The Voice Season 4 Shake-Up: Cee Lo and Christina Out, Usher and Shakira In!

The Voice Judges Season 4When those chairs swivel around this winter on The Voice, contestants will be looking at two new faces — and at least one pair of hips known to speak the truth.

R&B star Usher and Latin pop goddess Shakira will replace Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera as coaches on Cycle 4 of the NBC singing competition, scheduled to air in early 2013.

Lest you think the network is saying “Forget You” to one half of its coaching panel, NBC assures Voice fans that Aguilera’s and Green’s absences are project-related. The former is about to launch a tour in support of her new album Lotus, and the latter is working on new music and developing a sitcom based on his life for the Peacock Network.

RELATED | Simon Says NBC Pitting The Voice Against X Factor Is ‘Dirty Tricks,’ Frets Britney Will Be ‘Devastated’

The other coaches, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine, will remain through the fourth cycle; both Green and Aguilera are expected to return next fall for Cycle 5.

Might the addition of the big-name Grammy winners have something to do with the buzz created by Britney Spears’ recent addition to Fox’s Voice-similar The X Factor? Or perhaps with American Idol adding Nicky Minaj and Keith Urban to the judges’ panel? What do you think about The Voice‘s new coaches? Sound off in the comments!

Watch More TVLine Videos!

Comments (175)

• Oh wow. Usher, cool. Shakira, eh.

Comment by Kelly – September 17, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I thought!

Comment by Jill – September 17, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Usher sucks.

Comment by C'mon, that's right. – September 18, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Usher does s**k! He is an arogant b*tt and Shakira has absolutely NO singing skills!!!

Comment by M-L – October 1, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah although I’m going to miss Christina Agulara and Cello Green but I’m still going to be happy with Shikera and Usher.

Comment by emily – November 27, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shakira is dynamic, gifted, multi-talented, brilliant, beautiful and has
          so much kindness and love in her heart, that she really puts Christina
          to shame. Sorry, but you are so wrong about Shakira.
          This, from a 65 year old Hungarian Grandma, who has long been a
          fan of Shakira.

Comment by karen – December 30, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree. Her body of work speaks to that.(Give the gal a break)

Comment by Hector – January 1, 2013 10:24 AM PDT
          • I agree with you Karen whole heartedly. Shakira has been so kind to all the contestants and judges on the Voice. Her sweetness comes through every move she makes, when she smiles and teases Usher, Blake and Adam, and when she speaks to these kids who are trying their best to stay on the show. She had a beautiful up bringing and it most certainly shows on the Voice. God Bless her parents for Shakira’s kindness and love in her heart. I’m also a Grandma a little older then you.

Comment by Marion – May 20, 2013 12:23 PM PDT
      • Usher …..has been … never that great from the giddy up … Shakira … who cares ???

Comment by william – December 8, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • shakira also cool ma!!!

Comment by playezx – October 31, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its just going to be wierd without cee lo and xtina. They all had great chemistry and now I dunno.

Comment by Natalie – November 24, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree!!!

Comment by Traci – December 18, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will definitely still be watching. Love this show. This is sooo much better than X- factor or even my first love -American Idol. The talent is sooo much better. I will miss Cee Lo- His humor really made the show!!

Comment by Christal – December 3, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am glad that Christina is getting a break, hopefully she will come back a more positive note. The think I like about The Voice is the poistive way it works. Great job all.

Comment by Tamez – December 3, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree totally

Comment by jphines – December 18, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the new TEMPORARY coach for Aguilera should have been Celine Dion or Lady Gaga and For Cee Lo’s chair Should’ve been Either JayZ or John Legend!!!

Comment by Nuel – December 18, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shakira is smoking hot.

Comment by Jobe – December 19, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • how could you say that i am a fan of shakira but she has bearly any boobs

Comment by Alessandra Quintanilla – December 24, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great comment!! Usher is the total package Singer, dancer and the look. I don’t want to say much about Shakira, I never heard of her sorry.

Comment by Kevin – December 19, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The singers should ask Shakira what her hips think about them. Because her hips don’t lie!

Comment by Nick – September 17, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I laughed way too hard at this.

Comment by Michael W – September 17, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The article didn’t follow-up on the teaser (i.e. poor, poor, so poor journalism, ah, but i digress); left me to wonder: which of the two, allegedly, tell no lies?

Thanks, ’holmes, for the insight.

Comment by Dr. Rockstar – December 9, 2012 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m never watching the show again till ceilo green and xtina are back.ceilo made the show and so does Blake but seeing these to go hurts I have never even herd of shekira or the other one.i say those 2 come back or I’m done with this show. I loved seeing ceilos face when he flirted with a girl

Comment by Megan – February 4, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by tali – September 17, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess NBC could not come to terms with Christina and CeeLo’s contacts, so they r being replaced.

