Glee Exclusive: Nolan Gerard Funk Cast as Lead Warbler – What Does He Want With [Spoiler]?

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Nolan Gerard Funk GleeNew Directions will soon be facing a new threat from a familiar enemy: The Dalton Academy Warblers.

Canadian actor-singer Nolan Gerard Funk — whose credits include the Nickelodeon musical Spectacular! and the Broadway revival of Bye Bye Birdie — is joining the cast of Glee as the Warblers’ new frontman, Hunter, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Hunter’s first order of business? Luring ex-Warbler Blaine back into the fold so they can win a national championship. (And in case you’re wondering, that’s all Hunter wants with Blaine; a source confirms that the newbie is straight.)

VIDEO | Glee‘s Lea Michele on “Break-Up” Episode: “Get Your Tissues Out!”

Funk, whose resume also boasts arcs on Warehouse 13 and Angels in America, as well as a supporting role in the current big screen spooker House at the End of the Street, kicks off his recurring Glee stint in this season’s seventh episode, titled “Dynamic Duets.”

In the meantime, Glee‘s buzzy fourth episode, “Break-Up” — which exec producer Ryan Murphy is calling “the best episode we have ever done” — airs Thursday at 9/8c.

Comments (207)

• But I wanted Sebastian to come back.

Comment by Alice – October 1, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!! I loved him :D

Comment by shiran – October 1, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss Sebastian. Grant was awesome!

Comment by Sel – October 1, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, hopefully he’ll make an appearance because Grant was wonderful as Sebastian and I really wanted to see more of him trying to be nicer to Blaine after he nearly blinded him last season.

That being said, Hunter is a very hot name. I hope he lives up to it.

Comment by Derek – October 1, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, you are an idiot. No where does it say Sebastian isn’t coming back.

Comment by E – October 1, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “The Hollywood Reporter is running an article today saying Grant is also going to be back as Sebastian.”

Yes! See, now I am happy!

Comment by Kianna – October 1, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s not an idiot but you ARE a douchebag. There was no need for your meanness.

Comment by Michael – October 1, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read that Sebastian is coming back too (according to The Hollywood Reporter). I wonder if Blaine will transfer back to Dalton. I hope not but it would not surprise me if he does since he is so lonely without Kurt. If he does, we won’t see him much because it’s hard enough having screen time with everybody in NY and New Directions, and then add the Warblers into the mix. These writers won’t be able to keep up with them all. I would rather see Blaine stay at McKinley and they can just compete against the Warblers. Will have to see what happens though. We have no control over it, that’s for sure.

Comment by Kay – October 1, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ::WARNING: Spoilers of recent episodes::

Given that Blaine’s the student body president, I don’t think the writers have any intention of his moving back to Dalton. He’s part of New Directions for the foreseeable future, as far as I’m concerned…

Comment by Mychyl – October 2, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • well Ryan has said recently that it might happen that blaine will tranfer back to dalton

Comment by mette – October 3, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He said “could be.” Whatever that means. Hopefully he just considers it, but decides to stay at McKinley.

Comment by Kay – October 3, 2012 09:15 AM PDT
    • Ugh, I hate Grant and his smug face. Thank God they don’t bring him back.

Comment by Nina – October 1, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow really? you cant separate actor from character? You sound twelve. Sit down.

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why do we need a new lead Warbler every season?

Comment by Haley – October 2, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because it’s just that impossible to replace Blaine. ;)

Comment by mage – October 3, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Todd from Warehouse 13! That’s awesome.

Comment by Caitlin Garafola – October 1, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s straight. Praise.

Comment by dee – October 1, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder if they’re just not going to do midgame LI’s for Kurt and Blaine. lol who am I kidding, of course they aren’t.

Comment by Alex – October 1, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like midgame ships, if they’re good ones. Another Dalton lead though? that’s not what Blaine needs. To be pulled in three directions at once? ack

Comment by fiddles – October 1, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A straight Warbler? Oh. I love him in Spectacular and dude can sing. So yeah, I’ll be looking forward to his one song in Sectionals then he probably will disappear the face off earth for the rest of the season.

Comment by Leo – October 1, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We have people in NY, people in Lima, people all over the place, a ton of actors and characters, YET we still need to have the Warblers come back? For the 3rd time? I get the need the first time, but the whole thing last year was unnecessary. I think with so many characters, the seniors last year and the cast this year, you’d think they’d get enough story from that rather than have The Warblers be featured again.

