Glee Recap: Britney, Baby, One More Time

Get More: Glee, Recaps

glee rachel oopsJust because Glee dipped into the Britney Spears songbook for the second time in its four-season history doesn’t mean Fox’s (partial) high school musical is out of fresh ideas. (SPOILERS ahead, so stop reading if you haven’t seen this week’s episode.)

Indeed, “Britney 2.0″ found Rachel channeling her inner sex kitten (while still finding time to whip up an oversized serving of foot-in-mouth stew), Brittany grappling with loneliness (and her catastrophic academic record), and Mr. Schuester huffing and puffing that New Directions might come under fire from the National Show Choir Board of Review. (Insert eye roll here.)

Okay, okay, so Schue’s persnickety brand of self-righteousness is familiar territory, but two out of three’s not too shabby, right?

Anyhow, if you were too busy hanging with Lord Tubbington and his new gang, here’s what you missed on Glee.

* Sue ousted Brittany from the Cheerios because of her pitiful grades (apparently drawing a “crayonscape” of Happyville, the town where math was never invented, wasn’t the right way to go on her algebra test). The subsequent ban on her rocking a high pony, along with a lack of attention from college-set girlfriend Santana, sent Brittany into a tailspin than included binge eating, a violent assault on Jacob Ben Israel using an umbrella (he was kinda asking for it), and eventually, an unsuccessful attempt to lip sync a New Directions performance at the fall assembly. While fellow dim blonde Sam eventually offered a little understanding — and possibly a romantic rival who might draw Santana’s wrath? — and helped Brittany recover from “rock bottom,” the girl who can’t tell the difference between George Washington and Glenn Close (a truly amazing sight gag) ended the episode with a case of melancholy, staring glumly aT an instant-message program that found Santana “unavailable.” It was a sad end to an episode that contained dozens of Brittany-centric laughs, not the least of which was “Kiki,” the smart older cousin of Siri that lived inside the super-cheap phone Brit found at the laundromat. (Here’s hoping Kiki becomes a recurring presence in Brittany’s life throughout the season, yes?) (Also priceless: Sam’s map with the misspelled message “meet me hear.” I know Brittana fans don’t want to hear it, but from an intellectual perspective, Sam and Brittany were kinda made for each other, no?)

* Cassandra July continued to torment Rachel in Dance 101, calling her “awkward and tentative” in her body. This prompted our plucky heroine to enlist new crush Brody and some of her classmates to put on a piping-hot performance of “Oops!…I Did It Again.” When the wretched dance instructor responded by telling Rachel she was best-qualified for roles like Maria von Trapp, Willy Loman and Shrek, Rachel exploded, telling Ms. July that she’s nasty to her students because “we’re the future, and you’re just some YouTube joke!” (“Crazy July” it seems, fell from Broadway grace a decade ago after attacking a cellphone user in the middle of a performance. We won’t quibble that YouTube didn’t launch till 2005.) Due to school policy, Rachel was allowed to return to Dance 101, but was forced to hand-wash the class’s dance belts as punishment. (As if!) And so the torment will continue?

* On a personal front, Rachel went and painted the exposed brick wall of hers and Kurt’s $1,800-a-month apartment in Bushwick, with a giant heart and the name Finn. (I hate to see what her landlord will charge her for that act of “redecorating.”) But by episode’s end, she’d painted over the romantic installation, possibly because the persistent Brody had shown up at her dance class, and then at her apartment bearing gifts of orchids and promises that he’d always be thinking about kissing her. The real question, though, is whether there was foreshadowing in Cassie’s passing comment about Brody’s continued interest in “ingénues.” If this isn’t the dude’s first time trolling the freshman dorms for naive love interests, one has to wonder about his intentions, no? Still, I applaud the Glee writing staff for at least temporarily ignoring the brickbat-wielding mobs chanting “Finchel!” and exploring the realistic story of a young woman exploring her options in a new city and a new life — even if she ends up making bad mistakes along the way. One burning question though: Would Kurt so readily make himself scarce to give Rachel and Brody their space, when it might lead to his BFF breaking his stepbrother’s heart? It’s possible, but I’d have liked a little more clarity on the matter.

* Meanwhile, back at McKinley, Marley continued making googly eyes at Jake, he invited her to hang out by the bleachers, and she said “heck yeah” despite his rep as a womanizer. A kiss almost happened, but Marley dodged it at the last second, opting to let Jake chivalrously loan her his jacket to ward off an autumn chill. Mr. Schue then brought Jake’s estranged half-brother, Noah, all the way from California for what amounted to a 60-second pep talk in the McKinley choir room with a basic message of “join glee club; it’ll change your life.” (Wait, so these guys meet for the very first time, and all they discuss is whether or not to join New Directions?) Noah did have “a date with a chick who was third runner-up on The Bachelor,” though, so I guess you can’t blame him for not sticking around. Still, who paid for that plane ticket? The episode closed with Jake agreeing to attend practice in the choir room, Marley thinking it might be a sign of a brewing romance, and then Kitty revealing that, nope, it was too late: She’s Jake’s new girlfriend. Love triangle instated!

