Grade NBC’s Thursday Comedy Premieres!

After a long summer away, NBC came back in (almost) full comedy force tonight with the season premieres of Up All Night, The Office and Parks and Recreation. (30 Rock, which rounds out the yuk-filled evening, returns Oct. 4.)

We certainly laughed our boo-honeys off, but we want to hear what you thought of the night’s fare. So here’s the deal: Cruise through the mini-recaps below, give each comedy a grade via poll and then hit the comments to expand your thoughts. Did anything make you actually LOL? How do you feel about the seasons ahead? Let’s hear it!

Up All Night

WHAT’S NEW | Chris and Reagan, who were just starting to get their work/family balance in control at the end of last season, were thrown again when The Ava Show was cancelled. Speaking of freaking, Ava had a hard time with the change, too. And little Amy is a full-fledged toddler!

WHO’S NEW | Reagan hired her slacker brother Scott (played by Luka Jones) to help fix up a bathroom.

BIG LAUGH | A wigged-out Reagan’s response to her daughter happily woo-hooing to herself: “Okay, obviously the tension in this room is giving Amy baby Tourette’s!”

The Office

WHAT’S NEW | Outward Bound leadership training is supposed to help people get perspective, but it did the opposite to Andy by focusing him on taking down Nellie. Kevin saved a turtle.

WHO’S NEW | Clark Duke and Jake Lacy made their first appearances as new employees, and the Dunder Mifflinites quickly bestowed them with the nicknames “new Jim” and “Dwight Jr.” Halpert and Schrute were unamused.

BIG LAUGH | Dwight’s awkward, vending machine-side conversation with one of the newbies: “Humor. I have it, too.”

Parks and Recreation Amy Poehler Chris Pratt Season 5Parks and Recreation

WHAT’S NEW | Leslie and Andy hightailed it to Washington, D.C. to visit their better halves. While it was a happy reunion for one couple (the handsy April and Andy), Leslie found herself feeling less-than-significant when immersed in Ben’s big-time-politics lifestyle. Elsewhere, it was revealed that Tom and Ann chose to not make a go at a real romance.

WHO’S NEW | No newbies to note, just the same ol’ Pawnee denizens you know and love. U.S. Senators Barbara Boxer, John McCain and Olympia Snowe did, however, make hilarious — and surprisingly well-acted — cameos.

BIG LAUGH  An overly enthusiastic Leslie on the fabulous time she’s having in D.C.: “Romantic reunion! Government meetings! Self-guided museum tours! I mean, am I living the dream? I dunno. Did I also just walk past a food truck and buy myself a waffle sundae? Yes!”

1. Jaime says:

What has happened to Will Arnett? He lost so much weight; and, his hair is looking so ridiculous

2. Britta Unfiltered says:

The absence of Community…it hurts me. My whole brain is crying.

3. ggny says:

F for not having Community on

• april-ann says:

Yes that sucks. Another great show deserving of another chance. Moving it to Friday? Bad move. A 13 ep order? Bad move, but fitting for something delegated to a Friday. Since it should never have been moved there, my thoughts would be to take it from there immediately. Left there it will die. It would have been kinder to kill it at Thursday than to make it suffer a slow death on Friday. So, take it away from Friday, Now. Condense the long, overly drawn-out final Office season to 13 episodes, justice could be done to all remaining characters and for fans with that. Then give Community the Office’s timeslot on Thursday for the remainder of the tv season and from then on permanently. It has to be better than anything the peacock (not deserving of a capital “P”) is thinking of replacing the Office with next fall. Trying to be on topic though, I did love the Office tonight (but it will be one loooong season so can’t say I will stay with it).

4. samaxe794 says:

Andy wanting to go to the National Mall because he needed some new flip flops was great. Ron and his barbecue was awesome as well.

5. Shiva says:

Ron effing Swanson

6. Bob says:

The Office was spectacular and so was P&R! Aziz and Rashida were on top of their game, and all of this Jim stuff is making me nervous as hell! Can’t wait to see how the end of the office turns out. Lets pray for a Michael Scott return!

7. Ram510 says:

At the rate Go On is currently going, I’m sure it’ll be the one to replace the office in that timeslot. As for Community I’m sure NBC and Sony will strike a deal for more episodes so it can reach 88 episodes for syndication

• april-ann says:

True dat. Go On is a good show but IMO would not be quite as good a fit with Up All Night and Parks and Rec as is Community. Maybe they could both be on Thurs. because isn’t 30 Rock ending as well? But alas, once that Friday move decision was made, I think we all know by now what that really means.

8. Ant says:

All these shows need to go away and bring Community back on Thrusdays.

9. erin says:

Dwight on the slack line was the greatest.

10. Maris says:

Parks was SO good, then again, when is it no? I’m just glad it’s back in my life

11. LC says:

Didn’t feel right without Community being there. Parks & Rec was phenom though.

12. Will Arnett looks like an anorexic Guido. Not a good look for him.
    Didn’t really like the Up Al Night reboot. That assistant, Missy, has been written out of the show without an explanation, and the brother is such a bland character.

Watched The Office for the first time since last year’s premiere, and I’ve gotta say it exceeded my expectations. Wasn’t great, but still watchable. The two new guys are actually kinda good. Loved the Jim & Jim Junior interaction: “- Any team sports? – NASCAR. The Amazing Race?”

Parks & Rec – amazing, business as usual.

• Jane says:

I have tried watching the Office several times and can’t c the humor in it at all. Actually thought it was pretty stupid and made me wonder how in the world it got so many awards.

13. Dw says:

30 Rock comes back in 2 weeks, not next week.

14. Julio says:

Didn’t know the premiere of Up All Night was tonight. Way to market your product NBC. Hopefully they’ll repeat it.

15. Aryn says:

The Office was 100 times better last night!!! Last season just wasn’t up to par…I am hoping they go out on a high note :) Parks was, and is always, totally awesome!!!! Show some Emmy love this weekend for Parks, this show rocks Thursday nights – now as soon as Community comes back all will be right with the world…

16. andjuliesaid says:

As a former die hard Office fan who deleted more episodes off the DVR than I watched last season, I actually kind of dug the season premiere. I hope it continues to be this much better!

17. Sabrina Vick says:

Parks and Recreation sucks, it is not funny. There is something wrong with you people

• AlyB says:

Or maybe there’s something wrong with you? Look, comedy is subjective. It’s fine if you don’t like Parks & Rec, but that doesn’t mean it sucks and doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with those of us who appreciate it.

• wi says:

if there is something wrong with me for loving parks&rec, they should make a drug that infects others as well :)

18. Martin says:

Did anyone see the ratings, won’t be long i think before they move one of their new comedies to Thursday, maybe Go On and put it at 9 if it continues to hold up.

I mean the only one of their Thursday comedies that has a chance of coming back in 2013/2014 is Parks and Recreation, The Office and 30 Rock already announced these as each of their last seasons and with numbers like that for a premiere no less, Up All Night can’t be further behind.

19. DESSY says:

so what’s funny if parks and recreation isn’t……. GLEE??
    >XD

20. L. says:

yeah I worried about Will too. He looks really skinny, I hope he’s feeling just fine!!!
    I’m still in denial about his divorce

21. Amy says:

Parks and Recreation was awesome as usual. “Twinkle, twinkle Big Star.” The Office was ok. I am not sure I like the direction they are taking Jim and Pam though I think they will end up happily in Philly returning to normal society after becoming crazy in the Dunder-Mifflin vacuum.

22. Britt says:

This information is worth everyone’s attention. When can I find out more?