Grimm Scoop: Claire Coffee Promoted to Regular

Get More: Casting News

Bad news for Nick: Adalind is here to stay!

Grimm has promoted Claire Coffee (a.k.a. Nick’s Hexenbiest nemesis) to a full-fledged series regular, effective immediately.

RELATED | Grimm First Look — Will Monroe Go Undercover to Help Nick and Hank?

Coffee, whose credits also include a semi-regular stint on TNT’s Franklin & Bash, has recurred on the NBC thriller since the pilot.

RELATED | Grimm Casts Jason Gedrick as [Spoiler]

Grimm resumes its sophomore season this Friday at 9/8c.

Comments (28)

• She also played Nadine on General Hospital. She was a love interest for Nikolas. I loved her on there. Glad to see her getting more primetime work.

Comment by Lena120 – September 25, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s crazy awesome, especially after they said she wasn’t returning this season! I’m really happy! I’m interested to know how she’s going about without powers! Just potions?

Comment by Barbie – September 25, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh YES> I love her. I still always remember her as one of the interns in Season 4 of the West Wing

Comment by sara – September 25, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well i guess that where she disappeared to on F&B

Comment by ggny – September 25, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news! loved this character since the beginning and hoped we would see more of her. I was worried when she left, but this make up for her absence. She can become a great “big bad” over the seasons :D

Comment by zan – September 25, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • interesting. i wonder what this means for her character. can’t wait for grimm to return this friday!

Comment by murley – September 25, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off – Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Secondly, how? – and what are they going to do with the character?

Comment by Martin – September 25, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I figured they would. She brings the witchy magic aspect to the show that I like.

Comment by Renee – September 25, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blech

Comment by mountaineer – September 25, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not happy about this one. She’s good in small doses, but full time…I don’t think so.

Comment by Renee – September 25, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A lot of fans were hoping she’s get promoted and she does add something extra to the show that I personally really like. So, I say YES! Season 2 of Grimm has been great so far and I think it’s only going to get better. Can’t wait for Friday!

Comment by iMember – September 25, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to here she is coming back and as a regular. She is a really good character actress and especially good on Grimm.

Comment by tvdiva – September 25, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh that’s super interesting. Wonder where they’ll take her character. Maybe she’ll be the Spike of the series; the villain who reluctantly works with the goodguys.
    Looking forward to watching. Also glad to see the continual increase of lady characters

Comment by mia – September 25, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! She’ll always be cute nurse Nadine from General Hospital to me!

Comment by dude – September 25, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prior to this point, Adalind’s apparent sole goal in life has been to do what Captain Renard wants her to do (she did seem completely infatuated with him). Now that she’s been de-hexened and been totally rejected by both him and her mother, what purpose does she have? She got a pretty sizable revenge on Nick by what she did to Juliette. Wouldn’t Nick like to, I don’t know, chop her head off if he ran into her again? Maybe Renard will take her back since he got all purified by Mother Dearest’s magic shirt-removing potion!

Comment by Dreamrose – September 25, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed with your comment and thought it was funny, too!

Comment by SK – September 26, 2012 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Weird considering her arc basically ended already.

Comment by Shaun – September 25, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well she is coming back for Revenge against Renard and our Grimm Family.

Although Hank my want to keep sleeping with his gun because he is still the softest target.

Comment by John – September 25, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is awesome!

Comment by omabin – September 26, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m reserving judgment on this one. I found her to be a rather uninteresting character. Hope she’s better as a regular than she was as a guest star.

Comment by aunt_deen – September 26, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if she might be able to inherit her mother’s hexenbeist?

Comment by Becca Porter – September 26, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She currently has no powers, so what are they going to do with her? Is it strictly revenge against the Captain?

Comment by Bob – September 26, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good. I’ve always enjoyed her appearances and having her as a consistent member of the cast should be good for the overall plot development of the show. If I were to guess how her character might play out it would go something like this; Adalind will be a wild card. She will have her own agenda which is to get back at both Nick and Renard. She has chemistry with Nick which means they will be foils for each other but will eventually warm to each other and become romantically involved. She will be the bad girl on the path to redemption but will eventually die in a tragic way by sacrificing herself.

Comment by The Kaibosh – September 26, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure they’ll find a way to get her powers back. I love her; I think she and Nick have great chemistry. I’m sure at some point they’ll probably even get together, since most shows tend to go the enemies to lovers route. And I think she looks so much like this season of Project Runway’s contestant Melissa. Whenever I watch PR I think “Hexenbeist!”

Comment by Mikael – September 26, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her! She’s like the female version of Spike. I, too, agree that she has great chemistry with Nick.

Comment by Angie – September 26, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nice, love her

Comment by William – September 26, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her too. Adalind is a strong character. I can’t wait her to meet Renard.

Comment by pretha – September 27, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very soon this website will be famous among all blog users, due to it’s nice content

Comment by website – November 18, 2013 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post