Comment by Stacie – October 1, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MTE

Comment by Katy – October 1, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know,/more Warblers, come one? Totally innecesary, are they out of fresh ideas for the people in lima? besides, i would rather watch the guys in mckinley than Rachel in NY, is like everything revolves around Rachel, you dont get episodes with how is Mercedes dealing in California, ijust focuse in Mckinley

Comment by C – October 1, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What?

Comment by Britt – October 1, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • mercedes is supposed to be in the episode where they do grease….i think the orginal characters will make an apperance at least once in this season.

Comment by katie – October 9, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grant Gustin was “clean” by Darren Criss. Grant doesn’t come back because Darren doesn’t want to.

Comment by Bianca – October 1, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL are you serious?

Comment by jh – October 1, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get a grip.

Comment by Olivia – October 1, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah because Darren has a lot of pull at Glee.

Comment by dude – October 1, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s blatantly untrue.

Comment by Derek – October 1, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Buy a clue. Grant is also back – THR just announced it.

Comment by E – October 1, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol sure.

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What does this comment mean? Grant Gustin is coming back as Sebastian in episode 7.

Comment by Kay – October 3, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh great another warbler, dalton again and another male this show seriously needs some more girls.

Comment by Katy – October 1, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They sure do! And how about a black straight guy instead of all these pretty white boys? Or how about another Latino/Latina character? Or Aylin from TGP? Etc. etc. Diversity has left the building! Hate to say it but it looks like Glee may have sold out for the money!

Comment by GLEEKS – October 2, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY DO THE WARBLERS NEED TO COME BACK? Weren’t we done with them already???

Comment by Karen – October 1, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. I can hardly contain my excitement. Not.

Comment by Rose – October 1, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for Blaine to turn those tacky assholes down.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, you might be waiting for a long time.

Comment by Rose – October 1, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hah, Blaine’s not going to transfer back to Dalton if that’s what you mean.

Comment by hh – October 1, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t be so sure about that. I’m not saying it’s going to be permanent, but it’s highly likely he transfers back to Dalton temporarily.

Comment by Rose – October 1, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That makes no sense for a story arc and character development. Also you have no reason to believe this. The Warblers will probably be sectionals competition and hopefully go away forever after that.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 05:38 PM PDT
          • Ann, unfortunately, if you’re relying on glee to make sense, you’re probably kidding yourself.

Comment by Haley – October 2, 2012 12:30 AM PDT
  • why do they have to keep casting newbies? surely it would have made more sense for one of the existing Warblers who Blaine has been friends with before to try to convince him to come back if they had to run with this storyline? so many of those guys have beautiful voices we never get to hear

Comment by JR – October 1, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JR – unless we’ve been made aware of the actor or actress via casting news, the rest of all the choirs – Warblers included – are dancers. Not singers.

Comment by Kiki – October 1, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s not true Telly Leung who was one of the few Warblers who had speaking parts during the 2nd and 3rd season IS an amazing singer. He’s been in many Broadway productions including RENT and Godspell.

Comment by Chris – October 2, 2012 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Chris – take it up with most of the cast of the last three seasons of So You Think You Can Dance. They’re the ones posting pictures of themselves in Vocal Adrenaline costumes. Or Tufts University’s choir, which has recorded vocals for The Warblers, as reported by a number of media outlets.

Comment by Kiki – October 2, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why haven’t the Warblers gone away yet? I was enjoying the focus on less characters. Sigh.

Comment by Kendal Walworth – October 1, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Blaine would transfer back to Dalton and that Dalton would disappear altogether.

Comment by Britt – October 1, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^THIS PLEASE

Comment by Anon – October 1, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would only happen in your dreams, lbr.

Comment by nofreaakingway – October 1, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yes, because only Saint Blaine is able to win Nationals! God bless him! No thanks, not another boring storyline about Blaine and his bowtie struggles. For once it would be nice to see storyline about Tina or Artie.

Comment by Susan – October 1, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Bowtie struggles”. XD
      (I agree… I can’t stand Blaine).

Comment by Me34 – October 1, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Sam burned all Blaine’s bowties though.

Comment by blam – October 1, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season is a mess. It’s as if Ryan Murphy is intentionally trying to destroy this show. Even the song choices have been bad, as evidenced by lackluster sales of the singles each week. Sending the core characters off in different directions is an epic fall and will result in this show going under.

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He doesn’t care about Glee anymore. This is most likely the last season. TV shows need to air 88 episodes for syndication and Glee with 22 episodes per season will reach this number with the last episode of the season 4. He probably wants to wrap it up. He breaks major couples temporarily just to bring them back together at the great finale. Wemma, Finchel and Klaine are definitely endgames. Not sure about Brittana, but who knows.

