Renewal Scoop: USA Orders More White Collar, Covert Affairs and Royal Pains

On the off-chance you’re already planning next summer’s vacation, make sure to leave some room for Neal, Annie and Hank.

USA Network’s popular summer dramas White Collar, Covert Affairs and Royal Pains will return next year, the cabler announced Tuesday.

RELATEDRoyal Pains Scoop: Emma Caulfield Gets Ex-y!

White Collar and Covert Affairs each merited another 16-episode cycle, bringing them to Seasons 5 and 4, respectively. Royal Pains received a regal order indeed: two more seasons – 26 episodes total – of the Hamptons-based medical drama, which will carry it through Season 6.

RELATED | Post Mortem: White Collar Boss Talks Neal and Peter’s Daddy Issues

Meanwhile, several other of the network’s dramas — including Common LawNecessary RoughnessPolitical Animals and Fairly Legal — are still on the bubble as they wait to hear whether they’ll shoot another season.

Covert Affairs’ third season continues Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 10/9c and wraps in November. White Collar‘s Season 4 continues in January. Royal Painstwo-hour winter movie, “Off-Season Greetings,” is scheduled to air Sunday, Dec. 16 at 9/8c.

1. ktbanks says:

Great. So what about Political Animals? lol

2. Lincoln says:

Any word on a renewal for Fairly Legal yet?

3. Lorena says:

WHAAAAT? Until January to have back in my screen Peter and Neil, im gonna suffer

4. BuffyXO says:

Any word on Burn Notice?

• Elyse says:

i just saw a commercial the other day that said it’s back on November 8th! not sure about getting picked up for next season though.

5. CC says:

Burn Notice?!?!?!?

• Viviana says:

I am sure Burn Notice will get renewed. The issue they are facing and possibly giving them a delay to renew is that the stupid commissioners in Miami do not want to renew their contract for the sound stages they use in the Miami Beach Convention Center area. We had a big story in the paper here about it. Because its a show that can be renewed or cancelled the studio only wants to have a one year contract at a time. While the Miami Commissioners want to use the sound stages and the area for parks and other renovations and constructions. The article maybe was used to give the studio pressure to renew for more than one year. Maybe thats why the ended in Panama, maybe a change of location is needed because of this contract issue. Doubt they’ll actually film in Panama but they have used Puerto Rico before and maybe they even move to DC which is where I thought they would do when this contract issue came out.

• Carol Sullivan says:

Thanks for the info on Burn Notice, Viviana. Good to know those back story secrets! I hope all gets worked out. I’d sure like to read that article… BN is by far one of my family’s favs!

6. Morgan says:

Will Psych ever get a premiere date?

7. sarah birkin says:

Yep, more Polictical animals, and common law?……. Please USA!!

• GildaAnon says:

I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Ealy (“Travis” on “Common Law”) today while I was out and about, and he says they’re still waiting to hear. Meanwhile, today he’s on a shoot for the show “About Last Night”.

8. terry says:

White collar back in january ?????? WTH

9. Shari says:

ummm.. WTF. Burn Notice!?!

10. Pam says:

Good news, but what about Necessary Roughness?

11. Balaji K says:

I am surprised Suits and Burn Notice didn’t get renewed in this batch. Well, I guess it will happen sooner or later.

12. DenverDean says:

Interesting that RP only got two 13-episode batches, instead of usual 16. Wonder if that means that these are final two seasons.

• Marc says:

From this article on Deadline.com (http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/usas-royal-pains-white-collar-covert-affairs-renewed/): “Because of the show’s premise — it takes place during the summer season in the Hamptons — there are not enough warm days to film the entire longer seasons, forcing the show to film stunt episodes shot in warmer location that often feel disjointed and disrupt the flow of the medical series, like Hank and Evan’s trip to Florida or Mark’s to Cuba. This year, the series aired 14 episodes in the summer that will be followed by a two-hour holiday movie to air December 16.”

I know from onlocationvacations.com, they shoot a lot scenes in studio in Brooklyn and in Nassau County rather than out on the Hamptons.I suppose that, if it takes 10 days to shoot an episode and they don’t work straight through with no breaks (Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day), it is a little tight trying for 16 episodes when weather is decent from May through September. Still, I would think that they could alter the schedule to shoot in-studio and village shots when the weather is too cold for beach/water/recreation scenes and get 16 done.

13. Tiffany says:

Still waiting for a date set for the return of Psych! Especially since today’s tweets from the Psych Writers are about the MUSICAL EPISODE!! Squeee!! My only sadness is that even though many promises were made to make it work when they talked about it during Nerd HQ at Comic Con, Zachary Levi won’t be able to make it for the episode. Silly major motion picture he is currently filming in another country… ;)

14. Emgee says:

Next up, Burn Notice and Suits! Now that USA is in renewal mode, I am sure those are not far off.

15. marissa says:

What about Suits?!?!?!

16. Jennifer S says:

YAY for White Collar. Don’t really watch the others. Haven’t since each of the first seasons. Just didn’t get into them. Did Burn Notice get renewed?

17. Didi says:

I’m really disappointed Common Law is probably not returning. I loved that show and my 17 year old son enjoyed watching with me. It was nice having a show we both couldn’t wait to watch.

18. M says:

I watch White Collar, Covert Affairs and Royal Pains. Personally, I don’t watch any of the following shows in renewal limbo: Common Law, Necessary Roughness, Political Animals and Fairly Legal

19. joterri says:

Suits and Neccesary Roughness , now please

20. tp says:

Suits, Common Law and Necessary Roughness renew would make my day.

21. Christa says:

Woooooo hooooooo!!!! Love all those shows and really liked this last season of royal pains!!

