GreenArrowTV.com has learned that the Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse alum will drop by the new CW drama (bowing Oct. 10) as Tom Salvati, the right-hand man to mobster Frank Bertinelli — and The Huntress’ father (played by 24 alum Jeffrey Nordling)..
Penikett is the latest guest star in Arrow‘s quiver, which also includes Australian actress Jessica De Gouw as the aforementioned Huntress (aka Helena) and Torchwood‘s John Barrowman as the wealthy (yet generically named) Well-Dressed Man.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The Daily Show‘s Jon Stewart and The O’Reilly Factor‘s Bill O’Reilly will go head-to-head in a live, pay-per-view event to be streamed online. “The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium” will take place Oct. 6 at George Washington University; half of the event’s net profits will go to charity.
• Speaking of fake newsmen, Stephen Colbert is one of many stars who’ll fill in for Good Morning America host Robin Roberts while she’s on medical leave, The Associated Press reports. Other subs will include Modern Family cast members (a different one every day for a week) and Parks and Recreation‘s Rob Lowe, while Oprah Winfrey and newswomen Katie Couric, Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer also expected to sit in.
• Regis Philbin is headed back to daytime TV with a monthly gig on Rachael Ray, the Food Network star’s eponymous syndicated series. “I’m just a guy showing up on her show once a month,” the former Live! host tells USA Today. “It’s fun to be back on TV when you don’t have to do it every day.”
• Ed Asner (Mary Tyler Moore) and Thomas Haden Church (Wings) will guest-voice Santa Claus and a rogue elf, respectively, on the upcoming season of Cartoon Network’s newly minted Emmy winner Regular Show, which returns Monday, Oct. 1 at 8/7c.
• The Smithsonian Channel has set a Sunday, Sept. 30 premiere for The Gospel of Jesus’s Wife, a one-hour special based on the new discovery of a fourth-century codex, written in the ancient Egyptian Coptic language, that refers to the wife of Jesus.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?