Fall TV Preview

Supernatural Sneak Peek: Will Dean's New Frenemy Ruin the Winchesters' Big Reunion?

The CW’s Supernatural is back fighting monsters in the Season 8 premiere on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c, and we’ve got a sneak peek at Dean’s return from purgatory — and his new frenemy who has tagged along to Earth.

FALL PREVIEW | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Supernatural — Plus 46 Other Shows!

After a year apart, Sam and Dean are reunited, but the elder Winchester finds that the big moment “isn’t exactly what he thought it would be,” per the official episode description. Plus, Benny (played by Ty Olsson), the vamp who helped Dean get home, is looming in the wings (and in an interesting get-up), threatening to spill some secrets.

“He’s not a good guy,” star Jensen Ackles shared at Comic-Con. “[He] stands to pose a bit of an issue for Dean because maybe there are things that Dean has hidden that he doesn’t want to tell Sam that happened in purgatory.”

VIDEO | Supernatural Reunites the Winchesters — Plus: Kevin Has Big News

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (34)

• I cannot accurately describe how excited I am for this season to start. I just hope it isn’t too long before we see Cas again.

Comment by Mikaylah – September 13, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Carver said he’s in 8 of the first nine episodes (and that was all the episodes they had broken stories for at that point, so Cas may be back a great deal this season.

Comment by rowan77 – September 13, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s awesome. I’m really excited for them to flashback and show us Cas and Dean’s time in Purgatory.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – September 13, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. I’m excited for this season and for Carver’s vision. But my favorite character is Cas and I’m longing to see him again. I truly hope Dean and Cas’ profound bond is back in place and they are able to continue repairing their relationship in Purgatory.

Comment by Dilys – September 14, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, Crowley. But it’s been a year and still no one has managed to give Sam a haircut?

Comment by Morgan – September 13, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know he is way to hairy :)

Comment by taya – September 13, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wish they would…

Comment by Donna Lewis Reeves – September 13, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Sam’s hair looks fine. Looks like his hair gets longer with each season. Jared himself has said he likes it long. As long as the producers don’t have a problem with it. Plus if Sam has gotten out of the hunting life during this year it would fit that his hair is longer and shaggier. If it means anything, pics from the last con show him with his hair trimmed a little. Hope that will make some people happy, lol. As much as I loved it in seasons 1-3, it probably won’t be going back to that.

Comment by Jess – September 14, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am excited about this. but I am very disappointed to see Sam will not be getting a hair cut this season :(

Comment by kate – September 13, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why so much complain on Sam’s hair? He looks fine. Maybe he will get a hair later this season.

Comment by Dan – September 13, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Benny nor the brothers having a stained relationship again.

Comment by Al – September 13, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how can you pass judgement on a character you have seen yet, that makes no sense. also brother fight in real life all the time and with all the crazy crap sam and dean go through its not surprising that they would have a falling out every now and then. the way some people complain makes me think that portraying relationships realistically is the worst thing a writer can do in their eyes

Comment by Alan – September 14, 2012 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Ty Olsson – he’s been awesome on twitter – but I’m a little concerned over how much attention is being given to the character of Benny. I’m going to keep an open mind but I would far rather watch Cas than a new character I am not invested in.

Comment by Dilys – September 14, 2012 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m counting the days until the boys r back. N super happy they might be around for a 10th season :D
    I’m kinda digging Sam’s longer hair so long as they comb it this season.

Comment by Sofia – September 13, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to know Cas is OK… ;_;

Comment by Clare – September 13, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think at best Cass is stuck in Purgatory and at worst he is dead. We don’t seem to be getting any pictures of Misha Collins on set so I’m worried about that.

Comment by Kathy Kitt – September 13, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think its great we arent getting any pictures, it leaves a sense of mystery and intrigue i havent felt for a tv show or film in years

Comment by Alan – September 14, 2012 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Waiting and waiting and waiting…. Getting tired of waiting. I wanna see the new episodes. Stoked!

Comment by Donna Lewis Reeves – September 13, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the first glimpse of Benny and what exactly will be his relationship with Dean! I am also very anxiously waiting for news on Castiel – his part is the biggest mystery so far.

Comment by Kay – September 13, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please someone tell me cas is ok?!

Comment by chantell – September 13, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love these pictures. Jared and Jensen look better than ever this season. I personally really like Jared’s hair this season! The new Benny character sounds really interesting. Can’t wait for October 3rd!

Comment by Jane – September 13, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Sams long hair, and I think he’d look dang hot if he tied it back. I can’t for this season, I am trusting Carver all the way to put the show back at the glory days when u couldn’t wait to watch.

Comment by Isabelle – September 13, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want you guys to keep contacting me about the new season , i am a little confused you guys are coming on Wednesday October 3 , but i thought you all came on Friday’s instead.

Comment by June – September 13, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • June, the network moved the show from Fridays to Wednesdays for this season.

Comment by bdc – September 13, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or have we seen this church before?

Comment by Shaun – September 13, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • probably. considering the show is supposed to happen on the road there arent that many places in vancouver for them to film so they are bound to double or even triple up after this many years

Comment by Alan – September 14, 2012 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TOO excited. Jared looks so hot but I wish he’s cut his hair! Also can’t wait to see Cas again :(

Comment by Ella – September 13, 2012 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it actually makes sense for Sam to have extra long hair for the first episode at least. He has spent the last year living a normal type life and NOT pretending to be an FBI agent so it didn’t matter how long & fluffy it got. I’m just glad the sideburns are under control. And I know Cas is back in the purgatory flashbacks… I’m just anxious to see if he makes it out of there. Can’t wait to see this how this “frenemy” Benny is going to affect Dean and his relationship with Sam & Cas.

Comment by Mo – September 13, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t anyone feel its a bit like the hell storyline all over again.

Comment by susan – September 14, 2012 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It might be or it might not be, I think it’s a little too early to tell. Let’s wait till the episodes air and then decide. ;))

Comment by Nick – September 14, 2012 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • superficially yes but the details are quite different so far so im not expecting it to be like that

Comment by Alan – September 14, 2012 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jared it’s time to cut the hair….

Comment by Roni – September 14, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually, it’s been reported that Castiel will be in at least eight episodes of the 23-episode season, not eight out of the first nine. Although I think it’s hilarious that out of all the new developments people seem to be interested in this season, Sam’s hair is in the top five.

Comment by rainyday – September 14, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am keeping an open mind about this season after all the hype of last season. I hope Dean didnt abandon Castiel in purgatory, in favour of Benny, i have a horrible feeling that this could be Deans secret that Benny threatens to tell. Dont mind new charractors on the show as long as they dont push out favourits like Castiel ,im worried , after all they got rid off Bobby.

Comment by debbie webster – September 15, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post