Glee's 'Break Up' Episode: 12 Quick Observations

Get More: Glee, Previews

Glee Break UpHere’s your TVLine shopping advisory for Wednesday, October 3, 2012: Head to the drug store and stock up on Kleenex. Because come Thursday evening, tissues will likely be selling at a premium, thanks to Episode 4 of Glee‘s fourth season, aptly titled “The Break Up.”

Suffice to say that if you love — or even used to love — any of the central couples on Fox’s high-school musical, you’re almost certainly going to shed a tear or two before the hour is over. You might even wind up bawling. At a bare minimum, you’ll get a lump in your throat.

Having just watched the episode from start to finish, here are 12 quick spoilery (but not too, too spoilery) observations:

* Don’t be fooled by the episode’s title: “The Break Up” implies singular, but more than one major relationship winds up in a body bag this week. And pretty much every major romantic relationship gets seriously tested.

* The phrase “Lima loser” once again rears its ugly, anti-Ohio head, and indeed it once again rolls off the tongue of one Finn Hudson.

* Speaking of Finn, let’s just say that wherever he spent the last several months completely freezing out Rachel — and not to worry, Ryan Murphy & Co. definitely fill in the blanks in his summer itinerary — treated him very, very well (at least from a physical standpoint). Our male lead has never looked quite this fetching.

* Someone finally addresses the absurdity of recent high-school graduate and coffee-shop waiter Kurt scoring a coveted Vogue.com internship simply by taking “photos of every ridiculous outfit he ever paired with a Cossack hat and a see-through raincoat.” (For the record, that someone is Santana.)

* Klaine fans might detect some trouble in the air very early in the episode, when Blaine’s “I love you” is met with the stinging slap of a dial tone.

* You may, at one point in the episode, find yourself shouting at your television: “WHO THE HELL IS THIS ELI C SKANK?”

* My favorite heated retort of the hour comes from Emma Pilsbury, responding to Schue’s insistence that they need to talk about whether or not she’ll take a sabbatical and join him in D.C. as he works on the Blue Ribbon Panel to Improve Arts Education: “We just did! You just don’t like what I have to say!” (I wished she’d added, “and you don’t have to keeping saying the entire name of the Blue Ribbon Panel to Improve Arts Education, either!”)

* “The Break Up,” without a doubt, provides the answer to the following question: “What is the polar opposite of Blaine Warbler’s ‘Teenage Dream’ performance from back in Season 2?”

* When Santana says she doesn’t want to be in one of those long-distance couples who hang in there for a few months, then “break up when someone eventually cheats or things get weird,” Brittany’s earnest, teary-eyed response hits like a sudden and unexpected blow to the soul.

* Saddest line of the episode, for me, came from a couple whose demise I didn’t realize would sting quite so much: “You know I will always love you the most.”

* The Marley-Jake-Kitty triangle gets some screentime, too. (Rejoice or kvetch here as you see fit.)

* Without giving too, too much away about Rachel and Finn’s final conversation this week, let’s just say it’s as intense as the tear-streaked car scene from the Season 3 finale. Is that intense enough for you?

Okay, that’s it from me. Why buy the cow if some guy with a screener has already milked the cow, pasteurized the milk, packaged it in a handy cardboard carton, and put it in your fridge? Um…okay, I’m not sure about that last sentence either. So just hit the comments with your anticipation level for “The Break Up.” Which couples do you think are doomed? Any couple whose demise you cannot abide? Ready, set, speculate!

Tags:

Comments (310)

• Not okay with Klaine breaking up, but the others I’d be alright with.

Comment by D – October 2, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ha ha to calling Finn the ‘male lead’. Darren Criss is the new male lead. GleeOnFox on twitter calls him ‘Glee Star’ whereas Cory Monteith is ‘glee cast member’. Finn is over. Back to Lima for you.

Comment by deadly – October 3, 2012 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What is the use of this comment? What are you trying to prove? Who even cares about this! They are both great actors and each one deserves credit! Stop this nonsense! You are allowed to have an opinion, but please find a better comment to prove this opinion…

Comment by Leanne – October 3, 2012 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cory Monteith is not a great actor, he’s a tall, not bad-looking lousy lousy, lucky actor. You think you’re ever going to see him on Bway like Darren Criss was? The most interesting thing about Monteith is his druggy (mentioned by him himself) past. I hope tonight is the last night we see that boring POS who can’t even sing that well. Buh-bye. Criss rules!!

Comment by Pat Graney – October 4, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Since when is there only one male lead on the show? Pat, going after someone you don’t even know says a lot more about you than it does about Monteith. How old are you, anyway?

Comment by Kate – October 4, 2012 02:05 PM PDT
      • Finn has been and always will be the male lead of the show. As long as Rachel is the female lead (and she is) Finn Hudson will always be the male lead. That’s just the way the show is written and contracts are done.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Darren gets to sing more songs. But Blaine has never and will never get the storyline, character development, and legit screen time that Finn does.

Comment by Sarah – October 3, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Both Chris and Cory are more of a lead than Darren is on the show.

Comment by wsho – October 3, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no they are *yawn*

Comment by daved – October 4, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not okay with Klaine breaking up for crap reasons. Distance is one thing, cheating? It makes absolutely no sense.

Comment by J. – October 3, 2012 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do not belive that he is cheating. I don’t think Ryan would do that. He is team klaine.

Comment by whitleigh92 – October 3, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How does cheating make no sense? Just because you love the characters and the relationship does not make you an authority on them. And even if Ryan “loves Klaine”, he should be able to do what he damn pleases to move the larger narrative into something worth a crap this season.

Comment by Ugh – October 3, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think cheating makes no sense because THATS exactly what Blaine hated about the whole Chandler-Kurt issue. So making this about cheating is just a complete 360 angle turn for the character of Blaine. Which is just sad because they’ve originally written him of as someone who is charismatic and gentelmanly. But this is a tv show and I guess the writers just wants to get more viewers…even if the cost is the consistency of their characters.

Comment by Sheila – October 3, 2012 07:04 PM PDT
          • exactly.

Comment by daved – October 4, 2012 07:00 AM PDT
      • I don’t think Klaine is breaking up, and neither one of them cheated.

Comment by Kristen – October 3, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sweetie, did yoU READ Ausiello’s post???

Comment by Pat Graney – October 4, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Blaine has already proven to be a hypocritical so him cheating on Kurt after making such a big deal about the Kurt/Chandler thing isn’t really surprising.

Comment by michael – October 3, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And besides, Kurt is actively ignoring him.

Comment by daved – October 4, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • But for someone who insisted on communication if they weren’t happy (“Talk to me, Tell me that you’re unhappy, but don’t cheat on me”Blaine to kurt in Dance With Somebody) why the hell didn’t he go to Kurt and talk to him instead of going out and having sex with some stranger. That’s what I don’t understand.

Comment by Kay – October 4, 2012 04:34 PM PDT
    • I feel the same! Klaine forever!!!!

Comment by whitleigh92 – October 3, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t want to see Klaine break up at all! This would be the worst part of the show for me. I have grown to appreciate their relationship. I also really like Finn and rachael together and hope if they do break up, that somewhere down the line they find each other again.

Comment by Jackie – October 3, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same here

Comment by Hayden – October 3, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • michael you are awesome and always make me chuckle. for that, I thank you. :)

Comment by singingal – October 2, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say break all the couples up. Glee doesn’t do relationships well.

