Smash has added another belter to its ranks.
TVLine has confirmed that Hairspray starlet Nikki Blonsky will recur in Season 2 of the NBC musical, which bows in at midseason.
Details surround the Golden Globe nominee’s casting — which was first revealed via Twitter by Smash co-star Wesley Taylor — are being kept under wraps for now.
Among those joining Blonsky for the series’ star-studded sophomore run are Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order), Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) and Jennifer Hudson (Dreamgirls).
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The Girls are almost back! Press PLAY below for a first look at Season 2 of the HBO comedy, which bows in January.
• The Weeds series finale hit a season high with 864,000 total viewers, up 55 percent from the Season 7 finale.
• Sean “Diddy” Combs has booked a top-secret guest spot in Season 8 of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Louise Roe (Plain Jane) has been named host of Fashion Star Season 2. She replaces outgoing emcee Elle Macpherson, who created and will still executive-produce the competition series.
• CBS has given a put pilot commitment to Welcome to New York, a comedy from comedian Jim Gaffigan and Rescue Me creator Peter Tolan. Per Deadline, the project — which will also star Gaffigan — centers on a man and his wife living in a two bedroom apartment with their five kids.
• Syfy has renewed Haunted Collector for a 12-episode third season.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?