And now, let’s get to grading this week’s musical performances:

* Brittany and the Cheerios, “Hold It Against Me” | B- (might’ve been an A- had it not been for the aggressively fast editing that made it impossible to appreciate the actual choreography)

* Blaine and Artie, “Boys”/”Boyfriend” | B

* Unique and Tina, “Womanizer” | B+

* Sam, Tina and Joe, “3″ | C (this just felt like a time-filler with no connection to the episode; also, I really think this might be Britney’s worst single ever)

* Marley and Jake, “(You Drive Me) Crazy”/”Crazy” | A- (clever, clever mashup)

* Rachel, “Oops!…I Did It Again” | A- (Anyone think for a moment that Rachel might throw in the rap from Paula Abdul’s “Cold Hearted”? A recapper can dream.)

* Brittany and New Directions, “Gimme More” | N/A (We do not grade lip synced performances, lest we come under scrutiny of the National TV Recappers Board of Review)

* Marley, “Everytime” | B

And with that, let me turn things over to you: What did you think of “Britney 2.0″? What was your favorite musical number? Take our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Tags: ,

Comments (264)

• am i the only one who is rooting for brody?

Comment by Katie – September 20, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope I am rooting for him too. I think he is good for Rachel.

Comment by Amy – September 20, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i’m rooting for him too!!! He seems really nice and I’m curious to get to know his backstory!! Go Brochel!!

Comment by Jen – September 21, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he is a creepy stalker but hey to each his own.

Comment by Debra – September 20, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, he comes off as creepy.

Comment by nel – September 20, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Stalker! Shows up at her apartment unexpected. Shows up at her dance class unexpected. And from what Cassandra says, he does this often. He “likes the young ingenues.”

Comment by Holly – September 20, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He didn’t show up at the dance class unexpected – Rachel asked him to dance with her during her “show Cassie I can be sexy” number. He said he wouldn’t at first because Cassie hates that but then decided he would do it just to annoy her (and score some points with Rachel).

I’m not quite getting why he’s so into Rachel already (it’s not like she’s all that and he could surely do better) but I do like him more than MIA Finn.

Comment by Tess – September 20, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, he did. Later on during the final performance by Marley, when it was showing scenes with Rachel doing the tango, he was standing outside her classroom watching.

Comment by Ashleytv – September 20, 2012 08:17 PM PDT
          • @ Ashelytv

I know right….I mean yeah i understand new love interests and what not but he comes off as a stalker when he has that weird smile on his face.

Doesn’t he have classes…friends…something else to do than show up a girl’s class and stare at her

Comment by Sasha – September 21, 2012 08:03 AM PDT
      • He seemed really weird and pushed way too hard. Creepy guy is creepy!

Comment by Bryn – September 20, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And Finn was a cheating pin head. We all have our flaws, Debra.

Comment by Candy – September 20, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are we watching the same show? When did Finn ever cheat on Rachel?

Comment by Debra – September 20, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Are we reading the same comment? I never said he cheated on Rachel.

Comment by Candy – September 20, 2012 07:46 PM PDT
        • You tell ‘em Candy!

Comment by Sarah – September 20, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree that brody is creepy, and that coment of Cassie`s mm… I want Rachel happy and for that she needs Finn so…. I want Finn back now

Comment by vrn – September 21, 2012 07:35 AM PDT
        • And Rachel’s an abusive bitch. Except that’s not a flaw. That’s something that makes her a horrible person who doesn’t deserves people in her life.

Comment by Erin – September 21, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • wow I think you´re watching the wrong show if you think in that way omg

Comment by vrn – September 21, 2012 07:50 AM PDT
        • if we’re being anal about things, who in glee has not been a cheater? both rachel and finn have done things that can be considered cheating. on the other hand, the discussion was about this brody guy being a creep, and I agree, he did behave like a creep. and finn has and never will be a creep, because his intentions with rachel will always be pure. this new guy? i doubt it.

Comment by jaz – September 21, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I thought he was creepy, too. And I think his sudden interest in Rachel is completely unrealistic.

It doesn’t help that Dean Geyer is a weak actor.

Comment by Jenna – September 21, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yea i’m with this side. And I agree about the Kurt thing! Why would he want Rachel get a new guy? I’d think his loyalties would lie with Finn

Comment by Jess – September 21, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. I’m right there with you. Gotta give the newbies a chance, and I’m loving them (with the exception of Kitty. No thanks).

Comment by Melissa – September 20, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow great to know you have no respect for Rachel just like Brody. Trying to kiss a girl who has told you that she has a boyfriend in the army who she still loves and won’t turn her back on? Telling her one minute that you won’t try to cross her boundaries but then the next saying you’ll be thinking about kissing her whenever you’re together? You’re rooting for that? You have excellent taste. You probably enjoy getting stalked, too, huh?

Comment by Lilly – September 20, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You should probably relax. It’s someone that you do not know’s opinion on the fictional relationships of fictional characters. They’re not arranging your marriage.

Comment by Megan – September 20, 2012 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “You should probably relax.” if only we could sit down every Finchel shipper and have them listen to that piece of advice.

Comment by Jay – September 21, 2012 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It concerns me when people get so invested in fictional characters. Almost like you think they are real people.

Comment by Melanie – September 21, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Glee isn’t a reality show?!

Comment by Jacob @Alphabad – September 21, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Um, except that does happen in real life. In the army, Brody is considered a Jody. Ever heard of a Dear John letter? I know they’re not real but the audience being influenced is real.

Comment by International Reject – September 21, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you. I think he needs to step back and allow her time to get over Finn before trying to take Finn’s place in her heart. I just wonder if he will turn out to be controlling and abusive. You never know with these guys. They can seem all sweet and wonderful at first, but then the real truth comes out. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens with this.