Comment by Heartless – October 2, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Truth!

Comment by Natalie – October 3, 2012 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually that isn’t true…They did the Faberry relationship very well. Of course that is because it isn’t canon – ROFLMAO

Comment by Anon – October 3, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS. And they will. I predict that only Schue and Emma will survive this episode. Glee says they’re trying to do a true-to-life teen experience – well, breaking them all up would be pretty authentic. Relationships rarely survive long-distance, especially at this age.

And re: Marley-Jake-Kitty – can we PLEASE stop with the exact same storylines over and over? Marley is obvs Rachel season 1, Jake is Finn (with a little bit of Puck) season 1, and Kitty is clearly Quinn season 1. Ugh. Can’t Marley and Jake just get together like normal teens would? It’s obvious that Jake doesn’t even really like Kitty.

Comment by Tiff – October 3, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. Finchel, Klaine and Brittana are boring. Jarley rocks BTW!

Comment by Phil – October 3, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty disappointed that Kurt and Blaine won’t make it, but if they need time apart to grow and be single for awhile then so be it, even if I always thought they were two of the better communicators on the show.

Comment by Derek – October 2, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Though, I’m probably not going to be overly saddened by any of the other couples calling it quits.

Comment by Derek – October 2, 2012 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is high school after all…

Comment by DarkDefender – October 3, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaine’s breakup I’m going to jump literally

Comment by 200% Done – October 2, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just because a couple or couples break up doesn’t mean it is forever. This is how television shows work. I wouldn’t be surprised if the people in the couples that break up eventually find their way back to each other.

Comment by Eric – October 2, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yeah, and then the couple that did stay together will break up in that episode.

Comment by Russ – October 3, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #FinchelForever

Comment by Denise – October 2, 2012 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • #VomitForever

Comment by ann – October 2, 2012 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rude.

Comment by amber (@amberissmiling) – October 2, 2012 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t be rude, please.

Comment by Nene – October 2, 2012 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • #ThatSoundsReallyBadForYourGastrointestinalTract

Comment by wordsmith – October 3, 2012 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • #ignorentforever
        Hahaha. Glee has never been about dividing gay and straight ships. If you dislike Finchel, don’t watch Glee or turn to the New Normal….

Comment by Leanne – October 3, 2012 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m with Olivia. #ignorantisspelledwithanA

Comment by Sarah Beth – October 3, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I will respond to you in the fashion of Sue Sylvester…”I am surrounded by idiots.”

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sue does have a way with words.

Comment by Sil – October 3, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That was amazing.

Comment by Katie – October 3, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was funny. c:

Comment by Phyllis – October 3, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally the day I’ve been waiting for Kaine is breaking up. They never had any chemistry and their relationship was moved way to fast to old married couple who has no love for each other anymore. I mean they barely even sat next to each other in the choir room. I hope they find some better suited for Kurt and actually has chemistry with Chris

Comment by Truth – October 2, 2012 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bless this post

Comment by Lna – October 2, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! Everyone disses Finn and Rachel because they are too sappy, but even in their sappiest dating last season, they weren’t flirting/texting with another guy. Kurt just needs to move on and Blaine too. I am glad everyone is breaking up…it will make reunion’s soooo much more exciting. I am just sad they chose to break them up (Finchel) in the manner they have chosen…

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, and Blaine hardly had any time to be a character before he was just lumped in with Kurt.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We’re probably not watching the same show then.

Comment by Lau – October 3, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn and Rachel didn’t always sit next to each other either. I remember Rachel sitting with Klaine and just Kurt, just Darren. They didn’t always sit together so your argument is invalid.

Comment by Laura – October 3, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that I know Klaine breaks up because of Blaine cheating on Kurt I am officially done with this show. Cheating is unforgivable and since they were my favorite couple I’m not watching anymore.

Comment by Lynn – October 2, 2012 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • breaking news, everyone cheats in glee

Comment by blair – October 2, 2012 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rachel cheated on Finn in season 2, and out of spite. I don’t know why Klaine should be free of that whole mess. They’re finally a real Glee couple, hey. Besides, they’re gonna get back together. The shippers are so sensitive.

Comment by Alex – October 3, 2012 12:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Further breaking news: people cheat in real life. Gasp! And theater people, even at high school age, are prone to cheat; I know this from personal experience from even an amateur theater group where you would not believe the intrigues.

Comment by Pat Graney – October 4, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cheating is unforgivable, but trying to force someone to have sex because you’ve had a few too many beers and danced with someone else all night is okay. I swear, Klaine shippers are delusional.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 03:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I kinda love you, Mark. TBQH the Klaine-lationship recently hasn’t been all that healthy for EITHER participant.

Comment by Rachel – October 3, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re always harping on about the date rape thing.
        It’s not like Blaine slipped Kurt a Mickey and had his debaucherous way with him.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Harping on? They sent a horrible message with that episode. Kurt rightfully said NO, several times, and then later apologized for not being adventurous enough or what the hell ever. Uh, no, it’s not a bad thing to watch your boyfriend dance with someone else and then NOT want to sleep with his drunk @$$. My sister got raped by some drunken douchebag in high school and I beat him into oblivion, it’s a personal issue for me.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I didn’t see anything wrong with those things either.
            Also Glee shouldn’t do “messages”. If anything they should try to be less preachy.

Blaine’s such a sub now. That’s part of why they don’t go together. They’re too similar. He’s maybe not as bitchy and uptight as Kurt. But it’s a close thing. I actually think being with Kurt made Blaine more like Kurt. I want them to break up so badly. Maybe then Kurt would stop behaving like he has a cactus up his behind, and Blaine can be his own person.

Comment by Feltons – October 3, 2012 06:38 AM PDT
          • * and get kurt’s cactus out of his own behind.

Comment by Feltons – October 3, 2012 06:39 AM PDT
          • I wouldn’t necessarily call it date rape, but Kurt did say no several times and had to push Blaine off of him and get himself out of the car because Blaine wouldn’t stop. And the fact that Blaine was actually mad at Kurt for that, drunk or not, was just messed up. And then Kurt apologized to Blaine, while Blaine apologized……for getting drunk. Some Klaine/Blarren stans are so quick to justify everything that Blaine does as if he can do no wrong. It’s pretty ridiculous.

Comment by samuel – October 4, 2012 09:16 AM PDT
      • OH MY GOD are you serious? He didn’t force Kurt into having sex, they were together and he was a little drunk. Yes, he danced with Sebastian but he never took his eyes off Kurt the whole time he did. I just…woah, that is so not what happened! Kurt was into it for a split second and Blaine was horny because they are teenagers but he stopped trying as soon as Kurt backed away.

Comment by Lau – October 3, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Kurt is such a little bitch. So what if Blaine was “dancing” with sebastian. They weren’t even dancing all that closely.

Comment by Feltons – October 3, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are YOU serious? I hope you aren’t dating until you take a sex ed class. Kurt had to verbally shout no several time and physically push Blaine back to get away from him. Blaine then has the gall to yell at Kurt for not just letting him have sex with him. That is an attempted date rape. Kurt could have gone to the police and Blaine would have been arrested.

I can’t believe how horrible of a message that Glee sent to the millions of teens that watch it. No means no, and you don’t get a pass because you’re drunk or the person had sex with you before or you are dating.