Comment by Kathy – September 17, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not at all! There is no drama. It has been known and discussed that the original coaches may leave their position because of other job responsibilities like touring for example. Xtina is planning a tour next year and Cee Lo is going to making a TV show. Marke Burnett the producer has said that the original coaches are allowed to come and go as they please.

Comment by Jared – September 17, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • have you not read the post

Comment by steve (@steve2013) – September 17, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Notes to self…..
      1. Read article
      2. Post comment AFTER reading article so my comment actually makes sense.

Comment by Kristoffer – September 17, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Christina will be gone. But I don’t think Shakira is a good replacement

Comment by Gabby – September 17, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How so, Gabby? Hace you seen her do anything remotely similar? No.

Let’s all wait and see how she does.

Comment by Dick Whitman – September 17, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But Shakira can’t sing. This isn’t called “the hips”. It’s called “the voice”. In which hers is not strong enough to judge and critique someone else.

Comment by Don't Worry About It – November 5, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So a couple in here don’t think Shakira can sing? is one thing if you don’t like her voice but Shakira can sing…in fact, she is one of the few female artist that actually sings live in things like concerts and her voice is not covered or changed with a bunch of sound effects like others do. Shakira will be a great coach on the Voice!

Comment by Ivan – November 20, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are right Shakira cannot sing worth peanuts. How many songs has she had on the charts again? At all even? What one song? I’ve never liked her singing because it sounds muffled and oddly nasally. Not a huge fan of Usher either but he’s tolerable. Christina needs a break or something. She’s been very cold to the other contestants. I think her team was very disappointing and she seems to have it in for the female contestants especially the wee one. Sad to see CeeLo go but an article I just read claims they will both return for season 5 and their replacements therefore are thankfully temporary. Best we can hope for is Shakira doesn’t feel the need to sing on every episode like Christina seems to do. I will not watch it. Which will suck cause I love The Voice.

Comment by Denise Bartlett – December 4, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “I totally agree. christian was very rude to several of the contestants. and honestly i have never heard of shakira before so she must not be famous. I will definetly miss ceelo though. Im going to miss the laughs, glad to know tis only temporary though:)

Comment by jim – December 19, 2012 02:41 PM PDT
          • I think you should all stop criqueing shakira, since the show is about people getting their big break and stepping into the music industry, even if you haven’t heard of Shakira she is EXTREMLY popular. She may not have had many songs on the american pop chart but check latin pop charts before you go talking trash.If the show didn’t think she could sing and coach they wouldn’t have asked her to judge.

Comment by LInzy – February 24, 2013 04:32 PM PDT
          • Over the course of her career, Colombian singer-songwriter and Grammy winner Shakira has sold close to 60 million albums worldwide and has won numerous awards including two Grammys, nine Latin Grammys, four World Music Awards, three American Music Awards and five Billboard Music Awards, to name a few. Her collaborations with such stars as Beyonce and Alejandro Sanz have helped keep her audience expanding continually, and she is the only artist from South America to have a No. 1 song in the US. She has had four of the 20 top-selling hits of the last decade, more than any other artist – including 2006′s unforgettable “Hips Don’t Lie,” the biggest-selling single of the 21st century, which reached the No. 1 spot in an astonishing 55 countries. TO make things short, she is the one who has won the most awards out of all the judges in this season so she is qualified for the job.

Comment by Ryan – April 3, 2013 09:20 PM PDT
        • i agree but lets see how the voice goes(aventually she might win)

Comment by Alessandra Quintanilla – December 24, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ahhh. Jealous much

Comment by Ryan Ardell Dorman – November 14, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank you shakira is not a good judge i mean come on the t.v show is named (VOICE) she does not have any

Comment by Alessandra Quintanilla – December 24, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t see that coming! I guess that Christina will be too busy promoting her new album to be a judge next season!

Comment by Melanie – September 17, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They shouldn’t be having a spring session. They are going to ruin the show by showing it to much and people are going to get sick of it.

Comment by JC (@hotpink25) – September 17, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree. Having the show in the fall and the spring is too much. It caused issues when Fox tried to move SYTYCD to fall and then switched back to Summer the next summer.

Comment by EveatEden – September 18, 2012 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. As soon as I read it was coming on in early 2013….downfall of an excellent talent show!

Comment by Andrew – October 21, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s very true…over exposure is a bad thing!!

Comment by Julie – November 12, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I will actually watch it if Christina’s gone. She’s unbearable!