Comment by KimKim – October 1, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My beef or disappointment with Glee is that since it went dramedy- 70% drama to 30%comedy it has fallen in ratings and by numbers of viewers. This next episode is just angst and drama, sad and melancholy, where is the light hearted fun and spunk and snarky wit 0f the comedy it once was? For me Glee has become a soap opera for teenage to twenty somethings that is dull and mundane. Ryan Murphy may like this kind of story-The Break up- that it is the best of Glee ever, but I don’t. I don’t like Glee as it is with so much drama-not a comedy nor even interesting anymore. This episode I will pass on. I don’t care to watch it. If all it’s going to be is a drag then I pass-who cares- I don’t.The music has always been such a wonderful treat to hear til this season. It sucks pretty much. If I were a teenager to mid twenties, I’d probably like it. Not my taste in music. Glee was a front runner to introduce the golden oldies of the 70′s, 80′s, 90′s to a new generation of audiences. Not anymore. Ryan Murphy has proved to get bored very easily with his TV projects just to move onto others with the new stink on them. The New Normal and American Horror Story. Neither of which I watch. As for the new Warbler ok we’ll see. McKinley has no fresh new inventive storylines IMO. I’m sorry I feel this way for I really like Artie, Tina, Sam, Blaine, Britanny, Sugar. I don’t know if Ryan Murphy has any intentions of anything for Glee. I feel they tried the Warbler story season 2 and 3 as a try out for this concept of NY and Lima. I adore watching Kate Hudson and Sarah J Parker, and they are what keeps Glee afloat for me. Rachel’s story is rather obtuse and slow moving til boring. I hope Finn’s story will pick up the pace of Glee. Santana is sorely missed and so is my Puck. Glee is going through growing pains as of now with little growth of interest. It has got to exhibit a jet engine of a story to make it through sweeps, to bring back viewers. For me lackluster performances, poor song choices, singing is not as good, story lines are pretty irrelavent. Sweeps are when advertisement is collected for the future episodes. This gives the networks an idea if a show is worthy of renewing for the next season. IMHO, as it’s going now, Glee might not be renewed for season 5. Glee has lost of its diehard fans by going more drama, IMO a rehash of season 2. I hope for good things for the new Warbler.

Comment by Sil – October 1, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine will be back with the Warblers in episode 5, I can confirm you that!

Comment by Isistelle – October 1, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice try. The Warblers are coming back in episode 7. Blaine auditions for the school musical in episode 5.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Warblers are beyond irrelevant at this point and I’m getting real tired of the Blaine worship. He really is the new Rachel.

Comment by Sarah – October 1, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Blaine worship” is accurate. Just read the tweets his fans are sending to Ryan Murphy, these kids really seem to be members of some obscure cult.

Comment by Jane – October 1, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hey. XD

Comment by spearx – October 1, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fans of every character send Ryan Murphy crazy tweets. I’ve seen Brittana fans threaten to cut his dick off if he breaks up their ship. Don’t try to pretend that’s Blaine-only stuff.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hate blaine with a passion but you didn’t lie.

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee really does love recycling their storylines. Pretty sure last season’s Warblers vs. ND battle over precious little Blainers was a big fat mess so why are we revisiting it? They are really making Blaine unbearable this season. All the songs, class president, leader of ND, getting his poor woobie heart broken by that evil Kurt, and now we’ll get ND and the Warbler’s hanging off his jock to tell him they can’t possibly win any competitions without him. He really is the new Rachel. *sighs*

Comment by Ash – October 1, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares about Blaine? Moreso, who care about Blaine and DALTON? This story flopped hard last season.

Comment by gw – October 1, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lots of us care about Blaine. And most of us hate Dalton.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah they were total idiots in Michael. :/

Comment by spearx – October 1, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you Ann. As far as I’m concerned, he and Chris Colfer are the best part of the show. I like the Warblers, I just don’t want Blaine to be one of them.

Comment by Kay – October 2, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oooh interesting.

Comment by spearx – October 1, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have a terrible concept of what “interesting” is.

Comment by Lisa – October 1, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t this just the same storyline with Sebastian but Hunter is straight??? Why are they revisiting the same storyline, i get that Blaine is trying to find ‘himself’ but they are making Blaine too much of a big concept in Season 4. Don’t get me wrong i am klainer for life and i love blaine and kurt equally but making Kurt seem like the bad one in ‘makeover’ was bad, hasn’t Kurt been through enough crap.