Blaine should have been on his knees begging Kurt to forgive him for almost forcing sex on him. Having Kurt apologizing for not giving in was unbelivible, let alone deciding that even through they have only ever kissed before he suddenly wants to have sex. It was one of the worse written moments ever.

Comment by Ashes – October 3, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “have only ever kissed before he suddenly wants to have sex”
            fact you may not have heard before coming your way: you’re wrong. they will have gone further than kissing, the TV show just hasn’t shown it. they don’t show every sexual moment they have. i’m not going to argue with you about the car scene because i don’t think i have the energy. i’m just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

Comment by i'm smart you're dumb – October 3, 2012 07:40 AM PDT
          • No one should be on their knees in front of Kurt unless they’re sawing his tiny dick off.

Comment by andyfree – October 3, 2012 08:08 AM PDT
          • @”I’m smart but you’re dumb” You’re actually wrong. They specifically said that Kurt and Blaine had an agreement that they stay above the waist. CANON.

Comment by Ronnie – October 3, 2012 10:09 AM PDT
          • I wonder if you’re one of those persons who didn’t bother watching the episode and just take what haters say as gospel. Kurt said no a few times and pushed Blaine’s hands away while on top of Blaine and removed himself from the situation and let him have it. Blaine deserved to be yelled at, deserved to be told off in that moment because he was very much in the wrong. He really would not have been arrested for date rape because he didn’t give Kurt drugged alcohol, didn’t jump on top of Kurt and hold him down and abuse him. He was really drunk and tried to have sex with his boyfriend and was shot down, then left the scene.

Kurt apologizing for not being a gay bar superstar and instead being a silly romantic was dumb, which is why Blaine doesn’t say “I accept your apology, now continue to grovel”: but instead shakes his head and says “it’s not silly”, after telling Kurt THAT HE WAS RIGHT and that he was sorry. I mean, it’s always interesting to see this talent haters have of twisting what’s on the television screen, but it’s kind of getting exhausting at this point.

Comment by ace – October 3, 2012 04:53 PM PDT
          • Here to support to Ace’s astute comment and adding that as a fan of Finn, I am well used to context-free twisted interpretations of a character’s actions to attempt to justify hate of that character.

Comment by Inigo – October 4, 2012 09:07 AM PDT
    • Remember that Blaine considered the texting, flirty messages between Kurt and music sheet store guy as cheating. Remember the whole “It’s Not Right, but that’s ok” thing.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved INRBIO. It was actually hilarious.
        The music video-esque nature of it, and the blacked out set. Just lush.
        Kurt’s expression, Blaine’s sass. everything.

Comment by Figpf – October 3, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I KNOW, best part of the Whitney tribute, and Santanta saying, Oh Snap! at the end…LOL!

Comment by Gerry'sgirls – October 3, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that cheating is wrong, but everyone deserves a second chance. And we don’t know that he actually cheated. He feels guilty about something – could be that he met someone and maybe kissed him and now feels guilty about it. We will just have to watch the episode. But I feel that if after he confesses and Kurt hopefully forgives him, that if he strays again then that would be cause for some serious consequences (break up). I would hope that they can work through this and become stronger in the end.

Comment by Kay – October 3, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That sounds terrible. Klaine is so safe and boring together at the moment. If they’re going with Blaine cheating, they should just break them up, and not draw it out with Kurt being high and mighty and handing out second chances. it would be so dull.

Comment by blinaanderchang – October 3, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s why they have this shocker of Blaine cheating, to show they’re not as safe and boring as everyone in the world assumed. They can make mistakes too, big mistakes that result in breakups. That doesn’t mean they have the stay apart for good. And Kurt definitely shouldn’t come out high and mighty. I want resolution and for them to end up back together, but I want it to be satisfying.

Comment by ace – October 3, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • These days, what show doesn’t cover cheating…?

Comment by Emily – October 3, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now you know how Finchel fans feel. Finchel has always been the ones who did it the most. Since the start there was always cheating by someone.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Our male lead has never looked quite this fetching.” I’m going to tune out everything and watch for this. I agree. Even from the promos, Cory has never looked better. Misery must agree with Finn. Sobbing.

Comment by Denise – October 2, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the really short, cropped hair…I love it when Cory does the sides really short! He sounds really good too in all the songs.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee start to get terrible when they formed these couples, it’s always interesting to see what the writers would do to save the ratings . But let’s say what’s done is done, I really don’t see how it would call back the fans who had been disappointed so many times and abandoned the show long time ago.

Comment by Daniel – October 2, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • High school shows end for a reason, there is just so much you can do with the life of teens. Other shows that deal with adult situations, Friends for example, have more options for stories that can carry them for the long haul. And frankly, without Ross and Rachel, Friends would have ended earlier than it did, too! That’s why they kept breaking them up.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My heart is aching for Finn and Rachel… hope that they will come back together at some point, I love them so much.

Comment by Gina – October 2, 2012 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Christ, honey are you 13?? “Heart aching”? it’s a TV show; Dear God…

Comment by Pat Graney – October 4, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well of course Finchel is going to break up again which I am beyond upset about – didn’t we have it hard enough with Goodbye!!! I love the other couples but I’m sorry if Finchel have to break up AGAIN then I am glad one of the other couples is #Sorry. One thing is for sure – I am not emotionally prepared for this episode :’(

Comment by ♥MonchelePerfection♥ (@MoncheleKisses) – October 2, 2012 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear lord, fire those boring new kids. Can’t act and all the charisma of a plank of wood.

Comment by Eew stop – October 2, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS. THIS THIS THIS.

Comment by Jessie – October 3, 2012 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THAT. THAT. THAT. THAT. Really kind of stunned by how little I care about any of the new 2×4′s. I even cared a bit about that little Irish lad who couldn’t act, but these three?

Comment by Jasper – October 3, 2012 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I like the new kids. I think Jake has the BEST male voice that Glee have ever had…manly, smooth and clean. Even better than Blaine’s (sorry Blaine worshippers). And the new girl is fantastic. I am looking forward to their stories. Yes, their acting is not stellar. You have Cory who initially took a lot of crap because people were saying he couldn’t sing (I personally loved his voice in season 1 and more now), but he could act circles even around Lea, who you could tell her acting was geared more for stage…big, bold movements. Now we have great singers, but they need time to simmer a little…let them mature a little in their acting. I think they’ll be great. And the chemistry between Jake and Marley sizzles.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that. It is really hard to concentrate on McKinley because its B-O-R-I-N-G I know that now Finn is back ay McKinley, I’m gonna be in tuned to it. The new ones are like a flat tire. The car doesn’t run right.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t want Brittana to break up. They’re supposed to be best friends, girlfriends. They have so much potential, but the writers never gave them anything.

Comment by Nac – October 2, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Michael – October 3, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • praise! they have so much chemistry, ill be so sad if they do split up, although im pretty scared for the end result, im excited for this “steamy laundry scene” were getting!

