Exclusive

Hart of Dixie Boss Promises Zoe and Wade Fans Will Be 'Very Happy' With Season 2

Hart of Dixie Wade Zoe Season 2 Last we saw Hart of Dixie‘s Wade and Zoe, the unrequited-no-more lovers were in the midst of a steamy hookup when a newly single George popped by to drop the “L” word on the pint-sized doc. So, which burly, Bluebell boy will Zoe choose in Season 2? Showrunner Leila Gerstein won’t reveal that twist just yet, but she does have a tease that spells smoother sailing for at least one ‘ship.

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Hart of Dixie — Plus 45 Other Shows!

“I’m sure that Wade fans are going to be very, very happy,” she tells TVLine of how things pan out early on for the lovelorn barkeep. “What we have done so far [in Season 2] is very strong for ‘Zade’ fans.”

That said — the that, of course, being that Zoe seemingly picks Wade — Gerstein is quick to note that the series’ signature “love triangle is going to continue to exist,” regardless of which guy initially gets the girl.

RELATED | Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Episodes’ Mircea Monroe Back for Season 2 — Is ‘Zade’ in Trouble?

“It’s more heightened [now] because Zoe’s actually had sex with Wade and also declared her feelings to George — and then had them reciprocated,” the EP explains. “What was a crush on George has turned into him calling off his wedding and making a huge gesture for her; and what was sexual chemistry with Wade has turned into full-on sex. So, there’s still a lot of push and pull on Zoe, and you will feel both sides continually — even though she does make a decision.”

Hart of Dixie‘s sophomore run begins Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8/7c on The CW.
TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Interviews

1. Rous says:

i want her with Wade!!! George is boring… dosen´t have the chemestry. Pleas i want Zoey and Wade be the endgame. PLEAS

2. mia says:

I still think George is the best option. Zoe and Wade have little in common except sexual chemistry. And I love Wade, and Wade/Zoe….I just think George is better in the longrun.

3. MGL says:

I have to say it is almost too bad that writers or whomever post these spoilers. I myself like George and Zoe better, so after reading this, I don’t care if I catch the show or not. And, for shows on CW which does not average huge amounts of viewers, every viewer counts. I think some of these shows need to say less if they want to retain as many viewers. Some of these spoilers are turnoffs.

• Pat says:

We don’t know that Zoe will stay with Wade just sounds like it starts with her picking Wade.

• YEAH says:

If you like Bilson/Porter then you should support the show regardless… stop whining. This is their careers.

• KSM says:

You didn’t have to read the article.

• You are seriously in the minority, they’d rather lose the 10% George/Zoe fans than lose everyone else.

• Dee says:

George is not for Zoe. Absolutely no chemistry between them. What they have I can look outside my window and see that. TV and movies are the fantasy to take us someplace we have never been and probably never will. The steamy heat and dynamic chemistry between Rachel and Wilson on screen is unbelievable. Can’t wait for the next episode. Remember spoilers are just hints and sometimes there is much more going on besides the little blurb of information spilled,

4. SK says:

Can’t wait for this season to start!

5. piranharhonda says:

As a Zade fan I cant wait to see what Leila Gerstein means by “very strong” ;-)

6. melosm says:

This makes me concerned that Zade will not be the endgame for the series. :(

7. heidi says:

I have always wanted to see George in a happy intimate relationship with a man. We still dont know what he was up to in nyc…

8. happyshipper says:

Team Wade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jessica84 says:

After years of shipping misery I finally feel rewarded

10. rebecca says:

Wade! swooooon

11. Brandy says:

I hate Wade/Zade!I want Zoe & George, diehard Zorge fan here

• DC says:

Hate is a strong word. I prefer Wade over George but i would never hate George.

• Brandy says:

Maybe hate is to strong, but I can’t stand Wade.Hes annoying,cocky,treats Zoe like crap and only want to sleep with her and now that he’s done that his interest in her will fade soon & hell get bored and move on to his next conquest/one night stand.He gotta know she’ll still be in love with George.

• DC says:

I think Wade and Zoey are both immature and I think she treats him pretty much the same way as he treats her. As for disrepect, I though George treated Zoey very badly in New Orleans… suggesting that they get a hotel room. George has also been LUSTING after Zoey and by during so he disrepected Lemon.

