Bones Season Premiere Recap: Flower Power

Get More: Premieres, Recaps

Bones Season 8 PremiereWARNING: If you have yet to watch Monday’s season premiere of Bones, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, you may proceed…

Pelant, you sly, little bastard.

When Bones returned Monday night for Season 8, Brennan was still on the run with baby Christine – who’s already saying, “Dada”! – after
being framed for murder by the computer wizard. But the Jeffersonian team had some tricks up its sleeves, too.

Despite being on the lam, the forensic anthropologist was secretly communicating with Angela via flowers, and the latter wasn’t spilling to the desk-bound Booth — or even her hubby — about how she and her best pal were keeping in touch. This, of course, did not make the FBI agent happy, but he got what he wanted when Cam ordered Clark to send him an email about a case involving Brennan and Pelant.

FALL PREVIEW | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Bones — Plus 46 Other Shows!

Cleverly using his old gambling addiction as a cover, Booth told everyone he was going to Atlantic City while he chased a lead straight into his significant other’s arms. Their first meeting in three months proved a little tussle can be foreplay as Brennan busted into Booth’s hotel room, prompting him to pounce on what he thought was a blonde stranger. Then he attacked her in a completely different way, leading to what it’s all about for fans: the long-awaited reunion make-out session — well, that and Booth cooing and awwing over Christine. (When in doubt, just put a grown man and a cute baby in a scene together. But how come that kid looks nothing like either one of them? Is she wearing a blonde wig, too?)

Meanwhile, Pelant caught wind of Angela and Brennan’s code and showed up at the cemetery where Hodgins was delivering a floral message. The normally gentle scientist unleashed his ferocious side, nearly choking the tormentor to death, until he realized that’s exactly what the hacker wanted: Brennan would never be able to come home if Hodgins offed him. This led Sweets to come up with a theory about Pelant’s three different sides, which was symbolized by the coded triangle. (We’re no shrinks, so we’re just going to nod and pretend we get it.) That, in turn, allowed Angela – lets just take this logic leap together – to finally decipher how Pelant had superimposed Brennan into the security-cam footage.

RELATED | Exclusive: Bones Enlists Army Wives Actor Brian McNamara For Season 8 Guest Stint

With her name cleared and Pelant locked up for his guidance counselor’s murder, Brennan returned to her normal life and her old hair color. But a moment of hanky panky on the washing machine was short-lived: The cyber hacker had managed to create a whole new identity for himself as a citizen of Egypt and was being extradited. At least Bones got one last slap in as he handed her a marigold for “pain and grief.” But shortly after he was escorted away, Agent Flynn stayed behind, picked the flower out the trash and stared at it a few seconds too long. Twist ending?!

Bones fans, weigh in with your grade for the season premiere below and then hit the comments with your thoughts! Are you pissed at Pelant for breaking up Booth and Brennan’s happy times? (Were they almost too giddy? Booth did seem awfully cool about her running away, didn’t he?) Were you shocked by Hodgins’ angry side? And what is Flynn’s involvement in all of this? Sound off!

Tags: ,

Comments (105)

• Wow! Pelant you are one slimy bastard…very clever…and WASHING MACHINE!!!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 17, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the end when the FBI agent retrieved the Marigold from the trash? Are you not going to address that hint of things to come?

Comment by Linda Frazzo – September 17, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m dying here!! What does it mean?? he had a “look” on his face…I wonder if Pelant built some sort of code into it? AHHHHH! SO happy Bones is back!! :) :)

Comment by Lisa – September 17, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What did it mean when the other FBI agent grabbed the flower?

Comment by rr – September 17, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! My husband and I just looked at each other. It seemed…..suspicious? When Brennan’s dad said to Booth that Pelant needs killing I wondered if Flynn, now with the terrorism unit (can’t remember his title now) is going to take care of that in Egypt? OR is Flynn dirty? Oh the questions….a sign of a great premiere! :)

Comment by Kim R – September 18, 2012 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At first I thought that the lingering on the flower meant Flynn was dirty too, but my fiance thinks it’s more of like a “hey, i’m coming for you…i’m going into the terrorism department, and you are on my list.”

