Psych Exclusive: Anthony Michael Hall Is Latest Brat Packer to Visit USA Series

Don’t you forget about Anthony Michael Hall, because the onetime Brat Pack member (and star of The Dead Zone) is heading to Psych during Season 7.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Hall will guest-star during the coming, yet-to-be-scheduled cycle as Harris Trout, an impeccably dressed and eccentric police consultant who is recruited by the mayor him to help make the SBPD run more efficiently.

RELATED | Psych Exclusive: Look Who’s Crushing on Gus in Season 7

In that capacity, Trout will interview Shawn, Gus, Lassiter and Juliet about their seemingly poor work on a case they’re trying to solve during his visit.

Oh, and Trout does not believe in psychics. Eep.

VIDEO | Psych @ Comic-Con: Fantastic Season 7 – and Beyond! – Scoop, and a Major Character Death?

Hall’s casting marks the fourth member of the big screen’s “Brat Pack” to appear on Psych, following in the footsteps of Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy and Judd Nelson. (Emilio, Demi, Rob and Andrew, why the hold-up?)

Comments (28)

• Hooray! I love psych and they make such awesome use of their guest stars. A lot of times I get really tired of big name celebrities making guest appearances on shows but Psych manages to really use their talents and make the episodes better for having them on rather than having the whole episode feel like a shameless ratings ploy.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – September 21, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just thinking about who was going to be the next brat packer on Psych! All I could think was AMH for sure because of his USA past! Next will probably be Andrew McCarthy and Rob Lowe.. how exciting!!

Comment by Jooshua – September 21, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The star of The Dead Zone does not believe in pyschics. Now that’s funny!

Comment by Nancy L. – September 21, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 3 weeks ago I met Anthony Michael Hall at DragonCon. I told him he needed to be on Psych because they were trying to get all the brat pack actors. He had NO idea. 3 weeks later this happens. Coincidence? I think not! I’m taking credit for this! hahah :D

Comment by Jenna Vento (@jvento) – September 21, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO! You totally should take credit.

Comment by the girl – September 21, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for new season to start

Comment by Sherri Brown – September 21, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boy, will it be awesome seeing Shawn Spencer and Johnny Smith together.

Comment by Tiago Andrade – September 21, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Now we need Emilio Estevez and we’ll have the whole Breakfast Club as guest stars. Now if only USA would announce a season premiere date.

Comment by Jenny – September 21, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Emilio Estevez and Rob Lowe on Psych.

Comment by L – September 21, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My oh my how I miss Dead Zone.

Comment by tp – September 21, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “…recruited by the mayor him to help make the SBPD run more efficiently.”

Is the above passage supposed to read “recruited by the mayor to help him make the SBPD run more efficiently”?

Comment by Ben – September 21, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they meant “by the mayor himself…” And just overlooked the incomplete word…

Comment by Angel – September 21, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych was the reason The Dead Zone was cancelled

Comment by kraw hitham (@_krawhitham) – September 21, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Psych! So cool. I think it would be cool if they could get Emilo and also his dad Martin who worked with Dule on WW.

Comment by patti – September 21, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Emilio, don’t be the third Thompson Twin with the dreds…

Comment by Winnie – September 21, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, any idea when this season will premiere? It’s supposed to be in the fall but the announcement hasn’t come yet. Has it been postponed to winter?

Comment by Balaji K – September 21, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It could very well be winter. No word as of this morning.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 21, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Psych page on USANetwork.com says : All new seasons coming this winter. :-/

Comment by Balaji K – September 21, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww…… MAAAANNNN!!!!!! what are you waiting for USA NETWORK,…. THE RAPTURE? when will the show return?

Comment by Jack Wahl – September 21, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the looks of the footage and what they said at comic con they already had like four episodes done at least ans that was the beginning of July. I need to see what that epic footage of the moments after Henry gets shot. Hurry up USA everything else on the channel has gone into hiatus so there is now nothing to keep our minds off psych.

Comment by bandanab – September 21, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN! My Daughter and I love Psych and have been watching the episodes over and over…We still laugh just as hard. I love all the actors, actresses, and references to the 80′s…my Daughter just likes Sean. LOL. What is the hold-up USA? I finally have a show I can watch with my kids of all ages. We have been so excited seeing so many other shows coming back out…we were getting worried until I went on line.

Comment by Sheri – September 23, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so psyched about the new season! Laughter really is the best medicine!

Comment by Angel – September 21, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always thought it was more of a Breakfast Club thing than a Brat Pack thing…Judd Nelson has been great on it, but the best has been Ally Sheedy.

Comment by KC – September 22, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have saved this link to my Favorites. If anyone, finds out when Pysch is returning….let us know. I will be watching out. I agree with most all the comments. I love the 80′s movie references, actors/actresses, and so forth. It has been a long time since a show has repeatedly made me laugh so hard! Its about time actually. Hats off to USA for keeping this going…now, the suspense has gone on long enough…Its time to get Pysch rolling again. I can’t think of a better way to spend my winter than snuggled up in the blankets with my hot cocoa and Pysch! Let’s Go!

Comment by Sheri – September 23, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw Lassie and Chief Vick on a recent episode of Warehouse 13, and it just reminded me how much I’m missing Psych. The dynamic between all the characters makes it seem as though they’ve known each other their entire lives.They just mesh so well. All that said, I think I miss the Psych-outs more than anything. It’s just nice to see what really goes on in between takes. They clearly have a ton of fun with each other.

Comment by Eric – October 1, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVED Anthony Michael Hall on Community a couple years ago! Really looking forward to seeing him on Psych if/when they ever put the show on the air again…

Comment by boB – October 7, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be great. I love Psych and really miss Anthony Michael Hall (even if I can never get his name straight) and The Dead Zone. And like Lauren said above, this is one show that knows how to showcase their guest stars.

Comment by Terry (@Terrysagirl) – October 17, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post