Comment by lostwithoutsantana – October 3, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG my heart is already breakingfor Finn… i’m ready for him to start loving and believing in himself so that he can see that he’s right for Rachel…. i’m hoping for an eventual and epic Finchel reunion #FinchelForever

Comment by Cheyenne – October 2, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I realize that it is necessary for Rach and Finn to grow up. Finn needs a healthy dose of self love to realize he’s right for Rachel and he can be anything he puts his mind to. As Mr Shue told Finn you have to dare to dream. This is Finn’s year ro excel. He’ll find his way. I’m just hoping it won’t take all season for him to get there.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking up Finchel is getting really old. Keep Brody around and your guaranteed to lose viewers, especially this one. #FinchelForever

Comment by Lily – October 2, 2012 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!

Comment by Nene – October 2, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Brody with Rachel will last long; probably end by the end of the season. If they keep his character for next season, it will be because the fans want him and so he won’t be the Rachel connection anymore. If nothing else, he will create some good tension between himself and Finn, because we know a jealous Finn, is a HOT Finn.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorites, Finn and Rachel started from the First Pilot. The “Hot Male Lead” and the “Stunning Young Ingenue” everyone roots for did become an item. And they almost got married. Now they are breaking up, who knows for how long. Box of tissues ready. Bring on the pain. Let just get this episode over with.

Comment by Selina – October 2, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen, to that!

Comment by Gerry'sgirls – October 3, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn and Rachel are a forever kind of love. If there’s any break up I see it as being more of a break to figure out who they are a part. I’ll be waiting for their sure to be epic reunion.

Comment by Lily – October 2, 2012 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i swear! i’ll quit Glee if they messed up with Brittana and make Finchel survive!

Comment by shing – October 2, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When did these two relationships become warring factors? Can’t you like your couple without wanting to take the other one down? Grow Up!

Comment by Gerry'sgirls – October 3, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I hate everything. I’ll be really upset if Blaine cheats. That seems so un-Blaine like. And I don’t know that I can stand another Finchel break up. What is this? Number 7? Can the writers really not come up with any more drama besides just breaking them up again? It’s just…upsetting and tiresome. Has any other couple broken up this many times? Nope. People complain that Finchel kiss too much…well they break up too much too! For every kiss, you can be assured that there was some sort of heartbreak that preceded it.

I want to watch the show. I want to love the show. I want it to be a freaking comedy!!

Comment by amber (@amberissmiling) – October 2, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well they’re kinda like Blair and Chuck in Gossip Girl haha

Comment by sidra – October 3, 2012 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Un-Blaine like?” I’m sorry, did you see the puppy dog eyes he kept shooting at Sebastian? And the fact that he contacted Sebastian and let the ND set list slip and thought that was okay DESPITE Sebastian making it VERY clear he wanted to jump him, and then turning on Kurt because of a couple of flirty texts and humiliating him through Whitney-song? Yeah. What even.

Comment by Rachel – October 3, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, he threw a fit last year when Kurt was texting that other dude. For someone so against cheating, it seems unlike him to cheat.

Comment by amber (@amberissmiling) – October 3, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine is a hypocrite, as well as an attention whore. It doesn’t surprise me at all if he cheats. I’m sure he can’t stand not being the center of Kurt’s world now.

Comment by stittsyk – October 3, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m fully in support of Blaine slutting it up and spiralling and having meaningless sex stuff.
        I’ve wanted this since season 2.
        So I think it’s in character.
        The character I initially thought he was.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • HA! I am *so* with you on this. Let Blaine have some fun while Kurt’s away. We all know they’ll get back together in the end.

Comment by TooJaded – October 4, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love how all of the media screeners say it comes completely out of left field and is out-of-character, then you have blind haters saying things like this. It shows how out of touch some people are with the show and their own twisted head-canon.

Comment by ace – October 3, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, please. Anyone who uses the words “haters” and “head-canon” needs a knock upside their “head-canon”. Please understand it’s just a show.

Comment by TooJaded – October 4, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. Personally, I feel Glee is way too serious. Glee has always handled angst with breakk ups to any couple. That’s Glee. I’ve been on a band wagon about how the dramedy has tarnished my interest in Glee for awhile now. IMO, better as a comedy. For me, to have 1 episode so angst filled for all couples to go through anguish is too much for the characters and for the fans of those couples to sit through. this episode is not 1 to watch but to get thru just to see the light at the end of the tunnel for them. I’m not gonna watch it. It isn’t what Glee is for me to have to endure heartbreak for the characters I love to watch. Once it’s over then a real and interesting episode can propel the story forward for the characters-that means all of them.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Finchel heart is gonna hurt so bad. I just hope the storyline is right and they break up for the right reasons and find themselves alone and then have a beautiful epic reunion. This is gonna be so hard. The car scene killed me. Finchel fans get so much hurt, but the payoff is incredible. Plus the amazing acting Lea and Cory bring is gonna be so satisfying. They deserve so many awards. Even scenes with the, not dating are fine because they both play off each other so well. I do hope this heartbreak will be worth it. I will ship Finchel forever. Tethered soulmates. Heroes, homes, and true love.

Comment by Angel – October 2, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • mercedespraise.gif

Comment by blair – October 2, 2012 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope (but don’t really believe this will happen) that this is the last time “lima loser” ever passes Finn’s lips… Finn is the only one I’m rooting for at this point. At his soul, he is a good person, and I want him to be happy. Happy characters and SL’s are never boring to me (my opinion). I want to feel content, happy, satisfied, uplifted or just plain ol’ good when I watch Glee (only one of the above emotions would satisfy me, not all at once of course), and that has not happened this season…

Comment by Jet – October 2, 2012 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My heart is also breaking for Finn. I hope too this time it’s the last time that phrase ever passes through his lips. Fingers crossed. He needs to get out of this funk soon!

Comment by Karell – October 2, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! I want happy Finn too! :(

Comment by amber (@amberissmiling) – October 2, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn has always been the one character I don’t want to see become a Lima Loser. From the first episode you always saw he was the one that was scared this goingto happen to him but he didn’t have the confidence to know how to avoid it happening.

Comment by Jenny – October 3, 2012 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryan did say that Finn will finally find his purpose this season…we just have to wait and see. Have faith in the writers.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • being a part of something special makes you special, and finchel being a part of glee is what made it special since day one. i’m already upset honestly, but as long as the story keeps being about THEM and not about third parties (especially ones so poorly acted), i’ll stick around. i just hope they’d have gone other way instead of this way, i’m sick of break ups, finchel has been through way too many, and there’s so many other things they could do with them being together and struggling finding themselves instead of breaking them up AGAIN. but, yeah. as long as there’s finchel being finchel, and a happy finchel ending (and maybe some hot action come on you’re in a new time slot), count me in.

Comment by blair – October 2, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If some couples are breaking up, I hope it’s for good. I hate that shows revisit relationships every season (think 90210 or Gossip Girl), it gets tired. That being said, I’m rooting for Rachel and Brody, so it would be good if Finn gets out of the picture… The others, I don’t care so much for them. Glee I think, is stronger when its focused on individual arcs, they’re bad at writing couples.

Comment by James – October 2, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, break up the couples for good but don’t put them in meaningless relationships right away, lest it cheapens the very act of severing a once-in-lifetime kind of love like Finn and Rachel have. What good will it do to Rachel’s character if after a break up with the love of her life, she immediately hangs on the arm of another boy she barely knows. If Glee wants to be respected for its writing, and are keen to get on with this break up storyline, they should just keep the story focused on individual stories and their struggles to achieve their dreams, and get rid of the appendages that don’t bring anything substantial nor compelling to these stories.