• oh yes says:

Zoey is cocky, selfish, and childish.

• Brandy says:

Wade gets on Zoe’s case about loving an engaged guy when he was lusting after/having feelings for Zoe while married to Tancy and sleeping with half of Bluebell while married, Wade called her snobbish,selfish ect why would she want to be with a guy that thinks that low of her?His you had a+ sex first time last night for me it was B- is also putting her down and lets not forget he told Zoe & his brother nott to date cause he’s insecure,jelaous and has issues that he takes out her and how about him sabatogining her date with Judson and betting on when they would break up then making her look& feel a fool when she asked him about his feelings for her.George and Zoe had a real bond and connection and things in common and not just lust and George treats her better.Though I agree it’s disrectful of him to Lemon to be having feelings for Zoe while engaged but he didn’t act on them til he & Lemon broke up but Lemon cheated with Lavon.

• mr goodtime says:

george is a playboy and even though its unbelievable on screen most men like wade have success with those kinds of interactions

12. nevina says:

I hate to say it but this love triangle is a JOKE…totally embarrassing. I think the show is making more out of this then it’s’ worth. I feel sorry for both Porter and Bilson… they have zero chemistry which is why they are so UNBELIEVEABLE as a couple. Zoey is not Elena. (VD) …she can’t pull this off. She doesn’t act like a torn lover. if anything she acts more like a confused airhead. Don’t get me wrong I like Bilson but this is embarrassing. And as for Porter…he has done nothing with that role. Your strongest character in this triangle is Bethel… I vote Wade/Lavone spinotf.

• Klaxon says:

I agree the triangle is a joke. The writers made their endgame clear, Zade was basically season 1 endgame. Had the show been cancelled it would have been a series endgame, they had them endgame just in case it got canned, that says it all relly were the writers are headed and want in the end. George is a weak character to go against, Wade, and Wilson Bethel is a powerhouse. Best CW newcomer right now.

And I’m not even saying this a a Zade fan, I’m ony a Wade//Bethel fan and I can’t stand Zoe/Bilson. I would want someone better for him, and Z/G can have each other. However Z/G is a weak ship and Z/W is going to sail easily.

• Michael says:

This isn’t about one actor being better than the other. I really don’t like what Wilson Bethel has done with Wade. If find Wade to be annoying, childish and both emotionally and mentally stilted. For me, the daggone, good-old-boy who doesn’t want to grow up is tired. I like George because he is grounded and probably mature enough to offer Zoey a mature love and since her connections to people on an emotional level are lacking, I don’t think that Wade is going to help her out much in that respect.

It’s a matter of taste. I wouldn’t be attracted to Wade in the real world either. George is the type of human being that I prefer. Scott Porter has done a fine job with George, if you like the type of character that George is.(I would say the same for Wilson, even though I don’t find his character appealing in any way.) I don’t find George boring, but that’s just me.

• tp says:

I feel the same. Wade has a weasley way about him. After he said all those things about her to the brother if I were her I wouldn’t speak to him again. He got mad at her for ruining his chance at the money to start his bar. He was in it for his reasons and she was in it for hers. All the while he ignored Tansy but no one seems to think anything was wrong with that. Every time he belittled her, I disliked her more for continuing to talk to him. This news doesn’t bode well for me. I will give it 2-3 episodes to see if I can stand it. I”m really hoping to see a different side of George since he doesn’t have Lemon around to put a damper on things.

• darlene says:

Wade is weasley but George is perfect. Mr. Perfect is SLEAZY…in New Orleans dumb Zoey allowed him to treat her like a $2.00 h…. She was nothing but his BOOTY CALL.

• Trovan says:

Damper would be George and Zoey as a couple.

• George grounded?????? Yeah dumping your girlfriend because “a part of you” “loves” someone else is SO grounded……………

• clinton says:

well rock on with george. i prefer wade flaws and all…he has a heart and soul unlike george who flirted with zoey in first of lemon.

• darlene says:

Well said – I love watching Bethel. His personality is as big as his smile. I too wish they would bring a stronger actress on the show for him. He is such a interesting character to watch. I want to see his development. He deserves the BEST. Iam SICK of him being second to George.

