Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, SVU, Community, HIMYM and More!

Ask AusielloGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Gossip Girl‘s final season starts in less than a week, so this week’s Ask Ausiello better have something good on the premiere. Or else. —Dawn
Ausiello: Last I checked the column was called Ask Ausiello not Threaten Ausiello. Having said that, I’ll give you what you want, just promise not to hurt me or my family, K? Herewith are six mild-to-wild spoilers about Monday’s premiere:

* Someone is wearing an engagement ring by the end of the episode, but there’s a twist.
* I can confirm that the event featured in these photos is indeed a wedding, but there’s a twist.
* The show’s go-to rehab clinic, The Ostroff Center, has been renamed to reflect current events.
* Blair and Georgina’s bitchy repartee throughout the hour is a thing of immense beauty.
* Dan gives Blair a tough-love speech about her dysfunctional relationship with Chuck that literally leaves his ex speechless.
* Someone has a big secret, and that someone’s initials are BB.

PHOTOS | Gossip Girl Sneak Peek — Someone From Blair’s Past Returns!

Question: Can you share anything about the Gossip Girl series finale? —Annie
Ausiello: According to some just-leaked casting intel, the swan song will feature a cute and adorable 3-year-old boy with dark hair and eyes. You thinking what I’m thinking? ‘Cause I’m thinking that little rascal could be Chuck and Blair’s firstborn.

Question: Can you give me some HIMYM scoop? Pretty please with a Smurf on top? —Tiffany
Ausiello: You had me at “pretty.” Speaking of which, remember how I told you True Blood’s Joe Manganiello had booked a return engagement as Brad? Now I can also tell you what he’ll be up to. In Episode 8 (titled “Twelve Horny Women”), the hunky attorney will be arguing a pollution case against his former law school classmate Marshall — and turning on everyone in the courtroom in the process.

Question: Any news on the return of Robin Sparkles on HIMYM? —Dave
Ausiello: Yup. You’ll catch a glimpse of her in the same episode that marks Manganiello’s reappearance. In a pair of flashbacks to 1997 (I’ll let you guess which one is real!), Robin remembers her pop diva alter ego having an altercation in her hotel room with a Canadian Mountie responding to a noise complaint… and being given an award for being the nicest guest the hotel ever had!

Question: Any Community spoilers? I’m desperate! — Valentina
Ausiello: If I were a betting man — and, since we all know I’ve yet to meet a slot machine I wouldn’t play, I guess I am — I’d say Abed’s love life was about to… well, exist. Episode 7, “Herstory of Dance,” finds the odd duck on the receiving end of the attentions of a quirktastic sweetheart named Kat who sounds like she could have been separated at birth from Zooey Deschanel. But I suspect the single gal who’ll really draw his focus will be Jessica. Popping up in the same episode, she’s an African-American knockout whose upbringing was so sheltered, she — cue Abed doing the Annie gasp! — hasn’t seen a lot of movies.

Question: Any news about Chris Meloni possibly making an appearance on Law & Order: SVU this season? I need him to come back! – Susan
Ausiello: Sad to say, the chances of Stabler making a return to the unit don’t look good. Though Meloni told me he was “open to all possibilities” regarding the long-running procedural, SVU showrunner Warren Leight tells TVLine’s Kimberly Roots, “I don’t know that [Meloni] actually wants to come back,” adding, “I haven’t heard discussion of it from either him or the network.” Leight acknowledges that when the actor’s contract negotiations broke down last year, “Clearly, the separation wasn’t handled well. In an ideal world, if someone who’s been on your show for 12 years is leaving, you arc him out.” Now that some time has passed, “I think everyone, in hindsight, wonders if they could’ve handled that departure differently,” Leight allows. “But it’s hard to imagine an episode that would fix it.”

SAVE THE DATES | 65 October Premieres and Finales!

Question: I’ll take any Glee scoop you have that isn’t related to “Klaine,” “Finchel,” or “Brittana”. —Jessica
Ausiello: A major shake-up is coming to New Directions. And I’m not referring to this.

Question: Loved the Revenge premiere! Do you have any more scoop to share about the season? Maybe something about Emily and Aiden? –Jessica
Ausiello: Takeda’s other student might not have figured prominently in last week’s episode, but that will soon change. According to executive producer Mike Kelley, an origins episode of the addictive primetime soap will fill in a lot of the new guy’s back story – including how he and Em met and what bonds them. And later, when Daniel and Emily are “on the outs” and Jack’s unavailable, “There’s an opening there” for Aiden, Kelley previews. “But she’s not the most receptive. He has a lot of ground to make up with her, because he did something to her that’s very hard for her to forgive.” He adds that Em’s rich sidekick may not be Aiden’s biggest fan. “This character has come in and stolen his girl, so [Nolan] doesn’t love him.”

