Parenthood's Lauren Graham to Help Old Friend Matthew Perry Go On

Get More: Casting News

Lauren Graham Matthew Perry Go OnMatthew Perry is getting an assist from a good friend.

Parenthood‘s Lauren Graham will guest-star on her pal’s new NBC comedy Go On, EW.com reports.

RELATED | Fall Preview Headquarters — Video, Photos, Schedules & More!

Graham will play a college friend and former co-worker of Perry’s recent widower, Ryan. On top of all that, they used to be lovers, too.

This is not the first time the two have teamed up on TV. Graham appeared as herself on Perry’s short-lived Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Go On currently airs Tuesdays at 9/8c.

Comments (22)

• I recall Ellen trying to fix them up. I stopped go on after the 3rd ep but I’ll watch her episodes

Comment by Tt – September 27, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are these two every going to get married. It feels like they’ve been together off and on for 20 years.

Comment by Josh – September 27, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s dating Peter Krause, last I heard.

Comment by Meg – September 27, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and Matthew Perry’s dating Lizzy Caplan.

Comment by Jake – September 27, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really?! She’s so much younger than him though. She’s like my age. Also, I’m jealous.

Comment by Brigette – October 1, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, they were together at one point, right?

Comment by Liz – September 27, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so Happy for Lauren. She deserves all the roles she can get, i’m looking forwards to seeing her in Go On!!!

Comment by Mark – September 27, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love these two, and I’ve really been enjoying Go On. Much more than I thought I would.

Comment by Mikaylah – September 27, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg loving this!!!

Comment by l – September 27, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS EVER.

(And, yes, Lauren Graham is dating her on-screen brother).

Comment by lara – September 27, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren and Matthew! The greatest couple that never was! Love them together.

Comment by SW – September 27, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems they’d have chemistry that jumps off the screen. Maybe they should be co-stars on the next ASP show? Or any well-written show?

Comment by april-ann – September 27, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if this is NBCs way of securing Lauren Graham when they cancel Parenthood. I can’t see Parenthood going another season though I would like it too.

Comment by jasie – September 27, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Go On!

Comment by N – September 27, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go On has been a very positive surprise. I really like it and I love Lauren Graham – she was great both in Gilmore Girls and in Bad Santa!

Comment by Kasper – September 27, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and Seinfeld!

Comment by april-ann – September 27, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this , love both of them and Parenthood and am enjoying Go On but all this did was make me sad about Studio 60 again. :(

Comment by Allison – September 27, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It made me sad about Gilmore Girls.

Comment by april-ann – September 27, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it for only one ep? Also, when can we expect her ep(s) to be on?

Comment by april-ann – September 27, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahh so excited two of my favs on one screen equally awesome to ray romano being on parenthood

Comment by kate – September 27, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is GREAT news!!
    i always wondered which one theyll do, him going to Parenthood or her going to Go on! ^^

Comment by Line – September 28, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She nice actress yes but why make her work too much on multi show? I worry she not have energy to do too much she start the drinking like in the Santa movie plus you think dating her brother ok? If she not a star people would arrest or some such over that. Maybe her Santa love be brother love now, so not ok.

Comment by Weni Choi – October 3, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post