Exclusive Grimm Preview: Silas Weir Mitchell on Monroe as Nick's Secret Weapon

Get More: Exclusive, Previews

When Nick needs someone to infiltrate a Wesen church on this week’s Grimm, he knows exactly where to turn first. After all, what’s the point of having a wolf on your team if you can’t throw him into the action every once in a while?

The plot of this Friday’s episode (9/8c, NBC) involves a religious congregation of sheep-like seelengut and its unusual leader.

“The guy professes to be a reformed blutbad, such as myself,” Silas Weir Mitchell tells TVLine exclusively. And when Nick doesn’t want to spook the pastor by busting in, Grimm-ness ablazing, “he thinks that I might be able to find my way in without letting the guy know that he’s under surveillance.”

RELATEDGrimm Scoop: Claire Coffee Promoted to Regular

At the church, Monroe finds a religious community completely under the thrall of its unorthodox reverend — who’s got a special kind of communion going on with his secretary (played by True Blood‘s Kristina Anapau, pictured at right).

It’s an odd situation for the reclusive sidekick, especially after so much time spent alone “trying to keep my act together on the human level, on the straight and narrow,” Mitchell notes. “I was fine to stay home, work on the clocks, drink the coffee, play the cello. But [Nick] pulls me into the world, and I start to realize that maybe in accordance with my being reformed, I can maybe do some good in the world if I work with Nick.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Grimm Outlook for Jason Gedrick

Another way Monroe can do good, at least in the eyes of many of the series’ fans, is to spend more time with Rosalee. In the season ahead, “that’s definitely a trajectory that [the show] is going to follow,” Mitchell promises.

Enough with the smoochy forecast, and back to the stealth work! How does it turn out? “It goes as well as it can, I suppose,” he says, laughing. “You put Monroe on some kind of detail and see what happens.”

Comments (10)

• The more Monroe the better!

Comment by Blutbadrsexy – September 27, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! Can’t wait to see our favorite wolf infiltrate the flock!

Comment by Ace – September 27, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Silas Weir Mitchell is the reason I watch Grimm. Monroe is awesome.

Comment by Amanda – September 27, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know it’s just been like 3 weeks since the last episode of Grimm was on, but for some reason I feel like we have just endured a long painful hiatus. Bring it back already!

Comment by omabin – September 27, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel that same way! And also agree, the more Monroe the better!

Comment by Tj – September 27, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monroe is the best! <3

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 28, 2012 03:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chants, “mon-roe mon-roe mon-roe mon-roe mon-roe.” I hope they give Rosalee lots of stuff to do this season. It’s annoying that Juliette’s character was written to be such a dud.

Comment by carrie – September 28, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm tonight! Rerun at 9pm then new episode @ 10.

Comment by Renee – September 28, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry my mistake. New episode is @ 9pm not 10

Comment by Renee – September 28, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heard Adalind would be back Claire is great in this role and I hope she comes back soon as the villainess. Monroe is great too!!! Can we please though get rid of Juliette she is such a boring downer needs acting lessons and looks really almost like a plastic figurine.

Comment by Jane Toscano – September 28, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post