Comment by Kay – September 21, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gosh, chill out! This is a freakin’ tv show. Why do people like you have to take comments to an exagerrated (low) level.

Comment by Jo March – September 23, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Brody. I mean I loved Finchel, but I’m willing to givw Brody his fair shake.

Comment by Candy – September 20, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t say I’m rooting for him, but I’m not opposed to him.

Comment by Different Amy – September 20, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You like Brody, fine. I’m sure you’re not the only one. But I miss Finn like crazy.

Comment by Bobbie – September 20, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO! Rachel needs to forget Finn immediately!

Comment by LC – September 20, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope. I am too. There comes a time where Finchel is in fact, not the be all, end all. I much prefer their dynamic anyways. Finchel fans can be so agressive sometimes.

Comment by Kristy – September 20, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, not at all, KAtie! Same here. He is way more mature, more talented, a much better fit in a lot more ways than Finn. Brachel for the win! Brachel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Brachel4TheWin! – September 20, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Brochel or Brachel hmmm. Both work. And god, Finchel, definitely not looking forward to them pining over each other and pulling and twisting ugh, ready for Rachel to be in a mature relationship already.

Comment by Jay – September 21, 2012 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m totally shipping Rachel/Brody not even sorry.

Comment by Katy – September 20, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Rachel and Finn but I really like her with Brody too. Lea Michele is great at eliciting chemistry with people.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – September 20, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • absolutely ;-) . Brochel is cute and it’s a nice change. We can have Finchel later anyway

Comment by LilAngel – September 21, 2012 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • but why we cant watch Rachel single for a while? i think is better, watching Rachel alone and growing up like Lea said… not jumping on another relationship with a guy who is just…weird…. I want to see Rachel alone with kurt please.

Comment by vrn – September 21, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • unfortunately, despite lea michele’s ability to have chemistry even with inanimate objects, she could not elicit an iota of spark between rachel and this brody guy in their scenes; i guess we know where shortcomings may lie; just saying

Comment by caryle – September 21, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too

Comment by Ida – September 20, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All I know is that I had a feeling Glee is going to end after season 4, like ugly betty did. But I will keep on watching until the show gets canceled..
      Here is something to whine about.. Marley seems to be the female lead now and she doesnt have lea’s chrisma or diana’s prettiness or santana’s hotness n bitchness,. and jake seemed to be the male lead…while he doesn’t have Cory’s innocence or Mark’s bad assness or Darren’s coolness m Chris’ uniqueness… dont like that!!!!! why cant they all graduate together last season and then all start a small production company in new york while keeping interning for vogue/studying in imaginary school/and go to acting school /pool clean(there’s pools in manhattan, right?right?lol)…..

Comment by Para – September 20, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GO BRODY!!!

Comment by Kris – September 20, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not at all…rachel and brody look good together and I’m looking forward to their duet next week

Comment by Lucy – September 20, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I prefer rachel and finn; they look good together; and can’t wait for their reunion, because there will be a reunion, and it will be epic; finchel forever

Comment by sharon – September 21, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ^^dumb obsessive fangirls and their little “finchel forever” comments. What a lovely fanbase.

Comment by Sushi – September 21, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like him, he seems nice. And him and Rachel could be really hot, can’t wait for their number next week.

Comment by Alex – September 20, 2012 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hate brody. Comes off really bad, after knowing how she feels about Finn and saying/doing what he did, yeah he’s a real nice guy lol. I’m all for giving the new guys a chance but after two episodes he is the only new character that I’m not liking at all. Not just the obvious reason that he’s just a pointless finchel stall, but because his acting skills aren’t to par with lea or any of the newbies for that matter. Abs don’t get you everywhere!!!

Comment by Danni – September 21, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Um, Finn kissed Quinn even though he knew she was with Sam and didn’t care at all so Finn fans calling Brody a jerk for trying to kiss Rachel is hilarious. Just, wow. The only people on this show who haven’t kissed others while in a relationship or while they were in a relationship are Blaine and Kurt (and Artie), nobody else is innocent.

Comment by Jay – September 21, 2012 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Actually, in the Super Bowl Episode Quinn kissed FINN in the hallway, when she was dating Sam. As Rachel told her in Rumours, Quinn is a “cheating cheater who cheats.”

After that, they BOTH were wrong, but the first kiss was definitely Quinn instigating it while she was still dating.

Comment by Julie – September 21, 2012 08:57 AM PDT
        • so what? In real life, people try to kiss when they want to kiss. It’s the person who is in a relationship who must stop de the kiss and that’s what Rachel did.

Comment by LilAngel – September 21, 2012 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like him too and might be a great rebound for Rachel but we all know somehow someway Rachel and Finn will get back together.

Comment by Lindsey – September 21, 2012 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like Brody and I really don’t see a longterm future for him on the show. He has nothing going for him but a creepy obsession with Rachel.

Comment by Mike – September 21, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. Brody’s hot.

Comment by Lauren – September 21, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and just because Brody is hot he and Rachel should be together? wow I hope he is not a serial killer because we dont know nothing about him so…. but you know, he is hot so is a good man for Rachel for sure… lol no.

Comment by vrn – September 21, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brachel all the way. :D

Comment by jari – September 21, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like Brody! To me, Finn always seemed insecure and would bring out Rachel’s insecurities. With just two episodes, I think Brody has given her this new confidence. Attention from a VERY attractive upperclassmen who has been in her shoes and encourages her to get out of her comfort zone can do a girl some good. I think she should say goodbye to Finn- at least for now if not permanently.