Question: Anything on Parks and Rec? —Steven
Ausiello: How about an update on Ron’s love life? Showrunner Mike Schur says guest star Lucy Lawless’ character Diane (debuting this Thursday) will be “tall and striking and beautiful and commanding and very funny and charming and smart and capable… everything Ron would look for in a woman.” But her life as a single mom to two young and unruly girls, which Schur calls “a little messier than [Ron's] accustomed to,” makes him go back and forth on whether he’d like to pursue a relationship with her. If I may, Ron, a little advice: It’s Lucy freaking Lawless – take the win!

Question: Can you give us a clue about your most recent blind item? I’ll take anything. –Camilla
Ausiello: It’s not Grey’s Anatomy or Private Practice. Or any ABC show for that matter.

Question: Got some scoop on the fourth season of Cougar Town? —Irene
Ausiello: Bobby’s going to try to get into the food truck business, but he cuts some corners — namely, reselling another restaurant’s burgers. That can’t end well.

Question: Can I have some Hart of Dixie scoop, pretty please? —Alicia
Ausiello: Next week’s episode will introduce viewers to Bluebell’s answer to Lollapalooza, Bluebell-palooza. “It’s a music festival,” explains showrunner Leila Gerstein. “Claudia Lee, who plays Magnolia, is performing and Wade and George are performing.” Also on the theme-episode docket this season is an election episode that actually airs on Election Day (aka Tuesday, Nov. 6). “It is Bluebell,” notes Gerstein, “so a chicken — the Pickin’ Chicken — may decide who wins.”

Question: Now that the cat is finally out of the bag about Arizona on Grey’s Anatomy, and it looks like things are going to get pretty dark for “Calzona,” any thoughts on Callie’s state of being through all of this? She just lost her best friend and her wife hates her — things seem pretty tough. —Jen
Ausiello: Well, they’re certainly not ideal. As Sara Ramirez notes, even though Callie wasn’t in the plane crash, she walks away from the tragedy with some huge emotional scars. “Her life and her child’s life are affected, greatly,” she shares. “And we see her having to grapple with the constant reminder of what’s happened, not being able to get away from it.”

VIDEO | Grey’s Anatomy Preview — Are Jackson and April Getting Married?!

Question: Any Grey’s scoop beyond this week’s flashback episode? —Jane
Ausiello: Good news — the Oct. 25 outing will have you crying tears of joy not heartache, assures the episode’s director, Kevin McKidd. “The first three episodes deal with all the repercussions of the finale, so Episode 4 is very comedic,” he reports. “We needed some lightness. It’s good to be dark for a while, but people like to have their lightness… the more kind of slightly zany, screwball stuff that Grey’s does so well. Tonally it’s so different from the first three episodes of the season.”

Question: Do you know when Meredith will start dealing with Lexie’s death on Grey’s Anatomy? She definitely seemed to be avoiding everything in the premiere. —Tia
Ausiello: The you-know-what will hit the fan in the upcoming Mer/Cristina-centric hour, “Beautiful Doom,” which is tentatively scheduled for  Nov. 1 and does not sound comedic, slightly zany or screwball.

Question: The Dexter premiere was fantastic and more than makes up for the uneven previous two seasons. Please tell me the next couple of episodes will have this same energy? —Nate
Ausiello: I’ve screened the next two episodes and I’m happy to report that they maintain the high qualify of the premiere. And this is coming from someone who, as you know, despised last season with a fiery passion. But be warned — the Oct. 14 ep features one of the most terrifying sequences the show has ever staged.

Question: I’m glad to see Revolution doing well, but where did Elizabeth Mitchell vanish to so soon? She’s one of the main reasons I’m watching. –Jerry
Ausiello: Don’t worry, she didn’t get Lost — Rachel is seen again in Episode 5 (airing Oct. 15), in which Mitchell says “we learn quite a bit” about “the ins and outs of her leaving” her family. But it’s in Episode 7, she says, that “we find out 100 percent for sure” how it is that she wound up in Monroe’s possession.

Question: Did we ever get confirmation about who Donald Glover is playing on Season 2 of Girls? —Jeremy
Ausiello: We did! Lena Dunham, aka the show’s creator and star, told my colleague Megan Masters at the Emmys that the Community MVP will be introduced in the premiere as a “rival [to] Adam for Hannah’s affections.”