Comment by Kristen – September 17, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love her or hate her, Xtina is the show.

Comment by Em – September 17, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, it’s the Adam/Blake dynamic that is the show.

Comment by Meem – September 17, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ^This

Comment by bass – September 17, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • YEP!

Comment by Jill – September 17, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Absolutely agree!

Comment by Tracy Johnson – September 17, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yeah, not really. this buddy-buddy is just more this season. last it was Adam/Christina’s “bickering” that was the show

Comment by tali – September 17, 2012 07:35 PM PDT
        • And…THAT’s the truth!!!

Comment by M-L – October 1, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You r soon right. Adam and Blake r funny as crap ….

Comment by j – October 15, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lol I totally agree with you. That’s the only reason I bother to peek in from time to time, but not enough to keep me tuning in regularly. There are several of these type shows, and the difference between them is too slight to set one apart from the other. I was very fond of The Sing-Off which had acapella groups competing against one another and was heartbroken when it was revealed it wouldn’t be renewed.

Comment by Melody – November 11, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • adam and blake are the show and that is the bottom line. without them and their sweet selves, no one would bother to tune in. and i agree with the majority. usher ok but shakira NOT. I saw her in concert in Germany and she cannot sing. sorry but i heard it for myself

Comment by chrissy – November 27, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree about Adam and Blake— YUM

Comment by Christal – December 3, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought. Shakira might be interesting. Too bad that egomaniac usher will be there too.

Comment by chiana – September 17, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This!

Comment by C'mon, that's right. – September 18, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YIPEE! Someone has it right. She is condescending, arrogant, dresses like a clown.

Comment by Kathy Baton – December 4, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen, to that. She is a HORRIBLE Person. After what she did to her fellow Musketeer last year, I refused to watch this year.

Comment by Tiny Tim – December 9, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think NBC is running the show into the grow by airing two cycles a year. They wouldn’t have to worry about replacing coaches if it was just once a year, giving them plenty of time for other things.

We all have to remember the coaches are music artists, first and foremost. I expect to see both Cee-Lo and Chrisina back for season five.

But I’m incredibly excited to see Christina on tour. Been a fan since I was 9 – and it’ll be my first time!

Comment by Em – September 17, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you there running it into the ground doing 2 cycles per year

Comment by steve (@steve2013) – September 17, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • will watch season 5 just to see how it is with the two new coaches but will surely miss christina and cee lo nothing like the original coaches

Comment by skylar – October 16, 2012 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Replacing the t with a?…someone had to say it. come on.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 17, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha. I snorted.

Comment by Ashley – September 17, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor middle aged housewives! Christina will be gone, so therefore they can’t talk about her cleavage anymore! :( Aw!

Comment by Sarah – September 17, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aww Sarah, one day you’ll also be middles-aged and presumably, even more cranky.

Comment by chiana – September 17, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Usher is incredibly boring. Whenever he is on a talk show it is just blah. A couple of people also mentioned it on Graham Norton. I hope he brings more life to this.

Comment by Mick – September 17, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yikes! Even more boring than Jason Mraz?

Comment by TheBeach – September 17, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Christina drives me crazy with the diva part of her. She’s ruining the show. Usher’s fine with me however I feel terrible for Cee-lo. He’ll be forgetting that show.

Comment by Weston – October 15, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to change the subject from the American Idol casting to your own. Well done, Voice, well done.

Comment by Meem – September 17, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just glad they didn’t drag it out and make it a big circus like Idol did. I think these two will do fine on the show.

Comment by Tina – September 18, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first I was outraged, but after reading the article and knowing that its temporary because of scheduling…I’m okay now.
    Shakira is a good choice, but I’ll miss Christina a lot. Good to know we’ll be getting an album as a result though :P

Comment by mia – September 17, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the “too many cycles” comments. I love these four together: They have fun chemistry.

Comment by BTM – September 17, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you to The Voice for not dragging out a public search for replacement judges…like that other show does……

Comment by David – September 17, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I like Shakira, and I think Usher’s a great replacement if you need one (so I’m sure they will both be awesome!) – I’m a little afraid that season will be like the red headed step child of The Voice. If the coaches are leaving and the show is going in a new direction, that’s one thing, but to run the show for a full season without two of its staples? Only to bring them back later with a “DON’T WORRY, SAME OLD SHOW HERE!”? That’s just odd.

Comment by Rachel – September 17, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love it if these singing talent shows would focus less on the talent and more on the talent

Comment by Amanda – September 17, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also agree with the running it too much comment. It’s not like Dancing with the Stars. Idol has lasted because there’s anticipation for when it airs in the winter/Spring.