Comment by Rachel – October 1, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because they realized how badly they messed up last season so they’re trying to correct it? It’s gonna be a huge fail and I hate the Dalton storyline. Now we’re gonna get McKinley, New York AND Dalton? No thank you.

Comment by Jessica Desrocher – October 1, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preach.

Comment by Marcy – October 1, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sick of everything revolving around Blaine. If he goes back to Dalton, then it better be for good and I don’t want to hear about what he’s doing there.

I’m really want more storylines for Sam, Artie, and Tina. It looks like all Artie’s gonna get is something involving Sugar. He seems too smart to still be pining after her so that’s ridiculous. I have no idea what they’re planning for Tina. As for Sam… I would really like to know where he’s living. He’s supposed to be the “financial guy” for the play and they said there’s gonna be drama for him behind the scenes so I bet they’ll have him taking money for his family or something. There’s plenty that can be done with these three. We don’t need the warblers!

Comment by 11224 – October 1, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dalton and NYADA are such beautiful sets.
      McKinley looks so basic in comparison.
      I would watch a show that focused on all three places, but would skip the WMHS parts to avoid visual hepatitis.

Comment by omg – October 1, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I for one LOVE Blaine. And Darren is the most talented one of the cast. Sorry to say it, but it’s the truth and that’s the only reason he gets featured so much. I like the Dalton blazer and would not mind seeing Blaine back in it *hummina hummina hummina* But I really wanted Sebastian to come back. I don’t get the need to add a new Warbler.

Comment by Kianna – October 1, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine fan here too. but reallly do put “in my opinion” if you’re making claims otherwise prepare yourself for a storm. :/
      Everybody has their own faves they want to defend / thinks are the best.

fandom experience has taught me this /wise sage/

Comment by Strandoooo – October 1, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he has no range and generic vocals, and he’s maybe not the worst actor, but he’s consistently one of the weakest. it’s his internet fandom of 15 year old girls that fuel his popularity.

Comment by no – October 1, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Personally, I’m 25..
        Also blaming “Fangirls” is sexist and perjoritive.

ew

Comment by Strandoooo – October 1, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ……WHAT!? O_o

I totally disagree with EVERYTHING you just said. He is the triple threat, he can sing, dance and act. And I am 29, not 15 ;)

Comment by Kianna – October 1, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ooohmmgg kiana stfu

Comment by blainestan – October 1, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’ll say what I want. Thank you.

Comment by Kianna – October 1, 2012 01:44 PM PDT
        • You really don’t have very high standards do you?

Comment by srsly can't stop loling – October 1, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “triple threat” if by triple threat you mean across the board basic and mediocre because yes that’s all darren is on all three fronts

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No I think he’s an actual triple threat or almost getting there.
            Not that it matters if you’re super good at one thing compared to another.

Comment by evudently – October 3, 2012 02:37 AM PDT
    • LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Dying of laughter – October 1, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The sad thing is that you actually believe this.

Comment by please stop – October 1, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I almost feel like you’re trolling just to attract the hate.

Comment by Strandoooo – October 1, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wasn’t. I was stating my opinion, just like the Darren/Blaine haters were stating theirs. But okay.

Comment by Kianna – October 1, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except you were stating it as fact. In a really annoying and trolly way.

Comment by Rose – October 1, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “the most talented one of the cast” oh my God, I almost chocked, on which planet do you live? He gets featured so much because he has the most insane fanbase of rabid teenage fangirls who spends money of their parents on his songs on iTunes. That’s all. His voice is mediocre and his acting is awful.

Comment by Silv – October 1, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How about we agree to disagree. I like him, you don’t. Fine. I probably can’t change your mind and I know you can’t change mine.

Comment by Kianna – October 1, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is your opinion. You don’t speak for everybody. Some of his fans (me included) are not “teenage fangirls” – he has a wide fanbase that includes teenagers to mature adults. We all have our favorites and should be allowed to express our opinions.

Comment by Kay – October 2, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m looking forward to New Warbler guy. It’s always a fun dynamic. Lead of a rival show-choir etc.
      Now Jesse’s gone.

Comment by Strandoooo – October 1, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A Darren fan would never say “humina” three times in a row in asterisks.

Comment by DefAKurtStan – October 1, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol wut?

Comment by huh? – October 1, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe it’s a paranoid thing to say. But Kianna is obviously a mole/troll commenter.

