows overall. I feel bad for those who didn’t watch it though cuz it was awesome especailly that last scene with Castle and Beckett. Classic! i do think it makes sense that revolution is doing so well, yes its good but its also a freshman show people are more likely to watch it live and dvr a show thats been on for three or more seasons. I really do have to say that Advertisment companies have got to start becoming more creative when it comes to online views and social media, they are loosing a giant market because they refuse to break away from the Nielsons which are out dated, yes they have the three-days now to incorprate dvr views but that still doesn’t count for online views, which DO Matter. I apologize for the long winded comment, but it does irk me that this is how shows are quantified, it makes me think of Chuck which got dune in by this BS.

24. JR says:

I have decided to stop watching Revolution. It is not interesting enough to me. If after 3 episodes it doesn’t catch my attention, then it’s just not worth my time anymore. Sorry, but I won’t miss it.

• Jason says:

I concur. All I see now is a bunch of militias being asses, shooting “resistance” people. If there’s more to it, they’d better show it soon…

25. J V Smith says:

I too switched channels before the half way mark on Revolution. It doesn’t hold my interest. I also started watching Homeland and stopped only 20 minutes in. I see enough real news on war. I also despise the Mandy guy who trashed a Criminal Minds an entire week before the Emmys. Too obvious. He’ll probably drop out of Homeland too, probably after this season. Hope he gives them more notice than just not showing up on the first day of the new season. He’s Dead Like…so many other pompous actors, to me anyway.

• Which Criminal Minds did he trash?

• J V Smith says:

He trashed the entire show. He said it was the worst ‘public mistake he had ever made…choosing to be on Criminal Minds. Guess Chicago Hope doesn’t count since he skipped out on that show too. He also saud being on CM’s sucked the life out of his soul. He vomited all this up the week prior to Emmy awards. He stood tall and proud when Homeland won. Hope all the trash talk made him feel like a better man.

26. John says:

Last night, Revolution made a true fan out of me. Its getting better and better every week. This might just be this year’s Person of Interest for this fall.
    Cobie Smulders needs to get out of HIMYM and somehow make it to SHIELD asap!

• Jason says:

Really? Please convince me. What am I missing that’s so great? I tried, and fell asleep. Last night was “better” than the snoozer Eps. 2? Help me out, here….

27. Emily says:

Hmm… I thought I was the only one to drop Castle after the Season 4 finale, but apparently, I’m not. Nothing against it (and I certainly enjoyed the show when I had time to watch it) but these days, there are simply more interesting shows out there for me.

28. Sarah says:

I think Bones actually did okay, IMO. Granted, they’re not great numbers, but considering it was a “bonus” episode that was Sweets-centric it actually held up better than I thought it would. I honestly thought it would do much worse.

• eridapo says:

Bones is holding on against some tough competition. I assumed that it would be down further, but Partners and DWTS are fading thus taking some of the heat from Bones.

Sadly though… It’s viewers numbers are now below 7M when they were closer to 8.5M in spring. The demo is the same, but viewers are down.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

It isn’t just Bones, viewership is down all across FOX. New Girl scored a 2.8 demo on 5.35 million viewers last Tuesday. Don’t really get the anomaly

29. Mad Hobbit says:

I watched the season opener,wonder if castle has the same problem that moonlighting had,once Dave and Maddy did the horizonial mombo ,viewership fell. I predict a “breakup” sometime soon.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

Moonlighting Curse isn’t the cause so much as a failing lead-in and stiffer competition (And this assessment coming from someone who doesn’t even like the show anymore). ABC would be wise to move Castle to a new slot, don’t know which. I’d like to see ABC show the same confidence in Castle that Fox showed it Bones when they moved it to Monday’s. I think a move like that might hurt viewership a bit but solidify the show on ABC’s schedule

30. Greg says:

I don’t think Castle is in any danger, but what about the huge drop in ratings for H50? Should CBS be concerned?

• eridapo says:

Yes… H50 is being affected the most by Revolution. A new night maybe, but right now CBS has nothing to replace it with

31. sarah says:

I am and will be a hard core H5O fan and I hope it lasts for a long time.