Comment by mallory – September 18, 2012 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with this. I think Flynn is in the perfect position now to take Pelant down with his new “Egyptian” identity!

Comment by Kel – September 18, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Um, I’m not getting how his status as an Egyptian citizen got him released. The FBI arrested him for hacking into their systems, and he was also arrested for murder based on physical evidence. If he was an American he would have a hell of a lot of troubles. If he was an EGYPTIAN citizen, then he’d be a foreign national and a cyber terrorist… and the FBI had him in custody. The FBI wouldn’t extradite him once he started messing with the US government. I don’t think the Egyptian government has that much pull.

He’d more than likely get sent to Guantanamo. And I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have Internet access anymore. But that wouldn’t make very good TV.

Comment by Bob – September 19, 2012 12:35 AM PDT
  • So, is Flynn working with Pelant? I don’t get why he would pick up the flower at the end if he was just some agent. I loved when Brennan slapped him, it was sooo worth it. I know Pelant is scheduled to appear in at least 3 or 4 more episodes, I just hope he dies in the last one.

Comment by Jessica – September 17, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But that seems to be what he wants

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 17, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think it’s that he wants to die as much as he wants to corrupt one of the good guys to the point where they would commit murder. It’s about power.

Comment by Stormy – September 17, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Someone other than Booth in this instance because killing Pelant could fall under his job description in the right scenario. He’s targeting the squints more so than Booth in that regard

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 17, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to ignore the agent getting the flower out of the trash…

Comment by bass – September 17, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s driving me nuts too!

Comment by AtLorrieLife – March 14, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with Max, Pelant needs to be killed.

Comment by Josh – September 17, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to know why Flynn took the marigold from the trash. :)

Comment by Carrie – September 17, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should we read something into that final scene where Agent Flynn picked the marigold out of the trash?? He had an odd look on his face.

Comment by Mike – September 17, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t think the ending was as big a twist as reviewers made it to be…but still an awesome episode!

Comment by Lynne – September 17, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Flynn grabbing the flower shocked the hell out of me…no idea what’s going through his head

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 17, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flynn collected the flower as evidence. I predict Flynn is Cam’s new love.

Comment by Livvy – September 17, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, her new love is Dr. Edison. He’s now a full-time Jeffersonian employee but not one who works under Cam any longer…and did you catch their “look” when he mouthed “thank you”?

Comment by c-mo – September 17, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Clark and Cam. A bit weird, but I can see it happening. Although I really liked the obgyn she dated…

Comment by Lisa – September 17, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s totally Cam and Clark. I knew it from the moment she thanked him and talked about how he did his job and then took him out for a drink… If it’s not them, then the writers are really good at throwing fake hints.

Comment by Belle – September 17, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I definitely thought it was gonna be Cam and Jared (Booth’s brother), but now I’m not so sure…

Comment by Michele – September 17, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Jared was engaged a few seasons ago. I think he and his wife were mentioned in conversation once between Booth & Bones.

Comment by Deena – September 18, 2012 02:43 PM PDT
        • She took him out for a drink because Angela was bringing Brennan in to look at the bones. I don’t think there’s anything more than that.

Comment by Meg – September 18, 2012 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well…you’re thinking wrong then :)

Comment by klown – September 18, 2012 07:48 AM PDT
        • I think Cam/Clark could be hilarious. They are the two characters on the show who are most secretive about their personal lives/value professionality the most. Watching that balance out with the rest of the predictably nosy Jeffersonian staff would be excellent comedy.

Comment by O'Brien – September 18, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Cam and Clark would be nauseating. She’s beautiful and he’s very homely…and boring… and short.

Comment by Jo March. – September 18, 2012 03:05 PM PDT
        • Clark and Cam is just ewww. First of all she is his boss, secondly “hostile work environment” for rest of team. She’s apparently sleeping with a subordinate, gives him promotion, raises, good work assignment. Yes, I know this is tvland but still ewww.

Comment by Sky Lark – September 18, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • can i just point out that Edison is married, or at least living with a woman!

Comment by Katie. – September 18, 2012 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Two seasons ago, Clark had a girlfriend. That doesn’t mean he has one now.
          And did the reviewer edit this? Because everyone seemed to miss the end where she mentioned Flynn picking up the flower…which is odd.