Comment by Nadia – October 2, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You said it sister. THIS! So true. There is so much angst possibilities for Rachel to go through at school. Just to fall for the charm and kind sweet words of a guy she doesn’t know. We know that Rachel has insecuritues issues.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually as a Finn fan, I’m beginning to think it WOULD be a good thing for Finn to get out of that relationship for now. Run, Finn Run! Let Rachel have her boring love relationship storyline in NYC with the boring new guy! (Actually I feel bad for Lea to lose a acting partner in Cory but I’m sure Dean is quite talented enough to fill Cory’s big shoes………………oh wait.)

Comment by Millie – October 3, 2012 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you! From that clip on Ellen…the look on his face when he watches her sing with Brody. How cruel…when did Rachel start being this way? We all know that duets with her are like foreplay, and Finn knows, too! I have never wanted to reach into the tv and give a character and hug and kiss. #FinnNeedsAHug

Comment by #FinnNeedsAHug – October 3, 2012 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • couldn’t agree with you more

Comment by sidra – October 3, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the heads up; now I’m convinced that I’m making the right decision to skip this one, as I’ve been skipping the previous episodes. I’m not worried that Cory and Lea will be extraordinary in this episode; they are among the best in the group and they always do us fans proud of them, everytime they are on screen. But, it’s the story I’m not liking and I really don’t like the angst. So thanks, but no thanks, Glee. Maybe I’ll give in and take a peak next year after I know what happens at the season finale. Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to seeing Cory Monteith on the big screen soon; that’s something really worth investing time for.

Comment by Norma – October 2, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? But based on a radio interview he did with the director for McCanick, the director said Cory will be virtually unrecognizable…very different. He said he morphed into this criminal character flawlessly. Bottom line…they’ll be no sweetness, like Finn, in him.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just shows how special an actor he really is. How proud we Cory fans are.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I have to deal with a finchel break up AGAIN hope Cory and Lea get a lot of praise for their acting cause they leave their heart there every time they opposite each other. I`m so sad for Finn and Rachel and I hope I can still root for them and they eventually find their way to each other

Comment by mary – October 2, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna by petty for a sec because I already see hate which was unwarranted: I hope by the time the episode is over and its aftermath is over, that the fandoms that thrive on hate and making others miserable, get their due…

Comment by Me – October 2, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (YAAAAAWWWN) so predictable… next: (at least) 14 episodes filled with the aftermath of whatever couple(s) “break up drama” until they all reunite in the last (fluffy and teary) 4 episodes…. and then they all will say to each other “ahhhh you’re the love of my liiiife” “let’s get married right now, now for real!” “aww we were always meant to be together for all eternity…” blah blah blah

Why is that the (almost) only emotional bond this show cares about are “romantic couples”, when most people at this age are barely able to figure themselves? what about issues like maturing, friendships, family, entering the work field, etc? the great majority of people, straight or gay alike, spend their high-school and college years single, or at least not in a “serious-adult-grown up-committed-permanent relationship” because of many factors (real life issues: not much time left from study, emotional immaturity, awkwardness, etc), then it really pisses me off that Glee makes it look like “hey, if you’re 17 and single (or at least, not having had a bf/gf at this point) you’re a failure and deemed to be forever alone”… and this is specially accurate for gay teens, whose choices in this matter are VERY limited (at the very least, until going to college, and even that is an stretch); I wonder how many of the audience end feeling worse about themselves after watching any episode of “Glee”, filled with pretty glossy gorgeous people getting together (underdogs? what underdogs???) and where insulting phrases based on physical features, weight, beauty, sexuality, race, diseases, etc, are the base of the “comedic element” :P

Comment by Rod – October 2, 2012 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kurt and Blaine and Santana and Brittany are all gay and have all struggled throughout the show. Just because they’re in a relationship doesn’t mean everything has been lollipops and rainbows. :( All of them struggle constantly, actually; to be liked, to be accepted, to be “worthy.” It’s not abnormal for there to be relationships, and some of them haven’t had many at all.

I will agree with you on one thing, though; they’re all gorgeous.

Comment by amber (@amberissmiling) – October 2, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, commenter above me. They haven’t really struggled like someone in an abusive family would be struggling. And that would be a much better storyline, but, knowing the writers of Glee they’ll probably mess that up too. I agree with the other guy because it’s SO Unrealistic. In high school you will literally be dating someone for three to four hours before they break up with you
        a

Comment by Phyllis – October 3, 2012 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Quinn’s father disowned her. Puck’s father abandoned him. Finn and Kurt both lost their parents. Santana’s grandmother disowned her. Mike’s father almost disowned him. Right?

Comment by amber (@amberissmiling) – October 3, 2012 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Mike’s father definitely expressed disapproval of Mike’s choice to dance after high school – it was never an official disownment before Tina and Mom convinced him to support his dream.

Also, Sam’s family was ‘homeless’ living in a cheap motel. Santana and Kurt and Karofsky struggled with admiting their sexuality openly. Rachel, Quinn, Finn have had insecurities about their personal appearance and/or social status – don’t know what gets more high school than that.

True that most high school relationships are brief, but some do last. also, IRL, the gang would stay friends at least until they drift apart with their new lives. For them to still consider themselves BFF’s after graduation is very true – IRL, 20 years from now, they probably won’t all be as close.

This season is about how life changes after high school and part of that is letting go of the past and working your way in a ‘bigger pond’.

Comment by AngD – October 3, 2012 09:50 AM PDT
        • “I agree with the other guy because it’s SO Unrealistic. In high school you will literally be dating someone for three to four hours before they break up with you”

That “literal” fact must have slipped by me and my hubby who have been together since we were 16 (21 years together this year). It’s not unrealistic. Not common, perhaps, but unrealistic? No. I’m living proof.

Comment by J – October 3, 2012 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You have a great point. I didn’t meet my hubby until way after college graduation. However, the summer after freshman year in college I was a bridesmaid in 7 weddings. SEVEN… all were high school couples. Three have divorced; the rest are still happy and thriving. When you find “the one” you know it. You may want to experience other things to prove it to yourself, but you know it.

Comment by Gerry'sgirls – October 3, 2012 06:33 AM PDT
    • It’s because the age group that watches this show is obsessed with the “romantic” idea of finding your soulmate at the age of seventeen.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There is a small percentage of the population who are so blessed to find their other half in high school. I didn’t, I’m like the majority of people. But to say it doesn’t exist is not so.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rod you’re absolutely right!!

Comment by Hannah – October 3, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brittana can’t break up. They’re soulmates.

Comment by Alex – October 2, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s hard to be soulmates with such a huge gap between their IQ’s.

Comment by fredw – October 3, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • preach, omg their perfect for eachother.

Comment by lostwithoutsantana – October 3, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t really care who breaks up but I really liked the Barely Breathing cover.

Comment by A – October 2, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Darren and Cory sounded so good together!

Comment by Hal – October 3, 2012 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I liked that one.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The lyrics just kill me…you can almost feel the combination of longing AND anger. Brilliant!