32. TheBeach says:

I had the first season of H-50 on my DVR but dropped it. It’s ok, but there are just so many other shows that I prefer to spend my time watching.

33. Bob says:

Bye, bye, Mob Doctor. You’ll be lucky to make it to your third episode.

34. Jason says:

Okay, I gave Revolution a 2nd try (after seeing Eps. 2 encore Sat.)…and I fell asleep. Never a good sign. It feels like Jericho, without the characters I give a crap about. Am I missing something? Is this entire series’ mystery (destination) based on the now-kidnapped person who was on the computer? Seems like a shaky premise. Certainly no LOST.

35. Anne says:

I absolutely love partners! But since the ratings dropped should I be worried that it will be cancelled? I really hope not!

36. adam says:

REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Sg. Grant says:

We are in a golden age of television, where there are a lot of great programs. We are also in an archaic age of ratings, where what people are actually watching is not accurately counted. If we continue to use the Nielsen system of ratings, the networks will need to adjust their opinions of what constitutes a success.

38. MK204 says:

I watched Dancing With The Stars but it’s not turning out to be as exciting as thought, simply because you want to root for everyone. Well almost everyone. Bristol Palin is a BIG exception. Also watched Castle. Best new show so far…Vegas.

39. Lena says:

Based on the phrase “Up 300% from the finale of L.A. Complex” I have to ask: WHY, in every “TV Qs” Friday segment does TVLine ask us why it’s not super popular and why don’t we watch it? I’ve seen it, it’s absolutely awful, and their numbers are abysmal!

40. Chloe says:

I love Castle! The scripts are good and the cast is great. I also like Revolution & hope to catch it tonight on OnDemand.

41. Jason Paul says:

I wonder if “Partners” is going to make it??

42. HAHA Bones got low ratings!! I knew this would happen!!=-) I bet now since it is getting low ratings that this will be Bones finale season!! Thank you Emily, Hart, and Stephan for ruining a perfectly good show to go down the toilet!!

43. Danielle says:

The Mob Doctor is becoming increasingly more interesting. I wish people would give it a chance! I’m hoping it starts picking up!

44. Bob Jones says:

The problem Castle is having is that he has been neutered . . . I like Nathan Fillion and have watched all his movies and TV shows (Buffy TVS, Firefly, Drive, Lost Episodes, Justice League/Green Lantern, etc) so I know what he can do.

Meredith Castle and Gina Howell will probably never return to the show (1st & 2nd ex-wives), Alyssa Milano’s character fizzled, Jennifer Beals turned bats*** crazy (& evil) and got herself shot.

I like I like everyone else, including Gates (Cassidy Yates, DS9/Sherry Palmer, 24) and I still record it, but Revolution is my 10 PM show, and like Terra Nova in 2011, Flash Forward in 2010, Dollhouse in 2009, and Terminator TSCC/Heroes in 2008, I will watch no matter what.

Hawaii Five-O has a different issue – it should be on Tuesdays after NCIS Los Angeles; I have watched Alex on CBS (Three Rivers/Moonlight), and BSG Athena/Boomer is on the show, but unless Wo Fat is on, I really just skip it – CBS has syndication built in so I am not worried about it being cancelled.

• emgregson says:

Meredith and Gina haven’t been on the show since seasons 2 and 3, respectively. Alyssa Milano was a guest star for one episode back in S2. Jennifer Beals did a 2 ep arc in S4. What do those minor roles have to do with Castle’s overall performance? I’m not sure I see your point here.

I disagree that Castle has been neutered. He has grown as a person and shown a lot of maturity. He’s in a stable, loving relationship that we have seen him work towards for 4 years now. Characters have to grow and change…if we were still seeing playboy Rick Castle 5 seasons in that would be a poor reflection on the writers. No character growth/change = no viewers. Clearly, the number of viewers isn’t Castle’s problem considering it was the most-watched show 2 Mondays in a row, ABC’s most-watched 10pm show, and its third most-watched drama (nipping at the heels of Grey’s Anatomy and OUAT). It had 13 million viewers on premiere night (after the DVR Live +3 numbers….10.5 million live). Not too shabby…and not at all an indication that people are no longer enjoying Castle.