Comment by NatesMama – September 18, 2012 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, Cam’s new love is Aristoo!

Comment by AtLorrieLife – March 14, 2013 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Flynn was wearing a wedding band when he picks up the flower at the end. So, hopefully he’s not Cam’s love interest if he’s married!

Comment by Sark – September 17, 2012 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think u may b right. About the Cam thing. As for collecting it as evidence, the thought did cross my mind but…..I don’t trust that man. At. All.

Comment by Fiona – September 18, 2012 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When the item was first printed here about Cam’s new love, my first guess was Angela’s ex was coming back. Remember when Cam “drove” him to the airport? Still my guess. :) It will be fun to see.

Comment by Kim R – September 18, 2012 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Flynn is also wearing a wedding ring. My money is on Clark.

Comment by O'Brien – September 18, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What if Flynn is Pelant? huh? just a thought.

Comment by Adam Benson – September 17, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is Clark who is the new love

Comment by Boiler75 – September 17, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second this. As soon as I first saw them interact this episode, I called it. Besides, has Flynn ever been on Bones before this episode?

Comment by Carly – September 17, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Flynn was in last season’s finale. But the implication was that Cam’s new love interest has “popped up” (Tamara’s words) from time to time on the show, which eliminates Flynn. That, and the fact that he’s married…and the actor has another show.

Comment by NatesMama – September 18, 2012 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I might be wrong but isn’t Clark’s new job to go on archelogical digs? If so, I doubt he’s Cam’s new love. If so, it would be all sorts of hilarious…

Comment by sladewilson – September 18, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I’m pretty sure Cam said that they needed 2 anthropologist at the Jeffersonian, so Clark will probably deal with all the bodies in bones storage so Brennan can concentrate on the fresh kills.

Comment by susanb – September 18, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great episode tonight:) doer anyone know the song played towards the end of the episode? I need it ! Lol

Comment by Susan – September 17, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what was the song playing at the end of the episode

Comment by jen – September 17, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s ‘Ho Hey’ by the Lumineers.

Comment by Susan – September 17, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s really “Hey Ho” by The Lumineers.

Comment by c-mo – September 17, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not so much.

Comment by will – September 17, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s ‘Ho Hey’ – the band is from my town.

Comment by Susan – September 17, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ho Hey by The Lumineers

Comment by CR – September 17, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Id like to know too, I have looked and cant seem to find it

Comment by nancy – September 18, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Pelant doing something to Booths alarm clock in the finale?

Comment by Ken – September 17, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I want to know! It was never addresses.

Comment by My – September 17, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess they’ll wait and address that in a future episode.

Slow acting poison, maybe?

Comment by taran63 – September 17, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And didn’t Pelant linger on Clark’s photo for awhile? What’s going to happen to him?

Comment by Maga – September 18, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ya, agent Flynn taking the flower out of the bin was somewhat suspicious. Brennan’s dad seemed awfully adamant about wanting Pelant dead. I wonder if he’ll hatch his own plan to get rid of him.

On the purely nitpicky side, that blonde wig Deschanel was wearing was awful, lol. Also, I’m not impressed with the new arrangement of the theme music.

Comment by JeffDJ – September 17, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, the new remix of the theme song is not of the goodness.

But I did like the whole Flynn thing. While not a huge twist, it was interesting and I really don’t know where they’re going with it. Which is fun.

Comment by JS4P – September 17, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving the interactions between Booth and Brennan, as always. Flynn and flowers: meaningful? No clue, just glad Bones is back!

Comment by Stamanah – September 17, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already better than last season. Not hard, I grant you. But definitely a step in the right direction.

Despite some logic flaws and leaps, I still liked the case, and I did like that the entire gang had something to contribute, and was pretty cool at least once. Plus the chemistry was much better between DB and ED in this episode.

If the show can continue to build on this more promising episode, and not get TOO light this season, I’ll be happy. Still cautious at this point, but more optimistic than I would have thought I would be with this show.

Comment by JS4P – September 17, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sort of bailed on the show when Booth was with Hannah. i slowly drifted back here and there, but I’m on board now.

