Exclusive: ABC's Mistresses Casts JoBeth Williams as Alyssa Milano's Mom

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

JoBeth WilliamsAddison’s Private Practice mom has found a new family.

ABC’s midseason drama Mistresses has tapped JoBeth Williams — aka Addie’s troubled ma Bizzy — to play the mother of Alyssa Milano and Jes Macallan’s characters, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Mistresses Adds Penelope Ann Miller

Based on the British format by the same name, Mistresses follows four women (Milano, newcomer Macallan, Lost‘s Yunjin Kim and Work It‘s Rochelle Aytes) as they balance their turbulent romantic and personal lives. The series also stars Jason George (Grey’s Anatomy) and Aussie Brett Tucker (Castle, Spartacus: Vengeance).

Though originally slated for summer 2013, the drama has been moved to the coming midseason.

Williams — whose other recent credits include Scandal and Hart of Dixie — will appear in Episode 9.

Comments (11)

• I thought this was coming Summer 2013, not mid season ? Anybody know??

Comment by Danielle H – September 21, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it can do well on midseason, I think summer was a better fit for it. I like the whole concept of the show but I think a lot of people are tired of a sex and the city style show and so this prob. would have made it on summer.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – September 21, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The sooner the better”
    Keep me updated as to the time and date!
    My fingers will speed set the DVR!
    Lol

Comment by Brenda Webb – September 21, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the British show. Can’t wait for this!

Comment by JB – September 21, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How many times will ABC say, “I’m making a show for summer — oh wait, changed my mind, gonna use it in midseason instead”

Comment by Martin – September 22, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see it!! I will be watching every episode!!!!

Comment by Capi Stewart – September 22, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought ABC decided to pass on this show and it was going to Lifetime, or was that another show that happened to?

Comment by Ram510 – September 22, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that was deviuos maids

Comment by Hannah – September 23, 2012 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Alyssa and this concept. This series won’t last more than one season. No woman-centric shows survive very long on ABC. Eastwick, Cashmere Mafia, Missing, GCB were perfectly good shows but of course ABC cancelled it. Greys and PPP have male leads so they are the exceptions.

Comment by shuayb – September 23, 2012 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, because Desperate Housewives, Revenge, and Scandal are so testosterone-heavy? Eastwick, GCB, Missing, and Cashmere Mafia were all terrible shows that deserved to die. The good female centric shows can survive on ABC. I think Nashville is going to be a huge hit.

Comment by RLS – September 25, 2012 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking for this guideline, very nice to read it, and please keep posting such an informative stuff. Such a good blog it is..

Comment by Malik – December 1, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post