13. YEAH says:

Very strong means Gerstein is going to overdose you on Wade/Zoey until you holler George/Zoey. My guess is that dumb Zoey will be in George’s bed by seasons end. I don’t think Wade will mature anytime soon – that would give him much more leverage over George. Porter is Gerstein’s golden boy.

14. Anna says:

I think maybe Leila prefered Zoe and George at the begin of the show, but now she knows that Zade is the most important thing of Hart of Dixie! Almost everybody loves them together! Zade is what makes HoD so funny and cute. So, I really expect Zade as endgame! We deserve this!

15. Alrisha says:

George/Zoe got absolute not chemistry. Wade can be less “mature” than George but for that is perfect for Zoe. George always looks like he got a stick in his ass. Zoe with him is going to fade. Sorry but George looks like he need to come out, that actually would be really a good story.

16. DC says:

What is this endgame? The show is becoming too predictable -this needs to change. Wade and Zoey are their own BRAND. Leila needs to come up with creative ways of keeping them together / breaking them up to including filling the void when they are apart. I want to see the ups/downs of someone in a relationship. Beside the love triangle is not working, soory.

17. tracy says:

I like Porter but he just doesn’t have it here. Iam looking forward to seeing him w his new love interest.

18. Mari says:

Zade forever… George is really boring.

19. This says:

MGL/Brandy – I too wish that you guys would SUPPORT Porter regardless. This guy has got to feel bad …now you guys are abanding.

20. bonnie says:

I love wade and think she sould pick him i would george is cute but not for zoey they make really good friends

21. eliza says:

George and Zoe !!!!!

22. Ella says:

Seriously, drop the triangle. George is so boring, it actually makes my skin crawl to see him with Zoe. Basically, the only things interesting about this show are Wade and Zoe. Lavon is a bumbling moron who can’t take a hint, Lemon is a shrill, unlikeable harpy and George has all the screen presence of a block of ice. He was considerably better on “The Good Wife” as a morally ambiguous character. You want to keep him around, give him something better to do. Plus, as much as I hate Lemon, what he did to her last season was unforgivable. I totally cheered when she punched him.

23. tp says:

It’s crazy how everyone here loves Wade while for me he is what makes the show unwatchable. As much as I loved this show I don’t really want to see Zoey and Wade together. I will keep tabs on it but probably won’t be watching anymore.

24. Jen says:

As long as Wade is happy, I am happy. I really hope season 2 doesn’t focus too much on G/Z because the way they wrote them last season was really all I could handle. It was not cute at all. It is not that I don’ t like each character on their own. Yes George is a bit boring, but he is not a bad guy. But put them together and Zoe becomes this delusional whinny girl and that is just not a good look on her. I’d rather see her arguing with Wade than mooning over George.

• Trovan says:

Jan Iam with you- the love that George and Zoey share is too powerful LOL. I CAN NOT deal with anoher season of this girl’s whining about that guy.

25. HODdisappointed says:

My problem with this show wasn’t so much that Zoe had feelings for both guys, it was the fact that she kept saying “I really like George” For crying out loud it sounded like High School. By the end of season 1 I couldn’t stand Zoe. And I LOVE Rachel Bilson so unless they stop writing the show for grammar school kids, I’ll have to skip season 2.

Oh and I am definately team Zade!

26. Tye says:

Of course the Zade fans will be, its not like there is any real competition is there. Why wouldn’t they pander to their loudest and rabid shippers. Its not like they can help to succumb to the pressure. The triangle is a J.O.K.E.

Wake up Zeorge fans, you are just being used and strung along, they already have their endgame.

• nevina says:

Don’t care too much about Zoey/Bilson but I like Wade./Bethel. Bethel is doing a DAMM GOOD JOB as WADE. Flaws and all I LOVE watching him… he is entertaining … reason for watching TV. Yeah , the triangle is JOKE which is why it lacks popularity like the other triangles on CW. You’re right Zoey and George will be endgame… Porter is Leila’s preferred choice. But know what, the YOUTUBE Pics of Zoey/Wade tells the true story (check them out) and Leila can’t change that. Go Wade.

27. Elyse says:

Zade forever :) George is lame.

28. Patricia says:

Zoe and George might be better in the long run but who cares Zoe and Wade are the show I want to watch. I finally just saw the finale this weekend and it was hot.