Comment by DefAKurtStan – October 1, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree with the troll conclusion, I was just confused by the deductive reasoning. And the automatic assumption that she must be a Kurt stan.

Comment by huh? – October 1, 2012 01:11 PM PDT
          • well it’s not a conclusive deduction. But it’s my best bet.
            Also I just thought it was funny to call them that.

Comment by DefAKurtStan – October 1, 2012 01:12 PM PDT
          • & mostly because the humina stuff seems a bit much.

Comment by DefAKurtStan – October 1, 2012 01:14 PM PDT
  • I think Blaine will stay at Mckinley with New Directions because he does not really fit in at Dalton anymore.

Comment by Jenny – October 1, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, this seems like the logical and satisfying arc for his character – finding his place within the “family” of New Directions.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does Hunter like hunting?
    Hunting for ex-warbler turned public-schoolers?
    Perchance?

Blaine has BFF’s/friends/frenemies now.
    Sure McKinley won’t look as impressive as Dalton/private school on his college resume. But McKinley are better friends than the warblers turned out to be.

Comment by Noistop – October 1, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Darren is one of the most talented people on the show and i hope they feature Blaine a lot this season. He continues to sell the most music every episode and his acting was praised by professional critics for his role in Imogene!!

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but he sings only one song in Imogene and later has some making-out scene…his screentime his like five minutes in the whole movie…that’s not even a serious role and criticsy weren’t really praising him, they just said he was cute and endearing, but nothing about his actual acting skills…

Comment by Petra – October 1, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Critics have said he could be future leading man material, THAT is what they said.

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He was basically playing himself in Imogene and got by by being charming and charismatic. He has yet to prove himself in any real way.

Comment by Brittany – October 1, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Charm and charisma aren’t good things?

Comment by elphaba – October 1, 2012 03:04 PM PDT
          • Elphaba, I didn’t say they were bad things. I was just saying they don’t show any real acting talent, because Darren is naturally charming and charismatic.

Comment by Brittany – October 1, 2012 03:07 PM PDT
        • I agree, he has this boyish charm which atracts young woman into the cinemas, he can be succesful in romantic comedies in the future. I mean, he will probably never play some weighty role (at least not until he gets rid of those weird crying faces), but he won’t starve either.

Comment by Lucy – October 1, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, that’s wrong. Several critics noted him as one of the highlights of the film. And his screen time is the same as all the supporting players (Matt Dillon, Annette Bening). The main focus of the movie is Imogene, but the others share about the same amount of important and focus.
        And why would a hater like you have gone to TIFF to see his movie? You’re full of it.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sure, if by talented you mean okay dancer, mediocre singer, and can’t act to save his life.

Comment by Annie – October 1, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • His acting is adequate. It’s better than a lot of them on the show; like the girls who play Brittany and Tina, Most of the new kids etc.

Comment by elphaba – October 1, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I actually don’t disagree with this, but I’m really only interested in Rachel, Kurt, and Santana, all of whom act circles around Darren. And even though I hate Finn, Cory is also a much better actor than Darren. I was balking at the statement that he’s one of the most talented people on the show when I think everyone I listed is better.

Comment by Annie – October 1, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I always think Cory has one expression. Just constipated.
            Or quizzical. that’s the better word.

Comment by crimeny – October 1, 2012 03:23 PM PDT
          • crimeny- One could say the same thing about Darren. I’m not very impressed with either of them. The only “kids” I think can act are Lea, Chris, and Naya. Vanessa is good too, but she doesn’t get to do much.

Comment by JC – October 1, 2012 03:28 PM PDT
          • Cory, Lea, Naya, and especially Chris have all been given the best material to work with on the show. The more the writers develop Blaine (in a consistent way, mind you), the more Darren’s talent shines through. He was heartbreaking in the last episode, but he’s also a great comedic actor. He certainly kept up with Chris in their dramatic scenes in TFT and DWS, but those and Big Brother were basically all he got to work with as far as meaty acting material last year. On the other hand, Naya had Santana’s outing and in general ample narrative focus, Chris had IAU, TFT, the elections, Karofsky’s suicide, DWS, and the whole NYADA arc. Hell, Kurt was more of a focus in the episode where Blaine got put in the hospital than Blaine was. Lea had Rachel’s developments with basically every female character, the marriage plot, the NYADA arc, the elections, and the scene in the finale. Cory had Finn’s struggles to find a dream, the marriage plot, finding out about his dad, outing Santana, and again the scene in the finale.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 08:05 PM PDT
          • Ann, we’ll have to agree to disagree because I still find Darren’s acting to be among the weakest in the cast and the more material he gets just strengthens my opinion. Lea, Chris, Cory, and Naya get dramatic material because they’ve proven they can handle it. Darren really hasn’t, IMO.

