Made in Jersey: Is It Guilty of Being Good? Or Are You Already Planning to A-Quit?

Get More: Polls, Premieres, Recaps

Made in Jersey Premiere Recap

CBS left the fist pumps to the kids Friday when it unveiled its far-from-the-Shore legal drama Made in Jersey. But will you GTL and prosecute bad guys with this lawyer each week?

We’re eager to hear your thoughts on the latest East Coast-set procedural, but first, a brief refresher: A fish out of water at her posh Manhattan law firm, Jersey girl Martina Garretti (played by English stunner Janet Montgomery) gets the chance of a lifetime when, as a first-year associate, she’s made third chair on a big case.

As luck would have it, she immediately proves to be an asset to the investigation — one she aids in much more than would your typical attorney — when her extensive knowledge of skinny jeans and Sun-In-eqsue hair dye breaks the case wide open.

Kyle MacLachlan and Donna Murphy also co-star as Martina’s boss and mother, respectively.

What say you, TVLiners? Hit the poll below to let us know what grade you give Made in Jersey, then back up your pick in the comments!

Comments (45)

• Best New Show for CBS in a very long time!! Congrats for finally something orginal.

Comment by Ben from VA – September 28, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Original? I’m sorry, but it was basically Legally Blonde with a bunch of ridiculous Jersey Shore stereotypes and bad accents. I’ve seen worse, but not much.

Comment by Penny – September 28, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought the same thing! It’s Legally Blonde meets The Nanny. Fran Fine as an intelligent lawyer. Even the blonde woman at the law office treats her like CC Babcock did Fran (from The Nanny). Thought the show was goog, though. Will watch again. :)

Comment by Brachel4TheWin! – September 29, 2012 01:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please explain, in detail, how this show is original.

Comment by Superhero – September 28, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, it’s original for CBS, the home of serial killers!

Comment by KevyB – September 29, 2012 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • your comment made my day ahaha

Comment by Emily – September 29, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I’m ready for another episode.

Comment by mamafoxof3 – September 28, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The lead is a little too gorgeous to be real, but for light entertainment, I will tune in again.

Comment by Shirl Morris – September 28, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is how I felt. I was hoping for a “Judging Amy” feel but it is too light for that. I was entertained though and will watch again. :)

Comment by Kim R – September 29, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Piece of poo. It was really bad. Awfully bad

Comment by Vince – September 28, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Horrible. It’s sad what they put on tv . Completely bad

Comment by Vic – September 28, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I will give this show a pass, but I loved what one critic said was the main characters qualifying characteristic and that is that she is the firms resident pleb whisper, ha! It still makes me lol.

Comment by moobear – September 28, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve lived in southern New Jersey most of my life. People in South Jersey don’t act like that. I would be nice if Hollywood could distinguish between North and South Jersey.

Comment by Maddy – September 28, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I grew up in North Jersey. People didn’t act like that there either! I don’t get where this Jersey stereotype comes from. More like Brooklyn or Queens.

Comment by aDelphinium – September 29, 2012 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hollywood can’t even distinguish any Southerner from another; and no, we are not all uneducated and rednecks.

Comment by Karrie – September 30, 2012 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it for the most part.
    Didn’t know the lead was British!

Didn’t like that they made Mrs. Bobby Flay the mean girl.

I loved her character on SVU.

Comment by Dee – September 28, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Legally Blode with a touch of The RealHousewives of New Jersey? Thought CBS could be more original.

Comment by tahina – September 28, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol!! CBS wouldn’t know original if it walked up to them and hit them between the eyes..!

Comment by Gretta – September 29, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s like Ugly Betty, as a lawyer.

Comment by sam – September 28, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More like The Nanny, Fran Fine, as the lawyer. Looked and sounded and dressed more like her. She had style, she had flair, she had…a law degree? LOL. I enjoyed the show, though, and will watch it again.

Comment by Brachel4TheWin! – September 29, 2012 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But isn’t Fran Fine Jewish?

Comment by Maria Flor de Luna – September 29, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, Fran Fine mixed with Ugly Betty I’d say. She appears and sounds more like Fran but Ugly Betty in the sense that she doesn’t fit in with the rest of the lawyers.

Comment by sam – September 29, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugly Betty? The woman is gorgeous. I can’t see the connection.