29. Caro says:

Ugh. ICK. Wade and Zoe are so mismatched – Zoe and George are perfect together! Zoe and Wade have nothing in common. Why do women go for bad boys when those relationships NEVER last and aren’t realistic?

• Caroline says:

I agree with Caro, I don’t get that either.Wade doesn’t do much for me, George is my kinda guy. I think George and Zoe will be a great couple in the end. And I think it’s great that they will explore other options in Season 2, but George and Zoe are a perfect endgame IMO. Zoe and George are my favorite couple, but I like all the characters (and all the actors, but mostly Scott Porter) in this show. I enjoy the storylines as they come and I enjoy this show as a whole. I really think too much shipping one couple gets in the way of thoroughly enjoying this fun show.

30. Jes says:

Almost everybody here are saying that Wade is immature and Zade won’t last. Guys shows can air for years, characters can change. Wade can grow up and really fall in love or maybe Zoe’ll find a new man. Who knows? AND can George be called a grown up man, more mature than Wade? Seriuously? A man who breaks up with her longtime girlfriend on their wedding’s day? At least Wade never made big promises to his girls. They all knew who Wade was and what he wanted in a relationship. But still he could find his soul mate and grow up.
    Btw it seems Leyla will pleased Zade fans for a while, but not so sure they will be the endgame. Leyla always loved Zeorge

• Hate to say it as I love the character but I think crazy earl may die and that would lead to him growing up and him finding the money for his bar. In a lot of ways Wade is quite mature, he clearly looked after his drunk father for years. His immaturity lies in low self esteem which makes him even more endearing :)

31. n says:

Iam game for a Wade and Lavone spinoff. Iam sick of this crap. Please ,Wade’s not good enough for Zoey because they have nothing in common. Whatever!!! Iam also game for a new love interest for Wade

32. FAITHE says:

Wade/Bethel is by far the strongest character in this MESS the writers call a triangle. It’s a JOKE. Not only is George/Porter WEAK but so is Zoey/Bilson- probably why they are so DULL together. I think if George/Porter was going up against any other guy from this network he would have won the girl based on his likeable, but, Bethel makes the difference here-Bethel is a very good actor/strong presents. I think the writers needs to be careful with Zoey/Bilson – the last couple of episodes she was totally unlikeable/annoying. Zoey CHARM makes her and minus it she is annoying. i really wish the show would lose the The Gossip Girl crap. You can have a good show without the leading lady sleeping with evey male character on the show- at the rate the writers are going you’ll never know who you’re find Zoey in bed with.

33. Phillis says:

I like George and Zoe. Wade is awesome, but they seem better off as friends. You can’t live forever playing tricks on someone. When tricks get boring they will have nothing together anymore. George and Zoe have more together than just practical jokes.

34. aishy says:

i agree with all the zade fans. The show is as good only because of mr bethel, wade is a great. Completely real, every woman should know no man grows up til they find reason to. The fairytale is never as perfect. Lets face it, george’s character is supposed to be just that, perfect! No such thing, in every story, the good guy is often the wrong guy. The ‘supposed’ bad boy, i.e wade, is not a secondary character but the strong lead, the hero, if i may. Wade all the way, he’s not mr perfect but he is her mr. Right. I’m a wade fan (obviously!)

35. clinton says:

what does george and zoey share? i watched all the episodes but saw nothing.

36. miles says:

ZADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. kali says:

Wade is a great guy – not just for the physical dimension of a relationship but fir the emotional aspects as well. He is constantly being undervalued. He is q great son, he has dreams and he hasa heart of gold. He should be the guy Zoey ends up with because he is flawed and yet amazing. George is just plain boring…I don’t get his supposed appeal at all. That being said I am worried that the creators intend it to go another way in the long run. As soon as I’ll get wind of that I won’t be able to continue watching…

38. WEB says:

Thank You – Kall. It is so unfair and Iam pissed. That last epsisode should have been about judgment day for both Zoey and George – their unappropriate behavior over the last months. Instead they made it about Wade’s immaturity. Iam so sick of George and Zoey both and how perfect they are together – selfish brats. Lemon was hurting and all Zoey wanted talk about was herself – she caused this MESS. George didn’t have the decency and respect to ask Lemon if she was okay. All he cared about was his freaken obessession with Zoey and beer.