Question: You’ve been skimping on the Supernatural scoopage lately. What’s in store for Sam and Dean? —Jordan
Ausiello: Kevin the prophet’s mom (played by Lauren Tom) resurfaces in the Oct. 10 episode and, per exec producer Jeremy Carver, her presence “gives the boys, in an odd way, a bit of a mother figure that they haven’t had for a long time. It’s a fun dynamic. It can be a rather moving dynamic at times also. And of course, it also gives you a fourth wheel in the car that you’ve got to deal with.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Megan Masters, Kimberly Roots and Vlada Gelman)

1. adam says:

Supernatural :D And The Blind Item Is About Dexter.

2. TIMMY says:

Finn will take over as Director of New Direction now that Will goes to Washington with Emma

3. Willa says:

I want it to be a Chuck and Blair baby, but you are a troll, dude.

4. O'Brien says:

Baby Bass! The idea of a mini-Blair/Chuck combo baby in tiny boy ties and scarves might be the cutest thing ever.

5. Willa says:

Oh, and Dan’s a douche. He cheated so the bastard shouldn’t even talk. Douche

• Lois says:

Dan’s been a douche since season 2. It’s nothing new. He just gets douche-ier by the year.

• Elena says:

I bet it’s what Dan says about Chair that gets Blair to want to wait and focus on their individual careers for a while.

• Maria says:

I don’t think what Dan says makes any difference to Chuck and Blair’s relationship. Whatever decision they made, they came to at the beginning of the summer. Long before Dan showed up and started spewing his butthurt all over the place.

• Elena says:

If it leaves her speechless, though, sounds like it at least resonates, and they use Dan as the speaker of unveiling the UES flaws at times. Given this scene precedes the one in the back of the limo, I think it’ll give them pause and make them discuss some issues, which is a good thing. Dan had a front row seat to all the dysfunction of Chair, and they probably admit he’s right and they never want to be that couple again.

• Willa says:

If you know ANYTHING about spoilers it will only prove the opposite. Schwartz spoiled the limo song which says everything and Blair is still wearing Chuck’s ring around her neck through episode 9 filming while Dan is doing Serena. It actually spells out hypocritical Dan and his stupid fans are wrong. Try to sound intelligent for once, please.

• Elisha says:

Yeah, that’s why Blair is wearing his ring on her necklace. The ring was shown in filming again yesterday (which is the 9th episode).Try harder….

6. Don says:

I hope Blaine screws off back to the Warblers.

7. Lois says:

You don’t want to know how loud the internal squeal I had was regarding that casting info for GG. And I think I saw pictures a while back suggesting the engagement ring is being worn around Blair’s neck? :D

8. Nanda says:

Ausiello, you better not be trolling about Chuck and Blair’s baby. It would be just cruel.

9. Grace says:

Wait, Blair Bass?

• lydiakj says:

Bart…

• anon anon says:

Even if the two of them are the blind item from a long time ago that get married quickly after reuniting, I don’t think Blair would take Chuck’s name when she’s about to run her mother’s company as a “true Waldorf”.

10. Allie says:

Gah, why don’t my comments ever go through?

11. Erin says:

I’m dying here. Any scoop on whether Cablevision and Tribune are making headway? Tomorrow is the Supernatural premiere and I’m still without The CW.

12. Maria says:

Blair/Georgina and Blair/the HW ring both sound fabulous (squees quietly). As for Dan, any tough love he has to dispense should be lol-worthy in the extreme, given that he’s just spent the summer plotting his douchetastic revenge on everyone.

• Elisha says:

Dan seems to think he’s better than anyone else b¥ selling people’s life stories. He’s a Gossip columnist at best and he thinks he’s above them all. Worst character ever

13. Elisha says:

The premiere of GG with Chuck and Blair will be fabulous despite some dumbass, butthurt statement douchey Dan has to say. He’s the worst character on tv hands down.

And ,no Ausiello, I won’t bite on the Chuck and Blair kid. You’ve trolled the fandom too much for me to ever believe you.

14. Will says:

Dear god, the thought of a Chuck/Blair spawn frightens me more than anything. They can barely manage a relationship, let alone a child.

• Willa says:

Oh, look, Dan Humphrey showed up…

• Will says:

You cannot deny the fact that Chuck and Blair are not ready for a child. In fact, no character on this show is capable of such a responsibility. Until Chuck and Blair quit this back and forth game, they’ll never be able to grow as characters. Although I highly doubt such development would ever take place with those two, especially this late in the game.

• bob says:

How do you know it when it takes place? It could be looking at *whatever years later*. Calm down.