Comment by Randi – September 21, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, you are; finchel forever

Comment by mary poppins – September 21, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No ur not! :) Me too! Finn MUST GO.

Comment by Gabriel – September 22, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 3 was, hands down, the best performance of the night.

Also can Brody step back? He’s reaching stalker status plus trying to kiss a girl you KNOW is still in love with her boyfriend, who is vulnerable and lonely without him, is you being a douchebag. That’s not honorable at all, Dean Geyer. Add in the fact that he tells her one second he won’t try to cross her boundaries but then tells her every time they spend time together he’ll be thinking about kissing her? Yeah way to shatter those boundaries.

Can’t wait to see what Cassandra meant when she hinted at this not being Brody’s first time trying to get with a “young ingenue”. I knew the guy was slimy.

Comment by Lilly – September 20, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also Alex’s gotta go!!!!! I’m Not offended by a guy plays a guy who dress like a cafeteria lady, he’s just too green you know…. like he’s trying wayyyyyy too hard,looking at him doesnt feel like looking at a character like Rachel or Kurt or Blaine, it’s like looking at Alex being Alex and it is really not plausible….., He’s very stiff and very….. still that word.. green……

P.S Glee season 2′s tribute or gueststar(and of course the music) fits so well with the storyline,(for example the rummors episode(still my second favorite right behind the promo episode) )
      I hope in the future the music would serve better with the story, afterall we not just tuning in to see their cover songs(which is brilliant btw), we are tuning in to see love, dreams, and heartbreaks…

Comment by Para – September 20, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought ’3′ was great as well. I’m surprised the recapper gave it a ‘C’. Lyrically the song is quite terrible (Peter, Paul, and Mary, really?) and it was a bit incongruous to have those three characters singing a song about a threesome, but the arrangement and the vocals were fantastic.

Comment by Alice – September 21, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Alice, I completely agree. The arrangement and vocals were gorgeous on 3. The song itself isn’t the best, but they really elevated the material.

Comment by the girl – September 21, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At this point I already suspend reason about on how they chose song on Glee. Having said that I suspended the logic part on “how does this lyrics fit into the storyline” and just listened to what I consider the best song in the episode.

Comment by Kay – September 22, 2012 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved 3 and Drive you crazy. i gotta say that Brody came off pretty creepy tonight. I hope he has a history of preying on the young freshman b/c that would be way more interesting than his blande character now. #watchoutRachel

Comment by Holly – September 20, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I think that was what Cassandra was insinuating. Becuase that would be interesting…

Comment by Haley – September 20, 2012 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree. It would be something new and a little unexpected. I am all for it.

Comment by murley – September 21, 2012 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about none of the above? So bored through all this episode.

Comment by Erin – September 20, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just fastforwarded through it after falling asleep during its airing. Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by NoBritanyplease – September 20, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same.

Comment by Eli – September 20, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too.
      the premiere was good and i was really hoping for the season, then i saw this and instantly knew nothing has changed.

Comment by Polly – September 21, 2012 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same

Comment by Lucy – September 21, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best parts of the show now take place in NYC. Rachel, Kurt, Cassie July, Brody, and now SJP working at Vogue, with Finn to reappear after a few more episodes – more of this location please!

Comment by Amy – September 20, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Brittany and Blaine and Sam but I can’t take Puckleberry 2.0 being pushed as the new Finchel and it’s gonna be even less fun when Finn 2.0 enters the picture ugh ugh would rather be watching a show all about NY tbh.

Comment by Alex – September 20, 2012 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. Looking back on this episode I was like “well that was pretty lame. Oh, except for those parts in New York, they were good!” And when Kitty walks all up and is like “I’m Jake’s boyfriend” I could have sworn I was having season 1 flashbacks.

Comment by Haley – September 20, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I have never seen Season 1, but having heard so much about it, as soon as Kitty announced the relationship it reminded me of the Rachel-Puck-Quinn-Finn love square. They may think they are setting up something totally different because its a Marley-Jacob-Kitty triangle, but there are so many similar elements.

Comment by the girl – September 21, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I’m liking the New York storyline more. The high school seems so empty and missing something. I want more.

Comment by JAO – September 21, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. NY C is so interesting and fresh. I wish there was more time there with more supporting/recurring characters. Things at McKinley are so boring now. The new kids aren’t interesting to me like others, and the ones left from the original New Directions are the most boring.

Too bad they could just make 2 30 minute shows — one original Glee, the other Rachel, Kurt, and (eventually) Finn in NYC. That would have been good. Then I could skip having to watch the rest of it.

Comment by Julie – September 21, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Give it time. We’ve only seen 2 episodes so far. I thought the first episode was really good. The second episode not as good but still entertaining. They (newbies) just haven’t been on the show long enough to hit their stride yet. Let’s be patient and give them time to develop the characters. I’m looking forward to episode 3 where Kurt starts his job at vogue.com and we get introduced to Isabelle (Sarah Jessica Parker), and whatever the McKinley kids are up to. Then, of course, episode 4 “The Break Up” is coming too so that will be an emotional one for me. But I will continue to be a faithful viewer and hope that we get happy endings to all the couple drama eventually.

Comment by Kay – September 21, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA. I basically just watch for the NY parts. Looking forward to next episode with SJP and Kurt.

Comment by Kay – September 22, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was completely in love with Marley and Jake last episode, but the bleachers scene was some of the worst acting in recent television history! I didn’t even cringe that hard while watching The Glee Project!

Comment by Patrick – September 20, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. The dialogue was awful and the line-reading (especially the pacing) was awful. That’s part of the reason why I find the NYC scenes so much more compelling. The abilities of the “NYC” cast is far greater than that of the “Lima” folks.

Comment by Different Amy – September 20, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more. I really loved both characters in the last episode, but watching that scene was so painful. I was embarrassed for both of them. It’s seems like both of their acting skills took a nose dive in this episode.

Comment by Abby – September 20, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Marley and Jake and their song but my fave number was 3. Love Tina getting solos!

Other than that, I really miss Finn and I was happy to see a little bit of Santana.

I want Finn back soon!!!!

Comment by nel – September 20, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked Artie and Blaine’s duet (Boys/Boyfriend) I thought they did a really good job with that. All the way through it, though, I kept remembering how Darren Criss hurt his toe when Kevin ran over it with the wheelchair when they were rehearsing this song.

Comment by Kay – September 21, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode sucked hard. I was SO bored the entire time. Love how New Directions basically has no story but just sings. Yawn. More interested in NYC this episode. And um.. that Marley girl has terrible eye control problems. Like… looking up and down too much. Her voice was good last week, but Everytime was SO terrible this week. WTF?

Comment by Jess – September 20, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the New York part was dull even though I’m a big Lea fan. I don’t know, it was just so depressing.

Comment by Severine – September 20, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totall y agree. This episode was weak. Boring.

Comment by Pepper – September 20, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I did not enjoy this episode. It was not as funny as promised, the acting was forced and the music was just ok. While I like the Rachel and Cassie July interaction, I’m surprised at how flat the NY scenes are. Maybe it will get better once Kurt’s storyline kicks in and Finn returns. (I agree with the reviewer that I found it very off putting that Kurt would leave Rachel alone with Brody, and please can Kurt stop being Rachel’s wise sage advisor and get back to S1 snarky sweet funny Kurt?). Mostly though I’m waiting for Finn to return because Glee just isn’t Glee without him.

Comment by JR – September 21, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DIE BRODY DIE CREEPY STALKER UGGHHHHHHHH SO CREEPY RUINS EVERYTHING DIE

Comment by Finchel extremist – September 20, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Jake and Marley and Lord Tubbington and thought the Blartie duet was cute! Brody seems a little strange to me now…..I hope they make him Rachel Berry’s first stalker! LOL I kinda missed Finn tonight….

Comment by Gabe – September 20, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Finn. I miss Cory Monteith’s face on Glee.

Comment by Cass – September 20, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a Finchel fan but I want to say this before the um…more enthusiastic ones…chime in.

I happen to like Brody very much (he’s HAWT!!) and it’s mainly because while I do think Finn/Rachel are endgame, it’s more realistic to see them apart right now. I personally know high school sweethearts that broke up in college, dated other people (whom they honestly loved), and ultimately found their way back together. They got married two years ago when they were really ready AND they both admit the time apart made them appreciate each other & their love more. I think people need to chill out & give Rachel/Brody a chance. No one’s saying they’re forever but it’s not the apocalypse!!

Comment by Jay – September 20, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the IDEA of Brody and another love interest for Rachel. It’s just that the actor playing Brody is not very interesting. Sure, he looks cute and has a great body, but something is lacking. The je ne sais quoi…he doesn’t have the spark to me, he’s dull.

Comment by kat – September 20, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Dean just isn’t a very good actor.

Comment by Tina – September 20, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is very clear at this point that Dean can’t keep up with Lea. Sorry that she has to prop him up.

Comment by Xavier – September 20, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but why cant Finn have a love interest? why is always rachel? ugh i hate this

Comment by vrn – September 21, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heather Morris for the win tonight. She killed it so hard tonight. Just a fantastic, hilarious job by her. From her one-liners, to her scenes with Santana, Sam and Sue(pretty much anyone with an “S” name) were just wonderfully done. I think it’ll be interesting to see what happens between her and Santana. How they weave Santana in, how they weave all the other graduating seniors not named Rachel or Kurt will be interesting.
    - I’m not really in love with Jake at all. I think Marley is sweet but she’s not Rachel because we still have Rachel on the show. Kitty is a horrible Quinn/Santana Season 1 mix. Really super stereotypical cheerleader. And the fact that Jake is now dating Kitty is absurd? Where did that come from? But other than that a decent job, and again Heather Morris blew it out the water.

Comment by 23S – September 20, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • were we watching the same show? i thought heather morris was awful. she’s good in a very limited capacity, but devoting an entire episode to her character was a very poor decision.

Comment by courtney – September 21, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow. I rarely disagree so emphatically but Heather Morris’s talents lie in dance, not acting. She is a mediocre actress at best and last night’s episode did not show her at her best. She is at her best when there are random hysterically funny one-liners that are non-sequitors. But she cannot carry an entire scene let alone an entire episode. Producers should keep her doing what she does best, dance and deliver the occasional deadpan one-liner.

Comment by chistosa – September 21, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I absolutely and totally and formidablely agree!!!! I like Britanny in small doses-one liners as you’ve said. Heather Morris is a dancer trying to be the best at acting as she can. Ryan Murphy really likes her so he gives her this kind of opportunity. But when they do each scene falls flat. She mumbles so. She is the last character I see in a scene. I hope with the brouhaha over Spears and her management being livid that Glee took liberties with its content of the episode to mimic Spears during her low times and her troubles, will make Glee stay away from silly stuff and not copy some celebrity’s troubles and be inventive and original with their content. This is something they haven’t done for a long while. Being their own creative source and bring new and honest ideas to an episode. As of now they are renewing other characters with different backgrounds and names but still the same rehash of storylines and scenarios. To redo a Britany episode was a wash to me and absolutely deadpan. The humor was pointless because it was to mimic Spears. Glee isn’t Glee anymore as with this episode. The premiere was really good.

