Exclusive

Bones Exclusive: Which SYTYCD Faves Will Join Booth and Brennan on the Dance Floor?

When the Hot Tamale Train pulls into Bones station, it’ll have two additional passengers on board.

So You Think You Can Dance’s Eliana Girard and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp – who won the Fox competition’s ninth season last week – will be part of Bonesupcoming dance-themed outing, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | SYTYCD Champ Eliana Girard Talks ‘Bang Bang,’ Pole-Dancing and Triple-Threat Dreams

Girard will play Katarina Wirz and Wespi-Tschopp will play Rocko, hoofers somehow involved in a Dancing With the Stars-esque show at which Brennan and Booth go undercover.

The SYTYCD victors will be among friends; the reality show’s Mary Murphy and Tyce Diorio will play themselves as judges in the episode, and former contestant and sometime choreographer Dmitry Chaplin will portray a pro in the show-within-a-show. (Interesting to note: This isn’t the first crossover between the two Fox properties; SYTYCD All-Star Stephen “Twitch” Boss played a battle dancer in a Season 6 episode of Bones.)

RELATEDBones Enlists Army Wives Actor Brian McNamara for Season 8 Guest Stint

From what we hear, Girard may want to make sure her shoes are buckled tight and her sequins are secure. After all, the dance floor can be a dangerous place…

The episode will air in late November or early 2013.

1. More Eliana is always fine by me. Now all she needs is to sing on Glee or Smash to be that triple threat she wants to be…

2. Truth says:

Oh, another reason to quit watching this show. Used to be pretty good, now its like an annoying soap opera, and to top it off, So you think you can dance mixed in. I’ll pass.

• Jay says:

So why comment on this article then?? I swear there is always someone like you talking negative in every single article of any show. Don’t y’all get tired of saying the same thing???? Seriously, man smh…

• Emma says:

How could you say that?! Bones is THE best show on tv! The acting is incredible, the writing is marvelous, and it has NONE of the cheesiness of those stupid soap operas!!!!!!!

• Anne says:

Why are you still here if you don’t watch the show? The heading clearly said Bones. Do you just troll thru bones articles to leave negative comments? Loser.

• Lisa says:

If you didn’t watch at least the 2nd half of season 7 or the 2 new episodes of season 8, then you have no idea what the show is now. It’s nothing like a soap opera.

• D.c. says:

I don’t watch Bones, but going by the character names it sounds like they’re lampooning DWTS, which could be great (if easy) comedy. The sytycd cast are amazing, any show would be lucky (and smart) to have them!

3. Alexandra says:

Wasn’t there also an Idol/Bones crossover on a karaoke themed Bones? I remember Ace Young and maybe another contestant.

• Tricia says:

Yep. Season 3’s “The Wannabe In the Weeds” had a handful of contestants from American Idol playing Open Mic Night singers in a DC bar. It’s the episode where Brennan sings “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” right before Booth gets shot.

I thought they did a good job crossing over the Idol contestants into a not-entirely-Idol story (it was like the poor man’s American Idol) even though I can’t stand reality competition shows. This one seems a little silly, and it probably will be, but their undercover stuff is always fun. It will probably be along a similar line to “Double Trouble in the Panhandle”; a weaker episode, but not inherently bad.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

I’m thinking less “Double Trouble in the Panhandle” and more “The Woman in the Sand”…a much stronger episode. Besides, ballroom dancing is more of a Tony and Roxie thing anyways

4. wordsmith says:

I love how Fox is using SYTYCD as a sort of farm league for their other shows. It’s always fun to tune in to Glee and see how many of the background dancers I can identify by name.

5. madlen says:

I’m so happy for Chehon and Eliana. Both are amazing dancers – the best dancers ever in sytycd . I will have to watch this episode since I don’t watch Bones.

6. JS4P says:

On the one hand the show is fun when Booth and Bones go undercover. On the other hand this sounds silly and stupid beyond belief, and like it’s only done to try and get some “synergy” around another Fox show and helping it’s ratings and people out.

And given how badly Bones has done these last seasons in tilting to the silly side, this kind of stunt casting and plot, isn’t going to help.

The show had been doing better this season thus far by being, thankfully, darker than last season’s fluff. But I don’t see how this episode can be anything other than the kind of fluff that made last season so forgettable.

So count me on being a lot more wary of this, than I would like to be over an undercover Booth/Brennan episode.

7. aunnie says:

I’m still in love with the episode that they found out what Zack going to be, so good.

8. K says:

They could do a flash forward episode with last year’s winner as an older Christine. I only saw that show a few times but she resembles Emily enough that it would work.

9. I think the show would be a lot of fun especially with Tony and Roxie not Wanda and Buck.
    Bones is a Great Show. Did you see David in Mr. Fix It dance. Soooo sexy.