• Willa says:

Oh, no Blonut holes are angry! Too damn bad Chuck and Blair are ending up together. Get a freaking life

• Will says:

Really? To prove a “point” you resort to childish antics? Come on now… I could care less about whether or not Chuck and Blair end up together because their relationship’s a joke. It has been consumed by the same nonsense for nearly 5 years. What’ll make this “attempt” any different from the previous tries? Just because it’s the series’ final season? Chuck and Blair’s relationship is damaged beyond repair. No matter how hard the writers try, a “happy ending” for those two will come off as incredibly unbelievable given everything that has happened. Chances are their relationship will go up in flames offscreen like it has in the past.

• Maria says:

And LOL at CB’s relationship “going up in flames offscreen.” You do know they’re not real, right? There is no “offscreen” after the finale- when the show’s over, it’s over.

• Megan says:

Oh, my Lord, are Dair fans really still talking like “when the series is over Chuck and Blair will break up”? Really? Uh, when the series ends, it ends. You can pretend all you want but the show is actually over. And as far as real? None of this is real and if it was real, I wouldn’t like any of these characters but since I like being entertained I ship Chuck and Blair because they are that freaking amazing. I really question Dair fans these days. You guys just sound crazy lately. I get your upset but stop and think before you type.

• Lexie says:

Will, what you fail to understand is that most ,if not all dramas have their endgame and OTP’s go through dramatic, over the top things in every show that would never actually happen or work in real life.This is writing 101 and I don’t understand how fans watching any television show doesn’t understand that unless you haven’t watched much tv. This is what shows do. If you don’t have drama or problems then couples become boring to watch. These are not complicated things to understand. If you want real life- go watch real life. If you want to be bored to death, I can understand you being a Dair fan. They wrecked the show and made it so OOC that that’s ultimately did the show in.

I don’t believe this will be a Chuck and Blair baby but I can hope.

And Dan, the guy has little room to criticize when he’s been writing another book about the UES because he has nothing but revenge on his mind. I guess that’s what happens when a cheating, judgmental character is dumped.

• elena says:

Wow. Why are you attacking actual people because they don’t share your love for a fictional character? It’s fiction and everyone is entitled to their opinion without being attacked or called names because they think differently than you. Get a life? How about you get some class.

• Maria says:

Obviously they won’t be having a child in real time, it’ll occur as some sort of flash-forward. So whether they’re ready right now is irrelevant.

• Will says:

You missed the point that I’m trying to make… Even if they give Chuck and Blair that happy ending it’ll still come off as unrealistic regardless of the amount of time that has passed. 10 episodes cannot clean up the mess that comes with their relationship. If Chuck and Blair couldn’t make it work in the past then what makes you think this cycle won’t continue?

• Maria says:

And you missed the point entirely, which is that GG is fiction, and soapy dramatic fiction at that. Its purpose is to entertain and titillate, not provide an accurate reflection of real people or real relationships. So whether you think they’re “realistically” going to be happy or ready to have a child or whatever doesn’t matter, because that’s not the point of the show.

• JJ says:

You are wrong ! You really don’t get GG at all. CB have been the epicenter of GG for all 5 seasons. If you are not happy about that I am sorry but you certainly won’t like this final season. Of course CB will continue to own GG.. That is why we love it <3 If you don't like that you should have stopped watching long ago. Can't wait to see GG get back on track. Ban was a bad mistake but in the scheme of things only a minor bump in the road. CB have survived much more than a none event like 'ugly drunken elevator sex'. The more they overcome the more I want them together. BUT now is time for a beautiful finale. ELCB kill it every time and they will do DO IT AGAIN this time too. Love them BABY OR NO BABY. Couldn't be more excited for a show to return! So sad it will be their last but Chair will help make it the best ever.

• Will says:

The show isn’t just about Chuck and Blair’s relationship. The series follows the lives of New Yorkers being followed by an anonymous person. And I’m sorry but Chuck and Blair haven’t accomplished anything because if they did then their relationship wouldn’t be phased by the same dilemma that has consumed them for 5 years. They don’t learn from their mistakes, hence why their relationship’s a destructive cycle. In fact, I would honestly be offended if I were a CB fan because the writers are going about reuniting the two the wrong way.

• S says:

lol you’re so concerned with the opinions of others. have fun shipping chuck/blair happily with all that insecurity that’s all over these comments.

• JJ says:

Chuck and Blair are solid! Nothing gets in their way. Their love makes people love the show. Nothing compares to them. It is a fact Ban almost killed GG. I blame Dan personally for only getting a 10 episode final season! Would LOVE a CB baby but no one trusts ausiello now :(

• Will says:

You blame Dan for the ratings declining…? How ridiculous does that sound? Viewership went down long before Dan and Blair even happened. There’s more to Gossip Girl than Chuck and Blair’s relationship. Their fans don’t makeup the entire fanbase of the series.

• Tim says:

Nothing gets in their way? Seriously? What show are you watching?

• mary says:

Hide all the glass! Poor kid.

• Willa says:

Oh, another Dan Humphrey. Laughing so hard at your failship! Chuck and Blair are back, bitches, buckle up

• tripoli says:

So looking forward to the end of this sad show. No more ridiculous fan bashing back and forth. If you are so bothered by the comments from others trying ignoring them. Your angry back and forth accomplishes nothing. Perhaps when the show ends you’ll have a chance to grow up a bit.

• mary says:

You just called me a bitch for making a joke about a fictional character? Wow. Classy.

15. Shimmerinstars says:

Love the Supernatural scoop with the boys getting a bit of a mother figure they haven’t had in along time and that its fun and moving too. More proof Jeremy Carver is the one finally get this show and the boys relationship back on track after Kripke derailed it in Season 4

16. Maria says:

And if you’re trolling about a potential Chuck and Blair baby, it would be… the meanest thing you’ve ever done. Because that would be such an adorable and perfect ending…

17. Christiana says:

So glad that Dan is going to say to Blair what he & the dair fandom thinks about her relationship with Chuck,that is amazing & the reason it is amazing is because the rest of the episode & season will prove him & DBers how wrong they are so yay bring it on.

As much as i would love to trust you on the 3 years old boy “spoiler” i can’t,you lost your credibility a while ago,i hope i’ll be proven wrong on this one.

• elena says:

Word. He trolled on the wedding and I think this is his last hurrah at pissing off the Chair fans before the show ends.

18. Sandi O says:

Thrilled to see Supernatural scoop!!

19. Linderella says:

Still think the blind item is Diane on The Good Wife.

• I’m so glad they ruled out Private Practice, even though I’d figured out from the clues. From the clues, I’m pretty sure it’s not Criminal Minds, either, so, whatever it is I’m fine :)

• astrid says:

Noooo, please!! Not Diane, she’s so great. Hope it’s Criminal Minds! The people who work there don’t seem to be that happy so maybe they don’t mind that much being written out.

20. icywinter2 says:

People seriously need to move on about accept the fact that Meloni isn’t coming back. He’s moved on with his career and isn’t looking back. He wanted to do another acting projects, what he said at Comic-Con was after the very long hesitation. Plus the look in his eyes, was one that said I’m not really interested.

21. bob says:

Other than the possible trolling of a MAYBE Baby Bass, Dan spouting sh*t to ANYONE is hilarious in and of itself. Dan can shut it and go right his book in a corner. Blair can take care of herself.

22. LOL! says:

Well, it’s good to know (Dan) that at least 1 character on GG (Dan) still has common sense in his head (did I mention it’s Dan?) He’s the only good character left on GG & I’m happy to hear that he’ll give that spoiled brat Blair an earful that she deserves for breaking his heart.
    Oh, and if Chuck and Blair do end up having a child together, hopefully that child will be the spawn of satan that kills its own parents. That would be vindication for the TRUE fans of GG (i.e. anyone who doesn’t back “Chair”)

• Elisha says:

Dan is the most hated character and will be proven wrong in the end, again. And Chuck and Blair are the OTP, so you might want to learn to live with that

• dontwait says:

You people are so selective. Don’t you realize you are responding to Dan-loving Dair fans every day? You’re denying they exist, yet you go out of your way to respond to them. There is a HUGE fan base for Dan and Dair.

• Tammy says:

They live in their chair bubble and refuse to acknowledge that there are fans of things that are not Chair for that show.. And if other people like things that they don’t it makes them ‘delusional.’ One day they will realize.. that it’s OKAY to not like things.. but just don’t be a dick about the things you don’t like.

23. LMSO says:

I think there’s a good chance GA 905: Beautiful Doom will actually be broadcast on 11/8. Aren’t the Country Music Awards on ABC on 11/1?

24. Sarah says:

It’s totally not a chuck and Blair baby hello is everyone forgetting Georgina has a son?? It’s totally her son come one people.

25. lucie says:

What about nate on revolution?!

26. As much as I hope it’s a Baby Bass, I don’t trust you Trollsiello. It’s probably Milo or an extra. I think Blair does need to be given a tough love speech, but Dan is the least deserving to do so. He is the biggest d-bag ever and I am glad both Serena and Blair slap him. I hope Nate and Chuck punch him next.

