Good Wife Exclusive: Rizzoli & Isles Detective to Play Legendary Lawyer

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Rizzoli & Isles detective Bruce McGill will find himself at the other end of the law later this fall when he kicks off a potentially recurring arc as a world renowned attorney on The Good Wife, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The acting vet will play a living legend of a lawyer who has argued in front of the Supreme Court more times than anyone else. A liberal lion who possesses an innate calm and friendliness, he has served as a consultant to four U.S. Presidents.

RELATED | The Good Wife Planning a X-Rated Surprise!

In addition to Rizzoli & Isles, McGill’s TV credits include Wolf Lake, Family Guy and Psych. He’s arguably best known for his recurring role as Jack Dalton on MacGyver.

The Good Wife‘s fourth season debuts this Sunday at 9/8c on CBS.

Comments (8)

• He was also in the final episode of Quantum Leap, as Al the bartender.

Comment by TV Fan – September 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was D-day in Animal House!!! How can anyone forget that!!!

Comment by joe – September 27, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the exact same thing, D-Day! Of course I think we just dated ourselves. Everyone needs to see Animal House.

Comment by TVFan77 – September 27, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering in what capacity the character will serve. “Living legend of a lawyer” sounds promising; TGW’s courtroom drama is always good. However, if he’s acting as a political consultant, well… I’m not really here for Peter/his election. :|

Comment by Saint Alicia – September 27, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Korsak!!!! Nice!! Looking forward to this…

Comment by Ana – September 27, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I fill silly now that I didn’t know he wasn’t in my favorite show as a kid. Macgyver was awesome

Comment by Zak – September 27, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was Jack Dalton in MacGyver? No wonder he looked and sounded familiar when I first saw him on R&I!

Comment by John – September 29, 2012 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember him on Cagney and Lacey. I love him on Rizzoli and Isles. Very good actor.

Comment by Lavonne Page – April 27, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post