Comment by Stormy – September 17, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hannah. Ugh. Have you seen the great deleted scene from S6 where Angela tells Brennan she hates Hannah? It’s the height of perfection, and I hate that it was cut.

Comment by O'Brien – September 18, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Speaking of logic flaws, how did Booth know to go to the motel? I seriously think I missed something… I thought this was a greatly enjoyable episode but I couldn’t exactly follow all the leaps the team took to crack the case. If anyone can clarify I’d love to hear the answers.

Comment by Jane – September 17, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The motel was called the Snow Drop Motel. The white flower that Angela found at the beginning was called a snowdrop.

Comment by taran63 – September 17, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max will kill him in the end! Remember he holds a grudge!

Comment by HD – September 17, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was okay. I’m still not liking Christopher Leeds as Pelant, he’s just not believable to me.

However, I absolutely loathe the new theme song. It’s far too jarring when the main notes kick in and at the minimum, they need to adjust the volume levels across all of the song. (I’d prefer if they’d keep the new credits and go back to the classic song.)

Comment by Scott – September 17, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with both. I don’t like Christopher Leeds work as Pelant. He makes an interesting character not interesting, just annoying.
      And the new version of the therem song is just horrible. I want the old one back.

Comment by batgirl – September 18, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flynn was always sketchy, either he is Pelant and set the whole thing up. Or, Pelant really did create a fake Egyptian identity and Flynn is just determined to really put him away. I found it a little odd to have Flynn at the Booth/Brennan house, they don’t normally celebrate with “outsiders.” It all seems a foreshadowing of the things that can happen when people let their guard down. The Bones writers have done a good job with this one, I can’t wait to see the season unfold!!

Comment by Kelley – September 17, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clark STILL works for Cam! If Brennan does, he does too. All she did was create an extra position. As for Flynn – he’s a good agent. I thought he simply grabbed the marigold as a hint that Pelant is still a threat.

Comment by Nancy Hecko – September 17, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think, actually, if he’s doing the archeological stuff, then maybe Cam isn’t his superior anymore. She may have asked that the position be created, but I think her authority is limited to the Medico-Legal Lab, not all other research departments at the Jeff.

Comment by O'Brien – September 18, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first thought that went through my mind when Flynn picked up the marigold was that it was foreshadowing. “Grief and misery”, or whatever she said the marigold stood for. I think he’s toast.

Comment by Babybop – September 17, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My question is what about the alarm clock from the end of last season?!?!

Comment by Tad – September 17, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve read that that will come back in a future episode. So many questions still open, I love it :D

Comment by ingmarhappy – September 18, 2012 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing Booth got rid of it after he saw Palent on his home CCTV but we’ll find out towards the end of the season when Palent comes back.

Comment by Fiona – September 18, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Cam and Sweets. See ya Clark!

Comment by Darla – September 17, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sweets is still with daisy i thought

Comment by Caitlin – September 18, 2012 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • According to Ausiello (or maybe it was Matt or Slezak), there’s a new FBI agent that comes in and unnerves Sweets, so it’s possible this FBI agent causes a break-up.

Comment by Meg – September 18, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max should have grabbed the POS and made him talk.

Comment by BrianR – September 17, 2012 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it! Having hope for this season….

PS~ I hate the rearranged theme song.

Comment by Eliza – September 17, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it. Loved how all the characters were involved, and integrated into the storyline. Especially Hodgins. Nice to see him active. And it left me wanting more…which is a good sign for this season. Hope this continues, with interesting cases.

Comment by morgan-va (@morgan_va1) – September 18, 2012 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST EPISODE EVER! I loved it <3 <3
    God I love Bones!!

Comment by Astrid – September 18, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clark/Cam bad, bad, bad idea! I like her last boyfriend! There is something I don’t understand: in the promo brennan says ” cause you love me” to booth when they are on the floor but that part doesn’t appear in the scene, why they cut it off?

Comment by Lucy – September 18, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, it was cute. Too bad that didn’t make the cut.

Comment by Pearl – September 18, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was it just me or did the Egyptian twist at the end make little sense.