Comment by Tracy Johnson – September 17, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Cycle 4 has a shot at being successful if Adam and Blake stay on as their chemistry is a big part of the reason I tune in. I do agree it’s probably a bad strategy for NBC to stretch The Voice so thin … I know their ratings across the board are not great, but probably not a good idea to risk killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Comment by Lourdes – September 17, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are only being replaced for the spring season, not permanently. None of the judges wanted to do both fall and spring shows.

Comment by Karen W. (@KWOnlyDreaming) – September 17, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on The Lotus Reality and commented:
    I am so sad to see Christina taking next season off but I guess I should be happy she will be promoting her new album. I think Usher is perfect to replace Cee Lo because he is relevant and could use the exposure. I am not excite about Shakira but hopefully she will surprise me. I think Idol has The Voice beat when it comes to new judges!

Comment by startingoverinseattle – September 17, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shakira on the Voice, or as I like to call it “the reason why we have a mute button”.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 17, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Shakira, she is awesome even though her English music is not as awesome as her spanish music. I am excited and will watch next season for sure.

Comment by juan – September 17, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For these competition shows saying that it isn’t about the judges. All of them sure pick celebrities as judges. What an oxymoron. These shows are ALL about the judges. People don’t tune in for the competitiors -they are doing it for the interactions of the panel. So glad I haven’t jumped on the reality competition bandwagon. All of these shows seem to the same now.

Comment by Joseph – September 17, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I won’t deny I started watching The Voice for Blake and Adam (and I’ll be watching Idol for the first time ever for Keith) but my dedication to these guys only gets me in the door, so to speak. If I couldn’t find competitors to care about I wouldn’t keep watching. Thank to The Voice I am as dedicated to Dia Frampton and Xenia now as I am Blake. And while I’ve never cared for Idol I’m glad that it gave Carrier Underwood and Kelly Clarkson the shot they needed for their careers to take off. While I’m glad it’s not Blake and Adam taking a break, I’d keep watching Voice even if they did.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – September 18, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Usher cool. I rather have Kelly Clarkson instead of Shakira. Or beyonce or a number of other female artists. Mary J Blige but she is okay.

Comment by Kelly – September 17, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Overkill much…

Comment by Mike – September 17, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nbc should have waited for xtina and cee lo to be available. I am a huge fan of Adam and Blake but without xtina and cee lo it won’t be the same. Even tho xtina messed up the anthem, I like her personality on the voice.

Comment by Andrew – September 17, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes to Usher but idk about Shakira

Comment by deds – September 17, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should change their schedule…..if anyone should go, it should be blake..not only did i have to look him up with the show first started..when alot of contestants sing…he doesnt know the songs except for popular ones or country ones

Comment by deds – September 17, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So the only singing show that has had a country judge should get rid of that judge? Don’t think you thought that through. There is more to the world than Justin Beiber and pop music.

Comment by samaxe794 – September 17, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love these shows. So I will watch. But twice a year might be too much. Maybe next year they should just have a fall season.

Comment by teatime – September 17, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. Usher is ok, but Shakira? Come on.

Comment by samaxe794 – September 17, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmm, Michael Slezak and Melinda Doolittle are now recapping The Voice and Cee-Lo and Christina are leaving. I may actually have to start watching!

Comment by blingedup – September 17, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Shakira, she is a real international artist, her music is heard in many countries and is also a great person (always helping people) what a great person to have on the show, I will actually watch the show now!! ;)

Comment by Rayson – September 18, 2012 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeahh that’s trueee I’m actually going to watch this show 4 real

Comment by beky – January 5, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina’s leaving and both Blake & Adam are staying – that’s my dream version of The Voice! I’m shaking my hips like Shakira in celabration!!

Comment by Rain – September 18, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more! It’s about time they got rid of her. Good luck Cee-lo. After nobody picked him that’s what they had to do. He’ll have another chance. But Usher, really? Let’s just go get some random artist for the best singing competition on TV! Give me a break!
      😃—–😔

Comment by Weston – October 15, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know what are you saying. Xtina has one of the best voices out there. You can’t even beging to compare her to shakira. I dare anyone to tell me they understand even half of shakira lyrics when she sings. As for usher he will be in the shadows of cee Lo, he’s quite the character!
      I’ll wait for season 5 yo enjoy the voice after season 3 is over.

Comment by Jo – November 15, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that would be a very sexy trio: adam, blake & usher! yum!

Comment by Kiki – September 18, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super excited for both!!!!

Comment by cz – September 18, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shakira is a great choice. She has an amazing voice, multiple Grammys and knows how to sell music. How many other judges speak 5 languages. She will draw viewers.