PS Big Ugly Betty fan here.

Comment by aDelphinium – September 29, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The STORY of Ugly Betty, being part of the fashion world but the complete opposite of her co-workers and the people they work with. This show is similar in the way that she doesn’t really fit in with the rest of the lawyers. They’re basically outsiders and live different lives than the people they work with.

Comment by sam – September 30, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was good but I can’t say that I anticipate another episode like I do “Revenge” and “Scandal”! I will watch if nothing else is on though.

Comment by Karrie – September 28, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed it, but this is one show that CBS needs to turn into a more serialized relationship show rather than a straight by the numbers procedural. Dana Calvo cut her teeth on Greek, and I would love for her to bring some younger lawyers played by Spencer Grammar, Scott Michael Foster, and Aaron Hill to show and give it more of a USA vibe.

Comment by ragincajun – September 28, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve lived in central jersey all of my life and i know nobody and i mean nobody that actually has that accent. That is straight up Staten Island…I doubt even 1% of people from New Jersey actually talk like that.

Comment by Joe – September 28, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i liked it, but I agree with the above poster about not anticipating the show like I do a Revenge, Scandal or even Grimm. it was fun (love Pablo Schreiber) but it’s definitely a “I’ll watch it if nothing else is on” type of show…

Comment by Margaret – September 28, 2012 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli – September 28, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pilot wasn’t fantastically interesting but the main actress and her character kept me interested enough to give it another chance :)

Comment by KAcey – September 28, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it and i will be back next week. Beats a lot of the new shows out right now. The only one i have enjoyed so far is Last Resort. The rest are meh. Mind you looking forward to 666 Park Ave on Sunday.

Comment by greysfan – September 29, 2012 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last Resort – that show positively blew me away. I was in bed, but had been sitting up, I would have been at the edge of my seat. My only concern about Last Resort is where it can go after such a riveting pilot. I hope that show is popular!

Comment by aDelphinium – September 29, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gave it a chance. I’m also from Jersey.Her accent is wrong. It does kind of remind me of Legally Blonde; and Ally McBeal. I didn’t like any of the soundtrack; it sounds hokey. I *do* like a several other cast members, and that’s enough (for now) to give the show another chance.

Comment by aDelphinium – September 29, 2012 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed it more than I expected after the negative buzz/reviews. Alright to stick with on Friday nights but once Nikita returns..

Comment by Jack S – September 29, 2012 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched it because it was a new show and I hadn’t seen much promotion or publicity about it, so I was curious. I didn’t have high expectations but I actually liked it. I thought Janet Montgomery was great (at last, a female Montgomery actress who can ACT!!) as were the other cast members. I’ll be tuning in again next week.

Comment by Gretta – September 29, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We enjoyed it. Hopefully we can see more of her family. I bet they have lots of stories they can write about involving her family.

Comment by momof3 – September 29, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is very predictable, filled with bad accents, too much hair, and is just plain bad. It reminds me more of One for the Money (and we all know how great that movie is….n’t) with a little bit of Legally Blonde’s heart mixed in. Is it the worst show ever? No, but it still stinks.

Comment by Nichole – September 29, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed this one, but of course that means it will probably be cancelled. Liked the lead and everything about the story line.

Comment by Pat Bowen – September 29, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only reason I watched the first five minutes is because I couldn’t find the remote to change the channel to Fringe.

Comment by Ant – September 29, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was actually surprisingly good! Kind of like Ugly Betty meets Legally Blonde! Will definitely tune in to watch again.

Comment by anam mahmood ♥ (@anam_xo) – September 29, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show was entertaining and I liked the cast choices. However, it was a bit light and I don’t know if it will attract enough viewers to be picked up for another season.

Comment by cheryl o – September 29, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I thought about watching it, but then I saw it didn’t even hold up the CSI:NY lead. ‘Tis already a goner.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 30, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching to see Kris Polaha. I hope it gets better, for his sake.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – September 30, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked the cast on NY side, the history was too much Legally Blonde, but there’s nothign on this show that really draws me. Liked better of Pan Am and you know the fate of it. Far well o/

Comment by Pearl – September 30, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somebody would have to pay me mucho dinero to watch anything about Jersey.

Comment by L – October 1, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post