Comment by Gerry'sgirls – October 3, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see all major couple coming to end by the time the episode is over – and that includes Emma and Schue.
    If the writers have Blaine cheat, they will have done a 180 degree approach to a character that was supposed to be a mentor of sorts and will have committed a major character assassination. Not to mention the been there, done that from the Whitney Houston tribute episode from last season.
    But I can also see some of these couples getting back together at the end of the season. It will frustrate me if two of my favorite couple are totally broken but then I remember what Joss Whedon once said “writers give fans what the need, not always what they want” when it comes to moving forward in plot lines. But I do hope that Ryan Murphy is prepared for major backlash regardless of who breaks up or stays together.

Comment by CA – October 3, 2012 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, it’s been confirmed that Will/Emma don’t break-up in this episode.

Comment by Sara (@Saranoh2009) – October 3, 2012 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They committed major character assassination with Blaine back when they had him date Rachel. They did it again when they had him almost date-rape Kurt in the back of a car. Blaine has never HAD a consistent characterization.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why is dating rachel character assassination?
        Kurt dated Brittany.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Blaine knew Kurt liked him and proceeded to date his best friend. Douche behavior. He was not presented that way prior to the Christmas break in season 2. Thanks for assuming whatever you assumed, though. I actually liked Blaine before that point.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He also had told Kurt he wanted to be “just friends.”

Comment by Gerry'sgirls – October 3, 2012 06:49 AM PDT
          • Kurt kept acting like he owned Blaine.
            His presence is stifling.

Comment by andyfree – October 3, 2012 08:03 AM PDT
      • THIS. THIS THIS THIS. They had so many opportunities to further Blaine’s characterization and development, but he’s all surface. =_=””

Comment by Rachel – October 3, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s because he dated Kurt. And only talked to Kurt for ages.
          This is why I hate klainers.

Comment by spearisfierceyo – October 3, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you realize that they’re finally starting to develop Blaine? Even one screener said that in this episode you finally say “ah, that’s character growth” with Blaine. And then he has the Dalton stuff and regret from cheating on the person he loves.

Comment by ace – October 3, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based on the fact almost no one has addressed them, I’m going to say that Brittana is the couple you didn’t expect to sting so much… And it’s the only break up that will break my heart. Finchel is tired and has always been boring, Klaine is alright, but I’m not invested. Brittana’s really the only couple (and only pair of characters, for that matter) that I care about, and I’ll lay money that they’re on the chopping block.

Comment by Katherine – October 3, 2012 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see how you see Finchel as tired and boring. Their story the second half of the show was so emotional with Finn trying to hold on to what he thinks is the only special thing in his life. What makes the Santana/Brittany so fresh and new, besides the fact that they are both girls? When did being in a boy/girl relationship become an old fashion thing to do?

Comment by Gerry'sgirls – October 3, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • uhhh maybe for some finn trying to hold onto rachel was a terrible storyline. at least it was for me-no one said anything about boy/girl relationships being old fashioned so i don’t know where you’re getting at. it’s an opinion-lots of people tuned out of glee because they were tired of finchel and how the characters are in the relationship. point blank. that’s someone else’s perspective. deal with it.

Comment by Sam – October 3, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t be surprised if Brittana are one of the couples who break up. I hope they aren’t though.

Comment by Michael – October 3, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agree with everything about this, like britt said, santana’s her best friend too. im gonna be so upset if they do split up

Comment by lostwithoutsantana – October 3, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To me it’s will/emma and the line “you know I will always love you the most” for me it’s emma’s..

rachel/finn, blaine/kurt and santana/britanny all have strong fan bases… emma/will is the couple that if it’s there, it’s okay, if it’s not… well…

Comment by Lei – October 3, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn and Rachel have always been my favourite characters. Individually and together. Ever since the pilot and I love them together and this is gonna hurt so bad. I’m so heartbroken. They’re really why I watch the show and while it’ll be interesting to see them find their way on their own a bit it’s not gonna hurt any less.

I don’t love the other couples half as much as Finchel but I do like them all because they make each other happy. This week though? I’m so messed up. The songs are amazingly heart-wrenching and the fact that it seems like all the teens won’t come out of this together is just so damn sad. It’s like one huge kick in the nuts for the whole Glee fandom.

All I know is when the ep airs, I won’t just be crying about Finchel. So much pain for one episode.

Comment by N – October 3, 2012 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, finally done with Finchel, hope it’s for good this time!! I love Rachel, but Finn is just yuck, hated his singing, he can’t dance, nope, glad it’s over. Rachel deserves someone better than him. He would only hold her back.

Comment by Cottage101 – October 3, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • another testimony to the ever growing perception that the glee fandom is just a whole bunch of immature, shallow tweens. not generally true, in my opinion, but comments like this just don’t help at all. will there ever be a point in time before glee ends its run that the fandom can have an intelligent, rational conversation without resorting to mindless character-bashing and pitiful one liners? can we do that please?

Comment by Nadia – October 3, 2012 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL Glee is not SYTYCD. You don’t have to be a good dancer to play a character on this show. This is a comedy/drama (more of a drama recently -_-) and you need good actors to carry out the storylines. Cory is one of the best actors on this show and the last Cory and Lea’s scene in the S3 finale episode have been praised by so many critics as “the best thing they have ever done on Glee.” I doubt the writers think Finn and Rachel are over yet even if they do break up next episode.

Comment by Bobbie – October 3, 2012 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn is written to be the guy with the heart of gold, who always does the right thing at the end. When didi that kind of guy become YUCK? When you grow up and have a daughter, which kind of guy would you want her to be with? A good guy or a jerk? You should ALWAYS root for the good guy.The writers broke Finn last season…now they will break him down some more before they start resurrecting him.

Comment by Good guys should not finish last – October 3, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This season is the army sergeant way of breaking them down to build them up to be better people and be more adult. Finn was a boy who was the QB and Glee male lead enjoying all the perks of popularity and having many insecurities that always lead him down the wrong path against what was right for him. He was a good friend to many, was the leader who wasn’t so responsible at times but meant well. He was a leader when it meant the most. He fell in the cracks and made some mistakes, some of them big. But at the end of the day he apologized for them and tried to be the better person. sometimes he was the bigger person for his actions. Yes! he made some big mistakes. But he has a;lways had the heart of gold. Always was the one to extent a lending and forgiving hand. He was never to be the best at dancing a big flaw in the male lead. Just a significance of what life is and can be like for the normal person in life. Not all kids or “people” has talents in all things-be exceptional. But he has a;ways been a person of character. Rachel signified one of these exceptional people.
        As you’ve said this season Finn will be resurrected into a man will a purpose and a man driven to achieve this purpose. One of the many flaws Finn was saddled with-a lack of purpose and self confidence. Finn represents many a young person in the world who doesn’t have a clue what to do with himself or his future. There are lots of people who fail to see or accept that Finn was a person with a heart of gold. A wonderful trait to have. A boy who any parent would love to see the daughter date.

Comment by Saf – October 3, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Brittana break up, I am planning on drowning myself and my sorrows in a rather large tub of banana and chocolate ice cream.

Comment by R – October 3, 2012 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just break-up Klaine finally.

Comment by Ian – October 3, 2012 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes please.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish for Klaine to break up !! Blaine is way more interesting alone than just circuling around Kurt..It’s boring!!! we need new couples!! Thought after saying that I believe Klaine won’t break up because Ryan didn’t really prepare any romantic replacements while Sam is Santana’s replacement and Brody is Finn’s replacement..so I think it’s Finchel or Brittana

Comment by sidra – October 3, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • M T E

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The season isn’t over yet though. They have Sebastian coming back in episode 7. And they can always have a new gay character come on the show. For Kurt or Blaine.