22. Jon says:

I thought Common Law had already been announce as cancelled.

23. Season one of Covert Affairs was atrocious and cheesy but the storyline much to my surprise has gone for the better. I’m happy to see it getting picked up for another season.

24. Jon says:

I could easily see Fairly Legal being renewed if they retooled it for the Ben Grogan character. That’s a show I would watch. As it is now, with Kate Reed, nah… not interested.

• Rose says:

REALLY????! Kate’s the reason I watch! My daughter and I love the show! I love her, sassy, slightly crazy, character, and I like the actress that plays her step-mom/partner! Ben not so much, even though the banter between Kate and Ben is funny at times, I think Kate (and the actress that plays her) is the best!

25. I am thrilled about White Collar (was planning a trip to NYC next Spring) but I definitely think Common Law & Suits should ALSO be renewed…I would be sad to see either of them gone :(

26. MGL says:

Loved Covert Affairs this past summer season, but the show moved away from its comfort zone. If the renewal only causes it to revert back to an Annie and Auggie, no chemistry, lovefest, I cannot watch it. They need to bring back/ressurect the Simon Fischer character. And, Suits needs to be renewed next!

27. John says:

Good news, though the longer renewal for RP compared to Covert Affairs or WC catches me by surprise as of those three RP is the one I find least compelling. But it does have difference going for it. (Except when Boris is onscreen and, FFWD time then).

28. Anna says:

YAY for White Collar! Now they just have to renew Suits, pleeease (:

29. Linda says:

C’mon, I want Common Law back!

30. Wil says:

People keep asking about Burn Notice…USA renewed Burn Notice for three seasons last year. It’s quite safe.

31. downsidebob says:

ORE COMMON LAW. DAMNIT

32. Babybop says:

Happy about Covert Affairs! I’m just bummed there’s no news about Psych’s premiere date.

33. leah says:

I think Common Law should get a second season, and someone needs to find something better for sarah shahi.

34. i love common law great new show for usa please renew for season two and more

35. Ella says:

Royal Pains?! Seriously? That show went down the toilet in season 2. Unless they revive it and go back to what made it cool in season 1 (aka, Evan and Divya’s potential chemistry packed relationship, interesting patients, better written Hank) I don’t think I’ll be tuning in. Evan and Paige together makes my stomach churn and while I like the new doctor, I do not like him with Divya. And Hank is so boring now.

• JenInChicago says:

I hope they don’t have Hank re-connecting with his latest girlfriend….Kat Foster’s smirking-style of talking really irked me. I’m sure she’s a nice person, but I don’t care for her.

36. Lilly says:

Does anyone even care if Covert Affairs is renewed for Season 4 without Simon? I like all the CA characters, but Simon and Annie had magic, Dumping his character after 7 episodes was a chemical waste. (Forget about the viewers who will love and miss him.) What about poor Annie? All we will see from now on is all work, and no play. Does CA really think they will find Annie another “dance” partner like Simon? Sillies !

Why doesn’t USA give Richard Coyle his own show, Piper Parabo can guest star, and everyone will be happy, right ?

37. Rain says:

So sad to hear Common Law is probably going to be canceled. I looked forward to it so much every week, it was my favorite summer show!

38. PB says:

Suits and Burn Notice will get renewed, they’re the strongest performing shows that USA has. Suits has garnered most of the buzz for USA the last year.

Disappointing about Common Law, but it was basically just a buddy cop show so there wasn’t much of a hook. The leads were good though, but it was banished to Friday night so USA must not have thought it test well.

I would say that Necessary Roughness has the strongest chance of coming back out of those three. It has a built in audience, the ratings weren’t terrible and it does have some critical panache to it with Callie getting a GG nomination. Someone who’s job is on the line may want to double down on Political Animals, but it got massacred in the ratings and it got softer week to week. Again, someone put their rep on the line for that show and with all the big names, maybe they feel like they have to bring it back, but it was a failure of a show for garnering viewers. Fairly Legal has been fairly dead for awhile……unless USA doesn’t feel it has anything of value during pilot season….

39. Georgia says:

Common Law is my favorite show on USA. It definitely deserves another season!

40. Anna says:

Haha Royal Pains movie premieres on my birthday!

41. Pippy says:

Yeah!!!! White Collar rocks!!!!

42. H.Houston says:

I really like Fairly Legal and Political Animals. I am not sure how in the world Necessary Roughness is on the bubble. Holy Cow it had an amazing season and awesome finale. I actually started watching Suits this summer…

43. kayylo41 says:

PLEASE bring back COMMON LAW!!!!! Please!!!
    I looked forward to this show on Friday nights. This was my date after work with two hot guys-:).
    Already a huge Michael Ealy fan and now a fan of Warren Cole. Team #Common Law #Michael Ealy #Warren Cole.

44. roo says:

From the UK. THANK YOU for Season 4 Covert Affairs. Amazing Show !!!

45. jennifer says:

i am so grateful for the person who helped me bring back my favorite series back air i so love white collar i love peter and Neal they are too good together i hope more season are added up if it can get to season 7 not bad i know lots of people will appreciate it

46. Aleida says:

Indoor cycling classes can increase energy, cardiovascular fitness and burning calories on average, with a leader with skills who can help
    you gain the body you desire by increasing calorie consumption.

Stories about rides, granfondos, touring, having a column design which actually begins in.
    By the time I was at St-Benoît-des-Ondes, I had really good gates and that’s bicycle it.
    Balancing is not justa matter of skillfully positioning yourself to keep your bicycle in motion
    and prevent falls or avoid accidents.