Supernatural Sneak Peek: Will Dean's New Frenemy Ruin the Winchesters' Big Reunion?

The CW’s Supernatural is back fighting monsters in the Season 8 premiere on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c, and we’ve got a sneak peek at Dean’s return from purgatory — and his new frenemy who has tagged along to Earth.

FALL PREVIEW | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Supernatural — Plus 46 Other Shows!

After a year apart, Sam and Dean are reunited, but the elder Winchester finds that the big moment “isn’t exactly what he thought it would be,” per the official episode description. Plus, Benny (played by Ty Olsson), the vamp who helped Dean get home, is looming in the wings (and in an interesting get-up), threatening to spill some secrets.

“He’s not a good guy,” star Jensen Ackles shared at Comic-Con. “[He] stands to pose a bit of an issue for Dean because maybe there are things that Dean has hidden that he doesn’t want to tell Sam that happened in purgatory.”

VIDEO | Supernatural Reunites the Winchesters — Plus: Kevin Has Big News

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Mikaylah says:

I cannot accurately describe how excited I am for this season to start. I just hope it isn’t too long before we see Cas again.

• rowan77 says:

Carver said he’s in 8 of the first nine episodes (and that was all the episodes they had broken stories for at that point, so Cas may be back a great deal this season.

• Dilys says:

I’m with you. I’m excited for this season and for Carver’s vision. But my favorite character is Cas and I’m longing to see him again. I truly hope Dean and Cas’ profound bond is back in place and they are able to continue repairing their relationship in Purgatory.

2. Morgan says:

Yay, Crowley. But it’s been a year and still no one has managed to give Sam a haircut?

• taya says:

I know he is way to hairy :)

• Jess says:

I think Sam’s hair looks fine. Looks like his hair gets longer with each season. Jared himself has said he likes it long. As long as the producers don’t have a problem with it. Plus if Sam has gotten out of the hunting life during this year it would fit that his hair is longer and shaggier. If it means anything, pics from the last con show him with his hair trimmed a little. Hope that will make some people happy, lol. As much as I loved it in seasons 1-3, it probably won’t be going back to that.

3. kate says:

I am excited about this. but I am very disappointed to see Sam will not be getting a hair cut this season :(

4. Dan says:

Why so much complain on Sam’s hair? He looks fine. Maybe he will get a hair later this season.

5. Al says:

I don’t like Benny nor the brothers having a stained relationship again.

• Alan says:

how can you pass judgement on a character you have seen yet, that makes no sense. also brother fight in real life all the time and with all the crazy crap sam and dean go through its not surprising that they would have a falling out every now and then. the way some people complain makes me think that portraying relationships realistically is the worst thing a writer can do in their eyes

• Dilys says:

I like Ty Olsson – he’s been awesome on twitter – but I’m a little concerned over how much attention is being given to the character of Benny. I’m going to keep an open mind but I would far rather watch Cas than a new character I am not invested in.

6. Sofia says:

I’m counting the days until the boys r back. N super happy they might be around for a 10th season :D
    I’m kinda digging Sam’s longer hair so long as they comb it this season.

7. Clare says:

I just want to know Cas is OK… ;_;

• Kathy Kitt says:

I think at best Cass is stuck in Purgatory and at worst he is dead. We don’t seem to be getting any pictures of Misha Collins on set so I’m worried about that.

• Alan says:

i think its great we arent getting any pictures, it leaves a sense of mystery and intrigue i havent felt for a tv show or film in years

8. Waiting and waiting and waiting…. Getting tired of waiting. I wanna see the new episodes. Stoked!

9. Kay says:

I can’t wait for the first glimpse of Benny and what exactly will be his relationship with Dean! I am also very anxiously waiting for news on Castiel – his part is the biggest mystery so far.

10. chantell says:

Please someone tell me cas is ok?!

11. Jane says:

Love these pictures. Jared and Jensen look better than ever this season. I personally really like Jared’s hair this season! The new Benny character sounds really interesting. Can’t wait for October 3rd!

12. Isabelle says:

I like Sams long hair, and I think he’d look dang hot if he tied it back. I can’t for this season, I am trusting Carver all the way to put the show back at the glory days when u couldn’t wait to watch.

13. June says:

I want you guys to keep contacting me about the new season , i am a little confused you guys are coming on Wednesday October 3 , but i thought you all came on Friday’s instead.

14. Shaun says:

Is it just me or have we seen this church before?

• Alan says:

probably. considering the show is supposed to happen on the road there arent that many places in vancouver for them to film so they are bound to double or even triple up after this many years

15. Ella says:

TOO excited. Jared looks so hot but I wish he’s cut his hair! Also can’t wait to see Cas again :(

16. Mo says:

I think it actually makes sense for Sam to have extra long hair for the first episode at least. He has spent the last year living a normal type life and NOT pretending to be an FBI agent so it didn’t matter how long & fluffy it got. I’m just glad the sideburns are under control. And I know Cas is back in the purgatory flashbacks… I’m just anxious to see if he makes it out of there. Can’t wait to see this how this “frenemy” Benny is going to affect Dean and his relationship with Sam & Cas.

17. susan says:

Doesn’t anyone feel its a bit like the hell storyline all over again.

18. Roni says:

Jared it’s time to cut the hair….

19. rainyday says:

Actually, it’s been reported that Castiel will be in at least eight episodes of the 23-episode season, not eight out of the first nine. Although I think it’s hilarious that out of all the new developments people seem to be interested in this season, Sam’s hair is in the top five.

20. I am keeping an open mind about this season after all the hype of last season. I hope Dean didnt abandon Castiel in purgatory, in favour of Benny, i have a horrible feeling that this could be Deans secret that Benny threatens to tell. Dont mind new charractors on the show as long as they dont push out favourits like Castiel ,im worried , after all they got rid off Bobby.