Comment by Kay – October 3, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They replace Sebastian with Hunter…new Warbler.

Comment by Good guys should not finish last – October 3, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They may have replaced Sebastian with Hunter, but Sebastian is still part of the group.

Comment by Kay – October 4, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sebastian sucks.

Comment by daved – October 4, 2012 07:06 AM PDT
  • I’ve loved Finchel from the get go, hopefully with their time apart he’ll learn how awesome he is and not to keep running away, and she’ll learn that she’s awesome without a guy having to tell her so and also to stop running to the nearest guy that pays her a little attention, jeez enough with the cheating already! Then RIB I want an epic, and I mean epic reunion. Also sad for the Klaine shippers and the Brittana shippers, break-ups of your ship are never easy, as a finchel shipper I feel your pain.

Comment by Lynsey – October 3, 2012 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • blaine and kurt should stay together blaine a cheat i dont think so they are great together. ruff patch yes break up no come there like everyones fav couple

Comment by Chantelle Collins – October 3, 2012 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re not “everyone’s” favorite couple. They’re the favorite couple of teenage girls who fetishize gay relationships and can’t tell how emotionally toxic their relationship is.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 03:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you. Unfortunately the writers don’t seem to realize how emotionally toxic they’ve written the Klaine relationship either, while trying to pander to the fan girls. I despise Klaine, and I hope their break-up sticks.

Comment by Kristen – October 3, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want blaine to cheat.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You got your wish. He did.

Comment by Kay – October 5, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Rachel to break up with Finn..then he goes back to the army and gets killed..OMG that would be a dream come true..hahah..sorry but if Rachel chooses that potatoe eater Finn over smokin’ Brody then she lost her damn mind!!! I’d take Brody over him anyday..in fact i’d prefer kissing Brody than doing Finn..he has the worst teeth on the show..every time he and Rachel kiss I imagine the smell and I throw up …gross Finn..I hope this is your last episode on Glee

Comment by Rosalinda – October 3, 2012 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am sure your parents are very proud of you! Gosh you talk like anything but a true Gleek! Glee is about being bullied and that is just what you are doing. Why are you judging people? What gives you the right? Do you even know how this makes people feel? So you said what was on your mind…feel liberated? Now please get a real opinion and a life! Please stop this bullying!

Comment by Diana – October 3, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Look granny..if you’re talking to me..save it..first,my parents are so proud of me and they see the world in my eyes..second,I have a very successful life loser..I’m a maths student who won a modeling competition .. and I don’t need your approval to be a gleek, if you wanna be some dummy unicorn living in your imaginary castle then fine..but I keep things real..no normal girl would choose Finny the pooh over Brody..unless it was some freak who wants to share her potatoes with him..like you perhaps..hehe

Comment by Rosalinda – October 3, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my God! What are you like 10 years old? Go finish your milk and cookies and have mommy read you your bedtime story. Hope it doesn’t have anyone dying in it and you end up with nightmares.

Comment by Nincompoop – October 3, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • this is a time when there should be corporal punishment. Glee shows their should be tolerance and respect for others. That childish rant is the antithesis of what Glee represents. But the worst part is that people, usually, youth are open to forums like this and allowed to use verbal vomit and show their immature voices and actions. Very disrespectful to rant against characters of fictional.

Comment by Sil – October 3, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is lame..everytime someone says something you don’t like you accuse him of being 10 years old?..get over yourselves morons..Rosalinda I looove you..you are speaking for all the straight girls..I mean it’s tiring enough to watch hamburger finn being introduced as a hot guy..the only thing that’s hot about him is the boiling disgusting sweat that covers him everytime he moves or sings ..way to go girl..don’t listen to these morons..

Comment by sidra – October 3, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t agree with you more Rosalinda haha!!!

Comment by sidra – October 3, 2012 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cory Monteith who plays Finn…by the way is #11 out of 100 on Glamour’s sexiest men of 2012. I guess the rest of the fan see something you don’t.

Comment by Nincompoop – October 3, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may be a klainer. But I’m so looking forward to this episode. Hee.

Comment by Ander-Rose – October 3, 2012 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the new characters Marley and Jake, and I guess Kitty’s not too bad as a new character, but putting ALL THREE new Ohio kids in a love triangle? It’s a little strange to me. They didn’t let the characters stand out on their own enough.

Comment by Lena – October 3, 2012 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am DISGUSTED by how much hype and drama is leading up to this show. For christ’s sake the show is called “GLEE”. And for those people who are complaining about the “gay kids” storylines being too easy, try walking in a gay kid’s shoes for even one day. Str8 kids can turn tune in every day to every channel on tv and find kids they identify with, gay kids don’t have that. They basically have one show…GLEE. What is wrong with giving them something where gay kids are happy and in love and singing and dancing and celebrating life???? And shame on Glee for putting the gay kids in their audience through this angst and drama for such a long drawn out period of time leading up this episode and the upcoming hiatus. Just ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2012 03:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, there are shows with gay characters other than Glee, and with better writing. Personally I’d rather watch Degrassi if I want to see representations of gay teens that aren’t horrible. Klaine is the worst gay relationship on TV and should have broken up after Blaine tried to date-rape Kurt in the back of a car.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Degrassi is a totally different type of show. The premise is different, the audience watches for different reasons. Glee is targeted to a specific audience. It’s supposed to be joyful and fun and FUNNY. This upcoming episode doesn’t sound at all joyful or funny and it’s heart wrenching to see so many gay kids feeling horrible about “their” couples breaking up. It’s not just what is actually going to happen, it’s the f’ing drama and hype leading up to it and that fact that it will be continued over a month long hiatus. The Glee writers know full well how much this show means to so many young gay kids and they know why they watch the show every week, and buy the music and buy the merchandise. There are ways to get ratings without going this route. I think it’s deplorable to manipulate the emotions of the core of your viewing audience in such an extreme way for such a long period of time.

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2012 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hm where have you been? Glee has been doing this sort of thing for awhile as evidenced by it’s PSA preachiness that reached an all time high last season. Like the suicide storyline? Actually the worst thing glee has done which is ridiculous because suicide is a SERIOUS issue and they pretty much used it to get ratings.

Comment by Sam – October 3, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Did you miss last year when they used a gay character’s SUICIDE ATTEMPT as a ratings grab? This is NOT a pro-gay show!

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I TOTALLY agree that Glee seriously mishandled the suicide storyline. It was irresponsible, it is too serious a topic for Glee (a comedy) to handle, especially in a 1 hour episode and to suggest that just by imagining a perfect gay life as a way to end suicidal ideation is absurd and dangerous. But with this newest episode (and upcoming hiatus), it isn’t that the couples are dealing with relationship issues that pisses me off, what infuriates me is the hype that is preceding the episode. Yes, I know it’s for ratings (which means it’s about $) but there is so much coming across twitter, facebook, “leaked” spoilers, blogs, actor interviews, etc. that serve ONLY to increase the tension of the viewing audience. And for the gay viewing audience who for the first time found a show where young gay people are not only finding love, they are celebrating that love right alongside str8 couples, this build-up is extremely difficult for them.