27. Sarah says:

Thank you very much for the spoilers about Gossip Girl!!. I hope you’re right and we see the son of Chuck and Blair. I would be very happy if that happens!!. So happy!!.
    And Dan is the worst character of Gossip Girl, he should look in the mirror to see the awful person he became. Two questions: did he ever going to recognize all his mistakes?, did he ever going to admit that he is wrong?,because I’m still waiting.

28. Melly says:

Very excited to hear that a CB child could be seen in the Gossip Girl finale. I think fans will be very pleased about that. I have a feeling they are making Dan hypocritical and awful on purpose now. It feels almost like a joke at this point.

29. Megan says:

I want it to be Chuck and Blair’s little boy in the future but I don’t trust you at all due to past “spoilers”. I think it’s more than likely Milo since Georgina is still hanging around.

I can’t wit for the season and have been excited about Chuck and Blair for awhile. I do think it’s clear Dan will be proved wrong (just like last year) with everything he says, however, I do find it appropriate he continues to be a hypocritical creep to the bitter end. I won’t miss that character, that’s for sure.

30. eleanor says:

Supernatural, hardened hunters, men in their 30s need a mother figure? Really? Really?

31. Martin says:

Seriously!! – What is up with Revolution, they give us this awesome reveal about Elizabeth Mitchells character being alive at the end of episode 2 and then they don’t even mention it in this episode at all, a one line sentence would of sufficed, and now i hear they won’t have her in next weeks episode either, annoying.

Other than that, love the show.

32. Katie says:

I have never understood the vitriol towards Dan on GG… Unless you’re a hardcore “Chair” shipper who by default despises any love interest of Blair’s who is not Chuck, I don’t think he’s any more or less unlikeable than any other the other leads at a given point.
    And before anyone bites my head off, I’d like to state that I’m a fan of both Dan AND Chuck (and uh, Nate too for that matter).

• Lexie says:

I’ve always disliked Dan. Did the Dair arc make it worse, yes, but please understand I’ve never liked Dan Humphrey and he really isn’t a popular on even Gossip girl

• Maria says:

I actually did like him until the Dair storyline. And it wasn’t because they paired Blair with someone who wasn’t Chuck (I’ve never disliked Nate, even when Blair was dating him in S2), but rather because that whole storyline just turned Dan into such an insufferable douche. It didn’t do Blair’s character any favors either- the two of them just brought out the worst in each other as a pairing.

• Will says:

What? Can you elaborate on how Dan and Blair brought out the worst in each other? If anything it’s the opposite for me. Their time together even before they began dating gave them time to realize that their past no longer defined who they were. Blair helped Dan realize he constantly put his former love (Serena) before his own interests leading him to revisit his craft with literature. And Dan helped Blair realize that she was worthy of love despite her previous faults. He made her realize that she mattered as a person. You cannot deny the fact that their bond allowed both characters to grow, but the writers deliberately ruined that for the sake of reuniting Chuck and Blair. They’re promoting regression instead of progression.

• Maria says:

Sure, I can elaborate. When they got together, Dan and Blair both became increasingly pretentious, self-absorbed, and insensitive to the feelings of the people they supposedly cared about. They hurt Serena, they hurt Chuck, they even bagged on Nate, because their relationship reinforced and emphasized the worst aspects of their personalities. And no, Blair didn’t need Dan to make her realize she “mattered as a person”- she spent the entire season with three men in love with her, you think she needed Dan’s help to “realize she was worthy of love?” LOL. And Dan put Serena before his own interests in like two total episodes, hardly some long-term struggle he needed Blair’s assistance with. If anything, Dan spent most of the season putting *Blair* before his own interests, to his own detriment… and Blair certainly didn’t help him with that, because their entire relationship revolved around how much they both loved Blair. A one-sided relationship where one party is clearly using the other as an ego boost/avoidance strategy, while hurting everyone else they care about, can hardly be described as positive character development. It just turned them both into people I found tremendously unlikable.

• Will says:

Insensitive? Blair was willing to put her friendship with Serena before Dan, which is the ultimate sign of respect. The opposite could be said about Serena who lied about being supportive by sleeping with her BFF’s boyfriend behind her back for a second time. As far as Chuck goes, how exactly did they hurt him? When it came to Blair scheming with Chuck over his daddy issues, it wasn’t like Dan held her back. I don’t even know why you inserted Nate into the equation because he has nothing to do with the matter. And have you forgotten about 5×21? Blair herself said to Dan that, “Somehow between being traded for a hotel and selling out for a tiara, I lost my true self. But I wanna be found. Could you possibly help?” Her previous relationships left Blair to feel inadequate, but Dan was the one who brought the darkness out of her by accepting who she was as a person both the good and the bad. Blair’s selfish nature only came out in that awful finale as a ploy to reunite her and Chuck. You’re dismissing valid points because of your bias towards Chuck and Blair, ultimately making your original “argument” invalid.

• Molly says:

Dan’s a horrible pretentious judgmental douchebag and I’ve hated him for that reason since at least season 2 with his attitude towards Serena.

33. Erica says:

I bet it’s one of Dorota’s children!

34. Jenna says:

Ok, I love and want them to show Chuck and Blair with a Baby Bass but you always lead Gossipgirl fans on so I’ll reserve any excitement.

35. Mike says:

I’m going to be honest, I don’t care much for Emily’s love life on Revenge at the moment, I more interested in Emily and Charlotte’s relationship, they were my favorite part of the premiere, I’m crossing my fingers that Emily reveals her true identity to Char this season(unlikely). It seems that Charlotte trusts Emily though, and what a change a few months can make,Charlotte seemed to be out of the depression she was in for the latter half of season 1, maybe Charlotte will be her way back into the Grayson fold. Sorry for going on I’m just so excited for Revenge this year.

36. Angela says:

Abed getting a love interest, eh? Hmmmm. Done right that could be rather adorable, so I look forward to seeing how that plays out :).

37. donna says:

after trolled so many times now how i can have hopes for chuck&blair babies with bowties :((( ohhh how I want a Chuck and Blair baby <3 can someone show the finger to Dumpty already, like he knows anything…

38. Britta Unfiltered says:

I am freaking out in excitement over Donald Glover being on Girls. I hope he knows in the words of Retta that he should not “even think about auditioning for that show unless he’s planning on showing the opening of his urethra.” If they’re going to make me look at Peter Scolari naked, then I should at least get a trade-off with getting to see Donald Glover naked. It’s only fair.

39. L says:

Thanks for the Community scoop. I’m excited Abed will have a love interest. As long as it’s not Annie because I tried but I just don’t see it between those two.

And yes! Donald Glover on Girls. Can’t wait!

40. Come on Ausiello, from one Michael to another find out for me, because I’ve been dying to know, on Covert Affairs will we ever see Auggie interact with his 4 mean ass older brothers or family which we hardly know anything about when the show returns or in future seasons?

41. Judith says:

Please let it be a Chuck and Blair baby! It would be the perfect ending to both of their series arcs- a loving family of their own *sigh*

42. jenna@gmail.com says:

I always find it so hilarious when people’s biggest critique of Dan is that he’s judgmental. THESE PEOPLE ARE AWFUL. They should ALL be judgmental!

• Ava says:

My complaint about Dan is not the he is judgmental, it’s that he’s judgmental without realizing that he’s just as awful as everyone else. Also, the way he acts like he’s surprised by widening his eye, moving his head backwards and stuttering, “Uh uh uh what?”

• Maria says:

Yeah, the problem is that he’s a hypocrite, not that he’s judgmental. He judges people for doing the exact same things he does, and doesn’t even realize it.

• jenna@gmail.com says:

Oh posh. He’s not anymore hypocritical than the whole lot. When has Blair shown genuine remorse for her actions? Has Serena atoned for any of her bitchery last season? Also, this line escape everyone’s memory? “If you came here to tell me what an awful person I am, it’s too late – I already know”. Now I realize for this season, their going to douche Dan up so Chuck will seem perfect, but if we are honestly talking about the last 5 seasons, Dan is no worse than the beloved NJBC.

• Tammy says:

Anyone who really rags on Dan as the ABSOLUTE worst makes me wonder if they have actually watched this show and have paid attention to what the rest of the characters do. They are all pretty much horrible people. Except Dorota… she is flawless.

43. JW says:

Thanks for the Supernatural scoop! I’m looking forward to seeing Kevin and his mother interact with Sam and Dean.

44. it also gives you a fourth wheel in the car that you’ve got to deal with.”<—-WTF does this mean i hope there isnt gonna be anybody sitting in the back seat of the car with them all season long or maybe im reading it wrong cause i just woke up but seriously they need a mother figure WTF?? :/

45. Maryam says:

Can’t wait for supernatural premiere!! and for dexter’s 2nd episode!! I absolutely love bothshows!

46. anna says:

Ausiello it would be greta to post the gossip girls spoilers alone because they (the fans ans mainly the chuck and blair fans) because the show is a mess like the “main couple” and they invade each time the coments and stars ship wars that I don’t care

47. H.Houston says:

Okay I surrender: Can someone please tell me how Chris Meloni was written off of Law & Order: SVU? Due to personal issues I had a hard time watching the show after a specific episode and there really wasn’t any build up to him leaving (as noted by the person that Matt quoted in his response) —- so can someone please tell me how things went down. I know I saw the episode where they have like a holding cell in the middle of their room and the teenage girl walks in and asks if that was that guy that did whatever, someone answered her affirmatively and she opened fired in the squad room, killing some folks in the cage and a nun that happened to be standing there as well….

• icywinter2 says:

Jenna was the one who started shooting, Stabler ended up killing her. In the beginning of Season 13, we learned that Elliot would have to jump through a lot of hoops in order to come back. That meant a lot psych evulations, he ended up retiring instead.

Stabler is now officially retired.

48. Sean says:

Chris Meloni should get a new show, he is a wonderful actor. However, it would be nice to see him back on SVU to wrap stuff up. It was such a strange way to have his character leave – not very fair to the fans. However, the show has gone down hill since he left, maybe he is the lucky one!

• icywinter2 says:

@Sean- The show has not got downhill since he left, that is not even true. It wasn’t a strange way for him to leave, his character took retirement we learned that in the beginning of Season 13.
      Chris has done TV, he was just in True blood before his character ended up getting staked.

He’s been shooting movies lately, three to be exact.

• Michelle says:

It was a very odd way for him to be written off the show but the fault lies with those at NBC/SVU who decided to leave negotiations until AFTER the shooting had finished. The same thing happened 2 years previously except that time he did sign.
      Warren Leight doesn’t seem to understand that it is not up to Chris to ask himself back on the show. The writers would need to have a storyline for Stabler and then ask Chris to come back. It would have been much preferable if they had asked him to stay for one or two episodes to do the storyline properly at the time.
      If Chris has any clue about the way Warren Leight has spoken about Chris, the character he played, and his fans, I would imagine he would realize that he is better off away from the show completely. Neal Baer, for all his faults, was considerably more professional when dealing with fans of the show.
      Chris has done True Blood and parts in 5 films since then, including 42 with Harrison Ford, and Small Time, where he is the lead. I think that it’s great that he is getting to do a range of work and it would be nice if he finally gets the recognition he deserves.

• icywinter2 says:

@Michelle- Warren does understand, and it is up to Chris if he wanted to come back. Warren can ask all he wants, but knows it’s only up to Chris himself. Yet, Warren already knows Chris isn’t interested.

I don’t think Neal Baer was anymore professional with dealing with the fans than warren. He didn’t have to deal with the twitter fans constantly harassing him about getting Chris back. Like it’s really up to warren.

Warren can only have so much patience, I don’t blame him. People seriously need to move on, we all miss Stabler but we don’t all whine and complain non-stop. There’s no reason to get angry over the fact that Chris isn’t coming back, it’s almost two years now. Deal with it and move on.

Putting down the show is immature, just because he left.

The only way for the writers to have a storyline for Stabler is if Chris wanted to come back. They can ask but there’s nothing they can do if he doesn’t want to do it. Which is exactly that, he’s moved on with his life and career.

• Michelle says:

You don’t seem to have understood my point. Warren Leight COULD have asked Chris back to finish the storyline but DIDN’T. It has never been up to Chris to ask himself back on the show to wrap up the storyline.
          I have no anger towards anyone for Chris leaving. It was his choice, and, in fact, I think he should have left the show earlier. What I AM annoyed about is just how rude and unprofessional Warren Leight has been. Neal Baer got plenty of angry tweets from people who felt he was depriving them of E/O. He was NEVER nasty. Warren Leight comes across as very rude to anyone who does not suck up to him regardless of whether they even mention Chris/Stabler. When I first read this article I thought that since he wasn’t being snappy in this article that somehow he had gained some decorum- I went over to Twitter to see him snapping at yet another fan.
          People have other reasons for putting down the show than because of Chris. The whole style of the show has changed, the CI openings, the photography/lighting, the characterisation of people that have been known for 12 years. I watched the show last season and was honestly quite bored. I certainly wouldn’t dream of watching reruns. In the end it doesn’t matter what I think, the poor ratings speak for themselves. Arrogance will ultimately be Warren Leight’s downfall.

49. Elisa2010 says:

Another site mentioned that in a flash-forward scene you will see that this is Dan’s and Blair’s child btw

50. Anna says:

Wow. Gossip Girl fans are pretty nasty to each other. I know better than most how passionate one can become over television, but there’s no reason to be mean!