Exclusive: Jenna Dewan Joins Cast of Lifetime's Witches of East End

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Jenna Dewan Witches of East EndJenna Dewan’s got something cookin’ in her cauldron: a plum role in a buzzy new Lifetime pilot.

The Step Up star will play one of Julia Ormond’s secretly supernatural daughters in the cable net’s Witches of East End, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | American Horror Story Vet Frances Conroy Enters Asylum — Find Out Who She’ll Play

Dewan’s character, Freya Beauchamp, is a sexy and fearless former wild child who settles down after becoming engaged to fiancé Dash Gardiner, a rich philanthropist. Though not initially aware that she and her sister are their family’s newest generation of witches, a series of events forces Ormond’s Joanna — also a witch — to tell her daughters the truth.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on 47 Shows

The actress, who’ll play Adam Levine’s Lover in the upcoming American Horror Story: Asylum, was Playboy Club’s Janie before the series was cancelled last year.

Comments (37)

• So it’s Charmed meets Eastwich?

Comment by Josh – September 14, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or is it Eastwick, I can’t remember haha

Comment by Josh – September 14, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You were right the first time. It’s east which. Which I feel like watching now that I’ve read this

Comment by Erin – September 14, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eastwick was Charmed-meets-Desperate Housewives, Secret Circle was Charmed-meets-90210, This sounds more like Charmed-meets-either Gossip Girl or Sex and the City, depending on how young it skews.

Comment by wordsmith – September 15, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Technically, The Secret Circle existed long before Charmed (which I also love!). The Secret Circle is actually a series of books that began in the early 90′s by LJ Smith. Miss that show. ):

Comment by iMember – September 15, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Fair enough – I guess I was talking more about the tone and structure of the show. And yes, I’m sad too that it didn’t survive – probably the most disappointing casualty of last year.

Comment by wordsmith – September 15, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Technically Eastwick predates all of these because the novel was published in 1984.

Comment by Paloma – September 15, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Again, I was referring specifically to the recent TV show with Rebecca Romijn. I don’t think anyone can reasonably argue that it wasn’t a blatant hybrid of Desperate Housewives and Charmed. Sad that it didn’t work out – the cast was great, but the writing was all over the place – definitely a missed opportunity.

Comment by wordsmith – September 15, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jenna and am so happy she will coming to my television screen in AHS..and potentially this series on lifetime.

Comment by Jared – September 14, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i had no idea this was happening. very excited, i love julia ormond!

Comment by rebecca – September 14, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!!!! I LOVE JENNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Heather – September 14, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Would Only Work If Here Hubby Guest Star and Strip to pony.

Congrats Jenna

Comment by delarosa54 – September 14, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that sounds nothing like the book…

Comment by Me – September 14, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • tell me about it. for once I’m glad I don’t have cable.

Comment by Jacks – September 14, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved these books and I love jenna so much!!

Comment by Hillary – September 14, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds really good! I am in!

Comment by DeeKayTee – September 14, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lifetime may as well just bring back Eastwick instead. I mean none of the main girls are even doing anything.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – September 14, 2012 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i loved eastwick, it was so good, and I will def. watch this, sounds good for sure

Comment by juan – September 14, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I loved that show it was so cute all the girls were perfect for it. Will definetly be checking this out

Comment by Patricia – September 15, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting…can’t wait to watch

Comment by Kris – September 14, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luckily this doesn’t sound like the book at all! The (first) book kind of sucked because of the greek mythology at the end. As long as they stay away from greek mythology (mixed with magic) I’m onboard. I loved Charmed!

Comment by W – September 15, 2012 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was not greek mythology at all, it was Norse mythology. And yeah, they kind of threw it at us at the end. Same with the second book.

Comment by courtney – September 19, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might have to check this pilot out now as I am sure she is going to be great in AHS ;-)

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – September 15, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds kind of interesting and definitely better than The Client List.

Comment by Sareeta – September 15, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with the ‘Bring back Eastwick!’ club ! It was perfect guilty pleasure. Having said that, I really like Julia Ormond so hopefully this will be a damn good pilot.

Comment by mantua – September 15, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely going to watch..love Jenna!

Comment by Hellena Watkins – September 15, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna watch just because I love witches in TV shows n movies I love that whole category

Comment by dean – September 15, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Back Eastwick!! I miss that show so much.

Comment by Bryce – September 15, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t even get through a few chapters of the book but I might give the TV show a chance…it sounds a little different and actually better!

Comment by xoxo – September 15, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t Melissa de la Cruz write this series? Why does it say Julia Ormond?

Comment by Chan – September 15, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Adam Levine’s Lover”? Is that the proper name of a character on AHS?

Comment by Miffy – September 16, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think their characters are only known as The Lovers, so….. yeah LOL

Comment by Jorge – September 16, 2012 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, this book series is written by Melissa de la Cruz. I had no idea it had been optioned for TV. Looking forward to it. Wonder when it will premiere.

Comment by RainDance – September 16, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like the sound of this show! i’ll watch.

Comment by Elyse – September 17, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Eastwick came out i was hoping it would be like Charmed and it was wasn’t but i did watch it. I’m hoping this is more like charmed and less like a soap.

Ah well.

I will be looking forward to it for sure

Comment by Sasha – September 17, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is cashing in on the witches craze that has failed of recent a smart move, yes they aren’t network but really is this in lifetime’s demographic???

Comment by DavidSask – September 17, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post