Music speaks to a part in all of us like nothing else does and I think that’s why Glee has been so successful. And the comedy format of the show allows us to look at some more serious issues with a softer lens. That is a winning combination but the periodic stunts that Glee pulls to grab ratings leaves me scratching my head. It’s like the show is schizophrenic. I guess I’m hoping that all of this drama and angst will end with storylines that are comforting and satisfying to it’s viewing audience especially it’s gay audience.And I don’t think it can be overstated how much impact this show has had on the LBGT community. We love to criticize it, and there is definately stuff to criticize, but on the whole the plus column outweighs the minus column in my book.

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2012 07:18 AM PDT
    • well this is the thing that I hate about glee…I love the gay characters, but the whole point was actually supposed to be about the equality between straight and gay people..but I don’t see it! most of the straight couples went through some serious cheating..Rachel with Puck and Brody..Quinn with Puck and Finn..even Mercedes with Sam on shayne..but the gay couples especially the klaine are saints..the only cheating was some texting and it was because lack of interest from Blaine side cause of NYADA and stuff..you know I’d like to see one of them “especially Blaine” doing something mean ..at the end of the day they’re normal people not angels.again I’m not homophobic my brother is gay and I’m so proud of him

Comment by sidra – October 3, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree. Blaine needs to not be some perfect angel for Kurt to ****
        Blaine needs to be free.

Comment by daved – October 4, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Someone finally addresses the absurdity of recent high-school graduate and coffee-shop waiter Kurt scoring a coveted Vogue.com internship…“ Oh yeah? Are the writers calling themselves out on their lousy storytelling skills or what? Since it happened only last episode I guess it was “finally“ about time to put Kurt in his place for winning something for a change. Still waiting for someone to address the absurdity of Rachel getting into NYADA after butchering her audition, twice, and Quinn getting into Yale out of nowhere after being mental for two years. Guess they are just too used to making Kurt their punching bag, to even think about addressing all the other bullsh*t going on in this show.
    Don‘t care about the couples. They’re all boring and toxic (except Brittanna maybe, but it’s still a pretty uneven relationship) and I hope they all break up and stay broken up.

Comment by kaley – October 3, 2012 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was kind of absurd that Kurt was able to get that internship so easily imo. Not to say that he doesn’t deserve to have something that makes him happy and actually succeed. I was just far-fetched (as with most happenings on Glee) that he got such an great internship. I too am waiting for Glee to address the absurdity of Rachel getting into NYADA.

Comment by Tom – October 3, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve known about Finn and Rachel for a while, but I’m just not ready to see them break up again. This is gonna be sad.

Comment by Eileen – October 3, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to see that people use this comment box to share their hate. Glee used to be about finding a common ground. When did this become a battle between gay and straight ships? I am sure RM doesn’t want Glee to be about driving people away from discussion towards hate! So let’s face this episode. All ships will mourn and finally we will all have that common ground again! Thank you RM for splitting all couples up. We are now equally greeving!!

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2012 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You ought to see his tweets. He encourages the fans of the differennt couples to keep fighting for their wishes. This seems to spur on the condescending comments from one fandom to another. It gets ridiculous and childish. Like some rants of people from above comments. Some mean and disrespectful to the show, characters, actors, couples, then to other who choose to comment on some of these forums. Some are pretty nasty about it. So sad for a show that once represented unity has resulted in representing descention, chaos and upheaval.

Comment by Sil – October 3, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Murphy delights and encourages ship warfare and has pitted people into a sense of competition. It is why I stopped social media related to glee. Felt I was being used for PR. Disagree about the male lead. Look at glee and fox sites and it is clear they push Criss. Murphy always pushes his favourites and he always talks down Finn which is why I am not hopeful now.

Comment by Sara – October 4, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No… Brittana… I… I Can’t… I’ll… I’ll die and… it’ll be bad and I JUST CAN’T I will stop watching until they get back together! FU, RIB.

Comment by Silke – October 3, 2012 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, please!!!! You won’t die! Let the kids live a little.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finchel Is Forever. I wish they would survive this. And no matter what you say, Finn/Cory is still the male lead of this show. He has been since ep 1. The majority of critics’ reviews the last couple of weeks has mentioned it.

Comment by Summer – October 3, 2012 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, and Chris/Kurt is a close second as the male lead, a spot he’s earned through sheer talent, despite NOT having been handed multiple, unnecessary solos and being made to look like a perfect gay god. Anyone who thinks Darren/Blaine is somehow the new male lead is delusional, despite what the writers would like you to believe.

Comment by stittsyk – October 3, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually if any character, to include Blaine or Jake, etc, take a forefront in storytelling and singing…guess what…that is a male lead, by definition.

Comment by CA – October 3, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh cory fans..please deal with your rich imagination..the male lead!! I hate to tell you that but since Blaine joined the new directions and Finn admitted that he’s the most talented member after Rachel..this male lead joke has become too old..tell me a memorable performance for him in that season..even Joe’s stereo heart was way more successful than all of his performances..and now we have Jake,Brody,….and you’re seriously thinking of him as the male lead? even in acting he’s been in Rachel’s shadow for 2 years now,,

Comment by Hannah – October 4, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How can Cory/Finn be the male lead of the Glee club when he GRADUATED? Blaine, having been the lead for the Warblers already is the natural choice. Also, I still don’t understand why people think that Blaine forced Kurt to do anything in that infamous car scene. Everybody’s clothes were on, there wasn’t any sex, or even kissing, and Blaine backed off when Kurt said no. Also, if you really watched the scene, Kurt did want Blaine to kiss him at first, but changed his mind when he saw that Blaine was very drunk. To my mind, the only thing Blaine was guilty of was being a horny teenager who had too much to drink; and being loud and uninhibited when he told Kurt that he wanted to be with him, which is not a crime. As someone who has had many “close calls” on dates, I also know that intent to do harm is a major factor in date violence and that this was Never there– Blaine would never hurt Kurt.
        As for everything else, I feel that the new characters are just younger incarnations of the previous cast and that these writers can’t seem to come up with anything new. It’s always cheating because that’s easy to write– character development is much more difficult and requires a deeper understanding of the characters and their history. One final note: everyone complains that Klaine doesn’t seem to have any chemistry, But, how can you make viewers believe that a couple is an a deep relationship when all the writers let them do is sit and drink coffee? We all know that the network didn’t let Klaine show any real affection for each other because they were worried about sponsors and conservative backlash. That’s why they made Blaine a junior, so they wouldn’t have to worry about them going to college together and sharing an apartment. Now, we’ve got the Rachel show, with Kurt as the gay sidekick. I’m just going to drop out and watch the New Normal.

Comment by SJ – October 3, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • SJ – I agree with your comments. I too think that the writers are at fault for making Kurt and Blaine’s relationship seem boring and like “an old married couple” because they never gave them anything to work with. After Dance With Somebody they never focused on their relationship anymore. And all the time between The First Time and Dance With Somebody we never saw them do anything together outside of the Glee Club/Choir Room. But if you think about it, all the couples could be considered in the same way because none of them really had any kind of social life outside of the school. Except for Prom of course. But I mean focusing on individual couples to make it seem like they were really in a relationship. I just am so upset with this cheating storyline – I just can’t believe Blaine would do that to Kurt, no matter how lonely or depressed he was. I just hope that they can work through this and find the love they have for each other again. I hate to see this relationship end.

Comment by Kay – October 4, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post