Exclusive: Justified Sets Sights on Patton Oswalt

Funnyman Patton Oswalt is set to pop up on one of TV’s acclaimed dramas, with a recurring role in Justified‘s Season 4.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Oswalt will appear on the FX series as Bob Sweeney, a local constable who went to high school with Raylan and has been hired by the lawman to watch Arlo’s house.

RELATED | Justified Vet Lands Big Season 4 Arc

Lest anyone suspect Oswalt is dialing it down completely for this visit to Harlan County, know that Bob has a single football tale he tells over and over from his high school glory days, Al Bundy-style, while a bid to help Raylan capture a bail jumper are humorous — and maybe even successful!

Oswalt’s previous TV credits include Two and a Half Men, The United States of Tara, Caprica (Baxter Sarno!), Dollhouse and a run on King of Queens.

Production on Justified Season 4 starts next week in Santa Clarita, Calif., with an eye on an early 2013 premiere.

Comments (10)

• I can’t wait for season 4! I’m most familiar with Patton Oswalt on King of Queens so it’ll be interesting to see what he brings to Justified. The show has had such an amazing and talented cast every season so far, so I’m sure he’ll be awesome!

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – October 2, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patton Oswalt is amazing! He’s so funny, but he’s been doing great dramatic work lately, especially in Big Fan and Young Adult. I never would have pictured him on Justified, but I’m sure he’ll deliver.

Comment by Brian – October 2, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh, here’s another show that’s been secretly reading my dream journal. From what I understand, Patton is a huge fan of the show. I heard him on The Nerdist podcast talking for awhile about how great Justified is. I’m happy to see they found a role for him. He can do drama pretty well, I loved Young Adult.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 2, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. going to be back as JED? I just love him. Say YES please!

Comment by Gigi – October 2, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should prove interesting. Can’t wait for Justified to come back. I love me some Raylan Givens.

Comment by Velvet – October 2, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget he’s also done two cameo’s on Community!

Comment by steve – October 3, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raylan is my kinda dream… when is NetFlix going to get onboard with updating their library to include this fine series?

Comment by Dawn – October 17, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THE SHOW CAN’T WATE 2 C RAYLAN KICK SOME ASS WHAT DATE IN JAN 2013 & TIME IS SEASON 4 COMIN BACK ON LET ME NO

Comment by LISA – November 5, 2012 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COME ON RAYLAN GIVENS WITH UR BAD SELF !!! SHOW ME & EVERY 1 HOW IT’S DONE !! PLEASE!!!

Comment by LISA – November 5, 2012 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post