Even if he were an Egyptian national, he’d still have a paper trail (and I mean actual paper) making him convicted of computer fraud (albeit now under a wrong name) and still be in violation of his parole.

Why would he be extradited to Egypt?

Comment by DJ Doena – September 18, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i just take it as somehow the egyptian gov’t has the power to claim him and take him back. whether or not that’s in accordance with actual law, i dont really know. the whole episode required a certain suspension of disbelief as some intellectual leaps were taken that i didn’t even really understand. as long as brennan’s back to brunette! thank god!

Comment by cjeffery7 – September 18, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me crazy, but one thing i didnt forget, what happened to the damn clock?

Comment by Lorena – September 18, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprisingly good definitely upped their game from last season. Hope it continues and isn’t just a creative pop like sometimes occurs with pilots.

Comment by John – September 18, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who thought the identity crap was ridiculous? The US doesn’t extradite an arraigned/convicted murderer to another country until AFTER he has completed his sentence. This ending killed the entire episode for me. I can’t believe the writers blatantly overlooked this, all for the sake of a storyline.

Comment by Mark – September 18, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do agree that the Egyptian identity ending was shocking and crap. Besides that, I enjoyed the premiere.

Comment by L – September 18, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! I thought there were also other things that made me roll my eyes. For instance, Pelant couldn’t cover his FBI hacking? Really? Why was everyone allowed to work on the case? There is clearly a huge conflict of interest that will certainly be questioned in court, all the people on Brenan’s team would be removed from the case that has anything to do with Pelant. They couldn’t crack the code for months and then Brenan was in the lab like they are no cameras, no other security anywhere in the building. I must be the only person who was completely underwhelmed with this episode and I thought it was utterly stupid.

Comment by kat – October 28, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I wondered about Booth going to the motel until one of the reviewers pointed out its name. I missed that the first time. I was thinking Cam’s new guy would be Angela’s ex but now I think it will be Flynn. Yes, he’s wearing a ring but maybe he’s going to Domestic Terrorism because his wife died on 9/11 or something similar. Also girlfriends/boyfriends don’t show up every episode so the actor could still be on another show. I think the actress who plays Caroline has recurring parts on 3 shows now. Now that he’s knows about the language of flowers (from Angela’s messages) Flynn might be connecting the marigold to something he’s already tracking elsewhere. For how the Egyptians got Pelant out of jail – he got the FBI tracking Bones instead of him last season by keeping everything moving quickly so no one had time to think. If Pelant created the new identity as someone important’s relative (diplomatic immunity – but why wouldn’t he have used that before?) they might move quickly before the FBI could prove them wrong. Also where is Pelant’s money coming from? He seems to all kinds of computers access and all so he could come from money (like Hodgins).

Comment by paula ward – September 18, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Mark- I will join you in pointing out that fact and many, many other. The writers took too much license with this plot line. Creating Plot holes all for the sake of moving the story line along and getting Brennan back into the day to day stuff at work.
    For once I have to think that HH felt pushed by the viewers to return her and her pals to the same ‘ol places in a hurry. It was not necessary.

The hurry to get this done left me not caring at all about the victim, or the case, or the reason why Bones walked in the woods for days til she found dead foliage (really??), or any other part of the story. I really just watch this show now for Booth and Brennan hookups, and we have yet to see that. When fiction becomes BS, I have to walk away. It’s tv / fiction and these writers can’t tell a decent story in 43 minutes. SHouldn’t have tried when bringing a lead back from being on the run is at stake.

Reunion???? What reunion? In fine Bones tradition, everything happens off screen.

Comment by Dorothy – September 18, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We did see th reunion. They tackled each other to the floor…and they made out. What show are you watching?

Comment by Jillian – September 18, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …and if all you want to see is B&B actually humping each other…then maybe you should go watch some shows on HBO or Showtime. They are NEVER going to show that…because it’s network TV. B&B on the washing machine and making out on the floor is all we are ever going to get :)

Comment by Jillian – September 18, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Booth’s thank you junk at the end? I agree with the diplomatic immunity botch, and the communication with Brennan over the summer was thin if not a joke, but the thank you thing at the house?

