NBC Renews The Voice for Seasons 4 and 5

Get More: News, Reality TV, Renewals

Two weeks into The Voice‘s third season, NBC has renewed the singing competition for not one but two more cycles, the network announced on Tuesday.

Seasons 4 and 5 will air in the Spring and Fall of 2013.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s Monday The Voice Recap: They’ve Been Really Tryin’, Baby

“This pickup will assure the many dedicated Voice fans that this innovative show will continue to bring some of the most talented new voices to the world’s attention through all of next year,” NBC chief Robert Greenblatt said in announcing the news. “With the addition of Usher and Shakira as rotating coaches to join Christina, CeeLo, Adam and Blake in the next cycle, we know that this incredibly addictive program will remain even more relevant as we move forward through this exciting season.”

As mentioned above, NBC last week announced that uni-monikered pop stars Usher and Shakira would replace Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera for Season 4, while the latter two artists take “project-related” absences from their mentoring duties.

RELATED | Ratings: NBC Wins Premiere Monday as Dancing With the Stars Trips

Thus far this fall, The Voice is averaging 12.9 million total viewers/a 4.5 demo rating and 12.5 million/4.3 with its Monday and Tuesday outings, respectively.

Watch TVLine’s Michael Slezak and American Idol alum Melinda Doolittle discuss both The Voice and The X Factor in Episode 2 of Reality Check:

Tags: ,

Comments (19)

• glad it’s such a big hit in the States!
    DUTCH PRIDE!!

Comment by Luc – September 25, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Word, I’m from the Netherlands myself, this is one concept im proud of. (Big Brother was just horrible)

Comment by Symce – September 25, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What about Star Academy?

Comment by Maria Flor de Luna – September 25, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m sorry but if none of the winners are ever successful, whats the point? the show is creative in the audition process but other than that, i can’t imagine why ppl keep auditioning for it. its not like they have massive success after the show. Let’s face it, idol may be old/annoying/irrelevant but at least the winners have mild sucess.

Comment by Candice – September 25, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People tune in for the bickering between the coaches. That’s why after the blind audiitons the numbers usually fall. I loved the first season, but it’s just not worth it, at least to me anymore.

Comment by Andrea – September 25, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Idols recent past winners aren’t very succesful either. There has only been a few that have really made it out of so many seasons. Give the Voice some time and they too will deliver.

Comment by Claire – September 30, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And once again, NBC takes a reality show they have success with and runs it (into the ground) year round.

Comment by Colleen – September 25, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t really see it that way. This year is probably the best so far as far as talent goes and next seasons introduction with Usher and Shakira might make the Voice even bigger.

Meanwhile Idol has Nicki Minaj as their new judge.. on a singing show.. now that’s funny.

Comment by Justin – September 30, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Christina returns for S5. I’m such a fan of her and shakira, too but… christina >shakira, IMO. So, I hope it’s not permanent. i just have a feeling that this “project related” is gonna turn out to be permanent.

Comment by Nina – September 25, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope xtina returns as well! Shakira doesn’t compare. Not even close.

Comment by Sha – September 27, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im glad NBC has a hit with the voice

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – September 25, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! The Voice is my favorite!! Love seeing Adam Levine!

Comment by Nna – September 25, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finally NBC has done Good!!!
      Now bring back Harry’s LAW!

Comment by Carm – September 26, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice helps it’s artists by treating them with respect and allowing them a once-in-a-lifetime of mentoring with a successful artists who knows the ups and downs of the business. Idol winners run to Nashville and get signed by country radio and have hits. The Voice’s 1st two winners were not country radio voices, maybe this season one that is will win and succeed on the charts. I watch the show because I love the fun the coaches have. I am part of a big chunk of viewers who never, ever had any interest in any singing/variety competition shows before but am hooked on The Voice.

Comment by Maggie – September 25, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. I’m also not a traditional singing-show viewer (I hate them actually) but I love The Voice. Its the coaches and their bickering/playing that make me tune in

Comment by mia – September 25, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not all Idol winners turn to Nashville to get an album out. Have you heard of Kelly Clarkson, Ruben, Fantasia, Jordin and David Cook? All of them had at least one platinum certification for an album while The Voice has yet to produce a true breakout star. Kelly has 4 platinum certifications and 2 of those are multi-platinum :)

Comment by JC – September 26, 2012 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1 cycle is year is plenty! Can you say burnout!!! And the judges/mentors cannot commit themselves to 2 cycles per year, they have their own projects and careers to work on! And speaking personally for myself, once Adam Levine is gone, so am I.

Comment by Eric – September 25, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I already stopped watching, the judges have become repetitive and even if there is a good singer, they go absolutely no where after the show so why waste my time. Good luck NBC on having back to back seasons. I will still watch Michael and Melinda reality show.

Comment by Mary – September 26, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well of course they re going to, because it is one of the only shows they have worth watching.

Comment by David Jines – December 15, 2012 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post