Exclusive

Exclusive: Justified Sets Sights on Patton Oswalt

Funnyman Patton Oswalt is set to pop up on one of TV’s acclaimed dramas, with a recurring role in Justified‘s Season 4.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Oswalt will appear on the FX series as Bob Sweeney, a local constable who went to high school with Raylan and has been hired by the lawman to watch Arlo’s house.

RELATED | Justified Vet Lands Big Season 4 Arc

Lest anyone suspect Oswalt is dialing it down completely for this visit to Harlan County, know that Bob has a single football tale he tells over and over from his high school glory days, Al Bundy-style, while a bid to help Raylan capture a bail jumper are humorous — and maybe even successful!

Oswalt’s previous TV credits include Two and a Half Men, The United States of Tara, Caprica (Baxter Sarno!), Dollhouse and a run on King of Queens.

Production on Justified Season 4 starts next week in Santa Clarita, Calif., with an eye on an early 2013 premiere.

1. NCSouthernBelle says:

I can’t wait for season 4! I’m most familiar with Patton Oswalt on King of Queens so it’ll be interesting to see what he brings to Justified. The show has had such an amazing and talented cast every season so far, so I’m sure he’ll be awesome!

2. Brian says:

Patton Oswalt is amazing! He’s so funny, but he’s been doing great dramatic work lately, especially in Big Fan and Young Adult. I never would have pictured him on Justified, but I’m sure he’ll deliver.

3. Britta Unfiltered says:

Ahhh, here’s another show that’s been secretly reading my dream journal. From what I understand, Patton is a huge fan of the show. I heard him on The Nerdist podcast talking for awhile about how great Justified is. I’m happy to see they found a role for him. He can do drama pretty well, I loved Young Adult.

4. Gigi says:

Is RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. going to be back as JED? I just love him. Say YES please!

5. Velvet says:

This should prove interesting. Can’t wait for Justified to come back. I love me some Raylan Givens.

6. steve says:

Don’t forget he’s also done two cameo’s on Community!

7. Dawn says:

Raylan is my kinda dream… when is NetFlix going to get onboard with updating their library to include this fine series?

8. LISA says:

I LOVE THE SHOW CAN’T WATE 2 C RAYLAN KICK SOME ASS WHAT DATE IN JAN 2013 & TIME IS SEASON 4 COMIN BACK ON LET ME NO

9. LISA says:

COME ON RAYLAN GIVENS WITH UR BAD SELF !!! SHOW ME & EVERY 1 HOW IT’S DONE !! PLEASE!!!