39. Keri says:

Total GZ fan here. George is a REAL man. He is humble and brave enough to admit his mistakes and take responsibility for his actions. He has the courage to tell a woman how he really feels and is confident enough to ask her to choose HIM. He a DECENT man who truly cares about other people. Plus, I think that Scott and Rachel have a sweet, natural chemistry. Wade on the other hand…is pretty much an immature coward who treats Zoe horribly whenever she opens up to him. In this case, the whole insecure, misunderstood bad boy routine is just tired. Personally, I don’t understand the appeal. As for ZW…I don’t see much more of a connection than lust and banter. Team George.

• mina says:

Keri… And George isn’t lusting after Zoey…to say no would be suggesting he”s not a man. Wade/Bethel immaturity has alot to do with Laila helping out Porter/George who’s ego is hurting here….sorry but he is showing down the process of the show.

40. Rayapoopoo says:

I think that Wade really has deeper feelings for Zoe than he let’s on. You can see that he cares for her more than just sex. Like when he made the gumbo for her or when he got upset that he saw Zoe talking to George during the race game and told her that he was upset cuz Zoe made him lose his chance at the money, but really he was jealous. I think Wade is just putting up a front because he does not want to show that he has real feelings for Zoe n get hurt, so instead he acts like a jerk. I really hope they show a different side to Wade, and I really hope that Zoe ends up with him. I like George, too but not for Zoe. Team Zade!!

• rosalita says:

Totally agree with everything you said. If it was only for sex, he wouldn’t have been so happy when Zoe asked him to be her boyfriend. And he is definitely afraid of getting hurt. I do love watching the show because of Zoe and Wade because they are really cute and funny. The show would become boring if George and Zoe are together.

41. penguin15 says:

OMG I just love zoe and wade, up to ep 3 and so far i lave what they have done with the first 2 eps, i think ZADE belong together, can he just tell her how he actually feels, my heart is with you wade, just tell zoe how you feel

42. Gillian says:

Simply adore Wade – he isn’t only about the sex. He’s showing real vulnerability now and it’s clear he has real feelings for Zoe. Bethel is the stand out star for me and not only because of his abs!

Billson also does a good job – she manages to balance some unlike able traits in Zoe with like ability and charm. It is good to have a flawed heroine rather than someone perfect. In fact, I really like that there are several flawed characters – even George.

Feel a bit sorry for Scott porter – not just because trying to compete with the bad boy character and Wilson Bethels’s body must be tough, but also George hasn’t enough edge – he’s too ‘good’ and decent. Whatever one might choose in real life, nice seldom works so well on the screen. I think that’s why they are bringing in someone challenging to generate more sparks.

Massively helps a relationship dynamic to have a mismatch and conflict from the different between what you should like and what you do. George and Zoe are too matched to generate conflict and heat, IMO

43. Rishell says:

Wade is so hot! I’d pick him anyday!
    If I could meet Wilson bethal, it’d be the
    Happiest day of my life :D
    But that won’t happen lol

I started watching this show just a couple days ago and I’m hooked on it.
    First season done!

44. emily says:

Mmmm all comments considered. I was cheering for a Zoe/George romance and yet in hindsight that would have been too predictable, but since seeing Wade and Zoe together, they have a unique connection and it’s not just great sex, of course that helps:) Wade’s changing as the show goes on. What would be a bittersweet twist is if she does finally get with George and is wishing it were Wade. What a turn around that would be for the Doc!?

45. J says:

I think Wade and Zoe need to go ahead and admit to each other that they have feelings for each other and George needs to back off, because Zoe is nothing but a booty call for George. He is not over Lemon yet he’s not over NYC either and Zoe reminds him of what he loved in NY. Zoe would mean nothing to him if she wasn’t from there!

46. PJ says:

Wade is a jerk. End this Zoe/Wade fiasco already. It’s tiresome and annoying to watch.
    Seriously, enough is enough.

47. maria says:

I feel that Zoe and Wade make each other better – which is what relationships are about. Zoe loosens up around Wade, and Wade wants to better himself because of her. George and Zoe are too similar to be good for each other.

48. anna says:

i hope that she will endup with wade at the grand finale! the chemistry between Rachel and W is …wow!!!

49. NiamZiall says: