Exclusive: Cinemax's Banshee Snags Once Upon a Time Princess Anastasia Griffith

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Anastasia Griffith BansheeErstwhile Once Upon a Time princess Anastasia Griffith has signed on to guest star in the Season 1 finale of Banshee, Cinemax’s upcoming 10-episode drama series from True Blood creator Alan Ball and former House executive producer Greg Yaitanes.

The project, written by authors Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, centers on Lucas (played by New Zealand thesp Antony Starr), an ex-convict and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Penn, and continues to carry out his criminal activities even as shadowy gangsters hunt him.

Griffith, who recurred as Princess Abigail/Kathryn on OUAT last season and currently stars in BBC America’s Copper, will play a prison psychiatrist who treats Lucas.

The cast also includes Ivana Milicevic (Charlie’s Angels), Rus Blackwell (Burn Notice) Ulrich Thomsen (The Thing), Matt Servitto (Harry’s Law), Trieste Dunn (Canterbury’s Law), Daniel Ross Owens (The Lying Game, Detroit 1-8-7), Hoon Lee (Blue Bloods, White Collar) and Lili Simmons (Geek Charming, Zeke and Luther). House grad Odette Annable also recently joined the ensemble for an arc.

Banshee is scheduled to premiere in January.

Comments (9)

• You forgot to mention her role as Katie in Damages.

Comment by Gerald – September 22, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s when I became a fan.

Comment by Jason – September 22, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was awesome in Trauma!

Comment by Alyssa – September 22, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, On Once Upon a Time are Kathryn and Frederic going to run off to Boston?

Comment by Stormy – September 22, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know what it is about her I just can’t stand. I think the first time I saw her was on SVU and have not been a fan in everything I have seen her in since. She is ruining Copper for me.

Comment by Ant – September 23, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her in Copper, not so much in Once Upon a Time. I think it’s because her American accent is weird. Physically, for some reason she reminds me of a blonde Natalie Dormer. Anyway, Strike Back was good, so hopefully this one will be, too.

Comment by Sareeta – September 23, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is one of my favorite female characters in Copper, though to be honest, there are very few to love on that show. lol Great actress. Loved her in Once Upon A Time and Damages, too.

Comment by Lissy – September 23, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish she would/could play Rollins sister on Law & Order SVU if they ever explore that part. Her sister apparently has psych/drug issues. I think she would be awesome playing that and they look somewhat alike too.

Comment by Petra (@MorbidPet) – September 23, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks so much like Jamie Bamber (they’re siblings) that it throws me off hahaha

Comment by This – September 24, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post