Comment by Annie – October 1, 2012 09:26 PM PDT
      • Yea that must be why the producers of “how to be succsesfull without really trying” and “Imogene” choice him for those parts.

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Because bad actors never get cast in projects despite being terrible. Seriously, do yourself a favor and STOP.

Comment by Larry – October 1, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Larry did you actually believe i would stop because you told me to :) that’s adorable
            And Darren is a very talented actor and now it’s in print that professionals agree with this, so go ahead and hate, fry in it for all i care

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 04:08 PM PDT
          • David, nowhere is it printed that Darren Criss is a very talented actor, but you go ahead and keep believing that if it makes you feel better.

Comment by Larry – October 1, 2012 04:28 PM PDT
          • I believe it.
            But maybe i’m not being nitpicky or smth

Comment by idk – October 2, 2012 12:01 AM PDT
        • its called stunt casting moron

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You don’t have to call them a moron. That’s uncalled for.

Comment by fickle – October 2, 2012 05:14 AM PDT
  • The more they feature Blaine, the more I hate Glee.

Comment by Jake – October 1, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good. Maybe the uptight naysayers will stop watching.

Comment by heya – October 1, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could not agree with this post more.

Comment by Jenna – October 1, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re welcome to stop watching and whining on the internet, then.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The problem is, ratings of Glee were never so low. Actually, the Makeover – the episode which heavily featured Blaine and Rachel – supposedly the most popular characters – was the least watched episode of Glee ever. I mean, insulting people and telling them they should stop watching Glee isn’t really the smartest advice. Because, you know, if the ratings drop more (which will inevitably happen because after Break-Up there comes a hiatus again), Glee can be easily canceled. Just sayin’.

Comment by Jen – October 2, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Greys was on that week apparently.

Comment by fickle – October 2, 2012 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly, Grey Anatomy premiered September 27th and premieres are always strong. Break up will have more viewers, but how the person pointed out, after this episode Glee is going to have 5 week hiatus. During the last fall hiatus lost Glee one million viewers.

Comment by naka – October 2, 2012 08:33 AM PDT
        • Hopefully the ratings will be better for episode 4. It is going to be a good one, although an emotional one for most concerned.

Comment by Kay – October 2, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They’re losing viewers because Glee has changed so, til the stories are drama filled. Mundane drama, soap opera drama, NcKinley is extremely boring and so is NY. With this new concept for Glee half Lima and half New York, New York cannot keep the audiences attention with just Rachel and Kurt with the occasional Cassie, Brody and Carmen. Glee needs Finn and Santana with some Puck to spice it up. It’s drowning in dullness. McKinley is not interesting in the least to me. I don’t care about the clones to Rachel, Puck and Quinn. IMO, Glee has really wasted an opportunity to reinvent itself bedazzling the audience with hysteria of New York antics instead we get another love interest. So far that is such a drag.

Comment by Saf – October 2, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it wont surprise me if glee gets cancelled, i love the show but i’m still not sure how i feel about it this season

Comment by katie – October 9, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryan’s boner for darren/blaine is so big that its blocked his view when watching the show so he cant tell how ******* awful blarren is on screen.

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Noo, wait that’s my boner.

Comment by frenerick – October 2, 2012 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can we stop talking about Ryans boner? It’s like talking about your dad’s boner.

Comment by Filteredout – October 3, 2012 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • NO his grandfather’s boner

Comment by cookiegirl – October 4, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • take note to me saying PROFESSIONAL critics because keyboard warriors can spout whatever bullcrap they want.

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more they feature Blaine, the more i love Glee.

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please go away.

Comment by Rebecca – October 1, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Has that ever worked for you darling :)

Comment by David – October 1, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow, what a patronizing a**hole. Forget it, you’re not worth my time.

Comment by Rebecca – October 1, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think you were being the a**hole first tbh.

Comment by idk – October 2, 2012 12:12 AM PDT
    • I agree.

Comment by fredT – October 1, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Basically featuring Blaine, Kurt, and Klaine is how you will get me to watch.

Comment by Ann – October 1, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • get taste.

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why don’t you stop being an absolute ass?

Comment by trollinginthedeep – October 2, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • why don’t you get taste?

Comment by maria – October 2, 2012 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m happy with the taste I DO have, you can’t dictate what I can and cannot like.