Comment by Aren – September 23, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like the character of Brittany and I think Heather did a pretty good job. I mean, I think it gets a little old playing dumb and there’s only so much you can do with that.

About what was said in the recap though: I agree, I kind of like the Sam and Brittany thing. I thought Brittana was cute for a bit, but I always thought Santana was way too smart for her. Also, I just want to see Santana with someone else.

Comment by HAS – September 21, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s just take a moment and realize that Kevin McHale and Darren Criss are adorable!
    I LOVED 3! It was seriously AMAZING, the mashup was perfect (Jacob Artist’s voice. oh my gosh, i just love him.), Oops! I did it Again proves Lea Michele can sing ANYTHING and it sounds fantastic. I love Britney Spears, Lea’s version was just a billion times better! Heather Morris’s numbers were good, Womanizer was cute, and Everytime was pretty.
    I am so happy Glee is back. This season is looking like their best yet.
    Finchel Forever, but I am definitely not opposed to Brody. Definitely curious to see how it all goes.

Comment by Kelly – September 20, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH! I completely forgot how AMAZING and AWESOME and STUPENDOUS it was to see Mark Salling!! Noah Puckerman!! yay!!!

Comment by Kelly – September 20, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “3″ was my favorite performance with “Drives me Crazy/Crazy” being a close second. I really like the Sam/Brittany friendship. For the sake of some militant Brittanna shippers (and for Chord’s sake), I hope it NEVER evolves into anything more.

Comment by 1,2,3.... – September 20, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a Brittana fan, but I kind of hope it does! I want Santana to find another girl. It would be fun to see and I think Brittany is cute, but they’re writing her too dumb, especially for someone like Santana.

Comment by HAS – September 21, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love they planted the see that Brody might be stalkerish! LOL Watch out Rachel someone is always following you!

Comment by Tina – September 20, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was the best episode I’ve seen in a while, in my opinion. Britney’s entire story and one-liners had me cracking up. And the music was pretty great. Alex needs to go though.

Comment by brandon – September 20, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finn sucked, he broke up with her when he could have went with her. rachael deserves someone thats just as hot as her.finnchel is dead.

Comment by Bender – September 20, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If he didn’t break up with her, Rachel would have stubbornly deferred going to NYADA. And if he had followed her to NYC without having a place there, their relationship wouldn’t have sustained and it would have ended badly. He actually did the right thing. Now, he just has to work harder to find his place in the world. And as Finn said, if Finn and Rachel are meant to be, they will get back again, wherever they may be.

Comment by Kath – September 20, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • your comment only shows how immature you are and still lacks the deeper understanding of what real love is. if you cannot recognize the purity of finn’s love to rachel by what he did, then there’s nothing more to say except that i’m sorry for you and whoever you choose to fall in love with. there’s a lot to be learned about love from finchel that you choose to ignore because you let your prejudice and bias prevail.

Comment by charlie – September 21, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • wow you put alot of thought into that. real love is sticking with someone through thick and thin and not running away. why am I immature? I call you immature. ive been married for 10 wonderful years. next time ask you immature high school educated elephant dung.

Comment by Bender – September 21, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching this episode just makes me miss the ‘old’ cast singing together in the choir room. Britney (s2) > Britney (s3).

I miss Santana’s dirty/mean comments, Finn’s constipated look, Quinn’s crazy, Puck’s mohawk, Mercedes voice and sassiness, Mike’s dancing. Sigh.

I know all of them will be back sometime during the season – I just miss what they were.

Comment by Sarah – September 20, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not as bad as S2 Night of Neglect but close.

Comment by JR – September 20, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not getting the stalker vibe at all but maybe. I like Brody. He is way sexayyy.

Comment by Jodee – September 20, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love who everyone who likes brody is just because he is sexy… wow

Comment by vrn – September 21, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it sucked bad. I don’t like Britany Spears anyway so the music was a total loss to me. None of the performances were any good. The editing was choppy and flitting around. I usually at least say the music was good. Heather can really dance. Puck almost beating up a police horse was “the” funny line in the whole episode. Thank you Puck. I’m sorry there is nothing positive to say about it. This was about as bad as season 2 Britany

Comment by Aren – September 20, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brody is the Creepiest thing on glee. Go away. And Finchelforever

Comment by Angel – September 20, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best part of this episode was Brittany and the dullest part was Rachel in NY. This is a sad statement coming from me, because I’m a great Lea fan and not really much of Heather Morris’s in the past.

Comment by Kath – September 20, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Rachel and Hummelberry but to me both McKinley and NY were dull. I know there are alot of Britanny fans and glad she got featured here, but this was crap.

Comment by Pepper – September 20, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rachel can get with Brody. It’s ok girl, I understand. BUT BRING BACK MY FINN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I cannot go another episode without Finn. I miss Cory’s presence sooo much.

Comment by Lisse – September 20, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really liked the episode. Not nearly as good as last week but that was probably my favourite episode of Glee ever so it was a tough act to follow. I feel like this was their do-over. They got to prove that they can do a Britney tribute episode right and they did. The first 15 minutes I was a little “meh” the first three of four musical numbers felt very wedged in but after the bleachers scene between Marley/Jake it really turned around for me. I thought the Brittany meltdown was hilarious and really cleverly done and I love all the NYC scenes. The episode moved the story forward and wasn’t just a collection of Britney songs which was great. I really like the idea of Brittany/Sam too.
    I’m not crazy about the song selection, I feel like with the exception of Everytime, Crazy and Opps I Did it Again, it was most of her worst and more forgettable songs. I know her songbook isn’t legendary but I feel like she had some good hits they could have worked in better. Marley could have easily sang “Criminal” to Jake over “Womanizer”, the episode could have started with Brittany singing “Circus”, Rachel could have sang “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman”, “From the Bottom of My Broken Heart” “Radar” “Shattered Glass” all would have been better songs.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – September 20, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how everyone is saying “3″ was their favourite performance (mine was Rachel’s Oops, I Did it Again and Blartie’s duet) but didn’t anyone else find it incredibly weird and terribly written to have Joe part of the “3″ song? His character would never sing a song about a threesome! He could barely get through singing a love song to a lesbian last season. Did they just forget he’s this uber christian, then realize their mistake and make him spout some “God Loves You” at the end of the episode? Terribly written, writers!

Comment by ashleytv – September 20, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t say that was “terrible” writing. People really throw that word around when it comes to Glee and writing. If there’s even the smallest error in continuity it’s TERRIBLE WRITING JERKS. I think its clear they haven’t given up on his Christian beliefs. It’s possible he wasn’t aware what the song is about and even if he was, Christians like sex too. He’s not a super conservative Christian. I’m sure he’s still into having sex, that’s not against the bible. The reason he was apprehensive about singing to lesbians was because a lot of Christians believe homosexuality is wrong (even though Jesus says nothing of it in the bible). There are plenty of Christians, even devout Christians who freely believe in sex for pleasure and not just procreation. The bible doesn’t say anything about threesomes.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – September 20, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL “The Bible doesn’t say anything about threesomes.” Are you paraphasing the God Squad when they said, “The Bible doesn’t say anything about homosexuality”? I’m Christian and most Christians have sex for pleasure. We just feel guilty about it afterward. HaHa

Comment by Hypocrit – September 22, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Brody and Rachel but I don’t trust him I think he might just be playing Rachel but I wanna see more. I really liked this last 2 episodes it’s fun to watch again last season I recorded the episodes and watched when I had time u’m living the season so far

Comment by Patricia – September 20, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t a fan of any of the songs. Season four feels like season two already. Weak.

Comment by Esaul – September 20, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I thought 3 was the weakest performance. Now I’m not a Britney Fan so this episode all in all was “meh” to me when it came to musical numbers in the first place, but the lyric change they had to do to make 3 acceptable for Glee (even if it was just one word) made the song sound so weird to me, and it didn’t fit at all.

Comment by jake – September 20, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINCHEL FOREVER

Comment by Kaitlyn – September 20, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a great epsiode and I found the NY scenes pretty dull and once again Dean proved his acting skills are lacking, but yay to creepy Brody.

Comment by Xavier – September 20, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simply as a piece of music, “3″ was by far and away my favorite song. But I found the music in the episode overall boring because almost all the songs were just stuck in there for the sake of doing performance tribute numbers. They didn’t relate to what was happening with the people. I won’t think back on any of the music from this episode as things that told a strong story. Disappointing.

Comment by Flo – September 20, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll take Lea’s singing anytime over anyone else’s, but my word that episode was DULL. I was so looking forward to the NYC scenes this season, but they’re really falling flat so far. This new guy has all the acting skill and charisma of a piece of cardboard, and Lea’s trying to prop him up, but it isn’t working. And the new kids at McKinley are like “Glee meets Disney Channel.” So sickly sweet and uninteresting. Just get Finn and Santana to that Brooklyn loft that Rachel and Kurt are currently sharing and then maybe we can get this party started. This episode might rank even lower than the first Britney one, and that one ranks pretty darn low.

Comment by Nikki – September 20, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brody sucks. Simply like that.

Comment by Marie – September 20, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else get a Joey potter vibe from marley in tonight’s episode?

Comment by Nina – September 20, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I love this season so far. And I could listen to Jacob Artist sing for every second for the rest of my life and never get sick of his voice. And he ain’t bad to look at either.
    But when Rachel sings, it’s still so stunning and shows how far beyond anyone else she is on the show. Her voice is just…there’s nothing more beautiful.

Comment by Ruby – September 20, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As an episode overall, I found it really dull and boring. The only parts that I liked in the episode is Jake, Marley and yay Puck! Other than that, I was bored to tears throughout the episode and it doesnt help the fact that this Brody character is a creepy creeper. In the first episode, I found Brody to be bland, and now after watching this second episode, I just find him straight up creepy. I’m so glad that Finn will be coming back in next week’s episode because now the story will really begin because there was just “something” missing altogether from these two first episodes. It was also good to see Santana too, even if it was briefly.

Comment by Bee – September 20, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how all the comments about Brody being creepy/stalkerish are all Finchel/Finn stans. You’re all LAUGHABLE!! lol

Comment by L – September 20, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can you really say that all the comments about Brody were from Finchel/Finn stans? You can read the minds of all? As a fan of the show, I think Brody was creepy but more than that he adds nothing to the show except as an obstacle for Finn and Rachel to get back together. Tonight’s episode was a total bore. I was so glad to see Puck and that brief glimpse of Santana. And eventhough I am not a Finn stan, I am looking forward to Finn’s return.

Comment by JZ – September 20, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you reading the comments at all, JZ? They’re all from Finchel and Finn stans!
        I didn’t say anything about everyone else. Please read properly.

Comment by L – September 20, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think tonight’s episode was BORING also. I don’t really care for this Brody character, he’s doing too much to please Rachel. I actually thought that I was going to like him last Thursday. And I’m not a stan for Finn eithier but would rather see Rachel with him instead.

Comment by Nia – September 20, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right??? Crazy Finn stans who have nothing better to do! I actually really like Brody and want to see more of him.

Comment by Aria – September 20, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Im a Rachel stan (not all the finchel fans are Finn stans) and i dont want to see Rachel with brody because yes, I found him weird and i dont trust him, not after that coment of Cassie…

Comment by vrn – September 21, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I`m a Rachel and Lea Michele stan and dont like Brody`s character. I get Rachel needs to grow and I`m glad she has friends in NYC but so far Brody doesnt bring anything good to her storyline. Not the actor not the character. All I see here are fangirl “he is so hot” LOL. All I want is Lea`s chance to shine and Brody`s character and the actor are no par for her. Sorry but he`s boring.

Comment by mary – September 21, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so why are you here posting comments if you have better things to do? at least Finn and Rachel fans don’t hide the fact that they are passionate about Finchel and are willing to spend time to show that passion in every which way. Finchel Forever

Comment by idina – September 21, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brody was totally creepy. I happen to hate Finn. These two episodes without him have been awesome. I only really miss Santana, because without her choir room feels really Disney Channel at times. The other graduates who aren’t currently on the show were great, but I feel like the show gas gone on well without them.

I’m hoping Rachel gets with Brody only to find he’s bad news. NYC scenes have helped distract from the Disney vibe.

Comment by Jacob @Alphabad – September 21, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i know compared to season premiere this episode is underwhelming but i think people are overdramatic about this is as bad as night of neglect or pot of gold. honestly this is still more enjoyable than night of neglect and pot of gold(especially with the puck/shelby storyline)

Comment by nosi – September 20, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else think that one of Britney’s conditions for doing the X-Factor was Glee doing another Britney episode? And that this was the producer’s way of thumbing their noses at her? Why else would the dedicate an entire episode to rehashing her embarrassing mental breakdown? I thought it was hilariously done though. I loved when Britney whipped out an umbrella and then her Gimme More disaster. That was seriously my favorite song of the episode, because it was so brillantly done.

Comment by Sara – September 20, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved seeing Puck!! Brody is so cute! I’m definitely excited to see more Brody/Rachel!!

Comment by Aria – September 20, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heather Morris looked like a young Anna Gunn, maybe Lord Tubbington is in the meth business these days…

Comment by sindella – September 20, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really liking the newbies..Marley, Jake, Cassie and Brody – they’ve been part of giving Glee a fresher energy this season. Finn and Rachel was soooo boring. They were kinda cute in the first season, but all they’re storylines were just predictable and they never seemed right. Actually I think a lot of the OG’s were boring and that’s why they never got big storylines (Mercedes, Puck…and so on).
    Season 4, I think, has (so far) re-energized the show and made me really like it again. Keep it up.

Comment by Liam – September 20, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m obsessed with Jacob Artist’s voice! Loved the jake and marley duet. I have to admit that I really like the newbies. Also loved the scene with rachel and Brody at the end. He was really sweet.

Comment by serena – September 20, 2012 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it me or does Cassandra July just like Abby Lee Miller but younger and skinnier?

Comment by Lindsey – September 20, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Sam dumb now? I thought the map/compas thing was him joking…but then in the scenes for next week he asks “what’s a debate”- he was never a genius but I really hope they aren’t trying to make him Brittany level stupid.

Comment by Tricia – September 20, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! It’s really annoying actually.

Comment by 1,2,3.... – September 20, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • um, sam was always portrayed as kind of a dumb blond. like when he asks puck if his head hurts after taking the test etc.

Comment by murley – September 20, 2012 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I see what you’re saying, but it wasn’t “carry a compass” dumb. He spelled “auditorium” in the note but he couldn’t spell “here”??

Comment by 1,2,3.... – September 21, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sam is dsylexic that’s why he asked if Puck’s head hurt because his does when he takes test… He is not stupid he just has a learning disability that makes it harder for him learn!

Comment by Lindsey – September 21, 2012 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • or the time he comments to artie about wishing they were as close as their girlfriends (santana and brittany) or telling joe he can be helpful but when you ask him stuff you have to be real specific. he has always been portrayed as a little dopey. i just picked one example that came to mind.

Comment by murley – September 21, 2012 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m confused, has it been established that Sam has dyslexia?

Comment by Mo – September 21, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it has been mentioned.

Comment by murley – September 21, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s possible to be both dyslexic AND coincidentally stupid.

Comment by Ricki – September 21, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to say this..but after watching the first 2 episodes of season 4 ..im becoming more interested in Rachel..Kurt and Brody in NY than any of the characters at Mckinley.

Comment by Jared – September 20, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank YOU! I’ve been thinking the same thing. The NY parts of the episodes are more interesting to me.

Comment by Jo March – September 23, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you glee for giving us the gorgeous dean geyer <3

Comment by Kris – September 20, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Brody. He is hot. I want to see more of him.

Comment by G – September 20, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post