Comment by Bob – September 21, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To me is amuzing how people take pride in the “5″ languages..shakira “speaks”…which I don’t know how fluent and well versed in the languages she is…because I heard her trying to speak itilian and OMG..terrible,terrible and Italian is from the same family of languages as spanish.

Anyway the thruth is the program is called “The voice” which Shakira doesn’t have. I speak, read and write fluently in 5 languages but it doesn’t mean I should be in “The voice”.

The pogram is called “The voice” not the ” wanna be Polyglot”

In today’s world people even if they don’t want easily they can learn a second language.

Comment by Julio – December 5, 2012 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait for “Xtina” to go. Really sad to see Cee Lo leave, but I think the replacements for next season are good! Shakira is so different from Christina that she will bring something Christina didn’t. And Usher and Cee Lo in terms of their genre are similar, but Usher (like him or not) has one of the best voices in the industry. Agree or disagree, but I think the show is going to be just fine! Best singing show on the air. They will know when it is time to end the show unlike idol

Comment by Natalie – October 3, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AGREE! Xtina comes off as a snobby *itch. as if she’s all that. She is soooooooo dingy and has an irritating voice.

Comment by Doug – December 8, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t leave the voice Christina, you have the most beautiful voice I have ever herd and no other female artist can even hold a candle to you. If you leave you will be soooooooooooo missed. I love you as an artist and the person you are. Linda from Calumet City Illinois.

Comment by Linda Jenkins – October 7, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not going to watchThe Voice until Christina and Cee Lo return to their chairs. Not the same without the original team of coaches

Comment by renee – October 15, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • User is a big thug nod NBC could not find somebody with talent their are way to many singers out their that is slot better then this ass

Comment by John b – October 16, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was not happy about the changes in the coaches. But now reading that Christina & CeeLo will be back for nr 5 of The Voice makes me VERY HAPPY!!! =) All og the four original coaches MUST be there. They are The Voice. So I say it again. VERY HAPPY THEY AR RETURNING FOR NR 5 =)

Comment by Linn Øvretveit – October 19, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • glad to know Xtina will be back on season 5.. Shakira will be a good coach but Xtina more better.. its just my opinion..

Comment by shahirah.andy – October 22, 2012 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • adam levine team will Win!!!

Comment by playezx – October 31, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that usher & shakira will both make great judges. They both are extremely talented artists with awesome singing skills. I think that if you’re gonna have a mentor it might as well be someone that’s had tons of success world wide like shakira. And someone like usher that brings something more different than Adam Kevin & Blake shelton. As for cee lo green & Christina aguilera also very talented artists I believe they would agree positively on the new judge choices.

Comment by Christian Gil – November 1, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *LEVINE oops!

Comment by Christian Gil – November 1, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cristina leaving.. defntly bad for voice.. i will not watch the show without Cristina.. she knows how to sing and shakira ohh nooo

Comment by fune – November 1, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They will both be missed! Won’t be good with out the original 4…Christina has an amazing voice!!!people hate on her so much and so what.. she makes mistakes.. Or how she looks, talks it still dose not take away of how good of a singer she is!! (fact)…

Comment by Shelly – November 12, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funny to see some people saying that Shakira can’t sing,. She is not Nicki Minaj neither Britney Spears. I love Cristina but Im anxious to see Shakira share her amazing singing skills and writting skills. She is a true artist. For references google her, btw If you are limited to being monolingual you might say she has no singing skills. Lol.

Comment by Erick – November 12, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right! Shakira is a true definition of an artist! her voice is Unique (so if u don’t like it too bad) she also changes her voice a lot, sometimes soft, sometimes strong, sometimes sweet and sometimes raw! does all types of music, writes most of her songs with a few covers here and there. She is a true International artist! If you think that she is only Hips then u obviously don’t know her, or her music. How many female singers today can say they did or can do an MTV Unplugged??? Please tell me? not too many and yet Shakira was invited to do hers before she even started singing in English! Sometimes people need to keep their opinions of hate to themselves.

Comment by Ivan – November 21, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shakira=sex sells…that’s what has taken her to “stardom” not her being a “true” artist. I’m multilingual and her lyrics in spanish are trash! her good lyrics in spanish are way,way long gooooone!

Comment by Julio – December 5, 2012 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • inexpensive way for NBC to handle prime time TV shows – agree its likely to destroy compared to annual format – given season-3 took 32 network shows; changing judges OK (except for Randy Jackson, all have changed over the years); Voice uses judges much more than the other shows; reflects how most of $$ is going to the judges, at least in this case.

Comment by Jim – December 18, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post