Comment by trollinginthedeep – October 2, 2012 06:37 AM PDT
  • Well bully for you. Have fun driving this show into early cancellation.

Comment by Jenna – October 1, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • /eyeroll/

Comment by fredT – October 1, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You really thinking featuring tertiary characters that mostly no one cares about won’t make people stop watching? Okay.

Comment by Jenna – October 1, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You must be referring to Artie and Tina.

Comment by Michaela – October 1, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • lol yes.

Comment by trollinginthedeep – October 2, 2012 05:16 AM PDT
  • Hey everybody, you all remember that singer we featured to the point of nausea when we couldn’t even win at Regionals? Yeah, we need to get him back so we can win Nationals! Absolutely nothing faulty with this logic whatsoever. I’m so smart!
    The sooner Darren Criss’ heart stops in an apparent crime of passion at Ryan Murphy’s house, the better off we’ll all be. What a talentless piece of gutter trash.

Comment by Terry – October 1, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • M T E

Comment by jake – October 2, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not the one who’s gutter trash.
      I think you need to take a good long look in the mirror tbh.
      Such colorful language.

Comment by ficklemo – October 2, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re disgusting, you know that?

Comment by figleaf – October 2, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really despise you people.

Comment by agroz – October 2, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh I wish you would die.

Comment by Filteredout – October 2, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would it be a crime of passion?

Comment by Huh? – October 2, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG people you all need to a get a life. I think this season is great so far. I like all the characters. You all really need to get a hobby if you can do all day are hating fictional characters and comment about it on a celebrity site.

Comment by Arianna – October 1, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode doesn’t have Dianna Agron/Quinn in it, but it’s supposed to be the best episode ever….

Comment by Nikki – October 1, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see the Warbles back to Glee!!

Comment by j – October 2, 2012 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they are going to copy in some capacity everything they’ve already done. At least this guy being straight lessens a tiny little bit of my rage about them making two guys fight for Blaine because he is so ver lust inducing while no guy is allowed to glance Kurt’s direction.

Glad about Grant’s return but so nh for seblaine.

Comment by Kay – October 2, 2012 02:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The amount of screentime Blaine gets is starting to get ridiculous. While original ND members barely have lines or song, he has episodes created especially for him. He sing in Break-Up in four songs. If this isn’t obvious fan pandering then I don’t know what is.

Comment by Jen – October 2, 2012 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he deserves it.

Comment by lieber – October 2, 2012 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Blaine isn’t problem here. The problem is the stupid writing and ignorance of continuity. Glee isn’t that great and awarded tv show it used to be and even an actor with ten times so much talent as Darren couldn’t save it. He is the most popular member of the cast, of course they are going to milk him until they can.

Comment by naka – October 2, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Only delusional Darren stans would claim he’s the most popular member of the cast.

Comment by Kristen – October 2, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think he doesn’t. We can be here all week :p

Comment by Kay – October 2, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I like seeing him on my screen sighh.

We can’t always get what we want.

Comment by Filteredout – October 3, 2012 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dont give a **** about blaine and dont give a **** about the warblers. I want sebastian back but only if he’s in NY with Kurt so Kurt can finally have scenes with someone that won’t suck out all of his personality (cough blaine). Kurt’s scenes with sebastian were some of the best of season three. The rest with blaine were like watching paint dry.

Comment by Maria – October 2, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hah! And you question other people’s taste?

Comment by lieber – October 2, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • delusional klainers gonna be delusional.

Comment by maria – October 2, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not a klainer.

Comment by lieber – October 2, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Cannot stand any more blaine, klaine, or darren.

Comment by Jackson R – October 2, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do Ryan and all of Blarren’s stans think what the GA wants to see is more and more blarren? The fact is that nobody cares about him as much as ryan thinks besides the stupid fangirls who troll these sites and pretend to be older than 16 as if that somehow makes them more credible. You’re called Klainer 12s for a reason.

Comment by jake – October 2, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because I want to see more Blaine/Darren/Blarren.

Comment by klainer75 – October 2, 2012 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think you classify as GA with that name, tho. Almost no one here I think does. Whether we hate or love the show, we do it with a passion, that makes us no GA.

Comment by Kay – October 2, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because we like him?

Comment by ficklemo – October 2, 2012 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • f*ckin preach.

Comment by Jackson R – October 2, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave blaine alone gosh.

Comment by lieber – October 2, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i know poor him nothing ever goes his way boo hoo hoo

Comment by Jackson R – October 2, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why does it matter if things do go his way?

Even if things go his way, those things mean little to Blaine. He only cares about Kurt and what Kurt thinks.

Comment by figleaf – October 2, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And that’s supposed to make it all alright? Poor Blaine, sacrificed for everything and everyone while not being allowed to show any consistency or development because he is useful that way and his fans don’t want him to be anything but boring perfect at the cost of everyone else? Yeah. Well, no. There’s people who don’t like that no matter how HUGE his sacrifice.

Comment by Kay – October 2, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Why do you think he’s made a sacrifice?
            I just think he’s been a bit ambitious and amazing this year.

Comment by Filteredout – October 3, 2012 02:41 AM PDT
  • I can’t stand any more blaine. He’s a horrible, boring, useless, mediocre excuse for a “character” and is the biggest woobie gary stu. please stop focusing on him so much. nobody cares about dalton and nobody cares to watch him being fawned over and worshiped for the 32423585845th time. Queue 10 of his stans spamming this comment like they always do:

Comment by Jackson R – October 2, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Karofsky was the biggest woobie.

Comment by figleaf – October 2, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would always take Karofsky who was there at least since season 1 over the bazillions of new boring characters they were casting recently – seriously, what’s the point of Marly or Jake or Rory or that guy with dreads (i can’t even remember the scenes he was in) or this new leader of Warblers?

Comment by Romina – October 2, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Padding.
          Like the Vogue workers at Kurt’s place and Rachel’s classmates.

Comment by Filteredout – October 3, 2012 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL These comments haha, my sides are splitting XD

Comment by Annabelle – October 2, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jackson i don’t know if you noticed, you probably haven’t, but it’s you who is spamming hateful and vile comments, i guess that is a true testament to what kinda person you are. Unfortunately for you most people DO NOT share your opinion, so pls shut up and let the rest of us enjoy our Blaine!! if you can’t do that then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Comment by David – October 2, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hunter looks perfectly manipulative! I LOVE him! OH the Evil genius of MR Ryan Murphy to have Hunter with a KITTEN under his control – BLAINE= Kitten Boy. ? Say what you will about Hunter being straight … Blaine has always had a soft spot for badboys! In any case, Hunter looks wrong in all the right ways, Raise your glass WooHoo Gosh I love Glee xoxoxoxo

Comment by ryanwhisperer – October 2, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is it? He has really disgusting face!
    And I want Nick or Jeff for duet! Not this what-the-hell!

Comment by Nicholas – October 2, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, if there’s any truth to the latest spoilers, Blaine can not only go back to Dalton, he can also go to Hell for all I care.

Comment by ANGRY – October 3, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does glee start in the uk as I am waiting

Comment by neil creasey – October 4, 2012 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get your facts straight. HE’S IN ALIENS IN AMERICA NOT ANGELS IN AMERICA!!!!!

Comment by Morgan – October 5, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darren Criss is so talented; I could watch Blaine all day. Sigh.

Comment by redbracelet – October 5, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have bad taste.

Comment by yuck – October 8, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda wish they would bring in a new school they haven’t faced yet….The Warblers were cool at first but once Blaine left they sucked. Hopefully he doesn’t go back, but i can see them doing it.

Comment by katie – October 9, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really just wish GLEE could get a clue again. The NY part does not work for me mainly because too much Rachel. RM decided to keep the whole original cast but give them a few stincts here and there while we get sickening behind Rachel is every episode. Would love to have just maybe 1 or 2 shows that give a glimpse at how Mike and Quinn are, doing at school, how is Mercedes singing career going in LA (also at least acknowledge that she and Sam were a couple, put them together and break them up over summer without any dialogue on screen tacky GLEE) and lastly how is Puck doing with his swimming pool business. NY is boring and the 2.0′s back at McKinley are even more boring. They are rehashing old storylines that they never even completed the first time they introduced them. I do believe GLEE suffers from amnesia and hopes that its audience does as well. Unfortunately, GLEE is goind down hill fast and needs some fresh new material that does not involve love triangles, introducing new characters, or living through Rachel (the most dysfunctional character in the whole show). Hopefully it can find itself again because for now I have no interest in watching this disaster. Maybe if they get some diversity maybe add some people of color and not be so bland. Even the singing has gone down hill. There is no fire or soul in GLEE anymore just the main characters pleading for you to buy their bad rendition of songs on ITunes pathetic is all I have to say for now.

Comment by ANN – October 11, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, how much bronzer is that chump wearing?!

Comment by Gant – October 24, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post