The team did not bring her home. They didn’t figure out where the body was, or that Pelant even murdered the lady from school. Brennan did all this while on the run. (enter snort here) then it took her being smuggled into the Jeffersonian over a weekend to finish the investigation. It was Sweets that made the remark about the three sides of a triangle. Angela couldn’t figure out anything. The team was not even close to clearing her. Thank you for what? Loved B&B moments, but rest of episode was a waste.

Comment by Lisa – September 18, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they wrapped up (for the time being) the Pelant story line; it was running thin. No one is that much of genius. Oh, yeah, I forgot, everyone at the Jeffersonian is, even Angela who’s an artist, but manages to be a computer genius. ( And all with only one facial expression; what a bad actress she is.) I wonder if Christine will take after her mother or be a dolt like her father. I can’t find Booth sexy at all, because he’s so stupid. “Your books are heavy”. I go for intelligent men.

Comment by Jo March. – September 18, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just because he just says that her books are heavy doesn’t mean he’s stupid. He’s just making an observation.

Comment by Jillian – September 18, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with the fact that Angela is not the best actress, that kind of bugs me because I think everyone else is stellar. Have you ever noticed, that for someone whose supposed to be so compassionate, she’s never cried. I don’t think she could squeeze out a real tear if her life depended on it, lol. But about her being a computer expert, she as a BA in Fine Arts, Art History and Computer Science. They mentioned this in the episode where Max was on trial, fyi.

Comment by susanb – September 19, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fact that Booth read and understood the information in the books should have told you that he was far from stupid.

Comment by Lisa – September 19, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was an entertaining hour but really, it should have been 2 hours. There was way too much glossed over and not explained, from really simple stuff (like how & when did Angela & Brennan set up the flower code & how did Brennan finance the running away, which could have been two or three throw away sentences, amongst many other things) to more complex stuff like the 3-sided triangle and, most especially, the Egyptian identity.

Were I writing the story, I would have been putting in hints about the Egyptian identity maybe in the season finale, but definitely through the first 90 minutes (of my 2 hour story). An identity that is linked a) to Pelant’s desire to die and b) the anti-terrorism unit Flynn is joining, and which is much better explained than the 4 minutes we got at the end of the premier.

These hints – or threads – would be pulled through the next time there were episodes involving Pelant and/or Flynn and eventually, please forgive the forced simile, all sewn up by the end of the season.

I watch this show because I really like 4 of the actors and because I need to get my blood pressure up once a week. I’d like to watch it because the stories are well written. Sigh.

Comment by Cricket Girl – September 18, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Washing machine! I guess David Boreanaz was making sense at Comic Con this summer. He seemed to be spouting off random stuff at the time.

Comment by Gwenie – September 18, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just a thought…when Booth told Flynn “what if he comes after someone you love?” and then he picked up the marigold at the end that Brennan had said meant pain and suffering—what if Cam’s new love interest is Flynn??

Comment by BW – September 19, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hooked the minute pelant’s character was introduced. I like the battle of wits between him and bones. I am still confused by what he was building for the alarm clock. Plus if booth mentioned seeing him on camera but then deleting himself out of it, but it wasn’t shown. Seemed to be a good scene to include. The way cam looked at the guy who had taken over for brennen when she was gone wasn’t like a “interested” look. I haven’t made any speculations on cams lover though. As far as Flynn taking the marigold out of the trash I think he is the real pelant. I hope they start including him and his possible connection in the next episode. The answer to how he found a way to change the location of his tracking bracelet via GPS was never fully explained either. So many questions!!!’

Comment by Anna – December 18, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did nobody else spot the colour change of the marigold from yellow to orange???

Comment by peter – January 26, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was a great episode, but a very bad wig! Pelant is almost comic-book too good. My burning question is: Why did Flynn pick up the flower? They ended the ep with t hat, then simply ignored it. Also, even if Pelant did fake up an Egyptian I.D., unless he had some diplomatic immunity, they wouldn’t extridite him when he’s charged with a felony in the States, right? What bugs me the most, however, is the whole Marigold and Flynn’s possible involvement. They need to settle that issue, or at least do something with it.

Comment by AtLorrieLife – March 14, 2013 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post