Fall TV Preview

Fringe First Look: The Final Season Poster

For Fox’s Fringe, the beginning of the end is near — and to drive that so-sad point home, we have the key art poster touting the series’ fifth, and final, season.

PHOTOS | Fringe First Look: The Team Searches for Olivia — But Will She Be Happy to See Peter?

Premiering Friday, Sept. 28 at 9/8c, the 13-episode farewell run is set almost exclusively in the year 2036 — as was Season 4′s Episode 19, “Letters of Transit”* — as Fringe team members past and future try to solve the hairy problem that is an Earth ruled by Observers.

RELATED | Fringe Boss Teases Three-Part Series Finale — But When Will It Air?

Check out the poster here (spy the callouts to the series’ assorted “bumper” icons, like the handprint and apple?), then scroll down to read more about Season 5.

If you’re having trouble preparing to say goodbye to Peter, Olivia, Walter et al, know that showrunner Joel Wyman is, as well. Speaking with me as he prepared to break Season 5, Episode 9, he shared, “It’s getting harder and harder because you realize, ‘Wow, these are really beautiful characters and they’ve all grown so much, and what they’re going through in this last season is profound.’ You realize, ‘Wow, I love these people,’ so it’s bittersweet that way.”

You can get a bit of Season 5 scoop from Wyman here, and stay tuned for my complete Q&A as premiere day nears.

* Fox is rebroadcasting “Letters of Transit” this Saturday night at 11 pm; I for one will definitely be re-re-rewatching.

Tags: ,

Comments (26)

• Awesome! Cannot wait!!

Comment by Carrie – September 20, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool poster. Thanks for the info. :)

Comment by Kelly – September 20, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That hand has 6 fingers!

Comment by Dick Whitman – September 20, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It always had 6 fingers! Where have you been for 4 years!

Comment by 4thjet – September 20, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is a gorgeous poster.

Comment by Rob – September 20, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope they are able to bring Simon back…liked that character in “Letters” episode.

Comment by Dan Calhoun (@calhoundan) – September 20, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that would be great

Comment by anon – September 20, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope he doesn’t return. We only have 13 eps and I want those to focus on Olivia, Walter and Peter and now Etta.

Comment by Sandy – September 21, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love It! Looks like Fight Club poster!

Comment by Fox – September 20, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving your support of the show Matt, really, that’s great.

Comment by Emy – September 20, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect!!!!

Comment by Starbuck Ahab X – September 20, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this!!

Comment by Noel – September 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome.

Comment by panda – September 20, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore the poster! I am counting down the days until season 5 premieres!

Comment by Mena – September 20, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love fringe, cant wait!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ju – September 20, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • paintball!

Comment by cjeffery7 – September 20, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw some Fringe episode filming a few weeks ago and it looked pretty awesome.

Comment by KJ – September 20, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it but not what I am used to in a Fringe poster. I guess Revolution is not using Fringes signiture poster style.

Comment by ColleenS – September 20, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry I meant I guess Revolution is using Fringes signature poster style

Comment by ColleenS – September 20, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also going to have to re-watch ‘Letters of Transit’ to get ready for the new season!

Comment by Jessica – September 20, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • greatest sci-fi show of the last 10 years! Lets hope season 5 tops it off!

Comment by LUHTACHRIS – September 20, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rebels and misfits. Different but appropriate, I like!

Comment by Emily – September 20, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!! can’t wait!! I miss Olive!!!

Comment by Lorin – September 20, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not my favourite poster (that honour actually goes to season 1, closely followed by season 3) but so appriate, and I kinda love it, I feel like fringe is not going to slowly drift off into the distance, its going to be a solid thing for a long while to go

Comment by Emily – September 21, 2012 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nice!

Comment by lilu – September 21, 2012 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im going to cry. this is poster is perfect and this season is going to be too.

Comment by dee – September 22, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post